Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,280 members, 7,839,384 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? (17592 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / Attitudes Guys Display When They Have Been Lured, Duped & Dumped By Gold Diggers / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Mygoldie(f): 2:38pm On Jan 19, 2011
tensor777:

It is because of confused mixed-up teenagers like Asterides that there are laws aganst under-age sex in Western Countries.
What is even more pathetic is that such a wayward girl thinks her lifestyle and the mentality that goes with it is desirable when she is merely being used and exploited. sad sad

do you ever get tried of putting your point across, ''just curious'' undecided
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2011
Mygoldie:

do you ever get tried of putting your point across, ''just curious'' undecided
Not really. You were not by any chance imagining that you lot would get away with the nonsense you've been posting?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Mygoldie(f): 2:44pm On Jan 19, 2011
Lol, you make me laff,its a mutual feeling and its pointless.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by agitator: 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2011
@tensor777

This time you have been exceptional on this thread, but don't bother.

Ladies who feel they are smart always get burnt.

May be you have not noticed, already, she is on "lord reed's" hit list.

The aristos tell them what they want to hear just like you posted earlier.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by LordReed(m): 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2011
@agitator
Folk like you die of envy quickly. Even when there's nothing to envy your depraved mind has to manufacture something. I pity you.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by dayokanu(m): 4:10pm On Jan 19, 2011
You are the one who's getting it twisted here,just because your poor doesn't mean you won't care for your girl,mind you,i'm not asking you to buy her heaven and earth NO.you can do little things like buying her stuffs like cream,hand bag,tops,trousers etc. it doesn't mean she's a goldigger.it doesn't mean she cannot care for her needs,it doesn't mean she can't be independent. but the fact that some men label their women as a goldigger,just cause she asked for maybe money or so,is not just right atall.

@Mygoldie,

When the man buys this for his gf, What does the girl give back in return?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@agitator
Folk like you die of envy quickly. Even when there's nothing to envy your depraved mind has to manufacture something. I pity you.
Don't mind him. Seriously,it's not worth the effort. P.s-I mailed you like an hour ago. Have you seen it? You can send the book in .pdf format.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2011
agitator:

@tensor777
This time you have been exceptional on this thread, but don't bother.
Ladies who feel they are smart always get burnt.
May be you have not noticed, already, she is on "lord reed's" hit list.
The aristos tell them what they want to hear just like you posted earlier.
That is so obvious but I did not want to call them out as she would have thought I wanted to hit on her. cool
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by LordReed(m): 4:44pm On Jan 19, 2011
@Atreides
I haven't seen it. Check and see if you get a mailerdaemon response.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Jenifa1: 9:09pm On Feb 04, 2011
these men label women gold-diggers because they are trying to avoid traditional financial responsibilities.
on the other hand, they don't want a career woman who already is financially stable. instead they want a young dependent girl.

basically they want to eat their cake and have it. which is impossible.
even our forefathers married off their young daughters to the highest bidder.

nobody wants to live in poverty or wish it on their kin.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2011
Jenifa_:

these men label women gold-diggers because they are trying to avoid traditional financial responsibilities.
on the other hand, they don't want a career woman who already is financially stable. instead they want a young dependent girl.
basically they want to eat their cake and have it. which is impossible.
even our forefathers married off their young daughters to the highest bidder.
nobody wants to live in poverty or wish it on their kin.
And how common is it to marry up in Nigeria or anywhere else for that matter? People do tend to marry within their socio-economic class you know. So squash this idea of an impoverished lady using marriage as a way of escaping a life of squalor. The best way for such a woman to escape poverty is the obvious way- namely getting herself something tangible doing and not leeching off others.
Anyway a golddigger is likely to be a more experienced worldly woman as opposed to a naive schoolgirl who does not even have a chance at beating the players at their game
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Jenifa1: 4:21am On Feb 05, 2011
tensor777:

And how common is it to marry up in Nigeria or anywhere else for that matter? People do tend to marry within their socio-economic class you know. So squash this idea of an impoverished lady using marriage as a way of escaping a life of squalor. The best way for such a woman to escape poverty is the obvious way- namely getting herself something tangible doing and not leeching off others.
Anyway a golddigger is likely to be a more experienced worldly woman as opposed to a naive schoolgirl who does not even have a chance at beating the players at their game

nobody said school girls were naive.
you've heard of the aristo phenomenon on naija university campuses.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by fstranger1: 4:23am On Feb 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

you've heard of the [b]aristo phenomenon [/b]on naija university campuses.

Your shameless BF is telling you too much about Nigeria
And you are getting too far

Desist from maligning Nigeria's image or I would have to report you to the mods!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2011
fstranger1:

Your shameless BF is telling you too much about Nigeria
And you are getting too far

Desist from maligning Nigeria's image or I would have to report you to the mods!

lol. . stranger,stranger,stranger. . How many times did i call you? Stop attacking this girl naa. .
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

you've heard of the aristo phenomenon on naija university campuses.
Well some of them are naive as they don't really know what they are getting themselves into.
But I would not class them as gold-diggers. They are simply good time girls.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Jenifa1: 3:59am On Feb 06, 2011
tensor777:

Well some of them are naive as they don't really know what they are getting themselves into.
But I would not class them as gold-diggers. They are simply good time girls.

ok. so what's your definition of a gold-digger?
I personally find the term offensive and don't think women who prefer successful/ wealthy men are necessarily gold diggers. so that's one point I agree with you on.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 06, 2011
^I am not sure that it is that offensive as it presupposes that the lady in question is shrewd, knowledgable, and knows what she wants. Who no like better thing after all?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Jenifa1: 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2011
that's true.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by asas(f): 4:03am On Feb 07, 2011
y is it only women dat r gold-diggers dere r also men who r gold diggers also
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 07, 2011
asas:

y is it only women dat r gold-diggers dere r also men who r gold diggers also

Absolutely and they are on the rise!
Some male goldiggers put the female counter parts to shame!

Look @ Anna Nicole Smiths baby's father, who before her death
was not interested in the baby until he realized the amount of money
and property she was to inherit. He went to courts and used the public to
win over the assets to "monitor for his newborn" and kicked ANS's widower
out of the house they had in the Bahamas prior to her death, remember
he had NO interest in the baby before hand. SMH.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by asas(f): 4:18am On Feb 07, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

correct, perfect example
guys dat date older women for cash aka gigolos
guys who date girls from rich backgrounds not only women its a 2way thing women golddiggers and men golddiggers
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 11:23am On Feb 07, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Good example. I remember when i first saw him i thought 'beach boy',and how is this beach boy who had NO interest in the baby before suddenly turn into this devoted father?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by moonraker(m): 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2011
@ Atreides

I like ur picture, Dr Duff

I see u watch the phineas and ferb series, kool!!!!!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 12:02pm On Feb 07, 2011
moonraker:

@ Atreides

I like your picture, Dr Duff

I see u watch the phineas and ferb series, kool!!!!!
Of course i watch Phineas and Ferb. . That's one of my fav cartoons animated motion picture series. grin grin
Dr. Doofenshmirtz's uber-cool.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by moonraker(m): 12:10pm On Feb 07, 2011
Agent P grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 12:21pm On Feb 07, 2011
moonraker:

Agent P grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
I think its so funny that Doofenshmirtz is so modest-he doesnt wanna take over the whole world;just the entire tri-state area! grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by moonraker(m): 12:27pm On Feb 07, 2011
@ Atreides

hahahahahha yep with his smt smt INATOR!!!! i like the way he makes up his own names

like BO-AT (hehehheh tht was a classic).

did u watch the episode of MEAP in Seattle?? theres also the new ones where duff and agent P engage in tokyo,
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Mygoldie(f): 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2011
Atreides:

grin grin grin
I think its so funny that Doofenshmirtz is so modest-he doesnt wanna take over the whole world;just the entire tri-state area! grin grin

Wasup sis.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by MrCork17: 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2011
Atreides (f), <<<<< Gold Digger wink

MyGoldie <<<<<< Pat time Gold digger undecided

Mrs Chima <<<<< Full time Gold digger angry
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Touns1234(m): 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2011
This is an interesting question and am sure ladies are very much interested than the guys.
Well, obvious part, a guy will spent so much on his girl but whenever he caught her cheating on him,
the whole blows out and boils down to the fact that " u don't care for me, u only want my money" gold-digger.
Is easy to say, when a guy is angry, disappointed so on,
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2011
Mygoldie:

Wasup sis.
Hey babez. . How be?
*quickly remembers something*
Wait,why am i greeting you? I'm still angry with you! You put me in trouble at home ydai!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by busygirl(f): 4:03am On Feb 08, 2011
Where was I when this hot topic started sad . Personally, I'm not the type of girl that would ask things from a guy, I can always sort myself out. But notwithstanding, I like guys that act on instincts. Basic instincts should tell a man when to spend for a girl e.g valentine, christmas , anniversaries and all that.
When it comes to marriage, it is a different ball game. The man must be financially capable before you marry him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Age Did You Get Disvirgined / What I Went Through For 2years All Because Of Raw Sex / I Have Outlived My Penis - Charly Boy Shares A Poem By Willie Nelson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.