Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,690 members, 7,837,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? (17587 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / Attitudes Guys Display When They Have Been Lured, Duped & Dumped By Gold Diggers / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^ What does basic instinct tell women?

Doesnt the same instinct tell women to spend equally on the guy or are they inferior beings?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by chic2pimp(m): 7:29pm On Feb 09, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ What does basic instinct tell women?

Doesnt the same instinct tell women to spend equally on the guy or are they inferior beings?
Ofcourse it doesn't. Abi you don forget say nah women we dey discuss here?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
,xs32e
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
.2zsc1ef
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 12:46am On Jul 04, 2012
Atreides: Why is it that some men are so quick to call women gold-diggers? The minute you mention certain financial expectations that you have of a partner,they're like oh,she's a gold-digger or oh,she's a lazy,money-grubbing lady. Is true love=Poverty? Must we suffer and eat sand before our love can be said to be true? P.s-i do agree that there are many female gold-diggers out there. However,i don't think that having reasonable financial expectations of a guy makes you one. It is not a must for us to suffer and grow lean before people will know we truly love a person. Love is not equal to poverty/suffering.

Unless you also match these "financial expectations", you really don't deserve it. wink

So fine, let's say your broke azz doesn't want to do it new-millenium style. You want to go the old-school route and start off your relationship with the guy like that.
Fine. No problem. He'll go through the motions sweating it out for your new BB, new BWeave, new gString, all that ish you have no trouble asking him for (or hold against him if he doesn't ask you if you want).

If he then expects you to do wifey things about and cook for him (Simple common-sense ROI naw), that is the time you will also remind him that this is the 22nd century and that you are an "independent woman"....forgetting you are broke and living off him and your decision to go old-school.

Men don't have a problem as long as YOU pick a generational MODE and stick to it, not flipping the switch to any-which-way that suits you per time and expecting things to just flow like that.

For some reason, white women GET this and understand the true meaning of equality without this yeye straddling each side of the fence that blacks do.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 04, 2012
XWHEBR
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 04, 2012
,10HFVT
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 04, 2012
sosoluv:
Its 21st century

I know what I said nucca smiley
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 04, 2012
sosoluv:
Lol I'm at a varisty wit a whole lot of white girls they wld rather date the shortest, funny looking guy that is financially stable and can afford to wine and dine her and take her shopping rather than a hot guy who does not have a car....somehow wen white women do it they know the true meaning of equality and if its a black girl its another story...out of the white girl u have seen that date black men how many of them date broke azz niggas?they go for the well established ones irregardless of their race. No one wants to leave their lavish life becos they said I love u to a man who struggles to eat. If u r broke accept it, stop asking women out if u can't provide for them,,, work on ur sorry self to get out the that poverty-stricken life of urs simple!

Wow that got personal very quickly cheesy

You don't even know me, so I must have really hit a nerve. Sounds like a lot of hurting going on there.
Are you poor and poverty-stricken? smiley
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 04, 2012
.2FG
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 04, 2012
sosoluv:
Well if u r poverty-stricken or u pretend to be financially stable then yes it is directed to u and if u r not then its not directed to u smiley I wld never marry a men who doesn't have some of the quality my father has and that's a man with in ability to provide and protect his loved ones according to his means

You seem to be talking a lot about "your dad" and not about yourself.
I take it you're one of the broke women I made mention of earlier.

Which would make perfect sense if you are still a student, but what you are now saying is that you wouldn't date your fellow struggling student because he has not gotten to the financial level of your dad yet.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and give you the chance to clarify some of your views yourself.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by claremont(m): 7:30am On Jul 04, 2012
Why should a girl have the so-called financial expectations (whatever that means!) from a guy in the first place?! Costs should be shared 50-50 between both parties, rather than one party being totally dependent on the other in the name of African culture. Anyone (male/female) who is not ready to share costs 50-50 must be a gold-digger!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 04, 2012
claremont: Why should a girl have the so-called financial expectations (whatever that means!) from a guy in the first place?! Costs should be shared 50-50 between both parties, rather than one party being totally dependent on the other in the name of African culture. Anyone (male/female) who is not ready to share costs 50-50 must be a gold-digger!

Especially with this latest trend that you can't even nicely ask your girlfriend to help you cook something over the weekend anymore without feminist propaganda escaping from her mouth.
Forgetting about all the BB and what not she has asked for and received from him.

If she got these things herself, then that would be awesome. But if she got them off him, then she needs to play her own part like the old-school women did it.
The scales must be balanced at the end of the day.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 04, 2012
-6*4Y4DRFTY5HT1F6RTY5YT36A5D1Z6VG1T2EH1NV4RFDESWS
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 04, 2012
-6*5YT
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 04, 2012
-3654YG
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by malaria(f): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2012
I will always adore Psq 4 makin daty piece:chop my money
4 real guys who knwa hw 2 treat a girl Right.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
sosoluv:
In the old days fathers wld not let a man near his daughter if he was not capable to provide and protect his child...the only difference wit then and now is that women can now choose forthemselves without the assistance of their a fathers... If a man cannot feel proud about wining and dining his woman,,, what makes u thinks he can carry out a bigger responsiblity later on like pay for the child's fees. If a woman is successful, she is clever enough to know that she needs a man who thinks along the same line as she does...and that a man who is defined by who he is, what he does and how much he makes. If he he is not proud of what he does he is probably not earning as he wld want to....and if is not secure about this he will jus go hunt for an insecure woman to trap jus to match his personality

And If a woman cannot feel proud taking care of her man kitchen-wise and otherwise, what makes you think she will do the same for the children when they come? I don't want my children thinking pizza and McDonalds is the way to go.
Every woman in the old days received exquisite training in the honorable home-making arts and did them with joy. I can't say the same for today.
As you see, the pressure and "prove you're worthy thing" is not only on the man's end. Girls craftily forget that they too, are to be judged on their usefulness to the upcoming family cell.

I do feel happy when I treat my woman as a man should, but I'm sorry to say that most of y'all girls don't even know what it means to be a potential "family woman".
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
1H
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
sosoluv:
In the old days fathers wld not let a man near his daughter if he was not capable to provide and protect his child...the only difference wit then and now is that women can now choose forthemselves without the assistance of their a fathers... If a man cannot feel proud about wining and dining his woman,,, what makes u thinks he can carry out a bigger responsiblity later on like pay for the child's fees. If a woman is successful, she is clever enough to know that she needs a man who thinks along the same line as she does...and that a man who is defined by who he is, what he does and how much he makes. If he he is not proud of what he does he is probably not earning as he wld want to....and if is not secure about this he will jus go hunt for an insecure woman to trap jus to match his personality
This is not to insult your father but it looks like he's been wasting money on someone's tuition.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
One thing I have 'learnt' from this thread is that women really have no qualms in being treated like grocery. As far as I am loaded I can have as many women as I want without feeling guilty. In fact, stupidity would be concealing the quality and depth of my harem. Any woman that has a problem with this can move on to the next available rich, 'faithful' buster. And at the end of the day it's all about the money. Thanks ladies, we learn everyday.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2012
lol, the joke's on you girls. You've said it over and over and we agree, you must chop our money. Problem is, like 2buff said, you wan eat your cake and have it...when i'm paying for your time, i don't expect you to have an opinion, just sit there and look pretty- and please cook and clean cheesy
Me, these days i stick with real gold-diggers(brazilian weave and all that), i get my money's worth and no nagging from wannabe gold-digger-daddy's girl.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
BoboYekini: lol, the joke's on you girls. You've said it over and over and we agree, you must chop our money. Problem is, like 2buff said, you wan eat your cake and have it...when i'm paying for your time, i don't expect you to have an opinion, just sit there and look pretty- and please cook and clean cheesy
Me, these days i stick with real gold-diggers(brazilian weave and all that), i get my money's worth and no nagging from wannabe gold-digger-daddy's girl.
Gbamified gbamology.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
sosoluv:
Love, support and be loyal to ur husband. ensuring that the best interests of ur family are of paramount importance according to the woman, caring and looking after them... Most women can do that, the problem is there jus aren't a lot of men to do that for who actually deserve it

And in terms of providing, most men can do that too.
My own is that if that is role you want to play (I.e. providee) then don't even cough when you are asked "babe what's for dinner tonite?".
Let not a single damned hypocritical feminist sentence leave your mouth, and be sure you are ready to answer the question with a brilliant and sexy smile.

Again, my point is, there is 50-50 style and there is traditional style. We don't care which style you've decided to play it, but pick ONE and do it well. Don't constantly flip the switch to whatever suits you per second.
Imagine some guys coming home from work to then start cooking and cleaning again when woman dey house all day watching tv and painting nails.
Which kain yeye life be dat one?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 05, 2012
H
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by IZUKWU(m): 11:29am On Jul 05, 2012
sosoluv:
My dear u set ground rules the day she steps in that house, u tell her what u wld require her to do since u will be paying em bills, if she is not ready to step up from day one she will walk away. Its logic. Why wld u suffer urself like this,,, jus to see a pretty face that u can show off to everyone, the day u guys decide to move in together u have to tell each other why u expect from the relationship. In my culture if a woman cannot clean, cook or satisfy a man in bed, she will be sent back to her parent's house for tutorials then she will go back wen she is woman enough
sosolove, my question is where is the place of love in all these. I have dated about four ladies in the past 3 years since after my nysc. I have found out that they expect me to pay for their time. Infact one was bold enough to tell me that man cannot Bleep her for free. But our problem began when she started talking about love and me not sending her love messages and i was like what the Bleep ,am i not paying for these things. These days before i chat up a girl,i look at her well and find out what it will cost me before i proceed cause many ladies see girlfriendship as a way of making ends met sadly even some of the working ones too.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by IZUKWU(m): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2012
Canisma: When it comes to romance, there is a cold war between guys and ladies, hence the frequent mud-slinging (girls are golddiggers !, men are dogs! ) Most men go into relationships for sex while most women go into it for money. Both genders hate to see it that way, yet they cant do without each other. I think the ultimate aim is to be loved for who we are and not because of sex or money, but we are all selfish beings, how can this be possible. The panacea should be; Guys, bring on the money ~ ladies, get ready for sex. But if u cant stand this heat, get out of the kitchen. The principle is QUOD PRO QUO. Let the game continue.
i suppose that is the conclusion of the whole matter
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by IZUKWU(m): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
1one: @Atriedes
"You've not jammed 'real' gold diggers", I find this statement very interesting especially the qualifying word "Real', I think it's fair to say no matter how nice,decent,sweet or financially empathizing a lady is,every lady to some extent is a gold digger,as you put it some are 'real' gold diggers while others are not, Comparing the list of expectations you demand your bf/hubby to meet to your own duties to him.UNFAIR is screaming out of my server.I think guys have warmed up to the fact that all girls are gold diggers but we prefer those who have 'spoons' for digging as against those who have customized 3-mouthed shovels and wheelbarrows.

An average guy knows that to some degree he's responsible for his girl's material needs, fulfilling these needs many times validates his superiority and masculinity so he would naturally love to do them

But then all we are saying is don't come into a relationship with the mind set that we are some Government funded N.G.O set up to give you things that even your dreams can not accomodate, EVEN AS A DREAM.
guy,you can talk.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
NB
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
@1one if u think every woman is a gold digger in a way then maybe u need to start dating men. Problem solved
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
IZUKWU: sosolove, my question is where is the place of love in all these. I have dated about four ladies in the past 3 years since after my nysc. I have found out that they expect me to pay for their time. Infact one was bold enough to tell me that man cannot Bleep her for free. But our problem began when she started talking about love and me not sending her love messages and i was like what the Bleep ,am i not paying for these things. These days before i chat up a girl,i look at her well and find out what it will cost me before i proceed cause many ladies see girlfriendship as a way of making ends met sadly even some of the working ones too.
Yet they claim they ain't bittches.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Age Did You Get Disvirgined / See This Valentine Themed Food, Menu (Photos) / Most Romantic Lady In Da Romance Section..... Voting Ends Tonight >>>>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.