Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners (19689 Views)

APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate / Presidential Debate Timetable Confirmed, Debate Dates Are Feb 1 and Feb 8! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Eretare(m): 6:42am On Jan 18, 2011
Many persons can say what they will but as a supporter of GEJ, here is my own two pence.
1. Though he may not be the most flamboyant of persons, he has been able to achieve something that has been a rarity in Nigeria which is the eradication of fuel scarcity. We may have taken it for granted yet over the holiday season we can look back to the fact that we did not spend valuable hours in the petrol station.
2. He is disciplined. In contrast to Mallam Ribadu who thought that because he was in charge of the EFCC he was no longer part of the Nigerian Police force so refused his redeployment to his new area of assignment.
3. Ribadu is not corrupt yet he still manages to buy a house at the palms in Dubai. How does a government employee get so much money to buy such a property?
4. He was a strong voice of the anti-corruption crusade yet it can be argued that he targeted those whose politics did not rhyme with that of his boss. Despite all the noise from the pro-Ribadu camp, the anti-corruption crusade is still going strong and it is not going about its duties in an unlawful manner as it was under its previous leadership who flouted the law many times. Good intentions does not justify a wrong action.
5. He may appear slow but till date, GEJ has the record for the fastest strike resolution. Remember the ASUU and Labour strikes of November that were all resolved after only one day. If that is not a sign of effective leadership, i don't know what else is.
6. On the power issue, i don't see how privatisation of the power sector will make it any worse than it currently is. Workers may want to strike for the various reasons but to me the honest reason is that they are afraid that they'll have to work for their salaries.
For now, i rest my case.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 18, 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5664107-146/story.csp

American School disobeys government directive on closure

By Ngozi Sam

January 18, 2011 02:14AM
Print print Email email Share Share

[size=18pt]
Although President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration has kept millions of children at home to allow for voter registration in schools, the president’s two children and those of other affluent citizens are attending school uninterrupted.
[/size] The elite school these children attend, the American International School, Abuja, is in full session. The Federal Ministry of Education had on January 6, ordered all schools to postpone their resumption date until February 4. The American International School, Abuja - which counts among its pupils and students children of prominent senators, ministers, governors, and even the president - resumed on January 10 and has remained open ever since, running a normal school programme.

A reliable source at the school, who would like to remain unnamed, confirmed to NEXT that the school, which runs an American system of education, is attended by the children of high-ranking government officials and politicians, many of whom are active members of its Parent-Teacher Association.

According to the source, who is a staff member of the school, “This is an American school but I don’t think it is enough reason for them to disobey [a] government order. I see it as an embarrassment. Maybe it is because all the teachers are foreign and they are sure that the school will not be used for voter registration.

“The school fees range from between N600,000 to N4 million, and no parent will pay that much and see their children at home during [a] normal school session for any reason. National Assembly members, ministers and even the president’s children are here. The two of the president’s children are in primary school in this school.”

Business as usual

When NEXT visited the school last Friday, students were seen playing on the school’s playground. Yesterday afternoon, parents and guardians were seen driving in to pick up their children and wards after a full day of school activities. The school’s gates, which are usually shut with to-and-fro traffic closely monitored during school hours, were wide open.

Efforts to get a response from school authorities on why the government’s directive had been ignored did not yield any results.

Amy Uzoewulu, the school’s director, in an email response to NEXT, said: “We are not authorised to communicate with the press unless we have approval from the president of the board of governors.”

When NEXT asked her to pass the message to the president of the board, she promised to do so but then replied with another email, directing us to send our enquiry to the American Embassy in Abuja, revealing a hitherto unknown formal link to the American Embassy. The school is a private institution, and it is not clear if the American government is a shareholder in the enterprise, but Ms. Uzoewulu was clear in her response.

“Please forward your inquiry to Peter Claussen, Public Affairs, U.S. Embassy Abuja,” she wrote.

At press time, Mr. Claussen had not responsed to the email enquiry NEXT sent to him.

Voting centres

The federal government had announced that all primary and secondary schools in the country would be closed for over three weeks between January 7, 2011 and February 4, 2011 to allow for a more efficient voter’s registration exercise in the country.

It was revealed, however, that a number of private schools have successfully pressurised the government to allow them to open on Tuesday, January 18. It does not appear that a similar concession has been made for state-run schools. Investigations by NEXT showed that public school students were still earmarking January 31 for a return to school.

INEC’s decision

Kenneth Gbagi, minister of state for education, had stated that the original directive was to all public and private schools in Nigeria, adding that the move was initiated by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

“We acceded to the request of INEC,” he said. “INEC actually wrote a letter to us requesting that we shift the resumption date from 7th of January to 4th of February.”

The schools, he said, would be closed because many schools would be used as registration centres nationwide.

“We don’t want interference of our children with visitors in that critical period. You know the government and people of this country place a lot of premium on the issue of election and everything will be done to make sure we do not have excuse for Nigerians regarding that election. As a result, we have directed that all schools within the country, both private and public, remain closed. Resumption date will now be in February 2011,” he said.

Sanctions

Spokesperson for the ministry of education, Peter Obidiegwu, in a telephone interview, said that any school that disobeyed the resumption date directive was doing so at its own risk.

“That some are in session brings to light the fact that they have no regard for the law,” he said. “It doesn’t speak well of them as a diplomatic entity.”

Further investigations revealed that when another private school in Abuja, Regent Schools in Maitama, attempted to reopen on Monday, there was a swift directive from the ministry of education to the school to close or risk having its licence withdrawn.

However, one week after flouting the government’s order, it appears that no similar action has been taken against the American International School, Abuja.

@ beaf over to you.

please explain why our president's children are in school while their fellow citizens are languishing at home 

same stinkin' smell, different president
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by anonimi: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2011
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 9:16am On Jan 18, 2011
oyb:

@ beaf over to you.

please explain why our president's children are in school while their fellow citizens are languishing at home 

It is easy to realise that schools were closed more for security reasons than any other; better for them to "languish" at home (or whatever you call it) than be cut down in their childhood.
Quite a few private schools that aren't registration centres have reopened and there is nothing anybody can do about it. They are private schools and it isn't a dictatorship.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Jarus(m): 10:08am On Jan 18, 2011
Beaf and his friend, oyb. Hmmmnnn, I dey laugh o.
grin grin grin
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by justdtruth: 10:22am On Jan 18, 2011
i de laugh too o
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by rasputinn(m): 10:33am On Jan 18, 2011
oyb:

@ beaf over to you.

Beaf has nothing to explain,if the American school opts to not close for the registration,is it the president's fault?For your info,so many other private schools opted not to close,as a matter of fact,Gov Gbenga Daniel ordered all schools in Ogun state to remain opened.So kini big deal?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by rasputinn(m): 10:35am On Jan 18, 2011
Eretare:

Many persons can say what they will but as a supporter of GEJ, here is my own two pence.
1. Though he may not be the most flamboyant of persons, he has been able to achieve something that has been a rarity in Nigeria which is the eradication of fuel scarcity. We may have taken it for granted yet over the holiday season we can look back to the fact that we did not spend valuable hours in the petrol station.
2. He is disciplined. In contrast to Mallam Ribadu who thought that because he was in charge of the EFCC he was no longer part of the Nigerian Police force so refused his redeployment to his new area of assignment.
3. Ribadu is not corrupt yet he still manages to buy a house at the palms in Dubai. How does a government employee get so much money to buy such a property?
4. He was a strong voice of the anti-corruption crusade yet it can be argued that he targeted those whose politics did not rhyme with that of his boss. Despite all the noise from the pro-Ribadu camp, the anti-corruption crusade is still going strong and it is not going about its duties in an unlawful manner as it was under its previous leadership who flouted the law many times. Good intentions does not justify a wrong action.
5. He may appear slow but till date, GEJ has the record for the fastest strike resolution. Remember the ASUU and Labour strikes of November that were all resolved after only one day. If that is not a sign of effective leadership, i don't know what else is.
6. On the power issue, i don't see how privatisation of the power sector will make it any worse than it currently is. Workers may want to strike for the various reasons but to me the honest reason is that they are afraid that they'll have to work for their salaries.
For now, i rest my case.
Good points
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by johndoe200: 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
oyb:

@ beaf over to you.

Hahaha, Jesus it is amusing to see children trying to sound like adults. Do you have kids? I do, ALL the catholic schools are open, ALL the schools in OGUN state are open and have been for almost a week now.

You gotta love the internet.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Kobojunkie: 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^^ And that means all schools in Nigeria were open? Since when did Catholic schools and schools in Ogun make up all the schools in Nigeria, or are we missing something here? Why exactly did you feel this post of yours was relevant to this ?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2011
[size=18pt]
Gen. Buhari would be a secular president

Gen. Buhari's wife is a born again christian

He stamped out corruption and improved the economy .

Wise up people - corrupt people (including journalists) are petrified of the anti-corruption president that is Buhari, which is why they twisting the truth.

Buhari reduced inflation from 24% to 5% in just 1.5 year

Please educate yourselfs about Buhari's record and stop listening to agents of corrupt politician who want corruption to continue.[/size]
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by johndoe200: 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ And that means all schools in Nigeria were open? Since when did Catholic schools and schools in Ogun make up all the schools in Nigeria, or are we missing something here? Why exactly did you feel this post of yours was relevant to this ?

All the "good" schools are open. Yes you are missing something. Anyone who is a NIGERIAN (as I have told you before, a Nigerian is someone that LIVES IN NIGERIA) knows that schools have been open. When a child experiences Nigeria like you through the internet starts to speak on events on the ground they are always exposed as being ignorant of the REALITY.

Who cares if all the schools are open? Since when has it been the norm for ALL schools and students to have the same experience? Look I have told you before that you are a spectator, just cheer or boo as you see fit, but please don't try to pretend that you are involved. I do not pander to the diaspora, I think they should be more concerned with their leaders and leave us to ours.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2011
Arrant nonsense !

Please give your source / proof / evidence

Which Petroleum Fund was that?

So Shagari was an anti-corruption crusader?

Shagari was about to uncover? so  u mean he never actually uncovered it? so it remains a romour?

Finally Buhari never led the coup, he was appointed head of state after the coup as he was the most capable person at that time.
NewsMonste:

Well I support Buhari because he will not be controlled by any cabal, but it would not guarantee that he too would not enrich himself. After all, there was this issue of Petroleum Funds being traced to one account in London, which the Shagari government would have uncovered if not that Buhari-led coup that ousted him.

Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Jarus(m): 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2011

Arrant nonsense !

GenBuhari is warned to tone down.

Thanks,
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2011
johndoe200:

All the "good" schools are open. Yes you are missing something. Anyone who is a NIGERIAN (as I have told you before, a Nigerian is someone that LIVES IN NIGERIA) knows that schools have been open. When a child experiences Nigeria like you through the internet starts to speak on events on the ground they are always exposed as being ignorant of the REALITY.

From your own posts, it is easy to conclude that you have now resorted to lying so you can claim more excuses for your side in this.

Did you bother reading your previous post before this retort?

johndoe200:

Who cares if all the schools are open? Since when has it been the norm for ALL schools and students to have the same experience? Look I have told you before that you are a spectator, just cheer or boo as you see fit, but please don't try to pretend that you are involved. I do not pander to the diaspora, I think they should be more concerned with their leaders and leave us to ours.

People care if the schools are open. When a call comes from the high authorities that people INCONVENIENCE themselves in this way, they like to know that they are not being played for fools. Many of these parents have no babysitters to look after there kids and many have had to spend more as a result of the closure believing it is for the greater good. When they find out that even those calling for this break in their schedule do not respect their own ordinances, it is signs that these leaders do not respect them.

Either you are really ignorant or you are desperately trying to win one for team Goodluck here. What the heck? If you need me to be a spectator for you, at least endeavor to come up with more intelligent rebuttals than the trash you keep posting just cause you DESPERATELY want to win a brownie point for team GOODLUCK, which I think is absurd!
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Jbenue: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
I actually hope Ribadu wins for the sake of change, this country has been at the mercy of the "BIGGEST PARTY IN AFRICA" AKA PDP for 11 years. That s is 4015 days( leap years not accounted for) i ask you what have they done in that 11 years, is an average child of age 11 suitable educated and does he/she have tangible prospects for the future? that is the question you have to ask yourselves people. As for GEJ, what has he done since his high of dissolving the FEC? He has promised much like getting power and the voter registration sorted as of today the status quo is unchanged. Why would anybody of sound mind ever vote for PDP again? ARE Nigerians that inane? If you took a gun an shot yourself in the foot and after experiencing the anguish would you shoot the other foot? c'mon ppl do yourselves a favour and get rid of the cancer that has been killing us slowly 4 the past 11 years. Up Ribadu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Kilode1: 5:38pm On Jan 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

People care if the schools are open. When a call comes from the high authorities that people INCONVENIENCE themselves in this way, they like to know that they are not being played for fools. Many of these parents have no babysitters to look after there kids and many have had to spend more as a result of the closure believing it is for the greater good. When they find out that even those calling for this break in their schedule do not respect their own ordinances, it is signs that these leaders do not respect them.

Either you are really ignorant or you are desperately trying to win one for team Goodluck here. What the heck? If you need me to be a spectator for you, at least endeavor to come up with more intelligent rebuttals than the trash you keep posting just cause you DESPERATELY want to win a brownie point for team GOODLUCK, which I think is absurd!

I don't do this often, ~except for Aare Becomrich~ so enjoy it;  cool

This is one of your better posts. Well said Kobo! very well said!
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by debosky(m): 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
Beaf:

If the above were to be the case, then the man wouldn't even have been arrested in the first place.

Is this a joke?

GEJ had no personal interest in the case initially - he was arrested after a Fracas in Oyo state. Once the Federal legislators (Folarin's peers) in the PDP indicated that they would not support GEJ if their man remained locked up, he swiftly ordered his release.

How can we trust a man who is so desperate to win that he will do ANYTHING to get support? Where are his principles?

What will he sacrifice to garner support next? There are already allegations that the 'last minute' distribution of a billion dollars on the 31st was aimed at buying governors over, what other sacrifices is this man willing to make to actualise his ambition?

A man willing to overlook murder so casually to win, committing murder to go ahead might not be beyond him either.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by debosky(m): 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

if this spells chaos and impeachments, I say bring it on cause I don't believe what we have now is working for us anyhow. Plus, if we continue with current trend, we may find ourselves at the mercy of godfathers(low class numbskulls/agberos with power) on each side and that is definitely not where we want this democracy heading.

Impeachments completely stop the wheels of government turning - being in a state of perpetual battling between the executive and legislature will not produce a useful outcome as things currently stand - the examples are on the ground to see.

You will still be at the mercy of the so called godfathers, who will fight proxy wars using their minions.

Secondly, wasn't the 2007 PDP primary democratic? Apart from the zoning quagmire, I believe the delegates did vote for the nomination to be handed to Yar adua. Why are we suddenly pretending something new happened this time around?

How can the PDP primaries in which EFCC was actively used to armtwist people out of the contest and boards of inquiry formed overnight to produce 'indictments' againt opponents ever be called democratic? How can a candidate foisted on the PDP (Yar'adua) ever be called the product of a democratic primaries? Refresh your memory - there are countless protests that followed the last primaries.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
debosky:

Is this a joke?

GEJ had no personal interest in the case initially - he was arrested after a Fracas in Oyo state. Once the Federal legislators (Folarin's peers) in the PDP indicated that they would not support GEJ if their man remained locked up, he swiftly ordered his release.

How can we trust a man who is so desperate to win that he will do ANYTHING to get support? Where are his principles?

What will he sacrifice to garner support next? There are already allegations that the 'last minute' distribution of a billion dollars on the 31st was aimed at buying governors over, what other sacrifices is this man willing to make to actualise his ambition?

A man willing to overlook murder so casually to win, committing murder to go ahead might not be beyond him either.

Nah, you'll find its just one of the usual rumours. Folarin is still very much on trial in Ogun state. A lot of funny business went on to scuttle the PDP primaries, the PDP chair was even sacked only today for some of those intrigues, I would be patient for things to further unravel before making the sort of comments you left above.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Mazeepac(m): 10:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
Honestly i think there is going to be too many sacred cows in gej goverment he's been surrounded and supported by the same set of criminals who  made the nation what it is today,as far as gej is concern is going to be business as usual. Just look at the chaos in oyo state and no is checking akala's excesses all because he has promised to deliver his in the next election the same goes for ogun state.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by cjfavour(m): 11:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
BEAF i have something to tell you. GEJ have had the chance to be tested and he failed. If schools are closed for security reason why allow the school his children are attending to be open? Won't they be cut down at their prime too? 2. For you to have the fear that people will be killed in an election while your principal is the chief security officer of the country is an indictment on him. Simple he cannot secure the country.You indicted him by your self.
3, You made this comment:Gbawe's comment about corruption being Nigeria's main problem is completely wrong and displays a fundamental lack of understanding of the Nigerian fabric, but going further to build his candidates profile around that is almost hilarious.
I will make a very bold and assertive correction; corruption is simply a by product of Nigeria's deeper problems. It takes a lot of understanding and deep thought to discern that the government structure of Nigeria was deliberately tailored by the cabal in such a way that ethnic bigotry, religious bigotry and corruption flourish, all for their financial benefit. Nigeria's biggest issue is our national architecture, this is something GEJ understands perfectly and in his usual quiet way, has begun tackling.
True federalism below the surface, will ensure accountability and the demise of corruption and ethnic bigotry. Jonathans govt is planting the seeds.

simple you are lying simply because you know that the party of your principal is highly corrupt and filled with corrupt men. So they have chose to deny that corruption is the disease destroying Nigeria. If corruption is rooted out, i tell you Nigeria will be great. Go to China and see how they're fighting corruption. Everybody there is afraid of being caught. but here, the PDP member are having a field day.

GEJ have lost the chance to be a great leader by turning a deaf ear to the corrupt men in his party.and for not trying to make a difference. let us try another person please.
Some of the contestants have been tested and are trusted to be against corruption. We want them.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by johndoe200: 12:09am On Jan 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I know you like to argue about things you know very little about (we still have petrol shortages and ques every week right?) and I am sure many people with sympathize with what you posted because it appears to be reasonable on the surface, but you still haven't answered my question. Since when has it been the norm for ALL schools and students to have the same experience?

The good private schools are all open.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Gbawe: 12:13am On Jan 19, 2011
cjfavour:

simple you are lying simply because you know that the party of your principal is highly corrupt and filled with corrupt men. So they have chose to deny that corruption is the disease destroying Nigeria. If corruption is rooted out, i tell you Nigeria will be great. Go to China and see how they're fighting corruption. Everybody there is afraid of being caught. but here, the PDP member are having a field day.

GEJ have lost the chance to be a great leader by turning a deaf ear to the corrupt men in his party.and for not trying to make a difference. let us try another person please.
Some of the contestants have been tested and are trusted to be against corruption. We want them.

Excellent observation. Supporters of Jonathan know , beyond doubt, that he will score low in the minds of Nigerians as per ability to fight corruption. He is surrounded by corruption, highly profligate and the new poster child of the corrupt establishment that needs a continously deceptive facade , callously reinventing itself by exploiting the mood of the day and the current angst of Nigerians , to retain control of Nigeria by proxy.

Therefore they , the fans of Jonathan , have come up with a new plan : belittle the influence of corruption and rubbish the need to fight it robustly in regards to our current predicament. This , according to their thinking, earns Jonathan a little reprieve to discountenance how he is "dead on arrival" in regards to the war against what is fundamentally destroying Nigeria - corruption.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by johndoe200: 12:20am On Jan 19, 2011
@kobojunket

This is the position on the Presidents children:

The school in question is owned by the American Government and is an extension of the American Embassy in Nigeria (and as such is seen as American territory). Therefore, pronouncements made by the Nigerian Government and people do not affect it or its academic calendar.

It is with a deep sense of regret that whatever Nigerian big-man's children that attend the school do so during the voter registration exercise as they are under American jurisdiction and cannot afford to miss classes which will not be rescheduled as is the case with their counterparts in public and Nigerian-owned private schools.

Let me assure you that the Federal Government of Nigeria can be trusted to respect the Nigerian constitution as well as International law as at when due.

As an American, don't you think you should support YOUR COUNTRIES RIGHT TO YOUR DIPLOMATIC TERRITORY?
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by fstranger1: 12:23am On Jan 19, 2011
johndoe200:

@kobojunket

This is the position on the Presidents children:

T[b]he school in question is owned by the American Government and is an extension of the American Embassy in Nigeria (and as such is seen as American territory). Therefore, pronouncements made by the Nigerian Government and people do not affect it or its academic calendar.[/b]

It is with a deep sense of regret that whatever Nigerian big-man's children that attend the school do so during the voter registration exercise as they are under American jurisdiction and cannot afford to miss classes which will not be rescheduled as is the case with their counterparts in public and Nigerian-owned private schools.

Let me assure you that the Federal Government of Nigeria can be trusted to respect the Nigerian constitution as well as International law as at when due.

As an American, don't you think you should support YOUR COUNTRIES RIGHT TO YOUR DIPLOMATIC TERRITORY?

Olodo
Stop lying!

The American International School of Abuja is a private, independent, international day school with a strong commitment to providing a nurturing learning environment for all students
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 12:25am On Jan 19, 2011
cjfavour:

BEAF i have something to tell you. GEJ have had the chance to be tested and he failed. If schools are closed for security reason why allow the school his children are attending to be open? Won't they be cut down at their prime too? 2. For you to have the fear that people will be killed in an election while your principal is the chief security officer of the country is an indictment on him. Simple he cannot secure the country.You indicted him by your self.
3, You made this comment:Gbawe's comment about corruption being Nigeria's main problem is completely wrong and displays a fundamental lack of understanding of the Nigerian fabric, but going further to build his candidates profile around that is almost hilarious.
I will make a very bold and assertive correction; corruption is simply a by product of Nigeria's deeper problems. It takes a lot of understanding and deep thought to discern that the government structure of Nigeria was deliberately tailored by the cabal in such a way that ethnic bigotry, religious bigotry and corruption flourish, all for their financial benefit. Nigeria's biggest issue is our national architecture, this is something GEJ understands perfectly and in his usual quiet way, has begun tackling.
True federalism below the surface, will ensure accountability and the demise of corruption and ethnic bigotry. Jonathans govt is planting the seeds.

Dude, you've got to screw your head on before abusing me. I do not take kindly to being called a liar, not based on fact, but simply because you have a different argument. That is simply uncouth.

I will only reply to your numbers one two, because number three is an incredibly confused mixture of my words and yours. My friend, there is a quote button that requires minimal intelligence to use, please learn to use it, don't mix my words with yours.

For number 1. How about private schools which are not registration areas cannot be targets for violence targetted at registrations? There are no DDC machines to steal, no opponents to intimidate etc; they are simply not threatened. If their owners decide to open its their call. In fact, as someone pointed out, the Ogun state govt ordered all its schools open and they have been open for a week now. In fact, there are private (and public) schools open all over the country, so why should the American school cause you unusual levels of pain?

As for GEJ being the chief security officer, do you think that includes standing by your every bed in the nation with a cutlass? Perhaps you were on Pluto when bombs went off and killed the innocent.

Please, look for reasonable points ask people. Unnecessary rudeness makes you look rather agricultural.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 12:42am On Jan 19, 2011
Gbawe:

Excellent observation. Supporters of Jonathan know , beyond doubt, that he will score low in the minds of Nigerians as per ability to fight corruption. He is surrounded by corruption, highly profligate and the new poster child of the corrupt establishment that needs a continously deceptive facade , callously exploiting the mood of the day and the current angst of Nigerians , to retain control of Nigeria by proxy.

Therefore they , the fans of Jonathan , have come up with a new plan : belittle the influence of corruption and rubbish the need to fight it robustly in regards to our current predicament. This , according to their thinking, earns Jonathan a little reprieve to discountenance how he is "dead on arrival" in regards to the war against what is fundamentally destroying Nigeria - corruption.

Hmmmmmmmm! The PDP is not without its problems, but I wouldn't have thought ACN stalwarts would refer to anyone as corrupt! Wonders!
It is strange that while the PDP is reforming, already rotten parties like ACN are reaching new explosive highs of putrefaction.

While the PDP held impeccably transparent primaries, ACN slithered out with what they termed, a "consensus" candidate. And the criminal concessions didn't end there either; there was an inheritance of the people sweat for every Tinubu extended family member and family friend. Senate, ministerial, House of rep, LG and other positions were simply nodded into grubby manipulated palms by the drug baron led ACN.

PDP is cleaning up its act and reforming to deliver a new Nigeria under GEJ, where is ACN going? They are totally lost:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/139268_BolaTinubuHeroinforfeiture_jpgb084d334c74cec7150ee9588a3aed2fc
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by cjfavour(m): 12:51am On Jan 19, 2011
BEAF, for all i know idi not insult you . I only said that you lied. ok if you are [pissed about that i apologise but you don't have to insult me too.

On the number 1 question you answered i did not get you well.pls reply again. on 2, i did not expect him to carry cutlass and stand beside my bed,no but i expected him to equip the police well with mordern weapons and gadgets,retrain them and make sure that they don't get involve in politics. I expected him to improve  electricity  in nigeria so that it will be attractive to investors.I expected him to do something about the level of unemployment in nigeria so that crime will be reduced. I expected him to do something about our economy and not sending Aganga to be threatening people about discuss economy during campaign (which is purile) I expected him to appoint men and women of timber and caliber just like OBJ did and not the likes of Aganga. I expected more form him because he is my brother and i wanted him to do well but he've disappointed us.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by fstranger1: 12:58am On Jan 19, 2011
johndoe200:

Ode!

The school was started by US Embassy officials for their children, and is considered to be part of the American Embassy.

Nanamu

The school was started by concerned private citizens of Nigeria, in conjunction with some officials of the US Embassy.

Stop peddling lies. It doesnt look good. Honesty is the better policy.

How many people work in the US Embassy. And, how sustainable is it if it was being patronized by US embassy officials alone?

However way you want to spin it, it is a Nigerian owned entity!. The Nigerian parents who own the school just so happen to prefer US style education to Nigeria's

Tak your bad belle to your village

Onye ochi, onye ara, onye your armpit too!
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by Beaf: 1:03am On Jan 19, 2011
cjfavour:

BEAF, for all i know idi not insult you . I only said that you lied. ok if you are [pissed about that i apologise but you don't have to insult me too.

On the number 1 question you answered i did not get you well.pls reply again. on 2, i did not expect him to carry cutlass and stand beside my bed,no but i expected him to equip the police well with mordern weapons and gadgets,retrain them and make sure that they don't get involve in politics. I expected him to improve  electricity  in nigeria so that it will be attractive to investors.I expected him to do something about the level of unemployment in nigeria so that crime will be reduced. I expected him to do something about our economy and not sending Aganga to be threatening people about discuss economy during campaign (which is purile) I expected him to appoint men and women of timber and caliber just like OBJ did and not the likes of Aganga. I expected more form him because he is my brother and i wanted him to do well but he've disappointed us.

Maybe you do not realise it is a grave insult to accuse anybody of lying, why not accuse me of stealing too?

As for all the things you want within a nine month period, you are living in dreamland. How can a mere mortal not only re-equip the police, but also retrain them in a mere 9 months in office? Take a sober read of all the things you demand be done in a mere 9 months and then sit down and weep, because you really do not understand how the World works.
Trowe dat tin you are drinking jare, it is disturbing you!

Even if Aso Rock was in Okija shrine, your list would not be possible.
Re: Presidential Debate - Battle Of The Campaigners by cjfavour(m): 1:09am On Jan 19, 2011
GBAWE;Hmmmmmmmm! The PDP is not without its problems, but I wouldn't have thought ACN stalwarts would refer to anyone as corrupt! Wonders!
It is strange that while the PDP is reforming, already rotten parties like ACN are reaching new explosive highs of putrefaction.

While the PDP held impeccably transparent primaries, ACN slithered out with what they termed, a "consensus" candidate. And the criminal concessions didn't end there either; there was an inheritance of the people sweat for every Tinubu extended family member and family friend. Senate, ministerial, House of rep, LG and other positions were simply nodded into grubby manipulated palms by the drug baron led ACN.

PDP is cleaning up its act and reforming to deliver a new Nigeria under GEJ, where is ACN going? They are totally lost:

This is laughable. If ACN is already rotten then PDP have been smelling for a long time. PDP reforming? says who? What type of secret ballot did PDP formulated and used during their primaries? A secret ballot where you will know the states that voted for the president and those that did not? The type that will allow the president to know who voted for him by seriallizing the voters and there cards during accreditation? Who is fooling who? PDP can never fool or deceive me.Why didn't they use the method they were using during OBJ regime? Who is afraid of who?impeccably transparent primaries my foot.Who started concensus politics in Nigeria ? PDP.You PDP guys are funny. Nigeria have outgrown all PDP's gimmicks but they have failed to understand that.
I am not saying that GEJ will not win the election, he will. As can be seen even in the on going voters registration. The wuru wuruu have started. Jega went to Bayelsa to register the president.Hahahahahahahahaha. He will win but it must be through rigging. My prayer is that you people should make it look a little real.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

National Officers Ask Metuh, Secondus To Step Down / Only Nigerians Can Decide Igbo Presidency — Atiku / Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.