Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa (24737 Views)

Cross River PDP Receives 5,000 APC Returnees From One Senatorial District / LASG Gives N20,000 Each To 2nd Batch Of 315 Returnees From South Africa / Labour Cancels Planned Strike In Ondo As Governor Pays Six-month Arrears. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Ferdinandu(m): 6:02am On May 17, 2020
It is the Government that is supposed to be paying for this Quarantaine nonsense in the first place. I don't know when the shamelessness of this country will stop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Aurelius1(m): 6:06am On May 17, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
God bless you sir. Even if they are all from the South East.

They remain your sons and brothers. I just hope that Igbos will appreciate this kind gesture.

You be real confirmed zombie. Where was it stated that they are from the east. What's the point of bringing tribe and region into this?
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Snaagg(m): 6:08am On May 17, 2020
Marshalemmy:
That's very kind of the governor

What's 'kind' about it? That's his bloody job! angry

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by tfelicityk(m): 6:13am On May 17, 2020
Why can't the presidency pay for all the returnees?

Someone among the elites in Nation is making money from this
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Honor10: 6:45am On May 17, 2020
brownemmanuel43:
Before nko, why won't he pay, after cashing out in billions. Another way of telling lagosians on how he spent the billions been given to him. So far, sanwo is the richest governor

U shud learn to close ur mouth, so u will stop disgracing ur parents.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2020
Honor10:

U shud learn to close ur mouth, so u will stop disgracing ur parents.
I hate to sound this way, but I'm sorry I don't reply to people that has never stepped their foot outside the brown roof, So bro keep mentioning me
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Honor10: 7:03am On May 17, 2020
brownemmanuel43:

I hate to sound this way, but I'm sorry I don't reply to people that has never stepped their foot outside the brown roof, So bro keep mentioning me

u dont even know my location presently. Use ur head
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by tbaby4u(f): 7:12am On May 17, 2020
[quote author=cnonyechi post=89630559][/quote]

Keep quiet pls. Does government thank us when we pay tax? So, what's d big deal in quarantining them? Not even up to 100 of them compared to all the BILLIONS Lagos state received as Covid funds. Did they share parliatives to 30% of Lagosians? No, so what have they done with all d billions in their care?
Nigerians do not know their rights. Other Countries pay their citizens to stay at home, here no payment, no benefit as a citizen of this country n yet u thank him for doing his job? Arant nonsense!
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by brownemmanuel43(m): 7:20am On May 17, 2020
Honor10:

u dont even know my location presently. Use ur head
I know bro, were u not the guy begging for airtel recharge card sometime. When fela sang "suffering and smiling" he only sang it bcs of people around him. I hate to sound this way, Yorubas are just fond of that, note I have a lot of them as friends both the muslim, Traditionalist and Christians among them.
U just registered with account just last all bcs of change, now u hv eaten the change, what else for u. Bro, go and get a life, I roll with people with life not lifeless people with lifeless man as president and tom boy as VP. Ever since u guys voted in this useless govt, hv u gain anything, only hunger, frustration etc just name it. Like I said before, I have some of your brothers as friends. I have seen that your case if face song
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by marvin906(m): 7:31am On May 17, 2020
cuteboy2:

Abike Dabiri's Diaspora Directorate and External Affairs issues are under the control of Buhari's Federal Govt, why should they wait for a state government to come and bail them out?

I read somewhere that Minister for Health is asking repatriated Nigerians to pay for the cost of their quarantine. No other nation on earth does that during this pandemic

did you just say no nation is doing that..
guy if you don't know something don't assume

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by eneyoduke(m): 7:37am On May 17, 2020
Yet the whole FG are crying for lack of sources
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by chimeremodlyn: 7:51am On May 17, 2020
Please, is this news. Why are they telling us. Abi na me wan pay am before. Is that not what d monies donated to Lagos state was meant for
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by spoilerx: 7:54am On May 17, 2020
His personal cash abi government money ?
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by tinsel: 8:01am On May 17, 2020
Biafranguy1:
If he no py na me go pay. Shhh angry
These peolple also include people from other states.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by cnonyechi(f): 8:05am On May 17, 2020
tbaby4u:

Keep quiet pls. Does government thank us when we pay tax? So, what's d big deal in quarantining them? Not even up to 100 of them compared to all the BILLIONS Lagos state received as Covid funds. Did they share parliatives to 30% of Lagosians? No, so what have they done with all d billions in their care?
Nigerians do not know their rights. Other Countries pay their citizens to stay at home, here no payment, no benefit as a citizen of this country n yet u thank him for doing his job? Arant nonsense!

You that know your right, how come you haven't sued the government for not giving you parliative. Happy Sunday biko. Igbo amaka.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by cnonyechi(f): 8:06am On May 17, 2020
obataokenwa:
@cnonyechi....Talk with sense

Ok tnks for d advice.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Nobody: 8:07am On May 17, 2020
That was thoughtful and intelligent. Not the kind of sense we see operating from Aso rock.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Sososo(f): 8:10am On May 17, 2020
Keep it up
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Honor10: 8:22am On May 17, 2020
brownemmanuel43:

I know bro, were u not the guy begging for airtel recharge card sometime. When fela sang "suffering and smiling" he only sang it bcs of people around him. I hate to sound this way, Yorubas are just fond of that, note I have a lot of them as friends both the muslim, Traditionalist and Christians among them.
U just registered with account just last all bcs of change, now u hv eaten the change, what else for u. Bro, go and get a life, I roll with people with life not lifeless people with lifeless man as president and tom boy as VP. Ever since u guys voted in this useless govt, hv u gain anything, only hunger, frustration etc just name it. Like I said before, I have some of your brothers as friends. I have seen that your case if face song

Ur brain must av been damage, is like u are mistaking me for ur brother, show me the post wia I am begging for recharge card or Thunder will fire u this morning.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by opportunities12(m): 8:30am On May 17, 2020
STREETSAN:
Nothing special. It's tax payers money to start with
As if he pays Tax. People like you will be the first to cry foul if the heading reads Lagos state reject plea of returnee for assistance
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:58am On May 17, 2020
Honor10:

Ur brain must av been damage, is like u are mistaking me for ur brother, show me the post wia I am begging for recharge card or Thunder will fire u this morning.
Calm down, u see my problem with some Yoruba they can curse from now till eternity. See, let's just forget it bcs I know we all HV begged one time in our life, but begging for recharge card bcs buhari won an election. Just jump and pass, I will not show anything bcs I hate disgracing my fellow man.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by tbaby4u(f): 9:36am On May 17, 2020
cnonyechi:

You that know your right, how come you haven't sued the government for not giving you parliative. Happy Sunday biko. Igbo amaka.

Because I do not need it. I only spoke on behalf of those who truly needs it
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by STREETSAN(m): 9:46am On May 17, 2020
opportunities12:
As if he pays Tax. People like you will be the first to cry foul if the heading reads Lagos state reject plea of returnee for assistance

Do you? Regardless. It's not from his salary
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by stunning4real: 9:53am On May 17, 2020
Slynation:
Hmmm... Never knew people pay to quarantine shaah
yes, because they lodged them in an hotel. Hotel owner has to get his/her money. Got it?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by olazy6(m): 11:35am On May 17, 2020
Nice one Mr. Governor
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by MCIU: 11:45am On May 17, 2020
Melezenawii:
Why some Governors are blocking their own citizens from entering their States. Lagos is now responsible for other states inactions for their own people . What do you get back from the gesture? They will iditarod for abuses and chest beating .

Some ignominious ignoramus COVIDIOTS will even have the audacity to say God is cursing and punishing SW with COVID 19 , knowing fully well majority of people bringing the disease to Lagos and being quarantined Mega Churches In United States are their brothers and sisters .

When you check , the list of Donors, alas, they were found wanting save original Northern and Western Regions.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by luluman: 12:16pm On May 17, 2020
Temithorpe28:
God bless lagos state
Not complete: GOD BLESS SANWO OLU, GOD BLESS LAGOS,GOD BLESS OODUA.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by luluman: 12:17pm On May 17, 2020
STREETSAN:
Nothing special. It's tax payers money to start with
Igbo don come o.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by luluman: 12:19pm On May 17, 2020
afroniger:
Very good. They should also remember those stranded in S.A. Stranded Nigerians are running out of money abroad o.
Let Ipob pay for those ones na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo, South-West Governors Visit Bisi Akande Over The Death Of His Wife / 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted / 2023: Why Buhari May Never Support Tinubu, Osinbajo’s Candidacy - Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.