Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win (11730 Views)

EFCC Petitioned Over Jonathan Illegal N67.2billion Withdrawal From CBN-sahara / TAN Leader, Ifeanyi Ubah, Weeps Over Jonathan's Loss / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by swaggrbabe: 11:13am On Jan 19, 2011
stupid Almajiri's begging for food on the road.if u give them five Niara they will start rioting.don't they ever think that this imams and alhajis children are not among u guys, they send u guys out there to died for noting, abi jihad no be for all of Una.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by scorpion1: 11:15am On Jan 19, 2011
Gos is at work. My permutations are coming to past. Let them vex very well and vote for Buhari.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Ojumiii(m): 11:28am On Jan 19, 2011
I am beginning to believe that their religion sanctions stealing.

Read that again and see if that should come out of a right thinking person?
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by lakode(m): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2011
Firstly ,lets look beyond thier naviety ;Now have we asked ourselves why the idea of zoining was put foward, are we right to change this  .hmm , ok my view ;The fact remains that in country as heterogeneous(in tribe) as Nigeria , it is to the benefit of peace and sanity for such idea , moreso if  we reject   the idea of zoining now have you guys try to ask yourselves what will happen in the next 4 yrs( I mean nxt election) , then it will be big confusion , as it is since stable democracy we had South doing two terms and North with a truncated first term so , hmm what will happen in next 4 yrs(Lack of foresight)  .
 As much as I also don't support Atiku , the power of incumbency and stay in power by all cost  being exhibited by GEJ also disqualifies him , If PDP is really a sincere party why not invite a Northerner that is perceive more capable by the masses, if they call on someone like Ribadu or even one of the Northern Governors  wont that be more fair
Lastly , I remember once we were all against OBJ going for three terms , I will point out with GEJ running its like OBJ going for his 4th term , If most of you despise Atiku(like I also do ) , then you should despise OBJ and you should also be against the idea of GEJ . Even looking at other Major parties they are choosing Northerners( Cos they are sincere and they know what is right)

NIGERIANS FORGET THINGS SO FAST AND DONT LOOK AHEAD WELL ENOUGH , INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR A RIGHT LEADER WE GOING TO VOTE SOME GOOD-LUCK , GOD SAVE NIGERIA
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by segunjowo(m): 11:37am On Jan 19, 2011
Let them kill themselves.
At the end, the remnants will come round to the tables.
Then we'll discuss to seperate and go our ways,
As it is being done currently in Sudan.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by redsun(m): 11:42am On Jan 19, 2011
Nigeria has reached its inevitable end,having survived for so long being toyed around by fools.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by phantom23: 11:51am On Jan 19, 2011
For as long as there is a divide between the North and the South , Christian and Muslim, Zoning, etc, then there is a problem with Nigeria.
This is the root cause of every other problem in Nigeria.
A day would come, when a little boy from the anywhere in the country, whether south, north, east or west, can proudly say i'm aiming to become the president of Nigeria without any uprising form other political or geopolitical zones, and would get there. that day is when we have a sincere and ONE NIgeria.
Aside that, sorry, Nigeria is just a F**king joke!!!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by phantom23: 11:57am On Jan 19, 2011
Lakode, I'm sorry but you are suffering from shortsightedness. Why can't my son wake up one day and dream of becoming a president? Why can't another child in the north wake up and say I dream of becoming the President, and another from south, east, or west, or however you zone it. That is true democracy. Zoning is crap. It's just a truce reached by this same PDP to keep power circulated among the high and lofty politicians in the country. As far as I'm concerned, He who has the right credentials should get there. North, south, east or west.!!!!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by 190: 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2011
why kant Nigeria simply break up and leave these touts in the north on their own

why!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by geebee007: 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2011
Useless people, but it's not their fault . What good is to be expected from the followers of a useless, foolish and shameless leader anyway. They shld all berra go and sit there asses somewhere or find jobs to do, if not, they all just pai for nothing,
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by NARIS(m): 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Kalu Akanu
They ain't going nowhere!

[size=14pt]Sai wan Naijeria! [/size]  cool

the worst thing is that at the end of it all, the Igbos in  the north will be the once to surfer it.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Dave6: 12:27pm On Jan 19, 2011
I've been in Kd for some weeks and I didn't see or hear of any protest or disturbance.
Speaking of texts, the ones I've seen or received are those of congratulatory messages for the PDP candidates and their requests for support.
Where's all these sort of news claiming havoc originating from? We need to seriously scrutinize our news/information agencies to avoid unnecessary problems. Any source claiming there are riots in Kd (at least) is just being sympathetic with Atiku.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by charlesxpe: 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2011
This Northerners suck a lot. Lets face reality here, who told them that to rule Nigeria is their birth right? Every single election we conduct in this country always have the North complaining. Take a look at this years election, apart from PDP that has a southerner as its candidate, all other parties are fielding a Northerner as their candidate, is it not embarrassing? I'm not a Yoruba but I like their conduct of political matters, why dont u see them burning ogun state or osun state cos they didnt get d ticket?
At times what Ghadaffi said seems true that d best soln for Nigeria is to split up cos d northerners are so desperate for the resources that they dont have but yet want to steal.

A word for the Northerners: Stay clear of our oil, u guys are just a bunch of greedy fellas dat dont want a united nigeria.
During the Groundnut pyramid era in the north, the proceeds were used to build ABU zaria, they never shared d proceeds with any other region of d country
The Westerners under d cocoa boom provided free education for their indigenes.
Now with the oil boom in the southern part of d country, d Northerners have always had a way of trying to steal this resources, hence PTDF was formed and a hausa man was d head (Buhari) imagine undecided and the proceeds was used to build good roads in the northern part of d country, no wonder d north has d best roads in d country, and they r not yet tired, they want to steal more thats why they are so power drunk.

Let they know that 1 igbo brother is equivalent to 3 stubborn almanjiri so they should be warned
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by DeSheikh(m): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2011
@Kcswat22
The best option is to divide this useless country let d north has its own president,the west n the east. Rem the US is trainin many igbos in there army for 2015 in case if d 2015 referandum failed. Lets divide this useless country they the north can vote whom they like. Simple

Just when I thought the Imam was ranting out his fantasies, the bolded part in ur post has confirmed his claims of what some elements in the south are planning with backing from the west.

wind don blow,
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Mehiedu(m): 12:38pm On Jan 19, 2011
Politics should not be a DO or DIE affair.if some lost he should go back to d drawing board and plan 4 the future,y would these people go out protesting GEJ*s victoey at the primaries.is not their birth rite to continuously rule this country,they should be educated.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by lakode(m): 12:38pm On Jan 19, 2011
phantom23 see the fact is Nigeria isn't a democracy to compare with that in the western world , yes your child can wake and want to be a President why not , but in this case the PDP already made this agreement and in the case of Nigeria we are a  massive  country that has over 100 tribes(counting the sub tribes), and you see if we refuse to zone then their will always be problem, as we all know some tribes in the country have more capable Technocrat , I.e if you refuse Zoning then probably most Nigerian President will come from the SW(arguably the part of the country with  most intellects ) , so will that be fair,, You guys cant compare the Politics in USA or some other country to Nigeria , even before now we all know its the turn of the North , like in 1999 when OBJ was contesting it was a all south-west  affair . I am not saying GEJ cant be president but its not just right time(or maybe he could contest under another party) , plus try and assume a situation Yaradua didn't die will there be this argument hmmmm,, all I ask for is fair play simple
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by yabadabado: 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2011
ZONING is not a joke ma broda. am from the south and i believe it can be an acceptable policy if it is broken down to involve the 8 zones in nigeria , south-south,north west, south east , etc and within each zone, the president must have the credentials/quality that can compare positvely to the credentials of the leaders of the great nations like america etc. when a zone can't provide these, then , they lose their turn.
Again , every president elected must have more federal impacts/project in other zones except his own, the governors in his zone can come up with projects and impact with his support to cover for him/her.

[i am from the southern part of nigeria] if the truth is to be told, the south is only dealing the drama for 4 years and people are fighting as if jo will be there forever,  what if a fool wins in 4 years time tru jo and changes all the good effects you all are expecting jo to perform ?

i believe that jo is not an honourable man becos he has broken an obvious agreement that exist within his party, this means he can do the same to other tribes within the southern part of the country and other tribes within delta and bayelsa state.   this is not a christian presido VS muslim presido thing pple ! if almagiri are uneducated for them to behave like they do , why are educated nigerian not so different.  me tinks THE BEST PRESIDENT NIGERIA NEEDS DID NOT WIN ANY PRIMARY THIS YEARS SO, RIBADU WILL DO 4 D NEXT 4YEARS
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by NARIS(m): 12:43pm On Jan 19, 2011
charlesxpe:

I'm not a Yoruba but I like their conduct of political matters, why dont u see them burning ogun state or osun state cos they didnt get d ticket?

Because they are educated and civilized. They will never engage in such thing, also, the Yorubas both Muslims and Christians love their selves and will never involved themselves in such useless act.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 19, 2011
190:

why kant Nigeria simply break up and leave these touts in the north on their own

why!

so you dont percieve what is going to happen! You remember few weeks ago the IJAWS threat to embark in war if jonathan didnt win so now the northerners are creating the opportunity which the biafrans will use and reconcile with the niger delta force(imagine biafran soldiers of late 60s with the niger d militant of early 2000s)then face the north in which outside world will now support the south cos the govt power is at their hand 4 now.After the war maybe there wont be break up but a confederal system of govt and ThERE WILL NEVER BE A REGION,ETHNIC OR RELIGION CRISIS AGAIN IN THE NEW UNITED REGION OF NIGERIA >URN (new name).
The problem is that blood will flow and also the Yorubas ? Really confuse of whom to join in the fight cause they are always scared but wont have any other alternative than to join the people in power(GOODLUCK) as they did in late 60s.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Abdhoul: 12:53pm On Jan 19, 2011
Make una no mind dos funky malams wey dey use d name of religion 2 tak cause problem 4 we country.na brainwash dem de brainwash dos almajiri head wey dey north.notin dem sabi pas Tuwo n dea green soup jo.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by sexybills: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2011
why are the angry at least it was to said to be free and fair and besides the Northern delegates voted for GEJ so why the complain
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Mobinga: 1:04pm On Jan 19, 2011
Till the south has a strong and large military. All ya'll saying Biafra/Secession should shut up.

Read about the Nigerian Blockade, pricks.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Hodaya(m): 1:04pm On Jan 19, 2011
Toaskarity:

so you dont percieve what is going to happen! You remember few weeks ago the IJAWS threat to embark in war if jonathan didnt win so now the northerners are creating the opportunity which the biafrans will use and reconcile with the niger delta force(imagine biafran soldiers of late 60s with the niger d militant of early 2000s)then face the north in which outside world will now support the south cos the govt power is at their hand 4 now.After the war maybe there wont be break up but a confederal system of govt and ThERE WILL NEVER BE A REGION,ETHNIC OR RELIGION CRISIS AGAIN IN THE NEW UNITED REGION OF NIGERIA >URN (new name).
The problem is that blood will flow and also the Yorubas ? Really confuse of whom to join in the fight cause they are always scared but wont have any other alternative than to join the people in power(GOODLUCK) as they did in late 60s.

The Yorubas been more of the enlightened of the three major tribes understand things better which reflect in their character. I acknowledge the courage of the Igbos but we all should come together to reason together and decide our future by not voting based on tribe or zoning but by proven competence of the individual aspirant and political party.

I'm a Nigerian from Ekiti state which shows i'm Yoruba. I see myself as a Nigerian before i consider myself been a Yoruba man, unfortunately most of us see otherwise and see ourselves as first either a Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo before been a Nigerian. We need to change this mentality that is destroying us.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Dejavu147: 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2011
@ SKYBLUE1, I strongly concur with your decission and believe in what u've said, But there is one thing that 9gerians are "FINDING OUT" now what i mean by finding out now is that, it has gotten to the Stage were we no longer VOTE for parties But "CREDIBLE" Candidates and that is what is helping GEJ Presently, for those that think PDP is the Devil, well, am not in support of Corruption or anything bad, but i think we should try @ least to face the reality for once cos, i want  us to know something that "PDP" is just a NAME for the party & it is been govern by people,so the DEED is done by people not by PDP, But by the people running it,so i dont think running to other party like ACN,APGA Etc will solve the problem we're facing in the country & as it is I Stand to be corrected,it will rather WORSEN our case cos they'll want to recoup all the money they've spent on Investing during the campaign etc, My people it has gotten to the stage now for each and everyone of us to let the Northerners Know that,this Country belong to all of us,and we can not allow just few GREEDY,ILLITERATE,SELF CENTERDNESS PEOPLE to take us for a ride anymore,and we will stand and Vote for anybody we think can move this country forward enough is enough and if they think they can Instigate their Almajeris against us,then they should know that WE ARE READY FOR THEM, God bless 9ja,God bless All.
9ja O ni Baje oo!

Regards,

Dejavu smiley
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by awa(m): 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2011
Tears for Nigeria,

This nation would fall if the North capitalise on their will at all cost,
I pray for the nation,
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by abasibles: 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2011
@Hodaya, ur plan can never work b/c when God said yes no man or woman can say no tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by zoraro(m): 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2011
lakode:

Firstly ,lets look beyond thier naviety ;Now have we asked ourselves why the idea of zoining was put foward, are we right to change this  .hmm , ok my view ;The fact remains that in country as heterogeneous(in tribe) as Nigeria , it is to the benefit of peace and sanity for such idea , moreso if  we reject   the idea of zoining now have you guys try to ask yourselves what will happen in the next 4 yrs( I mean nxt election) , then it will be big confusion , as it is since stable democracy we had South doing two terms and North with a truncated first term so , hmm what will happen in next 4 yrs(Lack of foresight)  .
 As much as I also don't support Atiku , the power of incumbency and stay in power by all cost  being exhibited by GEJ also disqualifies him , If PDP is really a sincere party why not invite a Northerner that is perceive more capable by the masses, if they call on someone like Ribadu or even one of the Northern Governors  wont that be more fair
Lastly , I remember once we were all against OBJ going for three terms , I will point out with GEJ running its like OBJ going for his 4th term , If most of you despise Atiku(like I also do ) , then you should despise OBJ and you should also be against the idea of GEJ . Even looking at other Major parties they are choosing Northerners( Cos they are sincere and they know what is right)

NIGERIANS FORGET THINGS SO FAST AND DONT LOOK AHEAD WELL ENOUGH , INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR A RIGHT LEADER WE GOING TO VOTE SOME GOOD-LUCK , GOD SAVE NIGERIA

Did Nigeria suddenly become heterogeneous in 1999, why was  zoning not practiced before then? or the heterogeneous nature of Nigeria was not known to both military and civilian governments before then?.

Why did Northern candidates  contest the 2003 presidential primaries when it was supposedly zoned to the South?

Why was the South West given 8 years of rule when it was zoned to the whole South?

What stops a South Westerner from contesting again when it's the turn of the South again?

There are too many unanswered questions with  zoning to make it viable the way it is constituted.

You want a Northerner to become President again while those from the South East have not produced a "President" in 50 years, is that honorable?.

(FYI I am not from the South East).
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by lovejo(m): 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2011
They always says muslim north and christian south, but south don't put forward obj cos he is christian or muslim, in the future the next candidate from south may be muslim yoruba, they should stop all this religion and political bigot, this should be one Nigeria.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Princek12(m): 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2011
I am lost for words, for I don't even know where to start.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2011
Hodaya:

The Yorubas been more of the enlightened of the three major tribes understand things better which reflect in their character. I acknowledge the courage of the Igbos but we all should come together to reason together and decide our future by not voting based on tribe or zoning but by proven competence of the individual aspirant and political party.

I'm a Nigerian from Ekiti state which shows i'm Yoruba. I see myself as a Nigerian before i consider myself been a Yoruba man, unfortunately most of us see otherwise and see ourselves as first either a Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo before been a Nigerian. We need to change this mentality that is destroying us.
which mentality ? Have you ever been to the north during any crisis or riot ? Do you know the next thing that will come out of that riot? I bet you its killing of the southerners especially the igbos(as they took them as their worst enemy). And let me tell you the only government solution that can minimize all this killing, rooting,destroying of property in naija is my ABOVE SOLTION. Anywhere maybe you wont understand this until u lost any of ur siblings in those crisis.
NOTE:'my suggestion of nigeria might be wrong to you and be right to another'.
And please stop using 'enlightened' to cover 'fear'. So maybe yorubas are also more enlightened than germans(who fought the WW11)even though lost the war but gain their governmental power in europe which they lost in WW1.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by amanze15(m): 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2011
am seriously in worry about the future of these nation undecided undecided undecided it just too unfortunate
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by bisiaet: 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2011
Angry

They should all burst H E L L !!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JTF Kills 35 Boko-Haram Members In Yobe / PDP Crisis: IGP Arase, Seals Party secretariat / Reps Deputy Speaker Makes 11 Appointments [full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.