Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win (11727 Views)

EFCC Petitioned Over Jonathan Illegal N67.2billion Withdrawal From CBN-sahara / TAN Leader, Ifeanyi Ubah, Weeps Over Jonathan's Loss / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by sweet9ja: 2:12am On Jan 20, 2011
If Ciroma and co (I never believed they represented the entire north) were really serious about producing the Next president of Nigeria, I wonder why they zeroed in on Atiku? Why no go for an untaited person like Mallam Sanusi, our able Central Bank governor? A man who has proven his love for the country.
The whole thing, I believe is not about zoning as such, but it's really about retaining political power for themselves. They are afraid of generational shift.

For those who are hoping the north will vote masively for Ribadu or Burari, I say dream on. Compared to the PDP , ACN which is the main opposition party does not come in any sence close in terms of organisation and grassroot support.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by rhymz(m): 5:58am On Jan 20, 2011
Atiku is a niusance that no meaningful politician that is worth his salt should even relate with. The man based all his political campaighn on Jonathan and forgot that the election was not about Jonathan but what every contender could do to better the country. Even his opening speech was steeped with complaints, mudslinging, uneccessary personal attacks and endless rants without any single reference to what he plans to do if he became president. That guy is a dumbo, I knew he was going to be crushed like an ant. Ribadu himself is no contender here neither is the relatively unknown Shekaru. Buhari would ve stood a chance if only he was not from thesame stock. And people need to look at the bigger picture here, it is folly and politically naive for oppositions to continue to bash the PDP like they are in the race just to unseat the PDP. Even if PDP lose today, that wont change a thing, thesame Nigerians that we see in the PDP are the ones we see in other parties scattered all over the place with no serious plan or ideology to show they mean what they say, just empty rants, blind attacks, stupid political rhetorics and dumb campaighn slogans that can be forgotten after a sneeze. Jonathan will win the elections not because he is the best candidate but because he is not in denial, he makes himself look human, susceptible to mistakes and manages to surreptituosly look like the political underdog at the end even though he is the incumbent. Atiku is no political heavyweight as he likes to claim, if he was, he could ve at least won in his own state. He is so politically savvy that he was beaten so easily even in core northern states, so much for his much touted experience. Nonsense! Experience in what? Being the vice president? Jonathan was that too and is now the president, so how is he better than a person that has been there and even done more, dumbo! Exactly why he should ve talked less about Jonathan and concentrated on his own plan, delegates are not fools to buy all that crap about his experience, Jonathan was smarter, he appealed to thier interests and won thier support, kappish! Atiku chose to obsess about Jonathan while Jonathan reached a mutual agreement with enough of them to win the primary, Atiku can go and sit down and learn what political savvy is all about, he can now let his ego down cos he does not have it anyway, he lost it with that crushing defeat. Running from pillar to post only makes him look more desperate and a sour loser, let him learn from Hilary, who knows Jonathan might just be magnanimous enough to let the !diot serve in his govt so that he can eat his own shit like he always does.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by ikennahill: 6:31am On Jan 20, 2011
We hv opposition bt they are nt strong enough to match pdp riggng machine which only court can stp,eg anambra,edo,ekiti,osun,ondo,etc. The riot is uncal for and wil nt change anytin.i dnt like atiku,i dnt like jonathan,buhari is here and there.ribadu is gd bt wil d system allow him.sherakau na journey man.d north wil split their vote and gv gej victory
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Druss(m): 7:25am On Jan 20, 2011
"It is equally true that politicians and Christian clerics in the south are also using religion to promote and rally support for Jonathan against northern candidates."

This is how problems start. This man should be arresting for religious baiting. This is what happened in the lead up to the 1966 countercoup!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by dasa: 7:26am On Jan 20, 2011
southerners do not think along religious lines but ethnic lines.  The imams preach against a candidate, how shameful. it only goes to prove that Islam has been converted to a political tool. shame on them.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Diligence: 8:04am On Jan 20, 2011
The North should rather rally support behind Jonathan, as he may be the President that would bring meaningful development there, esp considerg the no. of yrs northern leaders have been in Aso Rock, yet nothing to show for it (in terms of infrastructural development).

Weep not, North!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by kpozite(m): 9:08am On Jan 20, 2011
Those Northerners are so myopic that I wonder if they even see their noses. What has all those other presidents and head of states from the north done for them. Fools.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by kpozite(m): 9:10am On Jan 20, 2011
Those Northerners are so myopic that I wonder if they even see their noses (talk less of beyond) . What has all those other presidents and head of states from the north done for them. Fools.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by 9ce(m): 10:25am On Jan 20, 2011
One good question I keep asking myself is, where are the children of the likes of Atiku, ciroma, even Babangida? Just to mention but  few.  undecided
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Guyman02: 11:23am On Jan 20, 2011
9ce:

One good question I keep asking myself is, where are the children of the likes of Atiku, ciroma, even Babangida? Just to mention but  few.  undecided

Some are schooling in America living with his Igbo wife Jemila (formerly Jennifer). Others are shopping in Dubai and skiing in UK. You also find them cruising around Abuja in flashy latest cars with well paid jobs as inexperienced political appointees to Ministers and Directors General of parastatals waiting for time to come of age and contest for local govt chairmanship seats, state assemblies, then to national assembly, ambassadorial appointments etc and take over from their parents and the circle continues.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by legba1(m): 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2011
@guyman02'ur correct.the viciuos cycle goes on and on.if there's a time to break the northern grip on naija leadership, the time is now!they're minority scholar-wise but they see the rest of us as better suitable to be followers.thats why they keep majority of their youths out of schools to be use as rioters.this time they have miss the mark.i just hope GEJ and his cohorts will justify the support we're giving him.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by gangar(m): 12:45pm On Jan 20, 2011
legba1:

@guyman02'your correct.the viciuos cycle goes on and on.if there's a time to break the northern grip on naija leadership, the time is now!they're minority scholar-wise but they see the rest of us as better suitable to be followers.thats why they keep majority of their youths out of schools to be use as rioters.
You are not fit to rule your self. flawed thinking!!!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 20, 2011
legba1:

@guyman02'your correct.the viciuos cycle goes on and on. [size=14pt]if there's a time to break the northern grip on naija leadership, the time is now![/size]they're minority scholar-wise but they see the rest of us as better suitable to be followers.thats why they keep majority of their youths out of schools to be use as rioters.this time they have miss the mark.i just hope GEJ and his cohorts will justify the support we're giving him.

grin Lol! isn't that what zoning was supposed to do?. Dis 100 million muslim votes na serious matter, lol!!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by gangar(m): 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2011
legba1:

@guyman02'your correct.the viciuos cycle goes on and on.if there's a time to break the northern grip on naija leadership, the time is now!they're minority scholar-wise but they see the rest of us as better suitable to be followers.thats why they keep majority of their youths out of schools to be use as rioters.
You are not fit to rule your self. flawed thinking!!!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by tyson55(m): 12:57pm On Jan 20, 2011
This Northern oligarchs are now crying because they are now beaten to their own game, they say they are born to rule and we the southerners are born to follow them like cow. It is beginning to look like these self-appointed wise men lacked wisdom. How do you explain the fact that it was a "Consensus Committee" of the Northern Oligarchy's NPLF that came up with the endorsement of Abubakar? Members of the committee were commended by the secretary of the NPLF for "their sacrifice, their patriotism (obviously to a Northern Agenda), their commitment and their integrity." NPLF's Consensus Committee Secretary Mr. Bello Abdulkadir added that members of the Consensus Committee "have made an important contribution to the unity and stability of this country." Selecting a consensus candidate for the North has suddenly become a contribution to the nation of Nigeria? Please don't make me laugh because this is nothing but ridiculous and stupid.

There is no unity in Nigeria and Nigeria needs much more than being united today; we probably need to part company as ethnic nationalities forcefully put together by the British. I would have preferred a referendum taking place in Nigeria today like what is taking place in Sudan now. You get the impression that the NPLF felt it was doing the rest of us - the Ibo, Katafs, Uhrobos, Ilajes, Yoruba, Ijaw, etc. - a favour by hand-picking a consensus candidate. But that is the problem with the Oligarchy, the same group of men who have over-eaten, grabbed, looted, and over-benefited from the oil resources of the South, and it makes you wonder if these people are not over-deluded, ignorant or stupid. Or even all of the above. When the chips are down they all know in the NPLF that the North cannot sustain itself without the oil from the South. Most of the top notches in the Oligarchy have no other means of livelihood beside oil or oil related businesses. They are not producing anything, they have no industries and they are liabilities to their communities, essentially cost centres rather than generating resources that will bring in revenue.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Eyayomosko: 12:59pm On Jan 20, 2011
it is none of my business actually, i don't like the man.Nuhu Ribadu is the right man
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 20, 2011
[size=14pt]
I find it quite amusing that after all the grammar is said and done, my one vote is equal to one almajiri vote. I wan see as GEJ wan yan dat 100 million muslim votes to im side - I call it lack of experience (as he rightly admitted). He shoulda seen this one comin' cool grin cheesy wink cool grin grin
[/size]
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by Gbenge77(m): 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2011
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by yusuf22: 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2011
[b][/b]

please we should not be ignorant unto our selves zoning formula is a PDP matter why is that every one make a lot of noise on zoning? if you can do some thing then form your party and try your effort.

stop deceiving our your self with zoning.

your immediately problem is your Local Government Chairman & Governor.

the allocation from federation account is still cumming to your State & Local Government ask at that level what have they done with the grand.

don't stick to lies of zoning using you to fight for someones pocket. what development the have done in the north with their allocation?

SKY BLUE you have said the truth
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by sizzlers(m): 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2011
the only solution to all the problem is two party system i hope gef can achieve that
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by A40(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2011
Make dem go take scorpion make peppersoup nau!! GEJ is defo winning that election and there is nothing they can do about it
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by tellwisdom: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2011
So you too want to have a taste abi? You see say the girl hot well well so you want take style collect her number, 
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by NAJALYN: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2011
How can a house divided against itself ever stand? The Northern Youths are condemning the Northern State Governors for voting for GEJ instead of Atiku at the PDP Primaries. By their action, the Northern State Governors passed a vote of no confidence on Atiku. So why all the fuss & rioting? The North can not continue to disturb us with riots. I think its high time something is done to put a permanent end to all these unnecessary riots by the Northerners. As some posts rightly said, enough is enough of this sheepishness.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by NAJALYN: 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2011
How can a house divided against itself ever stand? The Northern Youths are condemning the Northern State Governors for voting for GEJ instead of Atiku at the PDP Primaries. By their action, the Northern State Governors passed a vote of no confidence on Atiku. So why all the fuss & rioting? The North can not continue to disturb us with riots. I think its high time something is done to put a permanent end to all these unnecessary riots by the Northerners. As some posts rightly said, enough is enough of this sheepishness.
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by odumchi: 1:57am On Jan 23, 2011
And once again the supposed owners of Nigeria, the reversers of progress, revolt when we finally take a step in the right direction. sad
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by ejikeND(m): 11:18am On Jan 23, 2011
dey sld kill thm selfs 4 him too
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by TeadroTec: 1:35pm On Jan 27, 2011
Teadro Info Tech, best known I.T school in Port Harcourt for its cutting-edge training where more of I.T practicals are emphasized in:
ORACLE, CISCO, MCITP, COMPTIA A+ and N+, MOS , IC3 and much more IS AT IT AGAIN! ! !,

Offering 100 percent scholarship to meritorious students. ABSOLUTELY FREE[/size][size=8pt]
NO gimmick, no registration fee, its totally free!!!
Teadro scholarship scheme is an annual scholarship program to empower the youths through ICT training and also to create opportunities for job placement.

Additional benefits include participants been enlisted on our consultant Database for job placement with any of the following: Telecom, Banks, ISPs, Oil and Gas and so on,

Remember, scholarship is based on merit, so come along with your writing materials for a 45 minutes test at Teadro InfoTech centre, 76 stadium road Port Harcourt or call 08036086061.
This is a rare opportunity where you can get yourself certified and grounded in I.T field at just no cost. Take advantage of this grand opportunity NOW!!!

Venue: 76 Stadium Road Port Harcourt
Date: 12th February 2011
Time: 9:00 am prompt!
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by DRPYGRU: 12:09am On Dec 12, 2013
Sai Gej
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by DRPYGRU: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2016
H
Re: Riot In The North Over Jonathan's Win by BiafranPrince: 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Fails To Produce Dasuki In Court For Trial / Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima / The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.