Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? (894 Views)

What Do We Call It ? Love Or Madness,can You Wash Your Wife's Underwears ? / Men/is It Love Or Acts? / How To Overcome Insecurity In A Long-distance Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by lokya(f): 11:29am On Jan 18, 2011
I have this fine good looking guy in my office dat i decide to start dating after he asked me out. Before we started dating he was always complaining that i smile alot and guys re always around me, even had to cut down on number of people i talk in the office despite the fact that its a customer care job and ur suppose te jovial all the time as it will reflect in ur voice when talking to customers.Anytime he calls my line and its on call waiting , he gets angry and doesnt pick is calls afterwards.antime the phone rings and dont pick then he concludes some else is with me and send s nasty text messages saying , u ve change, i know u ve someone blah blah.Claims he does that becos he loves me very much.
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:34am On Jan 18, 2011
when you say your line do you mean your personal mobile phone or the one from work ?

he is crazy though he should understand your work and he cant make working hours as your own luv dove hours
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by Coolabbie: 11:49am On Jan 18, 2011
He's insecure 4 sure but i guess dat is own queer way of showing u he luvs u.
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by Dyt(f): 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
More jealous dan me
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by Orton10(m): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2011
^
lol. abiii.

Yeah datz my number three problem wif most ladies, the smiles, the flirtatious touches\
and hugs. I think Any true guy who really loves his woman is justified in feeling that way.
But he was wrong in telling you, He shouldn't have.
Such things are best kept inside, deep down.
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by Areaboy2(m): 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
my sister always told me " Beware of psycho chics, it never turns out good"

i think i should pass that advice to you. "beware of psycho guys"

ppl that go to the extreme(in all the bad ways) cos of love. Not a good sign at the start. U don't have to change yourself to please him. He must have liked you enough the way you are to ask you out in the first place, so why getting extremely jealous for no reason.

Unless there's more to this story? undecided
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by degubi(m): 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2011
Love is freedom. If you can't be free and you constantly feel you have to be on your guard at all times then you need to rethink your relationship. The guy is insecure and it is something he has to sort out by himself. Show him you care about him if indeed you do, reassure him as often as you can and above all else be yourself that is all you owe yourself.
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by lokya(f): 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
My personal line.The guy in question is God fearing, gentle no sex before marriage guy which i am very comfortable with cos before now was wondering if we still had guys like that but sincerely  his insecurity is really getting to me.Thanks for all the advise
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by Nakele(f): 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2011
I wonder ooooo, and i fear for you,,,,but whatever u decide good luck,,,,,,,,my advise is follow your heart.
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by Areaboy2(m): 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2011
lokya:

My personal line.The guy in question is God fearing, gentle no sex before marriage guy which i am very comfortable with cos before now was wondering if we still had guys like that but sincerely  his insecurity is really getting to me.Thanks for all the advise

OWNED!!!

give and take right?. u really cant have it all. make the best out of this one though. spend some time and talk with him on a different level about your feeling towards his insecurity.

And I just want to add, going to church does not making him any special tongue
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by iice(f): 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2011
Agree with Area boy on the psycho bit.
Your job requires you to be smiling and friendly.
So long as you keep it professional i don't see the problem undecided

Anyway people have a habit of only seeing what they want to see or not seeing what really is.
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by calyx: 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
Know something about temperaments This guy is very likely an introvert and your description of him is a major characteristic.

With guys like this, there are positives and negatives. The key negative is that he can get very very insecure and always on the tab to ensure you aint doing the wrong things. Positives? You can almost be sure that this guy will not do anything to break your heart if you dont give him reason to. They are mostly good guys and rarely cheat amongst others.

I dont think you should leave him but you need to do some work of emphasizing your loyalty to the relationship (thats if you really want to keep him)
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by Youngpo413: 5:11am On Dec 28, 2014
lokya:
marriage indeed
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by Youngpo413: 5:13am On Dec 28, 2014
calyx:
Know something about temperaments This guy is very likely an introvert and your description of him is a major characteristic.

With guys like this, there are positives and negatives. The key negative is that he can get very very insecure and always on the tab to ensure you aint doing the wrong things. Positives? You can almost be sure that this guy will not do anything to break your heart if you dont give him reason to. They are mostly good guys and rarely cheat amongst others.

I dont think you should leave him but you need to do some work of emphasizing your loyalty to the relationship (thats if you really want to keep him)
my weak point
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by Bunker1(m): 6:56am On Dec 28, 2014
OP stop acting like you don't have the solution. that Guy is priceless. have some words with him how you love him above any other man. you girls have this fallacy that. showing him you have admires will make him never wish to lose you. from you view this guy is madly into you but don't take that for granted cos someone out there is rolling her eyes over him.
Re: Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 28, 2014
Which psycopath dug this thread out of 2011 archive?

(1) (Reply)

Is She Still In Love With Me? / Help Out<my Friend Is Confused> / Female Instruments Mutilation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.