Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,915 members, 7,852,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:24 PM

Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) (77580 Views)

“So Cynthia Morgan Lied?” Nigerians React To Cynthia Morgan’s Contract With Jude / Landlord Takes Cynthia Morgan To Court Over Unpaid Rent, Tax Evasion / Cynthia Morgan Aka Madrina Is Back On Instagram With Adorable Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by nextstep(m): 5:14pm On May 26, 2020
sketcherJ:
Guys the title is not even the case. I took my time to read the content of this contract. I was kinda supporting Jude before but when I saw this contract. I just know that there is no way an artist would become rich in this record label.
How much will the artist make to pay production fee 50% and still share 50% with the company? Read guys!!

Granted, this contract favors the company more than the artist, but that's what people mean by "pay your dues". She needs to hustle and really blow before she can start seeing real money. Second or third contract is always sweeter, with experience and more leverage. It's the same in any part of the world, whether movies, music, engineering, etc. Most entrepreneurs who seek venture capital barely break even on their first deal. There's a small profit on the second, then a larger payout on the third, and soon they are the ones calling the shots.

As lawyer mentioned yesterday - all the upfront costs are being borne by the Company. 100%. She's basically taking a loan on 50% of the costs of production and promotion, and needs to pay those back before she starts seeing royalties. And I've seen her video sets, they are expensive, albeit very creative and imaginative.

She's not the first, and could have asked for advice from others who have walked this same path. She assumed she could really blow quick, perhaps leverage some feuds to boost her, but reality has hit her hard.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:14pm On May 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
- still trying to find the part where it says her Vevo account will be hijacked to repay the debt.
- contract clearly states record label will pay 50% cost of videos production, promoting and branding artist while artist will pay the other 50% BUT baba Jude said he paid for the videos himself and now uses that to block her vevo account.

The contract states since she had no money, they'll front the initial 100%, then deduct their 50% from gross.

And of course they still get 50% of profits.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by HeadShot: 5:15pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Oh yes they did and there's nothing you can do about it Nigga
You are not well...

Cynthia lied ... Thats what the thread said
She played on gullible people to fund her

You are not well...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 5:15pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Boy i'm better than you because what I've achieve right now in my early twenties you can't come close to that in your late 50s.
but they said you were beginning for just 1k in a post lie that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by xcabczyxabczzzz: 5:15pm On May 26, 2020
Meeyankee:

You that is begging for 1000 Naira?
Lol, finally that guy struggle of following with screenshot has paid off.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by kissGuys: 5:15pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
It's obvious jude is a user why would an upcoming artist pay 50% of her production among other things you still had the gut to say the profit should be 50%50 like seriously boy ? If you're not paying for the cost of production as a company then don't bring the 50/50 deal on the table he wanted to kill her career thanks to the creator she's back on her feet and she's currently the no.1 artist trending in Africa without releasing a single yet so jude can go back to where he belong THE STREETS.....He blocked me on Instagram cause I curse am no be small cheesy grin grin
Are u not a fool.. I hate Nigerians with every fiber in me...

Read.. U no go read!!

Nah to run enter comment section like a retired ashawo on heat begin comment trash...
The contract states that its to fund 100% of all the expense of an upcoming artiste... Still it will only retain 50% of the gross profit!!

Jude is more than generous..!!!

Shaa.. Nah woman u be.. U cant think more than a mirrow and an eye lash!!..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by poweredcom(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
It's obvious jude is a user why would an upcoming artist pay 50% of her production among other things you still had the gut to say the profit should be 50%50 like seriously boy ? If you're not paying for the cost of production as a company then don't bring the 50/50 deal on the table he wanted to kill her career thanks to the creator she's back on her feet and she's currently the no.1 artist trending in Africa without releasing a single yet so jude can go back to where he belong THE STREETS.....He blocked me on Instagram cause I curse am no be small cheesy grin grin

You are a bad manners lady

Do you know what a label put on artist head to blow so the label that is in business are a joker or wat

Why should you curse Jude do you think he pick money

The whole fault is Cynthia ok just deal with the truth ok stop doing follow follow for what you don't know am not sure you know music business at all

Cursing Don's like Jude okoye will not solve problems learn how to read from both angles and understand stop bring emotional

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by jaxxy(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2020
Sanchez01:
She lived recklessly, became arrogant and rude to fellow musicians and when the windows of fame closed in on her, she appealed to the emotions of her fans and Nigerians, lied against her own label and seized advantage of the pity party to have a Gofundme raised on her behalf to have her career restarted.

Na mumu go die put.

Gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/bringbackcynthiamorgan

She has debts to pay. Let her raise as much as she can. There no doubt shes talented bt bad attitude got the best of her just like burna boy once upon a time faded into oblivion cos of attitude. Hopefully her great talent brings her back like odogwu. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by sexylassie2(f): 5:17pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:

Did you read where the contract said that because she is a new artist, the company will cover 100% cost and deduct the 50%

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by centboy123456(m): 5:17pm On May 26, 2020
clericuzzio:

Is like GoFundMe is the next place to try for free cash

bro I reason aswell but I nor know how them day do am

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by ednut1(m): 5:17pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
its a 360 deal

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by AristocraticMe: 5:17pm On May 26, 2020
Due to the ignorance of most artist, they just sign this papers without looking deep into it.

NEVER SIGN AWAY YOUR MASTER ALBUM. simple. Since we both (Artist and Company) contributed to the production, promotion and advertisement of the artist why should the company own the album.

It does not make sense..

That is why i love Jay Z, he said he made sure he got all his master Album back from all his previous labels. He never signed any contract that gave his album away again......It is your property.

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by nextstep(m): 5:18pm On May 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
- still trying to find the part where it says her Vevo account will be hijacked to repay the debt.
- contract clearly states record label will pay 50% cost of videos production, promoting and branding artist while artist will pay the other 50% BUT baba Jude said he paid for the videos himself and now uses that to block her vevo account.

She effectively took a loan: she needed to go half on production costs, but could not bring the money, hence they fronted 100%. Note they didn't even charge her interest on her half (as a bank or other lender would).

After she has paid off the loan, then she can share half the profits. It's pretty straightforward, and not overly aggressive. Nobody makes big on their first signing contract, because they have no freakin leverage at the beginning. That's why you need to be humble, work hard, have staying power, and grow smart - not feuding with people up and down while displaying unwarranted arrogance.

She is lyrically gifted, and her videos were always very well done (which is expensive BTW).

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by mdchikezie(m): 5:18pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:
Nigerians are indeed very emotional. Now we have incontrovertible proof that Cynthia lied. In saner climes Jude can sue her for every Kobo she has (which isn't much to start with).

HER CONTRACT WITH THEM IS SUPPOSED TO LAST A NUMBER OF YEARS, HOW COME SHE CANNOT USE HER NAME EVER AGAIN?
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by udemzyudex(m): 5:18pm On May 26, 2020
jaxxy:

She has debts to pay. Let her raise as much as she can. There no doubt shes talents bt dad attitude got the best of her just like burna boy once upon a time faded into oblivion cos of attitude. Hopefully her great talent brings her back like odogwu. Lol

The debt she owes you or your family members? Which one, be specific pls.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by centboy123456(m): 5:19pm On May 26, 2020
Usmanusmanola:
Yea thats me
After we've make a deal,
What I'll do for you is that ill create YouTube channel for you,
I'll verify the YouTube channel,
I'll create a google AdSense account where you'll receive revenue for you,
I'll link the YouTube channel and Google AdSense together,
I'll set up the channel with SEO optimization,
I'll create Logo for your channel,
I'll create intro video for your channel,
I'll create Banner art to set up your channel,
I'll also teach you professional video editing on mobile phone which you are going to be using to create your video content
And finally I'll teach you how to use the channel to make money..

where can we start from
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Futurejoy(f): 5:19pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
I can’t believe you just said this. Do you know what record labels stand for?? They literally pick artist up and rebrand them, they pay for their accommodation, feed them, cloth them and invest money in their music and in Cynthia Morgan’s case, pay for her bleaching cream.......no body makes investment without expecting a return.
They had an agreement and she signed 50/50 everybody that has ever worked with her are complaining of the same problem with her, she allowed arrogance and pride to kill her career now she is trying to act like a victim ,Nigerians bought her “pity me” story and set up a “go-fund-me account” on her behalf. Nigerians are gullable

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Sanchez01: 5:19pm On May 26, 2020
skyhighweb:
if the contract says she cants use the name and she came out to say she cant use her name again, wheres the lie in that?
The contract didn't state that SHE CAN'T but that THEY CAN USE HER IMAGES AND NAME, ON HER APPROVAL, FOR THE PROMOTION OF HER MATERIALS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by ShoProperties(m): 5:20pm On May 26, 2020
[
I'm interested whatsapp 08124579981

quote author=Usmanusmanola post=89984888]Yea thats me
After we've make a deal,
What I'll do for you is that ill create YouTube channel for you,
I'll verify the YouTube channel,
I'll create a google AdSense account where you'll receive revenue for you,
I'll link the YouTube channel and Google AdSense together,
I'll set up the channel with SEO optimization,
I'll create Logo for your channel,
I'll create intro video for your channel,
I'll create Banner art to set up your channel,
I'll also teach you professional video editing on mobile phone which you are going to be using to create your video content
And finally I'll teach you how to use the channel to make money..[/quote]
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by sexylassie2(f): 5:21pm On May 26, 2020
sketcherJ:
Guys the title is not even the case. I took my time to read the content of this contract. I was kinda supporting Jude before but when I saw this contract. I just know that there is no way an artist would become rich in this record label.
How much will the artist make to pay production fee 50% and still share 50% with the company? Read guys!!

You said read but didn't understand the contract.

Contract said, because she is a new artist, the company will pay 100% for every of her needs and then deduct 50% when they make profit, is this not a fair deal?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by majamajic(m): 5:21pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:
Nigerians are indeed very emotional. Now we have incontrovertible proof that Cynthia lied. In saner climes Jude can sue her for every Kobo she has (which isn't much to start with).

Kobo she has ? U got no mercy !

The deal was a fair deal , just that Cynthia is wack , just like lazy and unproductive May D !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Sanchez01: 5:21pm On May 26, 2020
jaxxy:

I think she was misinformed probably frpm threats by her manager. Many of these artist done read their contracts properly. Jude didn't even prepare the contract. It was her and her manager according to Jude.
I quite agree with you. She failed to hire a lawyer and didn't understand the contract she signed.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Goalnaldo(m): 5:21pm On May 26, 2020
Sanchez01:
She lived recklessly, became arrogant and rude to fellow musicians and when the windows of fame closed in on her, she appealed to the emotions of her fans and Nigerians, lied against her own label and seized advantage of the pity party to have a Gofundme raised on her behalf to have her career restarted.

Na mumu go die put.

Gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/bringbackcynthiamorgan
just two days and $1600 raised. Please I want to open a GoFundMe page too cry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Super1759: 5:23pm On May 26, 2020
where is number 5 of this document

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by GlenChestnut: 5:23pm On May 26, 2020
Did you read to reply or understand? Now that you have goofed, how do you feel? Slowpoke
Millenniumlady:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by majamajic(m): 5:24pm On May 26, 2020
Goalnaldo:
just two days and $1600 raised. Please I want to open a GoFundMe page too cry

She can squander that in one hour , she live recklessly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nojoy4toutans: 5:24pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:

You just want to comment. So you expect Jude to Invest and not make returns. What is wrong with a 50 - 50. You better ask upcoming artist what their label pays them. Jude tried and did well. Go and find out what others do in the industry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by skyhighweb(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2020
Sanchez01:

The contract didn't state that SHE CAN'T but that THEY CAN USE HER IMAGES AND NAME, ON HER APPROVAL, FOR THE PROMOTION OF HER MATERIALS.
bros the contract no even make sense its like saying u can eat that meat but dont swallow
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Sanchez01: 5:25pm On May 26, 2020
tomdon:

You mean he's the guilty one?
I wouldn't say so. Peter's issue with him, May D's recent outburst and Cynthia Morgan's won't put him in good light no matter how much we see it. However, that of CM seems to be a lie as revealed by the contract.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Dextre(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:

See this madam talking. Have you worked with a record label before. Stop letting emotions block ur sense of reasoning. Was she forced to sign? She and her manager then drafted the contract,so what nonsense are you here spilling

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by GEEBITE: 5:25pm On May 26, 2020
Where is the other 50% coming from then.50-50 is a fair deal.Put your money where your mouth is,she was signed as an established artist not an upcoming one.Dame way Don Jazzy signed Tiwa Savage.
sketcherJ:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by AristocraticMe: 5:26pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Same thing i said.... He is a thief..... the artist and the record label contributed 50/50 to the production, video and promotion of the artist and now you say you OWN the master copy of the artist songs.... that is stealing and it is gross...... well i dont blame the artist most time, most of them just want to sing and release album without reading the contract.....
MAY D was smart though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Bares Nipples In 'Dis Love' Music Video With DJ Spinall & Wizkid / Angelina Jolie(miss Thing) Or Halle Berry( Black Barbie) / Tonto Dikeh Names Male Contacts On Her Phone Based On Their Private Organ (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.