Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,995 members, 7,852,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:02 PM

Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) (77588 Views)

“So Cynthia Morgan Lied?” Nigerians React To Cynthia Morgan’s Contract With Jude / Landlord Takes Cynthia Morgan To Court Over Unpaid Rent, Tax Evasion / Cynthia Morgan Aka Madrina Is Back On Instagram With Adorable Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by fabuloz1(m): 5:39pm On May 26, 2020
Meeyankee:

You that is begging for 1000 Naira?
grin don't mind that girl because she's on social media. I'm sure she has soaked garri twice today grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by jaxxy(m): 5:39pm On May 26, 2020
udemzyudex:

The debt she owes you or your family members? Which one, be specific pls.

Do u have to be like this? These are allegations made by her manager specifically which she has not denied and u are here talking ridiculously.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 26, 2020
Faithful4real:

Dude you are jobless, go back to your twitter.

Buncombe!
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Davash222(m): 5:40pm On May 26, 2020
NNAMDIII:
send ur aza, lemme put small change for u because of this post grin
3095112340 Firstbank.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by mindtricks: 5:40pm On May 26, 2020
kissGuys:
Are u not a fool.. I hate Nigerians with every fiber in me...

Read.. U no go read!!

Nah to run enter comment section like a retired ashawo on heat begin comment trash...
The contract states that its to fund 100% of all the expense of an upcoming artiste... Still it will only retain 50% of the gross profit!!

Jude is more than generous..!!!

Shaa.. Nah woman u be.. U cant think more than a mirrow and an eye lash!!..

I tell you.
Even if na 70:30 self.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Sanchez01: 5:41pm On May 26, 2020
jrusky:
Going through this contract I noticed something is not right, I noticed *greed contract clause* or I called *career slavery contract* by seen sharing profit 50/50 for upcoming artist that clause is a complete dream killing contract clause.

I don't know Cynthia infact I'm hearing of her for the first time 2 days ago and Jude himself I only know he existed when Paul and Peter career began and lately about the marital fracas between his 2 siblings that was all.

Whatever happened let both put all behind and move on. MayD also dropped his unhapoiness with same Jude so let us not be too emotion as per things if few people speak ill of someone pls check that person life well possibly something not right somewhere.
50-50 is a partnership already. The ideal sharing formula with most record labels is 70-30 (for 'B' rated), and 60-40 (for A list artists). Kizz Daniel wouldn't have left G-Worldwide if he was earning 70-30.

Northside's with Cynthia Morgan is generosity personified.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by jaxxy(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2020
Sanchez01:

The dollar currently trades at N461 at the black market.

461x150000 will give us N69,150,000

We all have bills to pay and I'm sure upcoming acts don't need as much as N70m to get recognition in the music industry.

Not bills Bt debts. It’s abit different. Manger claims she owes her $30,000. I don’t know how this can be true.
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Revolva(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
It's obvious jude is a user why would an upcoming artist pay 50% of her production among other things you still had the gut to say the profit should be 50%50 like seriously boy ? If you're not paying for the cost of production as a company then don't bring the 50/50 deal on the table he wanted to kill her career thanks to the creator she's back on her feet and she's currently the no.1 artist trending in Africa without releasing a single yet so jude can go back to where he belong THE STREETS.....He blocked me on Instagram cause I curse am no be small cheesy grin grin

Shame on you madam I swear you don't know anything about business am not even saying music business only to curse peeps that are greater than you on IG how will that help matters

Why did Cynthia sign the deal if she knows she can't pay back
The label payed for everything you see about her and made her blew now label need to get their money back

What the big deal in that do you think labels are charity organizations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 26, 2020
fabuloz1:

grin don't mind that girl because she's on social media. I'm sure she has sucked garri twice today grin
I tired for her ooo . Achievement for mouth. She making allot of noise here because she got allot of pm from simpii guys here. On a normal day na she cook the beans wey them
Manage chop for their house this morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 26, 2020
Usmanusmanola:
Yea thats me
After we've make a deal,
What I'll do for you is that ill create YouTube channel for you,
I'll verify the YouTube channel,
I'll create a google AdSense account where you'll receive revenue for you,
I'll link the YouTube channel and Google AdSense together,
I'll set up the channel with SEO optimization,
I'll create Logo for your channel,
I'll create intro video for your channel,
I'll create Banner art to set up your channel,
I'll also teach you professional video editing on mobile phone which you are going to be using to create your video content
And finally I'll teach you how to use the channel to make money..

For how much?
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by AristocraticMe: 5:43pm On May 26, 2020
sexylassie2:

The artist didn't contribute anything, the lebel paid for everything
Oga read well well..... the record label paid 100% but in financial terms they paid 50% the artist will pay the remaining 50%. Simple.

it is the artist that records the songs oooo, perform ooo, write the songs, do rehearsal ooo and do various interviews, face online bullies and such.... do you think it is easy... Record label just contribute 50% and they are behaving like a god.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 26, 2020
Nigerians can rant for Africa. Everyone is saying Jude is wicked. Please until any of you here had done the following:

1. Picked up and unknown face. Sample his/her music then decide to gamble on his / career.

2. Sign a contract with the artist where you fund 100% of music production and artist lifestyle and still share the profits 50:50, irrespective of your costs. There are no guarantees.

3. Then you as record label will need to find financiers for the project who will loan you money @ x amount interest.

4. After that, make the artist no come blow. Or now blew but breached the terms of contract in terms of sharing proceeds, doing shows behind your back and all that. Note, you still have loans from #3 to pay.

5. The artist now blew and then decides to just leave , with all the money you borrowed in #3 hanging in the balance.

6. Like Jude, you had to hold on to something to at least offset the cost in #3. He should have sued actually.

7. Or like most of you here, you can afford to work your own ass off to pay the money from #3 off.

None of you here commenting have actually invested in an artist before nor gotten involved in intellectual property type investments. You all yarning dust should please bring out your hard earned monies or borrow money , leverage necessary connect and go pick an upcoming artist and deal with them the way you felt was better than Jude did. And then have the artist treat you the way CM did. Then come back and talk to me I will listen. Anything else is mouth-gunning. Of no consequence.

CM commented una believe am, Peter commented una believe am. Mayd yarn, una believe. Jude answered and offered to send out the contract that CM and her manager drafted and sent to him which he did not change and went ahead to sign. HELLO. Una say na fake. The manager wey link them up come yarn say see as things be. Una say na lie. 2 against one. Why not simply wait for her to actually refute the stuff. If she really has a case, she should take Jude to court. She doesn't. That is the reason she pulled the crappy stunt.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Shaprara: 5:45pm On May 26, 2020
Sanchez01:
Cynthia Morgan may not have been truthful when she said she can no longer use the name 'Cynthia Morgan' because it was contained in her record label that the label owns the name and that she is prohibited from using it.

The only time it is mentionedt that her name and images would be used is when the label wants to promote her materials, such as her singles, albums, EPs, and possibly videos.

She had the exclusive rights to use her name all along, contrary to what she said in the Instagram Interview she had with Sandra.

I don't interpret her statement to be a lie, I'm not a lawyer but what I interpret the statement to be particularly the use of name and image clause in Number 10 of the contract is that, her name, and every material that has her name on it during the duration of the contract belongs to the company and the company can use the name and her image in accordance with the contract. Meaning she herself can't perform a song she recorded under the company, or use the image she had under the company or use any material she had with the company under her name.

With the way it works in Nigeria, can you 100% agree that if cythia Morgan had released a track, featured another artiste or any material under the name Cynthia morgan, the company won't lay claim to it ?

I use kiss Daniel for example, his former label owned the rights to all of his music and all material under the name kiss Daniel that he had with the company, when he left he released some tracks and the former label said the name belonged to the label and all proceeds belonged to the label as far as he uses that name, then he was forced to change the name and till date he doesn't perform any songs he had with the former label. I believe Mr Jude will do the same cos that's like the general things amongst some music executives.

Mr Jude never said Cynthia didn't fulfill her ownside of the agreement, how come she owes him $40m abi na Naira ?

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by speedchariot(m): 5:45pm On May 26, 2020
She signed a contract written in Chinese language..

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by sexylassie2(f): 5:46pm On May 26, 2020
AristocraticMe:
Oga read well well..... the record label paid 100% but in financial terms they paid 50% the artist will pay the remaining 50%. Simple.

it is the artist that records the songs oooo, perform ooo, write the songs, do rehearsal ooo and do various interviews, face online bullies and such.... do you think it is easy... Record label just contribute 50% and they are behaving like a god.

I am not Oga number 1

Number 2, did you read where the contract stated that since she is a new artist with no financial backing, the lebel, will pay 100% cost for her and deduct 50% from gross profit.
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2020
Revolva:
Shame on you madam I swear you don't know anything about business am not even saying music business only to curse peeps that are greater than you on IG how will that help matters

Why did Cynthia sign the deal if she knows she can't pay back
The label payed for everything you see about her and made her blew now label need to get their money back
What the big deal in that do you think labels are charity organizations

if you hadnt read the contract upside down, you would understand that:
- it is not the artist job to pay back anything.... its the record label's job to make sure that the artist blows enough so that they can recoup their investment.
- its the labels job to pay everything, thats what the contract stipulates, and it also stipulates that if they dont get their money back at the end of the said contract, they will get the remaining cost of their investment from 50% of her royalties (and certainly not that they can hijack her Vevo account or what other nonsense!)
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
It's obvious jude is a user why would an upcoming artist pay 50% of her production among other things you still had the gut to say the profit should be 50%50 like seriously boy ? If you're not paying for the cost of production as a company then don't bring the 50/50 deal on the table he wanted to kill her career thanks to the creator she's back on her feet and she's currently the no.1 artist trending in Africa without releasing a single yet so jude can go back to where he belong THE STREETS.....He blocked me on Instagram cause I curse am no be small cheesy grin grin
Read the contract again!
It says the 50% cost is for the video production! Branding, music production and promotion is being borne by the label
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Sanchez01: 5:47pm On May 26, 2020
jaxxy:

Not bills Bt debts. It’s abit different. Manger claims she owes her $30,000. I don’t know how this can be true.
It is possible she owed that amount. All she needs is a record label. Word on the street say she was a junkie, which was the main reason she disappeared from the music scene in the first place.

Northside isn't even dragging a thing with her and I believe that is good for her.
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by mamatwiny(f): 5:48pm On May 26, 2020
The deal is even fair. Go and read contracts signed by authors with publishers like Longman etc. They own your book and pay you 10% royalty from the profit.
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by fabuloz1(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2020
Meeyankee:

I tired for her ooo . Achievement for mouth. She making allot of noise here because she got allot of pm from simpii guys here. On a normal day na she cook the beans wey them
Manage chop for their house this morning.
grin I just pity some girls. Be humble so that your helper can locate you but them go dey form posh. person that was supposed to help her might have seen how audio posh she is and waka pass looking left side

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:49pm On May 26, 2020
sexylassie2:

I am not Oga number 1

Number 2, did you read where the contract stated that since she is a new artist with no financial backing, the lebel, will pay 100% cost for her and deduct 50% from gross profit.

then why is the record label now saying that she owes them for the FULL cost of the video, if the contract clearly stipulates that they will pay 50/50?!
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 26, 2020
Pally, upcoming artists full everywhere. Go and pick them and sign that kind of contract where you contribute 100% and share profit 50:50 for an upcoming artist that you cannot tell whether e go blow or not and whether them go bail before you even recoup the 100% when you spend.

It is a concept call hedging your risks. If you do the above, then record labels will be loss making ventures cuz there will be no incentive for the artist to take their work seriously as there is no liability on them whether they perform or not. Try signing that type of contract with a bank.

AristocraticMe:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by AristocraticMe: 5:51pm On May 26, 2020
sexylassie2:

I am not Oga number 1

Sorry for Oga.... so sorry for that.

We are saying the same thing, the company will take their 50% back right ? That is to say, it is a 50/50 percent contribution....
Remember something. It is the artist that writes, perform on stage, record and do so many other thing. Why will the record label want to take ownership of the ALBUM since it was a 50/50 percent contribution.... to me i see it as taking advantage of a hungry artist, not just Cynthia Morgan alone.
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by DammyLucy(f): 5:52pm On May 26, 2020
She obviously covered up some facts
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by sexylassie2(f): 5:53pm On May 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

then why is the record label now saying that she owes them for the FULL cost of the video, if the contract clearly stipulates that they will pay 50/50?!

1.She didn't pay for anything
2. She didnt finish her contract.
3. The record lebel didnt recover their investment from her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Petdagr8t(m): 5:53pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:

Aunty next time try to understand issues before waging in with your insults.
This is a contract that Cynthia read and sign by herself and I believe her lawyer must have gone through the same deal and gave her his approval.
Where then do you get your evidence to prove that Jude manipulated the deal and wanted to kill Cynthia's career the same person he want to promote and make his money.
Until you present your qualification that is better than that of Cynthia Morgan and her lawyer no one will take you serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 26, 2020
She does. She quit before the expiration of the contract. She also did shows and pocketed all proceeds against the tenets of the agreement. So it means the investment they made is still hanging. Had it been that she stayed within the terms of her contract and tenure, if she no blow, the record label writes it off as a loss and moves on. She didn't stay which means they need to proceed against her for the monies owed. Also they still own the rights to the music she made under them. It is worst that they have not made money invested so they will keep the rights until then. Dont know what the law says about that. Lawyers can help here.

MrBrownJay1:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Sanchez01: 5:58pm On May 26, 2020
Shaprara:

I don't interpret her statement to be a lie, I'm not a lawyer but what I interpret the statement to be particularly the use of name and image clause in Number 10 of the contract is that, her name, and every material that has her name on it during the duration of the contract belongs to the company and the company can use the name and her image in accordance with the contract. Meaning she herself can't perform a song she recorded under the company, or use the image she had under the company or use any material she had with the company under her name.
The emboldened is the industry standard. Kiss Daniel had to change to Kizz because his was worse. His record label laid a claim to the name and they won in court. Northside's was the duration of her contract.

With the way it works in Nigeria, can you 100% agree that if cythia Morgan had released a track, featured another artiste or any material under the name Cynthia morgan, the company won't lay claim to it ?
The company will ONLY IF she still has a running contract with the label. Think about this, Reekado Banks and Tiwa Savage parted with Mavin and Don Jazzy gladly announced them on social media, wishing them the best. If Cynthia had requested to part with agreeable terms, what would have held Northside from allowing her leave when their partnership is 50-50?

I use kiss Daniel for example, his former label owned the rights to all of his music and all material under the name kiss Daniel that he had with the company, when he left he released some tracks and the former label said the name belonged to the label and all proceeds belonged to the label as far as he uses that name, then he was forced to change the name and till date he doesn't perform any songs he had with the former label. I believe Mr Jude will do the same cos that's like the general things amongst some music executives.
I already used this above as well and explained the difference in both cases. Kiss Daniel's former label milked him even though they got him his apartment and car. The sharing formula was so bad that it went round that he was paid N30,000 monthly. Yes, 30k, because the label paid for everything, including his tours.

Mr Jude never said Cynthia didn't fulfill her ownside of the agreement, how come she owes him $40m abi na Naira ?
Jude wasn't even the one who said Cynthia Morgan owed him N40m. It was her own manager who signed her and then handed her over to a batter label, in this case, Northside. She also said CM owe her as well.

All Jude has done so far is dispel CM's claim and then release the contract for the world to see.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by sexylassie2(f): 5:58pm On May 26, 2020
AristocraticMe:
Sorry for Oga.... so sorry for that.

We are saying the same thing, the company will take their 50% back right ? That is to say, it is a 50/50 percent contribution....
Remember something. It is the artist that writes, perform on stage, record and do so many other thing. Why will the record label want to take ownership of the ALBUM since it was a 50/50 percent contribution.... to me i see it as taking advantage of a hungry artist, not just Cynthia Morgan alone.

If you read further, she didn't contribute one naira to the lebel, the lebel, the lebel sponsored everything because she had no financial backing.

Since the lebel had to make their money back, they demanded 50% on every thing she does, taking her album too because in the future, it might be worth more, if she had brought her own 50%, she won't have had her own power to direct her contract.
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by TemmyT002(m): 5:58pm On May 26, 2020
Joshmodest:
I've said this several times ....
Nigeria lacks a formal record label pattern, all we have here are sponsors scamming artists in the name of helping them. Most of these artists have unrealistic and outrageous contracts they carry about , all in the name of trying to blow , and end up being at the mercy of the sponsors e.g brymo , Runtown and kiss Daniel ..
Cynthia remains my all time fave dancehall artist in Nigeria ,her song with stonebwoy is a classic !!

Were they forced to sign contracts?
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by iPOOPinURmouth: 5:59pm On May 26, 2020
weather she lied o or not. almighty satan has picked her call

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Bares Nipples In 'Dis Love' Music Video With DJ Spinall & Wizkid / Angelina Jolie(miss Thing) Or Halle Berry( Black Barbie) / Tonto Dikeh Names Male Contacts On Her Phone Based On Their Private Organ (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.