Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,853 members, 7,851,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) (77579 Views)

“So Cynthia Morgan Lied?” Nigerians React To Cynthia Morgan’s Contract With Jude / Landlord Takes Cynthia Morgan To Court Over Unpaid Rent, Tax Evasion / Cynthia Morgan Aka Madrina Is Back On Instagram With Adorable Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by apexx6554: 5:26pm On May 26, 2020
[color=#] 3766733[/color]
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by IDFWU(m): 5:27pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:

Sauce link?

Source you mean?
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by prophetfire: 5:29pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
It's obvious jude is a user why would an upcoming artist pay 50% of her production among other things you still had the gut to say the profit should be 50%50 like seriously boy ? If you're not paying for the cost of production as a company then don't bring the 50/50 deal on the table he wanted to kill her career thanks to the creator she's back on her feet and she's currently the no.1 artist trending in Africa without releasing a single yet so jude can go back to where he belong THE STREETS.....He blocked me on Instagram cause I curse am no be small cheesy grin grin
And U are bragging about cursing somebody that does not even know if U exist over a matter that does not concern U.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by engrelvis(m): 5:30pm On May 26, 2020
Joshmodest:
I've said this several times ....
Nigeria lacks a formal record label pattern, all we have here are sponsors scamming artists in the name of helping them. Most of these artists have unrealistic and outrageous contracts they carry about , all in the name of trying to blow , and end up being at the mercy of the sponsors e.g brymo , Runtown and kiss Daniel ..
Cynthia remains my all time fave dancehall artist in Nigeria ,her song with stonebwoy is a classic !!
I really had high hope for dis girl
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by apexx9287: 5:30pm On May 26, 2020
[color=#] 2145260[/color]
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by mindtricks: 5:30pm On May 26, 2020
Davash222:

Wait, Gofundme was raised on her behalf Are Nigerians that gullible?

Yes we (Nigerians) are.
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Sanchez01: 5:30pm On May 26, 2020
skyhighweb:
bros the contract no even make sense its like saying u can eat that meat but dont swallow
It makes sense, bros. I find musical contracts fascinating and even had to compare this with Kizz Daniel's. The difference is not only clear but huge. What Northside had with Cynthia Morgan was more like a partnership; a 50-50 venture which is crazy good.

All she needed was her own part of the money when campaigns, and productions came calling. That of Kizz Daniel saw the label pay him N30,000 (thirty thousand Naira ONLY) monthly while they 'recoup' what they spent on his head.

Northside stated that the only time it reserved the right to use Cynthia Morgan's name is when they want to promote her materials and that she must approve. That isn't stripping her of the name.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 26, 2020
The contract was signed when CM was nothing and this is a standard contract for an upcoming artist. Reason being that you cannot tell whether the artist will blow. The risk is on the record label. And that risk had to be catered for. Cuz if the artist does not blow, who loses?

I would have structured the contract this way also. After the initial term, if artist done blow, good business. Record label would have made money on the gamble, artist becomes famous and can then choose how to move from then on. Also note that CM and her manager was the author.

AristocraticMe:
Please read the COST section..... Number 3....
Record label are thieves i mean big thieves...... read the more than once and you will get the message. They are evil.

Let me break it down. They say the Record Label will pay for 50% production cost, and artist 50% production. It was also stated there that it is known that the artist dont have the money to pay so they will pay their own 50% cost from Gross profit........ how will the artist take care of him or herself..... that is why most of them want to leave as soon as possible.

JUDE is crook, i watch his interview with Tunde Ednut, he is lieing.

Just because you are old and does not mean you have sense. He is senseless

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Roseey0(f): 5:30pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
It's obvious jude is a user why would an upcoming artist pay 50% of her production among other things you still had the gut to say the profit should be 50%50 like seriously boy ? If you're not paying for the cost of production as a company then don't bring the 50/50 deal on the table he wanted to kill her career thanks to the creator she's back on her feet and she's currently the no.1 artist trending in Africa without releasing a single yet so jude can go back to where he belong THE STREETS.....He blocked me on Instagram cause I curse am no be small cheesy grin grin

But she signed it.

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by jrusky(m): 5:32pm On May 26, 2020
Going through this contract I noticed something is not right, I noticed *greed contract clause* or I called *career slavery contract* by seen sharing profit 50/50 for upcoming artist that clause is a complete dream killing contract clause.

I don't know Cynthia infact I'm hearing of her for the first time 2 days ago and Jude himself I only know he existed when Paul and Peter career began and lately about the marital fracas between his 2 siblings that was all.

Whatever happened let both put all behind and move on. MayD also dropped his unhapoiness with same Jude so let us not be too emotion as per things if few people speak ill of someone pls check that person life well possibly something not right somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by sexylassie2(f): 5:32pm On May 26, 2020
AristocraticMe:
Same thing i said.... He is a thief..... the artist and the record label contributed 50/50 to the production, video and promotion of the artist and now you say you OWN the master copy of the artist songs.... that is stealing and it is gross...... well i dont blame the artist most time, most of them just want to sing and release album without reading the contract.....
MAY D was smart though.

The artist didn't contribute anything, the lebel paid for everything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by SKGtalkof9jaboi: 5:32pm On May 26, 2020
Davash222:
Are we still on this matter
Cynthia Morgan and Jude should please go sidan!!
your type are the one that was crucifying Jude b4 now, u have seen the truth u want to claim you're not concern.

5 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by GEEBITE: 5:33pm On May 26, 2020
You are very knowledgeable of the industry of brand marketing.Those supporting her are just being emotional and sentimental.
nextstep:

Granted, this contract favors the company more than the artist, but that's what people mean by "pay your dues". She needs to hustle and really blow before she can start seeing real money. Second or third contract is always sweeter, with experience and more leverage. It's the same in any part of the world, whether movies, music, engineering, etc. Most entrepreneurs who seek venture capital barely break even on their first deal. There's a small profit on the second, then a larger payout on the third, and soon they are the ones calling the shots.

As lawyer mentioned yesterday - all the upfront costs are being borne by the Company. 100%. She's basically taking a loan on 50% of the costs of production and promotion, and needs to pay those back before she starts seeing royalties. And I've seen her video sets, they are expensive, albeit very creative and imaginative.

She's not the first, and could have asked for advice from others who have walked this same path. She assumed she could really blow quick, perhaps leverage some feuds to boost her, but reality has hit her hard.

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by stabilizer: 5:33pm On May 26, 2020
Life is like a game(playing card)... Every new day is like opening of a new card, Sometimes you can pick 2,3 or general market which may occur consecutively until when you the table turns and you start picking favorably cards. The irony of it all is that no matter how much you pick 2, 3 or general market, it doesnt mean you cant win unless you give up. Giving up is the mother of all Bleep ups

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Danniedpastor(m): 5:33pm On May 26, 2020
Usmanusmanola:
Yea thats me
After we've make a deal,
What I'll do for you is that ill create YouTube channel for you,
I'll verify the YouTube channel,
I'll create a google AdSense account where you'll receive revenue for you,
I'll link the YouTube channel and Google AdSense together,
I'll set up the channel with SEO optimization,
I'll create Logo for your channel,
I'll create intro video for your channel,
I'll create Banner art to set up your channel,
I'll also teach you professional video editing on mobile phone which you are going to be using to create your video content
And finally I'll teach you how to use the channel to make money..

Bro, I'm interested o
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by GlenChestnut: 5:33pm On May 26, 2020
This is one of the best response to a slowpoke like Millenniumlady
kissGuys:
Are u not a fool.. I hate Nigerians with every fiber in me...

Read.. U no go read!!

Nah to run enter comment section like a retired ashawo on heat begin comment trash...
The contract states that its to fund 100% of all the expense of an upcoming artiste... Still it will only retain 50% of the gross profit!!

Jude is more than generous..!!!

Shaa.. Nah woman u be.. U cant think more than a mirrow and an eye lash!!..

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by mindtricks: 5:34pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:

Cursing? Anybody whether sane or mad will definitely block you for cursing. Its an indecent way of communicating, doesn't tell good of you.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Sanchez01: 5:34pm On May 26, 2020
jaxxy:

She has debts to pay. Let her raise as much as she can. There no doubt shes talents bt dad attitude got the best of her just like burna boy once upon a time faded into oblivion cos of attitude. Hopefully her great talent brings her back like odogwu. Lol
The dollar currently trades at N461 at the black market.

461x150000 will give us N69,150,000 (N69 million)

We all have bills to pay and I'm sure upcoming acts don't need as much as N70m to get recognition in the music industry.
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Sterope(f): 5:35pm On May 26, 2020
LMAO
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by OgbeniSamm(m): 5:35pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:

Tell your friend, Cynthia Morgan, to always tell the whole truth next time. grin

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:35pm On May 26, 2020
BuddhaPalm:
The contract states since she had no money, they'll front the initial 100%, then deduct their 50% from gross.
And of course they still get 50% of profits.

nextstep:
She effectively took a loan: she needed to go half on production costs, but could not bring the money, hence they fronted 100%. Note they didn't even charge her interest on her half (as a bank or other lender would).
After she has paid off the loan, then she can share half the profits. It's pretty straightforward, and not overly aggressive. Nobody makes big on their first signing contract, because they have no freakin leverage at the beginning.

the contract clearly stipulates that the record label will pay upfront the 100% of the cost of video and that they will recoup the 50% (that she owes them) from her gross earning, so the above "loan" you are talking about is either A DAMN LIE or a trick they played on her clueless self.
furthermore...brotha Jude says he paid for the full video and wants to be repaid in full, while the contract clearly stipulated he should only get 50% of the cost of the video production.... and thereafter, 50% of all her royalties.
the contract ALSO clearly stipulates that at the end of the said contract, if the record label hasnt recouped its investment then they should ONLY get 50% of her royalties. so i still dont understand where the problem as to why her vevo account was hijacked and some people are claiming she owes them 40M.

That's why you need to be humble, work hard, have staying power, and grow smart - not feuding with people up and down while displaying unwarranted arrogance.

there is a huge difference between being humble AND being taken for a ride... any smart person can understand that.
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by BigIyanga: 5:36pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Typical Naija with emotions but hollow on logic and facts. Read the freaking contract and nobody is forcing u to sign.
What was contribution in producing, marketing, releasing her song? None. Label paid for everything and now she’s a victim?

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by GEEBITE: 5:36pm On May 26, 2020
Please can you tell us what the ideal sharing formula should be between a label and an artist.Please research what Wizkid got from EME,something like 25% or next to zero after expenses.
jrusky:
Going through this contract I noticed something is not right, I noticed *greed contract clause* or I called *career slavery contract* by seen sharing profit 50/50 for upcoming artist that clause is a complete dream killing contract clause.

I don't know Cynthia infact I'm hearing of her for the first time 2 days ago and Jude himself I only know he existed when Paul and Peter career began and lately about the marital fracas between his 2 siblings that was all.

Whatever happened let both put all behind and move on. MayD also dropped his unhapoiness with same Jude so let us not be too emotion as per things if few people speak ill of someone pls check that person life well possibly something not right somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by AristocraticMe: 5:36pm On May 26, 2020
georgeiyke009:
The contract was signed when CM was nothing and this is a standard contract for an upcoming artist. Reason being that you cannot tell whether the artist will blow. The risk is on the record label. And that risk had to be catered for. Cuz if the artist does not blow, who loses?

I would have structured the contract this way also. After the initial term, if artist done blow, good business. Record label would have made money on the gamble, artist becomes famous and can then choose how to move from then on. Also note that CM and her manager was the author.

Bros Business is a risk. If it works , it works, if it does not work... so be it.......No business is 100% success proof.
So artist will rehearse, perform, do voice training and record. do you think it is easy...... Do you know the mental stress involve ? so a record label just contribute 50% and want to take ownership of the artist's ALBUM... that is wrong.

Who told you they were the Author ? so they just bring contract to Jude and he sign ? reason the matter yourself........ if that is what Jude said then he is lying. I lost my respect for the guy the moment i watched his video with Tunde.... he is an AGBAYA.

There is a saying and it will never change. (THE RICH WILL always take advantage of the poor, the wise will also take advantage of the ignorant same also the strong will always want to suppress the weak).... we can not change it. We as individuals we just need to pray God for success and pursue wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by sexylassie2(f): 5:37pm On May 26, 2020
Sanchez01:

The dollar currently trades at N461 at the black market.

461x150000 will give us N69,150,000

We all have bills to pay and I'm sure upcoming acts don't need as much as N70m to get recognition in the music industry.

Reality is that person who set up the go fund me, want to make money too. Don't be deceived.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 26, 2020
brainpulse:
Obviously she doesn't want to tell us what really happened.

With her nonsense songs without no hit and Jude buying her a Range and building house for her mother for no reasons. Seems Jude is no longer interested in sleeping with her and no money coming her way, she decided to frame up lies
It's very obvious Jude have or had a soft spot for her from his interview.

I have always seen that Jude as a bad guy but in this case, we should spare him.

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 5:37pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Boy i'm better than you because what I've achieve right now in my early twenties you can't come close to that in your late 50s.

Davash222 say no more grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by awoo47: 5:37pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Boy i'm better than you because what I've achieve right now in my early twenties you can't come close to that in your late 50s.
do u even knw him??

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by NNAMDIII(m): 5:37pm On May 26, 2020
Davash222:

Don't go and be useful to yourself and your community.. Be going online insulting and cursing people that are 100 times better than you. Embrace sense, ancient lady.
send ur aza, lemme put small change for u because of this post grin

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by SKGtalkof9jaboi: 5:38pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
are u kidding me hypocrite, no Jude for no collect anything from her at all since na father chrismas him be, this is the kind of contract every artist is begging to have ask others artist they'll tell u, 70 for the label and 30 for the artist..wicked pple can't say the truth...did dey jazz her b4 signed? How do u want to justify her shenanigans? Sentiment all over u.

6 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:

The Nigerian music industry is brutal, ask any artiste if u have the opportunity, tuface worked like a slave with kennis music, banky exploited wizzy....until u break free...you can’t get more than 20-30% of what you are making for them..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Bares Nipples In 'Dis Love' Music Video With DJ Spinall & Wizkid / Angelina Jolie(miss Thing) Or Halle Berry( Black Barbie) / Tonto Dikeh Names Male Contacts On Her Phone Based On Their Private Organ (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.