Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe (17282 Views)

No Fresh Probe Of Adesina - AfDB Board Rules / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe / No Decision Yet On Two-month Free Electricity – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by rummmy: 9:02am On May 29, 2020
allthingsgood:

No she is from Delta State, not Igbo. Pls don't confuse yourself. Delta is in South South, not South East!
which year did you start using the word south south?go back to class, use your compass, (assuming you did geography )show me where is south south.. It is easier for buhari not to be Fulani than Ngozi not to be igbo....
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by jaxxy(m): 9:02am On May 29, 2020
No reason for that.
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Exc2000: 9:04am On May 29, 2020
rummmy:
you have to sort your own problems first.
We will be better without you.

what stops you from being better now, afterall Buhari and NPA had odered the open of eastern ports for anyone who wants to do business?

and all facts i posted about GDP, IGR and all other economic metrics are online for you.. even Ogun IGR and that of Oyo would conviniently buy off Ibo land
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Gerrard59(m): 9:04am On May 29, 2020
jrusky:
Im still studying what the hell is going on with this AfDB issue because I still dont understand why is US now playing police, boss and judgement on Africa Development bank?

Can any Africa country demand for probe into European Union Central Bank affairs? Or can EU demand probe into how America runs their treasury or viice versa

Demark, Sweden, France etc that said it is US right to probe what belong to Africa are they mad or what This is an insult and a slap to Africa as a nation.

Enough is Enough of all these nonsense.

That is the result when someone is poor. Those countries have their monies in the bank and have every right to question those at the helms of affairs. If you don't like it, don't accept their monies.
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by OKTolu: 9:07am On May 29, 2020
Time will tell......
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by rummmy: 9:09am On May 29, 2020
Exc2000:

what stops you from being better now, afterall Buhari and NPA had odered the open of eastern ports for anyone who wants to do business?

and all facts i posted about GDP, IGR and all other economic metrics are online for you.. even Ogun IGR and that of Oyo would conviniently buy off Ibo land
the same igboland that few people came from and buy over Lagos.
Why not use your fake IGR and reclaim Lagos first.
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Exc2000: 9:11am On May 29, 2020
rummmy:
the same igboland that few people came from and buy over Lagos.
Why not use your fake IGR and reclaim Lagos first.

show us substantial proof to alude to your claim on owning any land in lagos.... same ibos that are not issued CofO and live on the mercy of omo onile

Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Hoephase: 9:29am On May 29, 2020
Exc2000:
blaming Chinese for Tanzanian stupidity is unfair, Tanzania has no economic plans for port being built, untop of that they also have no tangible collateral , so the only seciurity the chinese get for their loan is simply to build the Ports and manage it themselves, recoup their investment and transfer the infrastructure to Tazania this is smart and win win for both countries

Chinese loans allowing terms of agreement to favour chinese contractors and expertrate is also a smart move, why borrow from them and move wuropean contractors on site to milk the project? point remains do they deliver standard project at lower cost than what Julius berger would charge? the answer is yes

if Nigeria has no right to concern itself with corruption in US or China both has no right to interfere in our National affiars as long as all loan are folowed to the
ast full stop

If China where bad as you claimed, highest part of US debt wouldnt be held by the same Chinese they are demonizing

as for illegal minners littering Nigeria, this has nothing to do with the loan, but more with our immigration laws, CCECC chinese consortium handles most of their projects, and Nigerian Government only issues their staffs work permit Visa, all countries issuing work permit have mechanism to enforce such visa, but Nigeria dont bother, again you can get simple visiting visa into nigeria and start working without any question, when ever you are going back you aint stopped and charge for overstaying Visa ... so why blame them

Nigeria needs all the loan we can get at lowest interest like what chines are offering for infrastructurer development.. we dont need west telling us what to do and how to do it

Chinese loan and terms of agreement with the US can never be the same as their agreement with African countries. I am sure you will agree with me to a large extend that the terms of agreement depends on the balance of power among the partners.

As at today most African countries do not have the cloat to extract favorable deal from any lender. China being a prime example of predatory lender has capitalized on that to sale African the worse deal they could ever imagine.

You talked about quality of Chinese work, I don't even what to go into that. I know the Chinese do quality work when tasked for it for instance the products the produce for the west are of good quality. Just because the west have regulations.

I know at this point you would argue why we should blame the Chinese for the failings of our system? My answer to that is this: the west is one of the country where people take to the street to call their leaders to other and condemn them for their ethical business practices in Africa. Do you think anyone in China is going to take to the street and protest against the Chinese government by asking to be fair to the "monkeys" across the otherside of the globe?

As for the Tanzania deal you remember I said from a purely business sense your position on whom to blame is apt but from humanitarian perspective business is not just about winners and losers it is also about the moral implications of your actions. You know there is a reason bank get punished for lending to someone whom the bank knows isn't capable of paying back?

Our immigration law are non existence how many western citizens have been caught mining illegally in Nigeria? It is about the moral value of the people you do business with that matters.

We are being given back Abacha "funds" because it ended in the West do you think we will ever hear of it had ended up in the east?

The east has no regards for human value more especially for the African continent as such doing business with them will hurt us more in the long run than the extra cost of borrowing elsewhere.

When it comes to human right Chinese score low at all level and you think this same set of people actually have your best interests at heart ( I am not saying the west does but the west operate a system that allows people even Africans to voice out their displeasure and to a large extend get some supports from the citizens. That can never be said of the Chinese).

Tell me one country where China is actually at the forefront of supporting the cause of the oppressed? Rather they are entrenched in countries with dictatorial stlye of leadership where the leaders will take any contract given to them by China without questions asked knowing that this corrupt leaders are desperate for cash to stay afloat being cut off by country with reasonable sets of morals.

Sorry I am all over the place. Will edit later have to go now. Stay safe bro and hope to read your great insight later.

1 Like

Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by rummmy: 9:32am On May 29, 2020
Exc2000:

show us substantial proof to alude to your claim on owning any land in lagos.... same ibos that are not issued CofO and live on the mercy of omo onile

E pains to be paying a so called stranger house rent but you can help it.... One of us is even representing your so call land in Lagos state house of assembly..
https://www.legit.ng/1333717-top-10-africas-populous-ethnic-groups-igbo-number-2.html?fbclid=IwAR2728OGJo6EojVO0jYjhnxRCdNfh3IQfs2miOMVlbQmgzGkg4iZiI4p13M also go tru this link so that your HBP and pains will increase..the link shows that your claimed population, IGR, GDP are all fakes. ... Deal with it well.
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Susu888(m): 10:08am On May 29, 2020
Hoephase:

If he was Igbo fools like you would have supported his oppressors.

Is it not on this same NL that you children of anger were spewing your guts on the CEO of peace airline matter.

Abeg face front.

* Abeg no be by sentiments we are backing adesina its because he was investigated nd nothing was found by the bank's own ethics committee!!

* Calls by the U.S for independent investigation is against bank's laid down procedures/protocols, as it undermines the bank and calls its ethic committee a farse/quack/biased.

* Allen Onyeamma :

1- BROKE U.S MONEY LAUNDRY LAWS! FACT#

2- THE CAPITAL FOR HIS AIRLINES HAS BEEN TRACED BACKED TO MONEY ILLEGALLY GOTTEN FROM THE NDDC.
Fact#

3- HE IS ACCUSED OF BEING A FRONT FOR PATIENCE/GEJ. Allegation#

4- HE HAD NO KNOWN SOURCE OF WEALTH BEFORE 2013 WHEN HE FOUNDED AIR PEACE. Fact #

So abeg make you FACE BACK undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by SIRTee15: 10:11am On May 29, 2020
Hoephase:

Did you read the news of what is going on in Tanzania with the deal China signed with them?

China isn't asking anyone to open their border because with Chinese loan China gets access to and control the very port in question ( taking Tanzania as an example) in which case there is no need to ask for open border because they are the border "police".

Have you asked yourself how it is possible for us to have had several cases of Chinese "illegal" miners littered all over Nigeria?

Because all th deals we signed with China as a caveat that says Chinese will produce a certain percentage of the manpower needed to excite the project. This does not only give them the opportunity to repatriate a huge percentage of the money being loaned you it also allows them easy access within the country.

As per China not getting into our affairs the answer to that is obvious. China know that the more rot in the system the bigger their pay day.

The only way most of the deals China has in Africa was even possible was as a result of the corrupt system we have.

Have you heard of Chinese government investigations of claims of corruption being perpetrated by Chinese companies out here? Of course it was before our very own eyes that we witness the investigation of Halliburton and Siemens.

I personally prefer africa looks towards china than west for business....
We just need to resolute n firm with them....
Chinese are ruthless but they lack the institutional capacity to bully or sanction u....
If u stand your ground...they will bend or leave anyway....

The truth is the west don't understand Africa, despite dealing with us for 50 years....
And they don't want to understand...
Also their interest in Africa is more or less directed towards social responsibility n aids....

What africa need is investment, trade n manufacturing capability.....
Look at the list above n tell me in the current global dispensation....
Who can deliver btw China n western nation...

I think we need to be pragmatic in finding ways to solve our problem....we shouldn't attach too much emotion to our development....

West always insist establishment of independent democratic institution is a pre requisite to development....
But China has made it clear economic development n entrenchment of democratic institution can happen simultaneously without impeding on the other....
This is the truth west has hidden from us for years.....
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Vulcan24(m): 10:14am On May 29, 2020
this Afdb that always put out vacancy and don't conclude it

their work is too shrouded.... maybe it's time we know their mandate
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by chewwie(m): 10:15am On May 29, 2020
Olominira:
I personally see this US probe as an insult on Africans. Trump Admin for that matter, a racist bigot, visionless, arrogant and largely unintelligent fellow who talks and tweet without common sense.

Let everyone know today that Trump met USA as a Powerful and strong economy nation but would be leaving the country as a hopeless, powerless, and visionless nation.

Normally, he's supposed to commit suicide for a nation like America loosing over 100k souls to a virus. Yet, he has the gut to ask for investigation of someone who has done extremely well in managing what has committed to him. No one in the history Trump generations has ever achieved what Adesina has achieved.
Stop talking nonsense, Trump met the USA in shambles, he built it back up, then China sent their little present.
He'll win reelection certainly.
And Trump is not to blame for the 100,000 deaths, the individual state governments are to blame because each state controlled their own response. Florida was predicted to have the highest mortality because they have the most elderly population, but the Republican governor tackled with sense and saved his people. Now take New York, as late as March, the governor, a Democrat, was assuring his people to go about their normal lives, take the subway, go see a movie, blah blah aand he demanded that nursing homes take in covid positive people which led to a massive spread, more than 1/3 of all American covid deaths are in New York and a majority are in nursing homes. And it's the same across most Democrat controlled States.

1 Like

Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by WaleFoto(m): 10:19am On May 29, 2020
jrusky:
Im still studying what the hell is going on with this AfDB issue because I still dont understand why is US now playing police, boss and judgement on Africa Development bank?

Can any Africa country demand for probe into European Union Central Bank affairs? Or can EU demand probe into how America runs their treasury or viice versa

Demark, Sweden, France etc that said it is US right to probe what belong to Africa are they mad or what This is an insult and a slap to Africa as a nation.

Enough is Enough of all these nonsense.

ok, I will try to explain this succinctly. There are 2 components of the Afdb, which are the regional components (the Africans) and the non regional components (outside Africa). Now the non regional components that makes up the USA and rest of the West is a shareholder of 28% of Afdb.
The USA is also a major donor to the Afdb in billions of dollars annually, which gives them every right to ask for a probe because they are a major stakeholder of the Afdb.
All 54 African countries make up 60% of the Afdb while non African countries make up 40%.
Nigeria is the largest shareholder of the Afdb. Nigeria has 33% shareholding which should supposedly make us the soul and life of the Afdb.
if Nigeria should pull out, the Afdb is gone but I believe this matter can be settled diplomatically.

1 Like

Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Susu888(m): 10:22am On May 29, 2020
SIRTee15:

Chinese are ruthless but they lack the institutional capacity to bully or sanction u....

The truth is the west don't understand Africa, despite dealing with us for 50 years....
Also their interest in Africa is more or less directed towards social responsibility n aids....

I think we need to be pragmatic in finding ways to solve our problem....we shouldn't attach too much emotion to our development....

West always insist establishment of independent democratic institution is a pre requisite to development....
But China has made it clear economic development n entrenchment of democratic institution can happen simultaneously without impeding on the other....

* I agree with you that china best serves our interests as they provide loans md wht not which the west will not provide. However make no mistake its not out of the kindness of their heart! They are aiming to own us with these loans because they believe we won't be able to pay back! Tanzania, Djibouti, Angola are a few examples.

* Saying that china will beand or leave means you don't know china at all. Kindly read more about their dealings.

If china was in the place of U.S in the AFDB it would have owned it by now! They are more ruthless and greedier than the U.S.

There is no comparison!

Its just that for now china suits our own interests, if we play our cards right we will be able to stand on our feet but if we eff up china will enslave us.
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by adelaja70(m): 10:25am On May 29, 2020
Exc2000:

ABEG IGNORE THAT FOOL. MC OLUOMO GO SOON REASON THEIR MATTER.

1 Like

Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by MadamExcellency: 10:27am On May 29, 2020
emkz:

[s]
Adesina's problem is with Steve Dowd, the US Executive Director of AfDB, who felt he is being undermined by Adesina's leadership style of promoting African interest ahead of US'.

Now, it is against the bank rules for whistleblowers, who are obviously insiders, to publicise their allegations and they need to be disciplined. It is also against the bank rules for any shareholder to call for an independent probe (that is why there is a board of governors). When this is over, the whistleblowers need to be rounded up and dismissed. Also, the US Executive Director needs to resign and Africans need to review and enforce conditions for partnerships in future.

If Africa cannot control the AfDB, it is best to close it. If that bank becomes insolvent because African leaders fail to honour the loan obligations and the US or China bails us out, we are done. [/s]

You mean AfDB is former USSR or China where you criminalise legitimate question.

Is probe a bad thing. He isn't required to step down. The board will definitely appoint the Independent Arbiter failure may lead to AfDB collapse. The foreign lenders will pull out and majority of those African countries will have a bad view of Nigeria leadership of the Bank hence facilitating the bank collapse.
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Olominira(m): 10:29am On May 29, 2020
[s]
chewwie:

Stop talking nonsense, Trump met the USA in shambles, he built it back up, then China sent their little present.
He'll win reelection certainly.
And Trump is not to blame for the 100,000 deaths, the individual state governments are to blame because each state controlled their own response. Florida was predicted to have the highest mortality because they have the most elderly population, but the Republican governor tackled with sense and saved his people. Now take New York, as late as March, the governor, a Democrat, was assuring his people to go about their normal lives, take the subway, go see a movie, blah blah aand he demanded that nursing homes take in covid positive people which led to a massive spread, more than 1/3 of all American covid deaths are in New York and a majority are in nursing homes. And it's the same across most Democrat controlled States.
[/s]
Rubbish, if it's Buhari It'd be different
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Olominira(m): 10:31am On May 29, 2020
MadamExcellency:

You mean AfDB is former USSR or China where you criminalise legitimate question.

Is probe a bad thing. He isn't required to step down. The board will definitely appoint the Independent Arbiter failure may lead to AfDB collapse. The foreign lenders will pull out and majority of those African countries will have a bad view of Nigeria leadership of the Bank hence facilitating the bank collapse.
Normally, I would have agreed with you but a call from character like Trump is a big insult.
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Yankee101: 10:43am On May 29, 2020
Obasanjo letter
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by MadamExcellency: 10:45am On May 29, 2020
Olominira:

Normally, I would have agreed with you but a call from character like Trump is a big insult.

Trump is under constant internal and independent probes in USA. Who then is Adesina? If Trump can survive independent probe in USA then why should we be in fear that Adesina will also survive.

You view of Trump in this matter is inconsequential because he is the one constituting the probe panel
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by BEEFIE: 11:27am On May 29, 2020
Jakemedg:
Okay but be sincere to yourself which country favours Nigerians Africans ,blacks more?
Blacks /Africans are doing well in the US but that can't be said of China
China is just getting developed. they're for business they're just opening up for immigration. going to the USA guarantee nothing

1 Like

Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Nobody: 11:29am On May 29, 2020
MadamExcellency:

Firstly, it is only an irrational and unenlightened person or unexposed youth and social media lazy boys that will modify or rule over a contribution made by another person when making reference to that contribution. This is an intelligent discussion. It is not for Davido or Emoney or hushpupi discussants.

The Board have rules. No VETO power is given to any country in the board. TRUMP unilaterally moved Israeli Capital from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem against many UN resolutions. US and other non regional members have 40% share. Africa has 60%. The board have rules. The US is intimidated by Adesina's profile which has made him the only candidate for second tenure against US wish. US plans to sponsor a candidate, but the candidate may fail.

The US cannot claim the outcome of earlier probe by ethics committee is unacceptable. Any probe that does not give a predetermined outcome is unacceptable to US. They can withdraw from AFDB, European investors will never join them. I know EU is not happy with Nigeria over the signing of EPA which made most ECOWAS countries to refuse to sign the document, they will never withdraw. China is waiting for US to withdraw.

The US cannot constitute a probe panel or determine the composition of a probe panel and cannot determine the outcome of the probe.
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Jakemedg(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2020
BEEFIE:

China is just getting developed. they're for business they're just opening up for immigration. going to the USA guarantee nothing
When will a black become a parliament member in china
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by allthingsgood: 11:48am On May 29, 2020
[s]
rummmy:
which year did you start using the word south south?go back to class, use your compass, (assuming you did geography )show me where is south south.. It is easier for buhari not to be Fulani than Ngozi not to be igbo....
[/s]

wtf is this one saying
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by omonnakoda: 11:57am On May 29, 2020
Jakemedg:
Are there black Chinese people?
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Jakemedg(m): 11:59am On May 29, 2020
omonnakoda:
ofcourse there are no black chinese people
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Jakemedg(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2020
omonnakoda:
China need to be more liberal
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by omonnakoda: 12:10pm On May 29, 2020
Jakemedg:
what has that got to do with my question?
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by omonnakoda: 12:11pm On May 29, 2020
Jakemedg:
what does liberal mean and why do they need it?
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by Hoephase: 12:51pm On May 29, 2020
SIRTee15:

Your points are apt but I think you are over stretching the truth by saying that China has shown the world that development and democratic institution can happen simultaneously. There is no democracy as we know it in China. China has made it know that democracy isn't their cup of tea, do I appreciate their "honesty" about that yes I do.

Do I think that in a saner clime where politicians are held accountable that what is best for such a state is to borrow from China? Of course I do ( the west are indebted to China but the west has an inbuilt mechanism of checking not just the excesses of China but ensuring that whatever deal they strike with China is in the interest of their people). China don't play by the books the more rotten a system is the better for China.

Let me paint a picture of my concerns. All the dirt and not so good deal Nigeria struck with the west eventually become a matter of public knowledge. These deals are made public not my Nigerians or Nigerian government but citizens of the west for instance Halliburton scandal was blown open by the western media. We got to know of most of looted treasure thanks to the west.

Do you believe that Chinese people will in this life time blown open the rot going on between China and corrupt politicians in Africa that signed away our future just for a kick back?

I don't know if you read in between lines the message that came out from the ongoing investigation about the treatment of Nigerians in China. That was pathetic.

I for one sees the involvement of the west as a way of curbing the excess of our corrupt politicians. North Korean is being shield by China imagine how bad our country would have been( given how fantastically corrupt our politicians are) if the west turn a blind eye just like China is doing wherever they go.

I detest Obama for his interference in the BBOG saga but if not for their involvement many of us wouldnt have known what went down in Chibok. if I may ask where was the Chinese in all of this?

Do you think that the Chinese will ever call out any of our thieving politicians of course not. But because of the involvement of the west we have been able to call them out.

If not for the west people like Sowore will be sent to camp for brainwashing and re-education and nothing someone like you and I would say about it and believe me China won't even bother.

In fact if China would have its way the day you try to complain about our corrupt politicians over the phone your call will be disconnected. grin

Whom did you think was engineering your senators to pass the hate speech act and where did you think they got their playbook from?
Re: AfDB Board Denies Asking Adesina To Resign, Says No Decision Yet On Fresh Probe by BEEFIE: 1:02pm On May 29, 2020
Jakemedg:

let start with Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crisis Hits Adamawa APC As Stakeholders Agree To Drop Binani For Ribadu / Nigeria Finally Decides Not To Borrow From IMF / Ngige: President Buhari Initiating Dialogue With South-East Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.