Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) (69759 Views)

Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) / Ibrahim Babangida And David Mark Pictured Together Amid Death Rumour / Aisha Buhari: Garba Shehu And Mamman Daura Undermining Office Of The First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Memphis357(m): 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
He still kill am las las
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by AhoadaRivers: 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
LifeChoices:

Pigidiottt! angry

E pain am! grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by gozzlin: 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
The very same Vatsa he murdered on account of trumped up charges of involvement in a coup d'etat.

7 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Yabatechspecial: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
sarrki:
Then major Ibrahim babangida and major mamman vatsa on March 21 1969, in okigwe (in present day imo )
And that's why OBJ stopped his presidential ambition.
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by oruma19: 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
sarrki:

Is it not better than sacrificing millions because of ego and chest beating?
cowards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Inhabitable1(m): 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
Exc2000:

Thread is about two Northerners taking a pics in imo state

and somehow you had to bring yoruba into it

the news headline might literarily read Donald Trump and Joe biden to have a debate, and the next thing an IPIG would comment is about Yoruba muslim

this una tribalism and inferiority complex na follow come, no wonder everyone keeps you marginalised

Please who is marginalizing who? how can you be marginalizing people who is far better than you? My friend go and hustle, mek u no go dey use marginalization dey deceive ur self.

6 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Ishilove: 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
ITbomb:
How the thread quickly degraded to tribal level doesn't shock me any more
It never ceases shocking me

4 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Exc2000: 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
Inhabitable1:
Please who is marginalizing who? how can you be marginalizing people who is far better than you? My friend go and hustle, mek u no go dey use marginalization dey deceive ur self.

grin

poorest region of southern nigeria sef dey talk, region without a single working airport or seaport, no forbes list billionaire, no referendum since 50 years after we conquered you... poverty capital of southern nigeria

only chesbeating... ordinary southern cameroun fought and got independence in little less than 2 years, your own coward leaders have being making mouth for 50+ years and chestbeating, with python dance chasing them out like cowards

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by AhoadaRivers: 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
sarrki:

We saw how you yorubas sophisticatedly refused to 'sacrifice', and now have huge emirates run by strangers all over their lands.

Maybe if yorubas understood the meaning of sacrifice, you would have become religiously monolithic by having less yoruba muslims today who are ready to sell off oduduwa to the fulani caliphate. grin

'Oduduwa is phantom nation that will never exist'- Ishaq Akintola (leader of yoruba muslims)

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by alexpumpin: 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
chuxyfranklin:
I'm still trying to figure out the relevance of this post.

Nairaland don dey loose form I swear..

Maybe baba don toe part of covik-1,9
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
JasonScoolari:
.....And exactly 24yrs after, he came up with a popular quote which I still find funny and interesting.

"If i'm sleeping and wake up to hear Yorubas beating the drum of war, i'll go back to sleep" - IBB, 1993.
Hahahahaha Red oil soup people, you mean say na empty drums them dey beat?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by kaleidoscope: 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
They were so close as friends that even Vasta's wife said they used to wear each others clothes sometimes. Many years later when IBB became the head of state via a coup, he accused his close friend, Vasta, of plotting a coup to overthrow him.. An accusation Vasta refuted vehemently till his execution. My guess is that Vasta knew so much about him that he could effortlessly overthrow him. This fear probably led IBB to accuse him of plotting a coup and had him brutally executed. It was so bad that after the execution, he ordered Vasta's body to be consumed by acid, hence leaving no remains for burial.
Moral of this? Be wary of so-called friends. Guard your trust with all jealousy

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Erickymania: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
dododawa1:
Yoruba don't fight but peace and accomodating them
That's what we are known for. We fight war with sense not with ego & chest beating. Despite wasting the lives of millions of biafrans, where did my Yeasthern blodas find themselves in d political sphere of Nigeria today?

14 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Bighead9: 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
sarrki:
Then major Ibrahim babangida and major mamman vatsa on March 21 1969, in okigwe (in present day imo )

That was When they took over our dear land and render all our leaders cowards. The North no try all. Till date, we dey fear them.

6 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Urchman200: 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
sarrki:
what is the meaning of this post ? The idiot's u abuse everyone that have contrary opinion to ur own is now the president I urge u to seat back and enjoy him don't disturb us with irrelevant pictures.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Exc2000: 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
oruma19:
cowards

yeah Ojukwu and Kanu are Cowards

12 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by StagethemTVee: 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
The General who killed his bestman...O bad gan

Check my sig please..your subs needed. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by MENELIIK: 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
ITbomb:
How the thread quickly degraded to tribal level doesn't shock me any more

The Osus came on board!

5 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
sarrki:

Oga na lie, those who fight and run away lives to fight another day, but your people no dey try at all, una liver too dey fall.

6 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by JasonScoolari: 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
Reinaldo:

I am obviously retarded
No wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by BabaRamota1980: 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
Babangida with all his poeer and money ruined his life. This is when he should be enjoying his old age, visiting and doing what Obasanjo, Danjuma, Gowon, and other retired military High Chiefs do. But he cant go visit certain areas in Niger State, they will kill him. He cant visit Yoruba States. He cant visit Igbo states. He cant visit Hausa States. He has been in quarantine before quarantine became trendy and fashionable with colorful face masks of different ankara patterns. The man has been locked up in isolation in his mansion on the hill for 20yrs now, and na so he go die.

People becareful how you do others.

11 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by OKTolu: 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
This is when the going was good between them,the same ibb order his death ......if you know you know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Farki: 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
Power corrupts and turns friends into enemies.

5 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Finnese001: 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
okay
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by redcliff: 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
sarrki:

its better to die courageous than live a coward

6 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Finnese001: 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
sarrki:

PAINMENT

zom.bie just calm down, no be we tell una to vote that vegetable in aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Blitz888(m): 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
Those who plundered the East in a senseless attempt at ethnic cleansing and later turned against themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Operation Crocodile Smile Show Of Force (pics) / Activists Arrested & Beaten At Dunamis Church For Wearing Buhari Must Go Shirts / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.