Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) (69757 Views)

Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) / Ibrahim Babangida And David Mark Pictured Together Amid Death Rumour / Aisha Buhari: Garba Shehu And Mamman Daura Undermining Office Of The First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Reofellar: 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
Inhabitable1:

Lol poorest region in southern Nigeria? Is it what ur forefathers told you? Infact u must be a mumu man, No cap..
It is a fact that the South East generated the least revenue to the National Purse, the records & figures are there.
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by JamisiEwoooo: 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
[s]
Bighead9:

The thing pain this my man well grin grin

[/s]
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by edon21: 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
Sweeetheart:
the sad period JasonScoolari ancestors were persuaded by the Igbo elites to fight shortsighted war

1969 is still the period Ojukwu lied they were winning while his people were dying in millions, very wicked man. I split on his balded head in the grave

Ibori is greater than ojukwu. mumu sb
If you had done some research u would have found out that Nigeria lost Mose soldiers than biafra and that Nigeria used Hunger as a weapon with the support of Britain etc
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by SachaBastien(m): 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
sarrki:

Is it not better than sacrificing millions because of ego and chest beating?
Do not fucking call people who fought a war for almost 3 years chest beaters. Nigeria had British,Russian, Egyptian support and it still stretched for fucking 3 years. Watch your tongue boy.

2 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by edon21: 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
Reofellar:
It is a fact that the South East generated the least revenue to the National Purse, the records & figures are there.
then y is it so hard for ur leaders to leave south east alone to form their own country
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by edon21: 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
SachaBastien:

Do not fucking call people who fought a war for almost 3 years chest beaters. Nigeria had British,Russian, Egyptian support and it still stretched for fucking 3 years. Watch your tongue boy.
Maybe he is Fulani
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Donpenny(m): 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
isthatso:

Because you rather dance Naira Marley and watch Africa magic and Big brother than take control of your future.

These people took control of their futures
You better vent your frustrations on your bitter soul rather venting it on me. This habit of blaming innocent soul for your backwardness won't help you. And for your information i'm not a naira marly's fans, I don't even have time for meaningless music as a Public servant.Am not jobless like u
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
And IBB executed Vatsa for attempted coup against him
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Conrod: 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mr arcive,can you please show us that picture of gen abacha and his friend gen diya in your possesion.please do.
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
And they did this to our once almighty naira

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
DelphiOracle:
why
He was accused of planning a coup.
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
JasonScoolari:
No wahala.

Very funny
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by alaira(m): 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
May the Almighty God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by NybenSBF101(m): 5:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
Sarrki or whatever enjoys religious and tribalist division. Now I know he is truly jobless and needs such arguments to keep him busy
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by agrowell: 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=Generalkaycee post=90337999][/quote]

The drum of war that eventually sent him packing from grace to grass
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by awoluyi(m): 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
Big lesson from the photograph is that "Your trusted friend mighty become more dangerous than your perceived enemy."
Never over trust a friend, as you do not know when envy can set in.

2 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by EncoreTrades(m): 5:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
Join us to night @beverlyfoundation Instagram and win in our pandemic quiz

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Dbeautyy(m): 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
amaks:

Funny but Sometimes i still search for those biscuits in your signature when i go shopping. Lol. Used to love them.

Those biscuits are still been produced, but you may have to visit Kano, I can bet it that those old school biscuits, candy and chewing gum plenty there like water. Speaking from experience
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Arewa1408: 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Taking down my comment won't stop me from expressing myself domi. grin

They always make lots of noise and cause problems and at the end they will run away and leave us to solve the problems.......Gen. Mohammadu Buhari on Nnamdi Kanu.

And in such a cowardly way, if he has done a hitler, we would've thought he is a man of courage. Ojukwu ran away and left this poor people that he has led into suffering.. just left them and now perhaps with the money he has amassed outside... I hope his conscience will allow him to rest.......... Gen. Yakubu Gowon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfAVrh06fA.

2 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Omeizadean(m): 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Memories

Last last he still execute the the guy
How he go dey feel now
Slow worm or what is ur name properly sef? Stop shouting Damnnnnn nigarrr all the time.
Am trying to sleep here.
Isoright.
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
sarrki:

Is it not better than sacrificing millions because of ego and chest beating?

Yet he "stepped aside" for an interim government led by a Yoruba man.
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by wiseoneking: 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=Generalkaycee post=90337999][/quote]Trouble maker. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Ojukwudfugitive: 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
edon21:
then y is it so hard for ur leaders to leave south east alone to form their own country
Why is it hard for your people to start leaving other regions to your landlocked SE region instead of littering in other regions live sheep without a Shepard? You are the only tribe running away from your region to settle in other regions as if they are pursuing you from the SE zone. This same tribe won't allow us to rest on the threat of Biafra. Cowards, South Cameroon fought for just two years and they will be having their country soon, but you have been wasting your time by making noise since 1960s. Your hatred towards others won't allow you to progress. You will remain marginalized in Nigeria till eternity!

1 Like

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
wicked comment, but its true.
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Dangrace01: 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
kaleidoscope:
They were so close as friends that even Vasta's wife said they used to wear each others clothes sometimes. Many years later when IBB became the head of state via a coup, he accused his close friend, Vasta, of plotting a coup to overthrow him.. An accusation Vasta refuted vehemently till his execution. My guess is that Vasta knew so much about him that he could effortlessly overthrow him. This fear probably led IBB to accuse him of plotting a coup and had him brutally executed. It was so bad that after the execution, he ordered Vasta's body to be consumed by acid, hence leaving no remains for burial.
Moral of this? Be wary of so-called friends. Guard your trust with all jealousy

If this is true then babangida is wicked oh. I wonder how people who commit this atrocity live long like if his friend is innocent how can he sleep? You own friend, if babangida sees this picture how would he feel

1 Like

Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by ledaman: 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
The most useless and irresponsible man to av led Nigeria.
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Sweeetheart(m): 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
edon21:

If you had done some research u would have found out that Nigeria lost Mose soldiers than biafra and that Nigeria used Hunger as a weapon with the support of Britain etc

Nigeria lost soldiers, soldiers were born to die. causalities of innocent citizens is the painful part of a war

Nigeria won the war when they conquered your land and your warlord ran like a coward far away to other country
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Champneys: 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
See the gap toothed fraud..... Oloshi!
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Germi9: 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You keep bringing out this useless quote that was formed by some disgruntled elements to deceive themselves.

Why did Hausa/Fulani then allow a Yoruba man to become the president after the whole Abiola saga if our drums of war were indeed empty?
its still very empty,infact there's no drum to beat
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Macon1212: 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2020

Why did Babaginda step aside and run away in 1993 during ordinary protest a coward
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Goodman247: 6:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
Nigeria is very funny country,too many comedians
Re: Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) by Judolisco(m): 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
arantess:
...Babangida would go ahead to sentence Vatsa to death by firing squad
What manner of friend is that?
same was done to Thomas sankara... Human beings dey very wicked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Operation Crocodile Smile Show Of Force (pics) / Activists Arrested & Beaten At Dunamis Church For Wearing Buhari Must Go Shirts / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.