Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,677 members, 7,851,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:56 PM

Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market (32262 Views)

Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri And Other Eastern Minorities / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Asaba Massacre Nostalgia, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri Let's Weep Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by senatordave1(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mystiquefia:

You're an idiot, u know that right?

What do u even have in itsekiri land? and in what areas are you ahead of urhobos? Sports, Entertainment, Politics, Development, Literacy, human resources? what sectors are the itsekiris dominating today. And you say omokri, are u not ashamed of yourself. in what capacity did he serve?

Where is actor rmd from
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Warri south west LGA gave buhari that highest votes in delta.ugborodo ward gave buhari 24,000 votes,the highest by a ward in southern nigeria
Ignore that small girl.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by senatordave1(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

We have Clare omatsola, prof alele Williams, prof itse sagay, uduaghan, Edna park (first and only Nigerian in miss universe) many many many. Endless list

What of RMD?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Buhari has really marginalized itsekiris.you failed to vote him as the olu promised.itse sagay and uduaghan cannot do much
Yes. The current Itsekiri leaders are selfish. But it won't be for too long. There will be a turning point.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
senatordave1:

What of RMD?
He is an Urhobo. But mom is Itsekiri.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by otokx(m): 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nyanabo:

Sagbama is also Ijaw sir. Dont get it wrong.

Is the deputy governor Urhobo or Ijaw? He is definitely and wholly Urhobo.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
sylve11:

Is Reno an Itsekiri man? shocked cool
Of course
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
Smoke55:
what Is This Wan Saying?

You don't know that babe. She go make you laugh.... grin cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mystiquefia:

You're just an idiot walking about with a clitoris that is bigger than your entire brain mass.

Easy na grin grin grin cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Of course

All right ma. Thanks. cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Mystiquefia: 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

It is crystal clear that you don't live in Sapele. Your orodje made a declaration that no other ethnic group should carry out their festival yet Itsekiris did that and nothing happened. And don't bring up that senatorial district, that's politics. The isokos in delta south are practically useless there and an Itsekiri was your governor for eight good years. Dumb ass

The same itsekiri governor who was the annointed candidate of ibori you mean? he was rigged into power by ibori and in a free and fair election, he cant even stand up to ogboru in terms of grass root mobilization, even as a sitting governor he couldn't secure PDP senatorial ticket for delta south and you call that one a politician? everyone knows that uduaghan is a paper weight politician in delta state politics, without political clout na. He Has always asslicked ibori and will always do.

u claim itsekiris have 3 lga's, ijaws also have 3 lga's so why has the ijaws been incharge since 1999?

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

I asked you, apart from agege, a known criminal which Urhobo man can you call in terms of federal politics? For a tribe with the largest population in Delta state. You don't need to be famous or you cannot be famous? Be succinct and clear. You don't have to rubbish someone else because you are not there yet. Buhari is going to rule a third tenure? Dumb statement from you when you talked of "rethink". In terms of politics before 1999, Itsekiris were strong. But like I said before, we have lost our grip on Warri and every other thing. But it won't be for too long. In terms of education, Google prof Grace alele Williams

presently Festus Keyamo as the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, DSP ovie omo-agege, that's for this administration. and another federal house representative in the red chambers. there might be more as I don't follow politics religiously.

as useless as you are you dare call the DSP criminal. what about your useless PM of ishekiri. only God knows what the heck that means a known criminal who made his money from BUNKERING, which he did successfully after serving as a house boy to Ibori. prime minister my foot. number two man in ishekiri an active criminal and illiterate. so much for the most civilized and educated tribe. I hail o!

your turn, name any ishekiri who is active in federal politics presently, in this administration?

yeah, the largest tribe in delta state. YES! if I were you I will thread carefully. watch out!

I will restate my position on being famous. it means nothing to me. I am not ishekiri that clout chase. not in my DNA

yeah sure he is not going for third tenure that is a fact but if he were definitely he would make that same mistake again

grace alele Williams, yeah, I won't rubbish people who have excelled in their chosen field
but come on, with all your galavanting all over the thread, this is all. you can as well keep SHUT

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

It is crystal clear that you don't live in Sapele. Your orodje made a declaration that no other ethnic group should carry out their festival yet Itsekiris did that and nothing happened. And don't bring up that senatorial district, that's politics. The isokos in delta south are practically useless there and an Itsekiri was your governor for eight good years. Dumb ass
who made him the governor, Urhobo man
with all the so called influence

now get out
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 6:24pm On Jun 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Where is actor rmd from
I think its an African thing to assume the tribe of your father
so what are you saying
do you have any evidence where he said he is ishekiri
please upload
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by senatordave1(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

I think its an African thing to assume the tribe of your father
so what are you saying
do you have any evidence where he said he is ishekiri
please upload

Sorry,I thought mofe damijo is an itsekiri name
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Afriifa(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Ijaws are not native of warri south LGA. Apart from the Ogbe-ijoh market that they are trying to claim. Name any other ijaw settlement in warri south. I'm waiting.
You're very daft.. who owns Warri South LGA?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Warri south west LGA gave buhari that highest votes in delta.ugborodo ward gave buhari 24,000 votes,the highest by a ward in southern nigeria
really!
the number of eligible voters are not even up to 24, 000 in that community. but rigging made that possible of course through ayiri

what is ishekiri influence in apc today? i guess noting
so what is your point
what have you even benefitted from the buhari sef
wasted votes
buhari just used you guys
m\atleast that is an achievement
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Sorry,I thought mofe damijo is an itsekiri name
definitely given by his mother, so what
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Mystiquefia: 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Renowned itsekiris are Dr Bismarck rewane nigeria's best economist,omatsola of bbn,omawumi,billionaire emami ayiri,NFF president Melvin amaju pinnick

Pls dont make me laugh. who amongst these people are bigger than the Ibru Family? Or Ben Okri the poet, isidore okpewho the novelists? or David Dafinone the accountant and politician or even Keyamo Who Is A renown SAN and politician?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by senatordave1(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

really!
the number of eligible voters are not even up to 24, 000 in that community. but rigging made that possible of course through ayiri

what is ishekiri influence in apc today? i guess noting
so what is your point
what have you even benefitted from the buhari sef
wasted votes
buhari just used you guys
m\atleast that is an achievement

Rigging is a common thing in delta as instituted by corrupt ibori.ugborodo has about 32,000 voters..
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
which evolved from which?

Meaning what?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Renowned itsekiris are Dr Bismarck rewane nigeria's best economist,omatsola of bbn,omawumi,billionaire emami ayiri,NFF president Melvin amaju pinnick
omashola sef na renowned. gosh no shame
all these claims of influence, educated all na wash
so pathetic

BILLIONAIRE ayiri, oil theft mogul, i hear you.

Dr Bismarck rewane, best economics, who gave him that title. nowhere on the internet was he refers to as the best.

place a link below

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

presently Festus Keyamo as the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, DSP ovie omo-agege, that's for this administration. and another federal house representative in the red chambers. there might be more as I don't follow politics religiously.

as useless as you are you dare call the DSP criminal. what about your useless PM of ishekiri. only God knows what the heck that means a known criminal who made his money from BUNKERING, which he did successfully after serving as a house boy to Ibori. prime minister my foot. number two man in ishekiri an active criminal and illiterate. so much for the most civilized and educated tribe. I hail o!

your turn, name any ishekiri who is active in federal politics presently, in this administration?

yeah, the largest tribe in delta state. YES! if I were you I will thread carefully. watch out!

I will restate my position on being famous. it means nothing to me. I am not ishekiri that clout chase. not in my DNA

yeah sure he is not going for third tenure that is a fact but if he were definitely he would make that same mistake again

grace alele Williams, yeah, I won't rubbish people who have excelled in their chosen field
but come on, with all your galavanting all over the thread, this is all. you can as well keep SHUT

Actually it is only Keyamo and Agege in politics and anything federal for Urhobos (largest tribe in delta with communities in Bayelsa). I don't consider a senator (like the one from delta central) here because it is more or less a given. Any tribe with a senatorial district must be there. For Itsekiri, in terms of politics, I do not know. But in terms of federal level, they have Professor Itse Esanjumi Sagay (appointed by Buhari as the chairman
for presidential advisory committee) and Amaju Pinnick, president of Nigerian Football Federation. Note, Itsekiri is the smallest tribe in Delta. Now, ask yourself, which one do you think has achieved in past and present Nigeria? Note that one of the Urhobo(agege) stole a mace to get there.

Note: prof sagay studied in cambridge. He was the first Nigerian to graduate with a 2.1 in a Nigerian institution. He is the only qualified and first dean of law in uniben back then.

Itsekiris have made great stride for their small population. They had the first finance minister, first communication minister, there was Pa alfred rewane. Let that sink into your garri drinking head.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by senatordave1(m): 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

omashola sef na renowned. gosh no shame
all these claims of influence, educated all na wash
so pathetic

BILLIONAIRE ayiri, oil theft mogul, i hear you.

Dr Bismarck rewane, best economics, who gave him that title. nowhere on the internet was he refers to as the best.

place a link below

The best saxophonist tee Mac itseli is itsekiri
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Afriifa:
You're very daft.. who owns Warri South LGA?
Answer my question. Name any ijaw community in Warri south. Bayelsa is not Warri o. Take note
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by mousco(m): 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ijaw r the rightful owners of Ogbe Ijoh Market... Ogbe Ijoh is an Ijaw community which is the local government headquarters of Warri South West. For those of you commenting rubbish, we shouldn't confuse ourselves on something we know little or nothing about. For those Itsekiris ask yourself how many of you are living in Ogbe Ijoh? The answer is none.

So why claiming the market?

Peace is what we want not war.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

who made him the governor, Urhobo man
with all the so called influence

now get out
Urhobo man didn't make him the governor. It was turn for another tribe to take the seat. Uduaghan just happened to be his cousin from his maternal side. Naturally, he gave it to family.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iamgrey5(m): 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

He is an Urhobo. But mom is Itsekiri.
Orishafemi and Omawuni
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2020
mousco:
Ijaw r the rightful owners of Ogbe Ijoh Market... Ogbe Ijoh is an Ijaw community which is the local government headquarters of Warri South West. For those of you commenting rubbish, we shouldn't confuse ourselves on something we know little or nothing about. For those Itsekiris ask yourself how many of you are living in Ogbe Ijoh? The answer is none.

So why claiming the market?

Peace is what we want not war.
A typical bayelsa ijaw. Warri south lga is different from Warri Southwest lga. The place in question is in Warri south LGA. There's no Ijaw community in Warri south yet they claim the market is theirs. Note that before independence, the market was called Dore Numa market. Dore Numa was an Itsekiri chief in charge of all lands in Warri
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Orishafemi and Omawuni
Yes. There's oritsefemi and Omawumi. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
senatordave1:

The best saxophonist tee Mac itseli is itsekiri
She has not been able to give us any Urhobo scholars apart from criminals and comedians. Don't waste your time with her, it is futile. She will only rubbish your examples
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Mystiquefia: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Give facts and exampl apart from that mace criminal which Urhobo man can you single out? And how long did it take the largest tribe in delta to get there?

Omo-agege being a mace thief or whatever is not anybody's business. The circumstances at the time warranted his actions and his bravery yielded propulsive results and today though being a miniority representative in the red chambers trumped even the former deputy president of the senate to become the senate president. today he is the number two senator in a house of over 109 Senators hausa, igbo and yoruba senators inclusive. That is a landmark achievement no itsekiri man will be able to achieve till thy kingdom come. HECK, non of your sons have even been elected to red chambers before, how long will it take u lots to clinch a DSP position?
We dont even know wat reno omokri studied in school, but aside being a politician & a minister keyamo is a SAN & an astute lawyer. ben okumagba was appointed MD to NDDC 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Angry Youths Set APC Campaign Bus On Fire In Katsina State [photos] / APC Vs PDP Poster In Enugu (Funny Battle Ground Calendar) / Olu Of Warri, Emami Meet Osinbajo In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.