Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market (31965 Views)

Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri And Other Eastern Minorities / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Asaba Massacre Nostalgia, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri Let's Weep Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Choose your words carefully, not like shaky shaky madam. Let's be friends and tell the truth as they come. Let's not distort history to prove our points.
carry your distorted history and get out

the truth will always remain the truth
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Efewestern: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Oversight maybe.

Itsekiris have a larger presence in that Delta Central Senatorial District than urhobos have in delta south.

For the avoidance of doubts, hereunder are some of the Itsekiri communities in Delta Central. Are they not entitled to federal appointment?

Sapele LGA
Ugbosien
Ugbekoko
Obontie
Aja-Ojigwo
Ogun Aja Ugbegi
Ajimele
Elume - partly Itsekiri
Arowun
Enaso
Adaka.

Uvwie
Ugbolokposo
Aja Uma

Okpe LGA
Aja OgunOyibo
Ajatiton
Aja Ogolo.

Udu LGA
Egbogide.

Ethiope west
Efurokpe
Oyeaja
Ekwobodo
Ibirifo
Owe
Efo
Enasun
Ajatiton - mosogha
Ajaenesan - Jessa
Gbomoya - Jessa

Are the Urhobos in Delta south receiving any federal appointments? aren't you forcing your language on our schools in Warri south? why asking what you can't give?

The Urhobos in Warri south outnumbers any Itsekiri communities in Delta central. Most communities you mentioned above are Urhobo towns eg Aja Uma (We know it as Ewoma or one man Village) is a small tiny Uvwie land, it's own by the Uvwie people, but due to intermarriage, you find some Itsekiri families around, could tell you many things about that zone.

Ugolokposo is debateable as most speakers there speak the Uvwie dialect of the Urhobo.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
proeast:

The Ijaws will be a real threat to peace and stability to any country they join once Nigeria splits.

grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
toprealman:
Fighting over a physical market when major global transactions are sealed over digital space.
Nigeria should be downgraded to a 10th world country or even lower than that.
What are they even selling there to deserve all this noise?
HahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaAH u deseRve A TROPh smiley you the BAWS
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
osazuwa23:
i was hoping this would be an igbos fight angry
OSa you dey mad ni? Me I Be BenDel iGBo suffRi
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

same as your claim of land in delta central sounds very stupid

whoever controls land before independence doesn't matter to me. what is the reality today?
The reality today is that Itsekiris have lost the grip they once had in Warri. Sad, but true. You claim Itsekiris don't have lands in Delta Central yet you want Itsekiris to accept your claim of land in Warri. Even Efewestern who is far knowledgeable than you acknowledged the fact that Itsekiri communities do exist in Delta Central. I know you're still a child but it pains me when you don't want to shut up and learn from your elders. The people you claim to be water people are part of the people who signed the treaty of the British and almagation of Nigeria. Where was the dominant and mighty urhobo in all of these? Shut up my dear and learn. Itsekiris have played politics and out of their benevolence lost their lands and grip on you lot.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
sylve11:

grin grin grin cool
hehehehehehehehe see SweaR
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Binikingdowm: 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
Efewestern:

Ughoton?
Aghalokpe?

These communities are in Okpe and are pure Okpe towns, Ughoton is a stone throw from Jeddo and it's 100% Urhobo.

Next time do a proper finding, you have locals online you know.
isn't ughoton a Benin community in Edo state?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

Don't be foolish..

Funny people everywhere. grin grin grin cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
Efewestern:

Are the Urhobos in Delta south receiving any federal appointments? aren't you forcing your language on our schools in Warri south? why asking what you can't give?

The Urhobos in Warri south outnumbers any Itsekiri communities in Delta central. Most communities you mentioned above are Urhobo towns eg Aja Uma (We know it as Ewoma or one man Village) is a small tiny Uvwie land, it's own by the Uvwie people, but due to intermarriage, you find some Itsekiri families around, could tell you many things about that zone.

Ugolokposo is debateable as most speakers there speak the Uvwie dialect of the Urhobo.
There are no Urhobos in Delta south, only Isokos technically speaking. The Urhobos in Warri south do not outnumber the Itsekiris in Sapele, I beg to disagree. Gbolokposo is not debatable it is an itsekiri community in Uvwie. Urhobos may call it Ewoma, Itsekiris call it Aja Uma which is the name recognize by local, state and federal governments

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
Binikingdowm:
No. There's ughoton in Benin and another in Delta
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

So why are you guys not the one holding the federal offices in the warri south? mumu. Are you aware these names are recognized in federal and state levels?
uDu na my GRAnDmama PlaCe o
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

The reality today is that Itsekiris have lost the grip they once had in Warri. Sad, but true. You claim Itsekiris don't have lands in Delta Central yet you want Itsekiris to accept your claim of land in Warri. Even Efewestern who is far knowledgeable than you acknowledged the fact that Itsekiri communities do exist in Delta Central. I know you're still a child but it pains me when you don't want to shut up and learn from your elders. The people you claim to be water people are part of the people who signed the treaty of the British and almagation of Nigeria. Where was the dominant and might urhobo in all of these? Shut up my dear and learn. Itsekiris have played politics and out of their benevolence lost their lands and grip on you lot.
with all the so called dominance who have since God knows when, where has it taken ishekiri today?
who are ishekieri in Nigeria politics
who sabi una
dominance on paper
please take several seats
always claiming what was never yours
you lost grip because it did not belong to you in the first place

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

was goodluck president when ijaw and itsekiri were fighting?

some of u have never been to warri but u sit and type all manner of stories.

I was still in secondary school when dat fight happened n goodluck was not d president

Abeg forget that kid. cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
Smoke55:
Mpama! How Will The Igbos Be Happy Over Their Sibling Fighting Each Other? You Afonja Head Slammers Will Never Stop Disgracing Your Selves On Nairaland.
you mean these minoRity TRiBes by the River are their minor SiBlinGs? No wonder most of them can Relate with ibo
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Mystiquefia: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone you've been beaten your chest all over this thread and i dont know what your problem is. Sometimes unguided utterances like this culminate into full blown war. Urhobos do not have a problem with accomodating strangers in their lands because we are a peace loving people, but where strangers begin to beat their chest and assume lordship and ownership of lands in urhobo we wouldn't mind cutting whatever ties it is we have with you. Sapele Is an homogenous urhoboland. itsekiris in sapele are strangers just like we have igbos, hausas etc in lagos state. & just because you dominate a community or two and try to change its name does not mean it belongs to. There Are only 4 families indegenious 2 sapele the Ogodor, Abeke's, Omu'wie & one other family i can remember the name. The problem with you itsekiri's is dat u try 2 play with intelligence of ur hosts. when a place is giving to u, u go back home and start bringing ur brothers to dominate that place. itsekiris are not indigenous to sapele

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

with all the so called dominance who have since God knows when, where has it taken ishekiri today?
who are ishekieri in Nigeria politics
who sabi una
dominance on paper
please take several seats
always claiming what was never yours
you lost grip because it did not belong to you in the first place
You said "who sabi una?" Haha. Itsekiris, though a minority have made serious impacts in Nigeria as a whole. I can list many of their achievements. The first graduate in Nigeria is an Itsekiri. The first graduate king in west Africa is also an Itsekiri. Google "Olu Antonio Dom Domingos" The first church in Nigeria is in Itsekiri land. I wouldnt want to go into early politics in Nigeria and all that but in terms of Delta state politics, Itsekiri is alive and kicking. The incumbent governor is an Itsekiri. Itsekiris have a strong hold in their areas. At federal level we have some appointments as well. We all know Prof Itse sagay and Reno Omokri. If not for the recent Agege position, Urhobos, though a majority have been useless. Imagine a small tribe like Itsekiris giving the Urhobos a run for their money. Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by betterpikinn: 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
Kwashiman:

Repetitive boring rebuttals as usual, you're already my slave and biTch just like your unfortunate mother.

tongue
Lol
See son of a thousand fathers bleating grin
It will never be well with you, your drunkard old father and your ugly old hag whòre mother.
Frustrated OSU lpob Jew pig.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by senatordave1(m): 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:

Is that man your husby
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mystiquefia:
Datazone you've been beaten your chest all over this thread and i dont know what your problem is. Sometimes unguided utterances like this culminate into full blown war. Urhobos do not have a problem with accomodating strangers in their lands because we are a peace loving people, but where strangers begin to beat their chest and assume lordship and ownership of lands in urhobo we wouldn't mind cutting whatever ties it is we have with you. Sapele Is an homogenous urhoboland. itsekiris in sapele are strangers just like we have igbos, hausas etc in lagos state. & just because you dominate a community or two and try to change its name does not mean it belongs to. There Are only 4 families indegenious 2 sapele the Ogodor, Abeke's, Omu'wie & one other family i can remember the name. The problem with you itsekiri's is dat u try 2 play with intelligence of ur hosts. when a place is giving to u, u go back home and start bringing ur brothers to dominate that place. itsekiris are not indigenous to sapele
Same way Urhobos are strangers in Warri. In case you don't know, the sapele ownership case that was highly contested up to the West African court outside Nigeria does not include Ogu-Aja, Ugbeyiyi, Oton etc. and other Itsekiri communities in Sapele. Get your facts right.

And you talk of war, how many wars have the Urhobos fought and won in their history? Do we have any Urhobo warlords? Urhobos are not warlike in nature. Them get mouth and sabi fear. People like you run for safety and here you are talking war. Get out

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
Good to know. Urhobo wadoo! Are you an Urhobo?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Mystiquefia: 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone
And i read somewhere were you said itsekiris dont operate a decentralized monarchy system and that's why you've not been able to install a king in sapele and uvwie. i just dey look you dey laugh, because the wahala wey u dey find if e reach your hand, u nor go fit wedge am. The 117 communities in okpe kingdom answer directly to the Orodje of Okpe, Rtd Major General Mujakperuo, the Orhue 1 of okpe kingdom. The itsekiri dominated communities answer directly to the orodje of okpe today not the olu of warri. I can still Remember when the orodje of okpe made a proclamation that all except the four indegenous family of sapele should be buried in their indegenous villages, barring the itsekiris from burying their dead in sapele before the determination the court case which declare OKPE true owners of sapele. And your itsekiri people are surrounded by 117 okpe communities pls, Una nor go fit do jack, if the orodje of okpe give directives, your houses will be razed down 2 seconds

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

They are Biafrans. Yes Igbo siblings, our younger ones..
which evolved from which?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by kherlly(m): 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2020
darfay:

Who win?

Ilaje
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

Hypocritical Yoruba will never disappoint, but watch how you fools will come tomorrow by the time the usual stealing and corruption is found under a Yoruba man's agbada like Obasa you unholy thieves will come here to shout "Igbos mind your business and leave us alone", so you that mind your business what has Igbos got to do with Itshekiri and Ijaw fight?? or is that your wish you are subtly declaring there for Igbos to feel happy when two Biafran tribes are fighting?. Something is definitely wrong with the Yoruba race somewhere!
itsekiRi sounds like Yoruba though, e.g TseGbemi, eyitemi. at the SAme time, their names can be iGBOtic e.g. OmeRUwa, Amaju, etc.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

You said "who sabi una?" Haha. Itsekiris, though a minority have made serious impacts in Nigeria as a whole. I can list many of their achievements. The first graduate in Nigeria is an Itsekiri. The first graduate king in west Africa is also an Itsekiri. Google "Olu Antonio Dom Domingos" The first church in Nigeria is in Itsekiri land. I wouldnt want to go into early politics in Nigeria and all that but in terms of Delta state politics, Itsekiri is alive and kicking. The incumbent governor is an Itsekiri. Itsekiris have a strong hold in theri areas. At federal level we have some appointments as well. We all know Prof Itse sagay and Reno Omokri. If not for the recent Agege position, Urhobos, though a majority have been useless. Imagine a small tribe like Itsekiris giving the Urhobos a run for their money. Pathetic
first graduate bullshit. with all the education, what has that accounted for you guys. still useless as ever. with the first graduate, bullshit you people should have taken a place in the education and intellectual sector of Nigeria but no, just the name first graduate.

first church, so what. how many churches do you guys dominate apart from ayo church?

the incumbent governor really? I could have noticed before now that you are so dumb and stupid. when did okowa become an ishekiri.
uduagha and the other ishekiri should be grateful for that position because without ibori,an Urhobo man, you couldn't have smelled that position

federal appointment like which one? I hope you are not including elected positions from your wards which is normal

of all the so called dominance only two ishekris that you could cough out
imagine calling reno as a politician and pride in ishekri. for your information, he is now a relationship expert on Instagram. he is always features on instablog.
the prof satay, who is he in national politics

well, ishekiri should thank God for oil, that is just all about it for you guys,
delta state politics, you should be more specific, not shrewing out words like a mad woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Good to know. Urhobo wadoo! Are you an Urhobo?
I'm from all the tRiBes in Delta StAte
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Efewestern: 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Binikingdowm:

The one I'm referring to is the one located in Okpe, a subgroup of the Urhobo people. The Ughoton in Edo state is somewhere closer to Gelegele.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

first graduate bullshit. with all the education, what has that accounted for you guys. still useless as ever. with the first graduate, bullshit you people should have taken a place in the education and intellectual sector of Nigeria but no, just the name first graduate.

first church, so what. how many churches do you guys dominate apart from ayo church?

the incumbent governor really? I could have noticed before now that you are so dumb and stupid. when did okowa become an ishekiri.
uduagha and the other ishekiri should be grateful for that position because without ibori,an Urhobo man, you couldn't have smelled that position

federal appointment like which one? I hope you are not including elected positions from your wards which is normal

of all the so called dominance only two ishekris that you could cough out
imagine calling reno as a politician and pride in ishekri. for your information, he is now a relationship expert on Instagram. he is always features on instablog.
the prof satay, who is he in national politics

well, ishekiri should thank God for oil, that is just all about it for you guys,
delta state politics, you should be more specific, not shrewing out words like a mad woman.
You have just succeeded in committing fallacies. You cannot disregard my claim, you then have to rubbish it, fallacious. Listen, in terms of literacy, the Itsekiris trounce the Urhobos. In fact, they were the first civilised in the region. I am saying this with respect to their first graduste, it affected them if that's what you are asking.
And check Nigeria's first communication minister (chief Arthur prest) and who is Nigeria first finance minister. What have Urhobos achieved in spite of their population? It is a shame that Itsekiris have been this influential in Nigeria yet your olodo people are still sieving garri. If not for the recent agege appointment, what is the stake of Urhobos in Nigerian politics? I meant to say former governor not incumbent. It's a fact that Urhobos have more illiterates than Itsekiris. In terms of dominance, you should argue constructively with regards to their population. Reno omokri is popular than anyone in your LGA, including your family. That's a fact, nothing personal. So he's a treasure to many.

Itsekiris have Amaju at federal level. How many Urhobos can you call apart from agege(a known mace snatcher) and keyamo? Stupid girl.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Oversight maybe.

Itsekiris have a larger presence in that Delta Central Senatorial District than urhobos have in delta south.

For the avoidance of doubts, hereunder are some of the Itsekiri communities in Delta Central. Are they not entitled to federal appointment?

Sapele LGA
Ugbosien
Ugbekoko
Obontie
Aja-Ojigwo
Ogun Aja Ugbegi
Ajimele
Elume - partly Itsekiri
Arowun
Enaso
Adaka.

Uvwie
Ugbolokposo
Aja Uma.

Okpe LGA
Aja OgunOyibo
Ajatiton
Aja Ogolo.

Udu LGA
Egbogide.

Ethiope west
Efurokpe
Oyeaja
Ekwobodo
Ibirifo
Owe
Efo
Enasun
Ajatiton - mosogha
Ajaenesan - Jessa
Gbomoya - Jessa

These are much o, haba
Aren't there itsekiri in ughelli North and South?
When I was in Delta last year, someone said oghara was itsekiri. Is like you now outnumber Urhobos there?
We need peaceful coexistence
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

You have just succeeded in committing fallacies. You cannot disregard my claim, you then have to rubbish it, fallacious. Listen, in terms of literacy, the Itsekiris trounce the Urhobos. In fact, they were the first civilised in the region. I am saying this with respect to their first graduste, it affected them if that's what you are asking.
And check Nigeria's first communication minister (chief Arthur prest) and who is Nigeria first finance minister. What have Urhobos achieved in spite of their population? It is a shame that Itsekiris have been this influential in Nigeria yet your olodo people are still sieving garri. If not for the recent agege appointment, what is the stake of Urhobos in Nigerian politics? I meant to say former governor not incumbent. It's a fact that Urhobos have more illiterates than Itsekiris. In terms of dominance, you should argue constructively with regards to their population. Reno omokri is popular than anyone in your LGA, including your family. That's a fact, nothing personal. So he's a treasure to many.

Itsekiris have Amaju at federal level. How many Urhobos can you call apart from agege and keyamo? Stupid girl.

Reno is itsekiri too? Impressive, I pray he becomes relevant someday
Y'all don't need this tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Customs Intercepts Container-Load Of Guns In Lagos / Edo Bishops Praying For Peter Obi / Boko Haram Can No Longer Confront Nigerian Soldiers – Major General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.