Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market (31948 Views)

Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri And Other Eastern Minorities / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Asaba Massacre Nostalgia, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri Let's Weep Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
Efewestern:

Ughoton?
Aghalokpe?

These communities are in Okpe and are pure Okpe towns, Ughoton is a stone throw from Jeddo and it's 100% Urhobo.

Next time do a proper finding, you have locals online you know.
just like her fellow ishekiri, they are all full of lies

always claiming lands that don't belong to them. I don't even know why they still occupy those communities in Uvwie and Sapele. Urhobo needs to come together and drive this people away.
ungrateful people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by naijaman2225(m): 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
[quote author=nowpresence post=90468493]they should kill themselves for all i care[/quote

PSYCHO ON THE LOOSE
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iriruaga100:

Its a known fact that you people don't own Olu palace land and the rest of Ekrede-itsekiri.. You're can't despite the fact that its a leased land that you pay rent on. I know the terrain of warri too well, old warri is Ogbangue while main warri is okere and Okumagba axis. Okere is owned by Okumagba family, any name attached to okere was done by you people after the land was leased to your forefathers. Please name the Itsekiri village in urhobo land outside the three warri local government?? Don't mention Ogbolokposo, its not an itsekiri community in uview and don't talk about Sapele, the orodje stopped you guys from holding your yearly festival, that's enough to tame you people from holding any stake in sapele..

What is the name of community the Olu Palace is located and why is the name of the community not an Urhobo word if you said Okumagba (which is an Itsekiri word) gave him the land

Itsekiris have a larger presence in that Delta Central Senatorial District than urhobos have in delta south.

For the avoidance of doubts, hereunder are some of the Itsekiri communities in Delta Central. Are they not entitled to federal appointment?

Sapele LGA
Ugbosien
Ugbekoko
Obontie
Aja-Ojigwo
Ogun Aja Ugbegi
Ajimele
Elume - partly Itsekiri
Arowun
Enaso
Adaka.

Uvwie
Ugbolokposo
Aja Uma.

Okpe LGA
Aja OgunOyibo
Ajatiton
Aja Ogolo.

Udu LGA
Egbogide.

Ethiope west
Efurokpe
Oyeaja
Ekwobodo
Ibirifo
Owe
Efo
Enasun
Ajatiton - mosogha
Ajaenesan - Jessa
Gbomoya - Jessa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iriruaga100(m): 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Clearly shows Urhobos are dealing in lies and falsehoods, fairytales and hearsay. No proofs. Just "my grandma nai talk am".

Listen, Gbolokposo is a known Itsekiri community in Uvwie. We all know that. Let me list some itsekiri communities that are not in the three Warri LGA: Ajagbodudu, Efuropke, Obitekpagha, Pamol rubber estate, Efo (in Mosoghar), Aghalokpe, Obontie, Ugberikoko, Uton Iyatsere, Ajimele, Ugbeyiyi, ajaguoyibo, ughoton, urban area etc.

If Itsekiri do not practice this one king style of rulership, these communities and other surrounding communities would have been annexed and ruled by an Itsekiri king different from the Olu of Warri. The downfall of Itsekiri is this thier one king like the oba of Benin monarchy.

The problem with Ijaw and Itsekiri is land grabbing.. How can you be claiming Aghalokpe in okpe local government, Ogborikoko were no single house there is owned by an itsekiri man. Don't go tell effurun people that you have itsekiri community in Uvwie o!! They're not docile like the Okumagba's.. For the record there is no Itsekiri community in Mosogar.. Even where we call Koko junction is Oghara community, main koko is another 30 minis drive. Someday you lot will still claim that place!! Peace...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

just like her fellow ishekiri, they are all full of lies

always claiming lands that don't belong to them. I don't even know why they still occupy those communities in Uvwie and Sapele. Urhobo needs to come together and drive this people away.
ungrateful people
My friend, do not post if you have nothing to contribute. I listed over 10 communities and 2 were under dispute yet you ignored the others which were correct. What do you have to say about this below?

Itsekiris have a larger presence in that Delta Central Senatorial District than urhobos have in delta south.

For the avoidance of doubts, hereunder are some of the Itsekiri communities in Delta Central. Are they not entitled to federal appointment?

Sapele LGA
Ugbosien
Ugbekoko
Obontie
Aja-Ojigwo
Ogun Aja Ugbegi
Ajimele
Elume - partly Itsekiri
Arowun
Enaso
Adaka.

Uvwie
Ugbolokposo
Aja Uma.

Okpe LGA
Aja OgunOyibo
Ajatiton
Aja Ogolo.

Udu LGA
Egbogide.

Ethiope west
Efurokpe
Oyeaja
Ekwobodo
Ibirifo
Owe
Efo
Enasun
Ajatiton - mosogha
Ajaenesan - Jessa
Gbomoya - Jessa
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Deebwebb: 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

You fixed a cup of tea that you refused to fix for your starving father it's me your master you feel like serving tea. Face it you ugly Rhinos can't do without mentioning Igbos, stop deviating and admit the truth in honesty, it's like you are our bond maids who's highly intoxicated with the sweetness of the Master's dickkgrin.
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iriruaga100:

The problem with Ijaw and Itsekiri is land grabbing.. How can you be claiming Aghalokpe in okpe local government, Ogborikoko were no single house there is owned by an itsekiri man. Don't go tell effurun people that you have itsekiri community in Uvwie o!! They're not docile like the Okumagba's.. For the record there is no Itsekiri community in Mosogar.. Even where we call Koko junction is Oghara community, main koko is another 30 minis drive. Someday you lot will still claim that place!! Peace...
Lol. You are a comedian. There's Ugberikoko is Sapele as well, owned and dominated by the Itsekiris. If not for the Itsekiris, most of Urhobo towns would still be villages. A case study is Sapele. You have not been able to provide proof, just unverified hearsay.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

What is the name of community the Olu Palace is located and why is the name of the community not an Urhobo word if you said Okumagba (which is an Itsekiri word) gave him the land

Sapele LGA
Ugbosien
Ugbekoko
Obontie
Aja-Ojigwo
Ogun Aja Ugbegi
Ajimele
Elume - partly Itsekiri
Arowun
Enaso
Adaka.

Uvwie
Ugbolokposo
Aja Uma.

Okpe LGA
Aja OgunOyibo
Ajatiton
Aja Ogolo.

Udu LGA
Egbogide.

Ethiope west
Efurokpe
Oyeaja
Ekwobodo
Ibirifo
Owe
Efo
Enasun
Ajatiton - mosogha
Ajaenesan - Jessa
Gbomoya - Jessa
none of this communities belongs to ishekiri, the fact that some of you live there doesn't change anything. I don't even blame you, I blame the indigenes who out of generosity allowed your people to stay there.

come and collect federal appointments. thieves!
how many federal appointments do Urhobos in Warri south have, being the majority in Warri south.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Deebwebb: 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

Coming from a free education crooner who was deprived of quality education grin
Show me the incoherence there in my comment. Do you even know the meaning of the words "proper English and incoherent" or you heard it somewhere and felt like using it today? grin Afonja illiteracy and hypocrisy is disgusting to say the least..
grin bros no make the slave commit suicide grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

My friend, do not post if you have nothing to contribute. I listed over 10 communities and 2 were under dispute yet you ignored the others which were correct. What do you have to say about this below?

Sapele LGA
Ugbosien
Ugbekoko
Obontie
Aja-Ojigwo
Ogun Aja Ugbegi
Ajimele
Elume - partly Itsekiri
Arowun
Enaso
Adaka.

Uvwie
Ugbolokposo
Aja Uma.

Okpe LGA
Aja OgunOyibo
Ajatiton
Aja Ogolo.

Udu LGA
Egbogide.

Ethiope west
Efurokpe
Oyeaja
Ekwobodo
Ibirifo
Owe
Efo
Enasun
Ajatiton - mosogha
Ajaenesan - Jessa
Gbomoya - Jessa
stop copying and pasting this rubbish all over the thread
I am not your friend by the way

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

none of this communities belongs to ishekiri, the fact that some of you live there doesn't change anything. I don't even blame you, I blame the indigenes who out of generosity allowed your people to stay there.

how many federal appointments do Urhobos in Warri south have, being the majority in Warri south.
You are a complete idiot. Those towns are not Itsekiri communities but bear Itsekiri names? In fact, just shut up. How is Urhobo a majority in Warri South? Urhobo is a majority in Warri South yet they are not under Delta South Senatorial District. You know why?

Take note, uvwie and Udu is not Warri South. Get your facts right. You claim Urhobos are majority in Warri south. Ask yourself, who's the chairman and rep?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nairalandmonika: 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Nope I don't, how?
Explain
I experienced the last crisis myself, tho I was still kid then.
The ijaws did killed alot of itsekiri, they were going to from one itsekiri town to another burning it down until they decided burn down ekurede itsekiri. That was wen they met their waterloo, every single ijaw that was involved in that crisis was killed, this is not wat I was told o, I saw the dead bodies myself, I saw countless human heads at palace field in ekurede itsekiri. And that was the last day the ijaw ever tried to burn any itsekiri community. It was September 2003, can remember the exact date but it was on a Sunday. They fought for about an hour. Any itsekiri or person that knows about the crisis will verify this for u.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Lol. You are a comedian. There's Ugberikoko is Sapele as well, owned and dominated by the Itsekiris. If not for the Itsekiris, most of Urhobo towns would still be villages. A case study is Sapele. You have not been able to provide proof, just unverified hearsay.
why don't you go and turn your lands to cities then
but no, ishekiris don't have lands in delta state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Efewestern: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Read very well b4 u comment. The fact that it is in okpe doesn't make it an urhobo community.

The communities I mentioned are pure Urhobo towns, I'm not even here to engage in any unnecessary argument, just making some necessary corrections.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by MOnkeyBabe(f): 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
Joefat:
There is fire on the mountain.
RAn ran Ran
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nairalandmonika: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

They are not itsekiri but the names are itsekiri names, so why urhobo dey name their town itsekiri names?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

why don't you go and turn your lands to cities then
but no, ishekiris don't have lands in delta state
Yes, they don't have land. They live on top sea and river. In fact they are fishes and crocodiles. See how silly and childish you sound. grin grin
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nairalandmonika: 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
Efewestern:

The communities I mentioned are pure Urhobo towns, I'm not even here to engage in any unnecessary argument, just making some necessary corrections.
Your corrections are wrong
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Sammy07: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

I experienced the last crisis myself, tho I was still kid then.
The ijaws did killed alot of itsekiri, they were going to from one itsekiri town to another burning it down until they decided burn down ekurede itsekiri. That was wen they met their waterloo, every single ijaw that was involved in that crisis was killed, this is not wat I was told o, I saw the dead bodies myself, I saw countless human heads at palace field in ekurede itsekiri. And that was the last day the ijaw ever tried to burn any itsekiri community. It was September 2003, can remember the exact date but it was on a Sunday. They fought for about an hour. Any itsekiri or person that knows about the crisis will verify this for u.
Okay I understood
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

You are a complete idiot. Those towns are not Itsekiri communities but bear Itsekiri names? In fact, just shut up. How is Urhobo a majority in Warri South? Urhobo is a majority in Warri South yet they are not under Delta South Senatorial District. You know why?

Take note, uvwie and Udu is not Warri South. Get your facts right. You claim Urhobos are majority in Warri south. Ask yourself, who's the chairman and rep?
you are a big fool
I did not include Uvwie and Udu when I said that Urhobos are the majority in Warri.

names can be changed, so that is not a proof
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

stop copying and pasting this rubbish all over the thread
I am not your friend by the way

You are my friend o. Don't try to be my enemy.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Urhobos are cowards. With their population they should be in charge of delta state

I agree with you on this. cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

you are a big fool
I did not include Uvwie and Udu when I said that Urhobos are the majority in Warri.

names can be changed, so that is not a proof
So why are you guys not the one holding the federal offices in the warri south? mumu. Are you aware these names are recognized in federal and state levels?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Really?
Itshekiri defeated Ijaws??

grin grin cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Yes, they don't have land. They live on top sea and river. In fact they are fishes and crocodiles. See how silly and childish you sound. grin grin
you belong to the waters.
fact!!
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

You are my friend o. Don't try to be my enemy.
I am not your 'anything'
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Efewestern: 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Your corrections are wrong

Ughoton is Itsekiri?
Aghalokpe is Itsekiri?

seriously, some of you on NL are unnecessary funny, have you been to any of these towns?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

you belong to the waters.
fact!!
Mumu post. Go claim the land wey you say be your own na. If your body go follow you reach house. Itsekiris are the one leading the warri south you claim Urhobos are a majority. Sound very stupid to me.

FACT: Before independence, Itsekiri chiefs were in charge of all lands in Warri.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

I am not your 'anything'
Choose your words carefully, not like shaky shaky madam. Let's be friends and tell the truth as they come. Let's not distort history to prove our points.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Mumu post. Go claim the land wey you say be your own na. If your body go follow you reach house. Itsekiris are the one leading the warri south you claim Urhobos are a majority. Sound very stupid to me.

FACT: Before independence, Itsekiri chiefs were in charge of all lands in Warri.
same as your claim of land in delta central sounds very stupid

whoever controls land before independence doesn't matter to me. what is the reality today?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
Idadurun:
What do you mean by Urhobos are coward?

He is trying to tell you that, the very market the itsekiris and ijaws are fighting for, actually belongs to the Urhobos, but the Urhobos refused to do anything to claim what tightly belongs to them. cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by sylve11: 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2020
Kc3000:
Only difference between Ijaw and Fulani is that one came from the desert and the other emerged from the creeks, but they're both after your land.

Lol grin grin cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

How Bandit Leader Turji Escaped NAF Bombings / Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Buhari In London, Reveals When He Will Return To Nigeria / Oshiomhole Blasts Obasanjo, Reveals What Ex-president Wants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.