Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze (29570 Views)

Stop Slander, Blackmail Against Judiciary – Onanuga Warns PDP, Atiku / Onochie’s Attacks On Igbo Monarchs Sacrilegious, Odious, Says Ohanaeze / Open-grazing: Uzodinma Will Be Excommunicated In Igboland, Says Ohanaeze Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 09, 2020
Presidency’s war allegation: FG’s blackmail against IPoB backfired, says Ohanaeze

…We’ll continue diplomatic offensive against Nigeria, IPoB vows
…ADF lashes Presidency over IPOB

Sequel to the declaration on Sunday, by the Federal Government that the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, is waging war against Nigeria, the IPOB founder, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, yesterday, reacted to the government for ‘ confirming that his group is spending big on its diplomatic offensive and the whole world can now know where the group’s money is being channeled’.

The Federal Government had raised the alarm that IPOB was using the alleged killing of Christians to wage war against Nigeria.

Spokesman of the Presidency, Mallam Garba Shehu had also accused IPOB of using perceived killing of Christians to drive a wedge between the United States, United Kingdom and Nigeria’s European allies.

But Mazi Kanu in a statement made available to newsmen by IPOB’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, said that IPOB is relentlessly working to expose the Nigerian government’s atrocities perpetrated by terrorists masquerading as herdsmen.

This came as the Igbo umbrella body, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide also lampooned the Federal Government, saying that its attempt to blackmail IPOB has backfired “because the truth has emerged.”

Mazi Kanu’s statement entitled, “Now the whole world knows where IPOB money goes”, said the statement, issued by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, confirmed the elaborate planned scheme of IPOB which has already started gaining steam with some officials of the American government, including the Secretary of State, Mr Mike Pompeo to the fact that it is not mincing words with Biafra actualization.

Mazi Kanu’s statement read: “Once again, Nigerian government has inadvertently confirmed that we spend big on our diplomatic offensive. We have destroyed Nigeria and by the time we are done with them, the name Nigeria will cease to exist.

“Every dime the indomitable IPOB family worldwide contributes towards our liberation goes towards the dismantling of Nigeria and restoration of Biafra, I mean every dime.

“I, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu have no mansion, I have no car, I have no hotel, I have no university, I have no government contract, I don’t lie, I don’t cheat, I don’t steal, all I have is the grace of Chukwu Okike Abiama to do his will which is to restore Biafra in truth and honesty.

“The statement, issued by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, also claimed the elaborately planned scheme, which had already started gaining steam with some officials of the American government, including the Secretary of State, Mr Mike Pompeo, had been receiving monthly funding of $85,000 USD since October 2019.”

Also yesterday, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, standing in defence of IPOB, described federal government’s worry as a complete case of chasing shadows.
Publicity Secretary of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Uche Achi-Okpaga in a swift reaction to Shehu Garba’s outburst told him that he was drawing attention to an allegation of persecution of Christians in Nigeria but failed to draw attention to the seemingly intractable insecurity in the country.

“Would they (FG) also say that there is no insecurity in the country? All over the country, people are posting on the spot audio and video records of senseless and targeted killings.

I think now that the ovation of the Presidency’s actions and body language have become loudest, attracting condemnations from highly pedestalled and well-meaning Nigerians, including the latest letter from Col. Abubakar Umar, the next available response, as is usual in their colour, is to heep some blame on a given quarter as the IPOB and deliberately divert attention from the issue,” Achi-Okpaga fumed.

The apex Igbo organisation regretted that whereas the President swore to protect the lives and property of Nigerians, Nigerians are killed in their homes, their farms, on the roads, by herdsmen, while travelling, by bandits or Boko Haram terrorists, as the case may be.

“Perhaps, it is also IPOB that is sponsoring all that. It is a pity that we are exerting more effort to tarnish IPOB than to do the needful by ensuring the protection citizens no matter whose ox is gored,” Achi-Okpaga said.

Adding flesh to Ohanaeze’s anger against Shehu Garba’s allegations, Media Adviser to the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Emeka Attama said that “The reaction of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide is that finally the hen is coming home to roost.

The whole lies against IPOB that made the Federal Government to brand it a terrorist organisation are now wearing off and the world are getting close to exposing the perfidy and unconscionable maladministration of the President Buhari’s five-year tenure.

“It’s preferred silence over the nefarious activities of the killer herdsmen that has led to the loss of more than 2,500 innocent lives of Nigerians, mostly Christians, has been crying out for justice.

Maybe, the time has come for the unmasking of who are actually the terrorists between IPOB and the herdsmen; IPOB who don’t carry weapons and don’t kill and Ak-47 and other sophiscated arms-wielding herdsmen and who upon all their crimes non has ever been prosecuted in any known court of law in the country.

“It is good that it is even the Federal Government that has given fillip to the awareness by the international community through the publication by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.

“It is an attempt to blackmail the IPOB that has backfired, because the truth has emerged.”

In a related development, Igbo elitist group, Alaigbo Development Foundation, ADF, has said the Presidency just raising false alarm.

ADF said it is President Muhammadu Buhari’s government that promoted tension in Nigeria through several punitive and divisive policies mounted against some sections of the country.

”The Presidency is raising a false alarm against the IPOB in that regard. The PMB regime is the one that has promoted tension in Nigeria through several punitive and divisive policies mounted against some sections of the country.

“Such divisive policies have worsened the crisis in the Nigerian federation.

There have been massive killings in the Middle Belt, Southern Kaduna and the Mambilla Plateau in what looks like ethnic cleansing and genocide, allegedly using FULANI terrorists, herdsmen and the security agencies are yet to prosecute the assailants.

“IPOB is the mainstream organization fighting for the self-determination of the Biafran people against the oppressive monolithic unitary system of government imposed by the pro-islamic Caliphate government of PMB.

“The IPOB, which is purely a peaceful and unarmed pressure group was banned by the government while the murderous FULANI herdsmen ( militia) group was allowed to continue it’s killing spree all over the Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria, in what apparently has become an official policy of ethnic and religious cleansing aimed at the alleged Fulanization of Nigeria and targeted at Christians, so as to subdue and intimidate them into submission cum annihilation”, ADF said in a statement issued by its spokesman, Chief Abi Onyike.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/presidencys-war-allegation-fgs-blackmail-against-ipob-backfired-says-ohanaeze/

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by ican2020: 8:10am On Jun 09, 2020
The matter don enter gear two smiley smiley smiley smiley

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by Chikelue2000(m): 8:16am On Jun 09, 2020
on a more serious note....Buhari has failed us woefully.....I won't even say anything about Ipob....I blame buhari for dis

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by donbachi(m): 8:17am On Jun 09, 2020
Ohanaeze should come out open and give ipob their supports.and south east national assembly members,should speak up for them also..not after a successful breakaway,some of them will be forming odugwu..forgotten,that the only odugwu is senator abaribe.

311 Likes 29 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by caleboxylic: 8:22am On Jun 09, 2020
What stops this country from restructuring police among tribes?
Allow the locals be in charge of securing their states and all these issue of insecurity will die a natural death.

Please, we should have regional police formation.
These are what the Middle belt and southern Nigeria leaders should be fighting for.

The national assembly members and governors from the middle belt and southern nigeria will achieve this in less than 30 days if, they buy the idea.

Ohaneze, Pandef, Afenifere, and middle belt group should meet with their political leaders and demand for this immediately.

NANS and all the students from these zones should demand for this too.

35 Likes

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by Golan007: 8:27am On Jun 09, 2020

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by Naijabad: 8:28am On Jun 09, 2020
BIAFRA, we will never forget.

135 Likes 13 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by saaron(m): 8:36am On Jun 09, 2020
That's why they refused to move the other thread to front-page. They don't want their Taqiyya (Lies) exposed. Only PATHOLOGICAL LIARS WILL DENY THE ONGOING GENOCIDE AGAINST CHRISTIANS BY FULANI MILITIAS WITH TACTICAL SUPPORT FROM BUHARI'S FULANI REGIME.
Anyway, IPOB should continue their good works. Those who desire peace and freedom from terrorists savages from futajalon are solidly behind them.
Indeed Nnamdi Kanu knew it all: I will destroy Nigeria with the Truth.
ONE NIGERIA DOES NOT EXIST!

221 Likes 25 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by Fasindo: 8:38am On Jun 09, 2020
hl
Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by awujale231: 8:49am On Jun 09, 2020
Lmao
Fulani's are actually unintelligent
Now I guess every ibo now know their funds are going into the destruction of the entity called Nigeria and wld probably donate more. Buharis nepotism is a blessing in disguise

192 Likes 23 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by BlowYourMind: 8:51am On Jun 09, 2020
Lovely let us "bleake" the zoo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by Osobi32(m): 8:53am On Jun 09, 2020
donbachi:
Ohanaeze should come out open and give ipob their supports.and south east national assembly members,should speak up for them also..not after a successful breakaway,some of them will be forming odugwu..forgotten,that the only odugwu is senator abaribe.
God bless u. Abaribe is the only senator from the southeast who speaks without fear.

178 Likes 19 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by Glorymax: 8:56am On Jun 09, 2020
Truth will always prevail no matter how long it takes or how hard one works against it. IPOB is truth, and its activities are not obscured.
Nigerian state have failed to do the right thing at the nick of time. Now it's more than too late to get IPOB on the table. If they choose to roll arms out again, they should go ahead.
Until this unitary governance is dismantled completely, there won't be peace in Nigeria. We can go on deceiving ourselves in one Nigeria slogan to buy time for those who are fast pushing their dreams that can't come to fruition

115 Likes 13 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by kingzizzy: 9:16am On Jun 09, 2020
Nigeria is an incredible place. A place where IPOB that is only carrying flag is a terrorist group but Fulani herdsmen that are carrying AK47 are not a terrorist group

196 Likes 18 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by Yirtayekke: 10:45am On Jun 09, 2020
Hello
Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by YungMike(m): 10:45am On Jun 09, 2020
Are you in the abroad? and you're finding it difficult to call your family and friends in Nigeria because of High call rate?
Say No More..... download the SmileVoice app on your ios or Android phone and hit me up to get the SmileVoice Number. Make calls for as low as 11kb/s + Zero roaming charges.

Check my signature for contact
Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by anibi9674: 10:45am On Jun 09, 2020
If the southern Christian's secede from this failed contraption, what will be the fate of the northern Christian's.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by ForeThinker: 10:46am On Jun 09, 2020
I hope people at least feel some kind of guilt when they hurt someone else.

9 Likes

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by Emmacolinho(m): 10:46am On Jun 09, 2020
Biafra MUST come

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 09, 2020
I just came here to read comments from the IPOB affairs experts ...
Helinues,minorityopinion,Sarrki, , sammy07, grin
IPOB Amaka, Nigeria ajoka... grin

37 Likes

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 10:46am On Jun 09, 2020
All these IPOB don start again. Make dem dey wait say US or UN go come to their aid. If Biafra want a country, they should stop raping their women and start using dat energy to train for war because the only way Biafra can come is through war.

Nigeria is too complex, if Nnamdi Coonu think they will give it him on a platter of gold, he's mad. Besides make dem leave herdsmen alone, herdsmen no do anything.

But on a serious note, are Igbos really going to let Nnamdi Coonu be their leader, Guyman is just as shady and corrupt like every other Nigerian Politician.

But then again what do I know?

goaldynboy:

You even have to bold the nonsense you wrote here as if you are making sense!!!

Anyway, as you say your Fulani herdsmen brother should be left alone because they have done nothing; they will turn around and destroy you and your generation!!

Bros you lie, we don condition all Hausa/Fulani for warri o, dem no dey misbehave here. We no be coward like ona, if fulani wan start madness, we start our own

Observer131:
[s]

I dey 12 years o, December I go be 10? Shey you dn dey satisfied? And bros if you no sabi quote & cancel, leave am alone no be by force..see person wey ask me how many years I dey

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by saraki2019(m): 10:46am On Jun 09, 2020
If this energy will be channelled into changing the lives of jobless ipob members it is welcomed.
I saw on punch that about $85k monthly about 400 million naira yearly is spent on this course, one thing I am sure about Mr. KANU is instead of given this money as capital to young traders as empowerment that he claim he is fighting for their good ness, he prefer to feed them with misinformations on a dream that will never com true.

One thing am sure about all this Biafra struggle is that, this people may not actually need freedom , they should learn from south sudan or Libya

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by Atomemmy(m): 10:47am On Jun 09, 2020
Chai

One thing is assured, one thing is certain. And that's the realization of Biafra. Fight as much as you can, Biafra shall come to pass.

Our elders says: The prayers of the saints won't go unanswered, but the struggles of the wicked shall be in vain

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG’s Blackmail Against IPOB Backfired, Says Ohanaeze by realstars: 10:47am On Jun 09, 2020
Lets See How It Goes,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi / Police Raid MMS Plus Newspaper Over Corruption, Debts Story At Dangote Refinery / "Violence In South East: Who’s Simon Ekpa?" By Vanguard Newspapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.