Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,719 members, 7,824,043 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? (34093 Views)

Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? / Landlord Or Landlady, Which Of These Do You Prefer To Rent Their Houses?? / Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by extremelygolden: 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
Efenaira:
I can still remember very well, It was my first year I was living with a friend in a hostel, I so much admire the hostel, but he have 2 roommates already, I ask him if theresyany vacancy is said no , I told me is there anyone in the hostel I can be his roommate, he said yes some guys from my town , I met with them we discussed I paid , so I ask them to go and sort out things with the hostel manager, but they refuse and in the hostel you have to fill a form before moving Incase anything that happened, and attached your passport, to cut the all stories short hostel manager told me to come and sort him out that I’m an illegal occupate, wow I thought it’s was joke one Saturday morning i was sleeping the hostel manager came in with police men , he pointed at me as an illegal occupate , I thought It’s was a joke before I could know what’s happening already I’m inside the police cell already, when we’re driving down to the police station I told him sir I have paid to my roommates , he said I should told him earlier, they call both of them and ask them did I paid them money , they twist the the story around I was smiling, I leave the station the hostel manager ask me to pay up i ask both of them to bring their part but they refuse the manager keep embarrassing in the hostel in front other students, I have to pay that money myself again.Tha was a very bad experience in my school days

And which school did you attend again?
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by donsheddy1(m): 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
LandMann:
House Renting Tips

1. Avoid houses with only landlady. If the landlord is still alive in charge then good. If not, just search further.
For me, I can't stay or leave with either landlord or landlady.

Especially those ones that don't know cost of a bag of cement cos they inherited the house from their ancestors.

I personally don't take nonsense from anybody be you who. You invade my space, we'll be getting things hot.

My father is one of those crazy Lagos landlords. I intervened one day for locking a tenant out just because he got home 3 min to when he locks the useless gate. Believe me when I say that till date my father stopped talking to me about not being in his side. I told him that he's lucky having cool headed people as tenants and not people like me who knows how deal with people like him. Well it's been 4 years and we're still not in talking terms and the good news is that I like it this way.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Dpsychologist: 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
Pravedk:
My former house, the landlord was a very cool guy. He inherited the house but dude was very kind. I left because I moved to a neighborhood with good light. But this my landlord money matter no be here. The guy initially collected rent from two of us, luckily for him when we dey put fire on top his head another tenant was about packing.

The man will just call you in the morning tell you NEPA don bring bill, him no dey ever gree show us the bill. Las Las na last month, the man wife send girl make them collect 6months advance for water bill. When did water board start to collect bill in advance?
Hahaha see me see wahala

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
konkonbilo:
same here o, me self never buy drum too

@success97, I think say na only me dey get this kind problem o. Although I've bought a small drum, but it doesn't seem to be enough.

For the topic, I've never lived in a house where the landlord/landlady stays. I currently live in a compound with just 5 tenants. Landlord only came once when a tenant reported another tenant.

Only problem I have is when a tenant judge others cos they smoke weed or bring in ladies... As if na their money them dey use buy condom or weed
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Ngenge(m): 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
1. He refused to give me the key of the gate after receiving my first rent.
2. He doesn't go to church
3. He rarely goes to his village. If he does, he comes back before 4pm. He claims to be a chief
4. If you don't buy from his shop, he grumbles
5. He monitors your movements. He will like to be told where you are going or coming from
6. He insults/gossip about you in your absence
7. He is too selfish even to his immediate family. Three of his five kids are married but he stays alone until his wife joined him from Cameroon.
8. Every year (since 2018), he brags that he is rich and 68 years old
9. He takes joy in seeing one struggling
10. He wants to be worshipped by his tenants by running errands for him whether it is convenient for you or not
11. He connected the sumo pump with his deep freezer, making it difficult for us to have water when EEDC restores light
12. He hardly pays complete electric bill
13. He wants us to pay more bills than the one due for the month.
His murmurings are many

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Dpsychologist: 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ngenge:
1. He refused to give me the key of the gate after receiving my first rent.
2. He doesn't go to church
3. He rarely goes to his village. If he does, he comes back before 4pm. He claims to be a chief
4. If you don't buy from his shop, he grumbles
5. He monitors your movements. He will like to be told where you are going or coming from
6. He insults/gossip about you in your absence
7. He is too selfish even to his immediate family. Three of his five kids are married but he stays alone until his wife joined him from Cameroon.
8. Every year (since 2018), he brags that he is rich and 68 years old
9. He takes joy in seeing one struggling
10. He wants to be worshipped by his tenants by running errands for him whether it is convenient for you or not
11. He connected the sumo pump with his deep freezer, making it difficult for us to have water when EEDC restores light
12. He hardly pays complete electric bill
13. He wants us to pay more bills than the one due for the month.
His murmurings are many
This your landlord is a thug
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Zyzman: 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2020
donsheddy1:
For me, I can't stay or leave with either landlord or landlady.

Especially those ones that don't know cost of a bag of cement cos they inherited the house from their ancestors.

I personally don't take nonsense from anybody be you who. You invade my space, we'll be getting things hot.

My father is one of those crazy Lagos landlords. I intervened one day for locking a tenant out just because he got home 3 min to when he locks the useless gate. Believe me when I say that till date my father stopped talking to me about not being in his side. I told him that he's lucky having cool headed people as tenants and not people like me who knows how deal with people like him. Well it's been 4 years and we're still not in talking terms and the good news is that I like it this way.

Omo bro this your popsy matter nawa oh. All in all sha he's your father you should apologize and move on. I mean 4 years is a long time shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by labelle123(f): 10:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
[quote author=whytediamond post=90486270]Paying with your money for an uncompleted building project when you want to move in ASAP is suicide. I had a nasty experience many years ago in Jos.

I don't want to say more.[/quote Where precisely in Jos?
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by patani(m): 10:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
I paid over 1mill for 2bed in Ogudu. The land lady daughter still wan dey ride me... I top say she old pass me
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by SirMichael1: 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sardauna24:
Bro all what u hv mention is not true,islam is a religion of peace,islam does'nt encourage d killings of innocent pple just like that,all those boko boys u are talking about are not real muslims,they're just set of pple that wanted to damage nd tarnish the reputation of islam but they're not real muslims as u thought,so late is better than never,you still have time to think more about islam,if u flashback to history who are the one's that trigger nd causes the world war which claims many lives of innocent pple,who is adolf hitler is he a muslim?he is a christian a well known terrorist that causes a genocide in d world. if u trace back to history many of the terrorist are christian but bcuz of bias d whole world keep on changing d topic into muslims are terrorist which is not,so d earlier the better as they said late is better than never...
so unbelievers like christains are not innocent, right? That's why you kill them and say you're performing jihad you fool!

Adolf hitler was never a christain, you piss shiit, the guy that was killing jews and burning the bible. You're so full of shiit as your religion is full of piss that you're denying boko haram. It is your religion that perfoms jihad, Al-Qaeda is birthed by islamic terroristS, Sadam-hussein was a terrorist killING people in the west, boko haram is an islamic sect, what about ISIS? Is that one not one of your own? Even your muhammed was never for peace, always going for wars and sleeping around with small minors. The next time you call islam a religion of peace, think about the number of bombs in afghanistan, iran, borno state and then shut your fvcking mouth!

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by ugwumichael(m): 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sardauna24:
Bro all what u hv mention is not true,islam is a religion of peace,islam does'nt encourage d killings of innocent pple just like that,all those boko boys u are talking about are not real muslims,they're just set of pple that wanted to damage nd tarnish the reputation of islam but they're not real muslims as u thought,so late is better than never,you still have time to think more about islam,if u flashback to history who are the one's that trigger nd causes the world war which claims many lives of innocent pple,who is adolf hitler is he a muslim?he is a christian a well known terrorist that causes a genocide in d world. if u trace back to history many of the terrorist are christian but bcuz of bias d whole world keep on changing d topic into muslims are terrorist which is not,so d earlier the better as they said late is better than never...

Will you kee kwayet and stop yarning sawdust.

Baba you dull, your surname must be dolakpo. All these religious Bigots sef, you people never cease to amaze me. You claimed adolf and Co are christians. But bokoharam members are not real muslim.

Wallahi, To slap you they hungry me.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by predatorX: 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2020
WHAT I WANT TO NARRATE IS LIKE A MOVIE IN NOLLYWOOD BUT IT IS REALITY

Have you rented a house and on the day you were about to make payments for; Agent, agreement, damages, security, PSP and even 1million boiz protection, they showed you light and running water and you paid with satisfaction. Only for you to find out that your Landlord is tapping light from two houses away, on another street, with a very small wire. As small as 1.5mm2 which is for lighting and sockets. Anytime the occupants of that house go to the mountain for prayers(MFM) over the weekend, and one fuse cuts at the transformer feeder, na till Sunday evening when they come back we go get light.

And the water you saw was just water tank only. BABA was also tapping water from the next compound behind. But unlike the light, the occupants of this compound did not know that the caretaker ran an underground pipe from the main pipe of that compound and they were always pumping water for 11 hours everyday. Their pumping machine dey always burn every month. The day they found out ehn! I almost ended in police cell and i was just a tenant.

And you were asked to pack your $#EET from the septic tank before you moved away from his house?

STORY BEGINS

I was always paying NEPA bills but i was not seeing the actual bill. Even months that i was not around, i would still pay bills. One day, i demanded to see bill and this man became visibly angry with my demand and that was where our hostilities began. I chose the word hostility because i literally mean it.
Na so Baba disconnect my light from his apartment being that the main DB is situated in his apartment. But as an Electrical engineer, i traced the main feed of the house and rewired my apartment, thus rendering his control over my apartment USELESS. Little did i know that i had stirred the hornets nest. You would not believe that this 70+sumthing year old crooked and deformed demon with white hair all over his useless skull enter ceiling with Pliers and cutters just start to dey cut wires anyhow. All of a sudden, there was a massive spark and fire in the roof of the house!!! Fortunately and Unfortunately i was not home. I say fortunately because had i been at home and there was a tragedy and he died in the ceiling, Naija Police no go hear story say pesin die for my ceiling. Unfortunately, i did not catch him in the ceiling. If i did, i would have taken pictures and arrested him that night as i came back from work. So after he unsuccessfully tried to set his own house on fire without achieving his objective of disconnecting my apartment, he waited for the next day which was on a Sunday believing no one would be around due to church activities. But he couldn't be more wrong!!

On this Sunday, BABA climb enter ceiling again but this time, i was ready. I started hearing movements and decided to close all doors, windows and curtains to make my apartment very dark so that i could be very inconspicuous and it worked. I lurked in the dark with my camera phone on and video active. I pressed my phone on my thighs to hide the backlight and opened the manhole just above me. Na so i start to dey record BABA inside ceiling without him even knowing. Then, as he was approaching my section of the roof, i quietly dropped into my apartment to show that i was in my apartment and that he was trespassing. After feeling i had enough evidence, i shouted aloud...."See this Useless landlord climbing a tenant's ceiling and trying to break into my apartment". Till this day, his reaction still makes me giggle, and at times i wonder what if something unplanned for had happened? If you see as BABA nearly get Cardiac Arrest in the roof as he fell backwards. Looking back now, i am thankful that he found his balance on a 2" by 4" roofing frame. Had he stepped on an asbestos board out of fright, omo gobe ti shele ni yen o! Baba for just fall down and die for my house.

Knowing that i had a video recording of him in the ceiling, the thing just be like say dem pour cold water for hin body. I knew i had the upper hand now. Firstly, i went straight to his agent and showed the video to him and his agent was shocked to the bone. An old man in the roof! Next, i shared with the other tenant then when my colleagues came visiting, i showed them again. Na so one of them go knock for hin door dey threaten am say hin be lawyer and that he wan make case with BABA. I trust Bini guys when e reach provoking and to dey rake.

I found out that this was his usual tactics to lure unsuspecting victims to his house. No light! No water!! But you will see it on your first day and first two months. After that incident, i stopped paying for light, security and rent because i never saw any receipt. That was how the CDA people came to visit me to ask why i was not performing part of my social responsibilities in the community. Little did i know that BABA who accompanied them had reported me to the CDA chairman. As the chairman and the rest of the youths were addressing me in turns, i was surprised to see how civil and disciplined they approached the matter. That was when i informed them that i stopped paying my security dues two months ago. The CHAIRMAN SHOUTED.........WHAAAAAAAATTTTT, JUST TWO MONTHS. They informed me in BABA's presence and i quote....."this man says his tenants do not pay and he's a retired serviceman who does not receive pension so they reduced his levy from N2000 to N500, yet he's been owing for the 13th month now". BABA don cast everywhere!

Las las sha, on a Wednesday of September 2018, we ended up in court. Well not a real court but the Lagos State Citizens Mediation Centre for settling civil disputes between tenants and landlord. BABA had gone there to lie as usual and i was summoned based on that lie. When i reach there, na so all his lies just started falling apart. Firstly, i played the video. Then i told them about the definition of fraud and 419 -which is misrepresenting the facts to dispossess someone from his money or belongings, as is the case with deceiving me by presenting Light and Water, then collecting my money after the fact.
I told female mediator that i know my rights and the law and i am on the side of the law being that i am entitled to an initial 3months to quit, and another 3months again to quit, Only after the expiration of the last 3months period totalling 6months can the Landlord now proceed to court to seek redress and forceful eviction order. And trust our courts na -2years them never judge the matter complete!! When the lady saw where i was going with this, she told me to wait outside. Then she spoke privately with BABA and advised him to solve this issue amicably because with all my evidence, if i should go to a lawyer and this gets to court BABA go pay fine for fraud and harassment. Na so BABA just vex for CMC start to dey shout say hin dey go Magistrate court. ....."That he thought they were going to order me to quit his house". As i saw he was flaring up with the pregnant lady, i just walked in on them and said......."MADAM, DO YOU SEE THE KIND OF EVIL I AM LIVING WITH" then i told her i was going to work and cannot be patient with this nonsense any more. I turned to BABA and said......"I AM WAITING FOR YOUR COURT SUMMONS" and i left.

By the coming Friday, i got another summons from the CMC to revisit our case which i honoured. This time another lady handled our case. I no go lie, na her beauty make me pity BABA. The babe sabi wyne pesin (In Broda Lasisi Elenu's voice). I no know whether she don wyne BABA taya or BABA just dey fear say me, i fit no commot for hin house, unto say i go still dey behave like BASTARD. I just dey see say as the woman dey talk, BABA just dey humble like Dove abi Puppy. In the end BABA conceded but with the condition that i must clear the $HIT in the septic tank.
After the woman finished with BABA, she went through my file and asked that we settle this amicably bla bla bla. Well i ended up shaving off 1 month and instead of 6months, i requested for 5months rent-free to get my finances in order so that i can leave, BABA was incensed but he had no choice.
Then they asked that we sign on each others document. Na so i see the condition on BABA's document concerning soak-away septic tank. As a graduate, i wrote on his paper that i am not clearing any SHEET and this agreement would be voided if this is one of the conditions and signed underneath my statement and at the bottom end of the forms. The woman just smiled and told me......."Your parents did not waste money on you"

In case you are wondering, i did not pack any SHEET

The house is on a street which is off BAMISHILE STREET, EGBEDA.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by buddy221(m): 10:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
My landlady starts singing from 3am to 7am everyday. I complained that she should reduce her voice when signing. It's the worst right now.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sardauna24:
Bro my advice for u is to embrace islam the religion of peace,you will start to be loving religion.you will have a peace of mind till everlasting..
Pls stop all this religious wars that same Islam promotes underage marriage supports violence and killing.no religion is better than the other.the major aim is to know God and be free from sin
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sardauna24:
Stop talking bullshit Hitler parents were devote Catholics but he loathed Christianity and religion.
We all know what Islam is about killing terrorism.let me ask you is boko haram isis al-Qaeda and other sects are they not muslims.
Your mentality is the reason why middle East asia Africa and some minor part of eastern Europe are still not developed.embrace everyone with love.Do you know atheist live better lives than Christian and muslims,wake up my brother feel your heart with love light and wisdom

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by RealEzee(m): 11:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
mfm04622:

You are very wicked! Stayed in somebody's house for 2 years without paying? I pray somebody do the same to you
yeah that's what happen when you treat people wrongly, the law will punish you.
I won't be stupid like that landlady to try scam my tenants cos I know if they're like me they might end up staying in my house for 5 years without paying a dime too,so you better be honest with your tenants before you jam one like me that will ruin you with the law mehn.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Codyt(m): 11:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
illicit:
Back then at school, My landlord likes to barge into my room unannounced especially when am with a guest....

When I challenged him, he said it's his house afterall.... I had to report him to his mother and wives
Wow...wives...
Baba don jaiye oo
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Codyt(m): 12:03am On Jun 10, 2020
roughdiamond:
While in school 2012 precisely, a friend got connected to an admission seeker by his close friend. So he pleaded with me to help the girl process her admission. I was still on the process when he called one day that the girl is on her way coming to school and he would like she stays with me. I was confused and disappointed but just accepted. My room faces that of my landlady's directly and she hates visitors like mad. The girl spent the first week and the landlady instructed me to send her away as she can't accept a visitor. I tried all I could begging her but she refused. I refused to let the girl go too as according to her, she was tired of staying at home doing nothing. One day, I returned from morning mass and the landlady started shouting that I go to morning masses everyday but live with a girl in my room. Her voice went far reaching neighboring houses. It was highly embarrassing but I just laughed all through. The worst was when my friends searching for an accommodation came to stay with me while they continue with their search. The woman confronted them in my absence to leave her house but one told her that we were all brothers and they will be staying with me. I returned home and found the woman crying and calling her ancestors to help fight for her that I want to chase her out from her house. I met her and she quickly gave me back my rent to leave her house. I had to calm her down and talk to her. The drama continued till my graduation as I got many visitors (mainly female friends and sisters ) who attracted her attention. I never blamed her though, because she was limited to her environment. Still love her (Mama as I fondly called her) and must visit whenever I visit the school.
grin grin
Dude thats one hell of a landlady.
So hilarious

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Codyt(m): 12:06am On Jun 10, 2020
konkonbilo:
I just rented a flat last week, didn't know that they put on water only once a day and the water finishes after 30min or 1hr the most. I'm really angry now because have paid and packed in after suffering searching for house over a month and wasted alot of money on agent dues and transporting different agent from one location to another. When I was showned the house they assured me there's water and it was locked from the back.. When I complained the landlady said I should go buy drum that even her uses drum for storage of water. Though the rooms of the house are big, that was what attracted me that atleast I could use for my work as well. But that baggage de disturb me and the gate is been locked so early.
This is the most annoying par
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:07am On Jun 10, 2020
Dpsychologist:

Its the landlord
re you sure? He owns a property yet lives like a begger?
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Joshrob(m): 12:10am On Jun 10, 2020
While in school me and my two friends rented a 2 bedroom flat,the landlord is stay in the first flat close to the gate,so he knows when are coming in and going out.
After our first year,this man asked us to leave .we asked him what's our offence bcus we like the house.. even when we are broke babe still dey believe us bcus the house.
He said
Joshua I know the only 2 girls that use to come and ask after you.
Eze I know you don't bring girls frequently,just one and it's not all the time.
Ochuku(RIP) I don't know your girlfriend,you bring different girls everyday,we don't know the one that will invite arm robber. And my daughter is growing up, don't want her to learn bad habits from them.
Na so Baba chase us o.
There's a day we went to watch match with out landlord, he's an arsenal fan. Arsenal are losing 4-1 or so.
Baba vex leave us go house,lock gate self.
Arsenal latter won 7-5(I thinks it's a Carling cup match),we came back and shout from outside that arsenal won,Baba run come open gate,dey shout up gunners.

14 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by AmuRubber(m): 3:03am On Jun 10, 2020
extremelygolden:

And which school did you attend again?

My head was spinning while I was trying to comprehend his story. Our Education System truly needs a massive reform.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by whytediamond(m): 4:03am On Jun 10, 2020
[quote author=labelle123 post=90496244][/quote]

The house next to 18th Street Lounge. Just behind National Library. Are you a Josite?
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by ArcFresky(m): 5:47am On Jun 10, 2020
RealEzee:
� � Oh mine was wild, barely 4 months in the flat she issued quit notice because we didn't accept to pay for outstanding nepa bill by the previous tenant, she didn't even fix the kitchen and the master's bedroom she promised to, the woman worry ehnn,las las we went to court and got extension, like play like play we ended up staying there for two extra years without paying a dime for rent, she thought na only her know lawyer lol madam changed lawyers 4 times.

Wetin vex me pass was our next door neighbor who mumu himself telling us that we should just pay the bill so peace will reign,we were like no p pls help us pay as a good Samaritan abi u be UN youth ambassador, he was even driving the landlady mother sef, omo them turn the guy to house boy guun, twas too late for him before his eyes clear lol.

You are. Wicked nigger..... When you know say you no like house, you for leave naa...
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by ArcFresky(m): 6:15am On Jun 10, 2020
I think wealth also matters.

If your landlord or landlady is wealthy, every where go calm.

I stayed in ilesha, 3 years..
First landlady was the daughter of Babalola of CAC, Her house make sense, although old, but the things inside were quality (serviced apartment).

The only problem was, she always came to my flat to check on how things were maintained, I didn't mind though, apart from that, that woman dey mind her business.

Second house, the landlady stayed in the main house, while I stayed in the bq

Mama was former House of reps memeber, but she got trust issues and was very lonely, although she fine and men were chasing her, but she thought it was for her money.

We can talk from morning to night, and that was my only problem, cos she fit come wake me 7:00am make we gist, or even call me in the midnight, that she can't sleep.

I ran bank errands for both women, withdraw, deposit, phone passwords, e.t.c

At the end of the day, no problem, I left before my rent expired.

First ladylady gave me 1 month back and prayer, plus a big contract sef and a job later.

Second landlady cried when I was leaving, that I should not leave, that I should stay free, it was tempting, but ilesha was local and I hate free things.
She gave me 1 month back and told her driver to pack my load and take to my new house in Ib, even came to spend a night in my house. Got a contract from her too.

All my friends were calling her, my sugar mummy, lol.... But she carzy gaan oohh, as everybody fear her for street.

In all, I think In seeking accommodation, one must research well, ask questions, get something affordable and speak calmly but with authority.

One thing that has helped me, has been my interaction with Potential landlords, I can fairly accurately judge your Character. I also believe being an architect, has helped.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by LifeOfTrigga(m): 6:17am On Jun 10, 2020
Efenaira:
I can still remember very well, It was my first year I was living with a friend in a hostel, I so much admire the hostel, but he have 2 roommates already, I ask him if theresyany vacancy is said no , I told me is there anyone in the hostel I can be his roommate, he said yes some guys from my town , I met with them we discussed I paid , so I ask them to go and sort out things with the hostel manager, but they refuse and in the hostel you have to fill a form before moving Incase anything that happened, and attached your passport, to cut the all stories short hostel manager told me to come and sort him out that I’m an illegal occupate, wow I thought it’s was joke one Saturday morning i was sleeping the hostel manager came in with police men , he pointed at me as an illegal occupate , I thought It’s was a joke before I could know what’s happening already I’m inside the police cell already, when we’re driving down to the police station I told him sir I have paid to my roommates , he said I should told him earlier, they call both of them and ask them did I paid them money , they twist the the story around I was smiling, I leave the station the hostel manager ask me to pay up i ask both of them to bring their part but they refuse the manager keep embarrassing in the hostel in front other students, I have to pay that money myself again.Tha was a very bad experience in my school days

Lol illegal occupant lol, some people mad o. So something like illegal occupant Dey again shocked shocked
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by sayisayi(m): 6:51am On Jun 10, 2020
Enoch07:
we landlords are not all bad, some of us are caring infact.

Na you tenants come, use like ashtray
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Sardauna24(m): 7:11am On Jun 10, 2020
Gabbyodogwu:

Stop talking bullshit Hitler parents were devote Catholics but he loathed Christianity and religion.
We all know what Islam is about killing terrorism.let me ask you is boko haram isis al-Qaeda and other sects are they not muslims.
Your mentality is the reason why middle East asia Africa and some minor part of eastern Europe are still not developed.embrace everyone with love.Do you know atheist live better lives than Christian and muslims,wake up my brother feel your heart with love light and wisdom
I know that you guys lack simple comprehension,so am not here to argue with small children that does'nt know their left from their right,trash...
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Sardauna24(m): 7:15am On Jun 10, 2020
Gabbyodogwu:

Pls stop all this religious wars that same Islam promotes underage marriage supports violence and killing.no religion is better than the other.the major aim is to know God and be free from sin
I dont normally argue with kind of people like u who lack simple comprehension bullshit....
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Sardauna24(m): 7:18am On Jun 10, 2020
ugwumichael:

Will you kee kwayet and stop yarning sawdust.

Baba you dull, your surname must be dolakpo. All these religious Bigots sef, you people never cease to amaze me. You claimed adolf and Co are christians. But bokoharam members are not real muslim.

Wallahi, To slap you they hungry me.
Will you shut that fucking trash..i dont normally argue with small pikins were never know their left from their right so watch your tongue.big fool.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by mfm04622: 7:37am On Jun 10, 2020
RealEzee:
yeah that's what happen when you treat people wrongly, the law will punish you.
I won't be stupid like that landlady to try scam my tenants cos I know if they're like me they might end up staying in my house for 5 years without paying a dime too,so you better be honest with your tenants before you jam one like me that will ruin you with the law mehn.

No matter your excuse, you are still a cheat and a thief! Simple!

What happens to paying only what you used and not paying extra?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by extremelygolden: 8:25am On Jun 10, 2020
AmuRubber:

My head was spinning while I was trying to comprehend his story. Our Education System truly needs a massive reform.

I felt same way if not worse. It's quite disappointing reading that from a supposedly graduate.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jarus CountryHome - A Journal / Cost Of 4 Flats Of 2 Bedroom. / Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.