Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? (34071 Views)

Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? / Landlord Or Landlady, Which Of These Do You Prefer To Rent Their Houses?? / Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Drizzy5001(m): 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
Jackossky:
Hahaha. Never had an episode with my landlord in school.

In short, I don't know. I partially know my caretaker because my roomie is the one who settled issue with him and he doesn't even know me.

My problem is not the landlord but the tenant, Omo, all these guys got big big generators and doing competition throughout the two semesters I stayed in that place.

The noise was out of this world, I even opined to go get myself a small gen that makes noise very well to repay them for their noisy gestures.

However, my friend(staying flats away) do have a lovely landlord who is staying in same flat and do share goodies that sometimes get to me.
na the same thing I dey see for my lodge o, once these guys ON their noisy gen , them go come put ON their home theatre (speaker) my room go just dey vibrate . grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by rawpadgin(m): 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
Homeboiy:

Hahaha but u know its true na

Once he smoke, if na 10# u de owe him better give am
lol
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by whytediamond(m): 5:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
LegendaryLover:

lol.
e.g Looking for a self-con (with water) & the agent takes u to one without water? but landlord says pay, "i'll fixed a borehole in the compound & make water flow in all the rooms, with the rent u are about to give me. Lol. Laughing in arabic. Cos sorry is your name.

Na wetin your brother see be that o. I wish say na only water wahala sef
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by restore8(m): 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dpsychologist:

What do u mean by CASOR

It's an acronym for Christ Ambassadors Student Outreach. It's a fellowship sir.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by restore8(m): 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
Xavfra:

Wetin be that their slogan again..... shebi una meeting days na Tuesday

grin I don forget sef grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by restore8(m): 5:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
Plebian:
religion is a form of enslavement, seek God within .

I agree with you.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by restore8(m): 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
Felix180:

OAU?

You're close... F.U.T.A
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by restore8(m): 5:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
Sardauna24:
Bro my advice for u is to embrace islam the religion of peace,you will start to be loving religion.you will have a peace of mind till everlasting..

Thank you for your comment sir.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Dpsychologist: 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
restore8:

It's an acronym for Christ Ambassadors Student Outreach. It's a fellowship sir.
Ok now i understand
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by LegendaryLover(m): 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2020
Cc: ArcFresky
my lil cousin is completing his high sch this yr. And asked for advise from me for a course to study in uni.
He's not so great with drawing, but very passionate about buildings & great structures.
What advise would u give seeing u're an architect & into quantity survey (i checked ur profile).
Should he still pick architcture, or qty survey or civil engineering, & why?
pls advise.

i studied business admin in uni, so not too knowledgeable about those fields. But ofcourse i know civil engi. is about interpreting what an architect has drawn.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by philip2014(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
Migu ooo RM of life kiss
Dpsychologist:

Years ago Our landlady wants us to do all her bidden. She Wants to be sending us, making us help her fetch water etc.
When we prove Stubborn she was telling us to leave the house if we are tired. When it remaining only 2months for rent to expire
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by ArcFresky(m): 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
LegendaryLover:

n.

I think now nowadays, architecture is more about creativity and passion.

Cad applications have made producing designs easier, hence the ability to draw with the hand is no longer in vogue, although this is still very much appreciated.

That being said, if he is passionate about buildings, why not?
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by ChiefSweetus: 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2020
Fransisco911:
My friend came to my house just to use my toilet My landlady started shouting I brought my friend to fill her house soakaway with shit. She even said you know how much dem take dey park shit u dis boy?
grin
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by QueenMarvella(f): 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dpsychologist:

Get ready to fight lol

Before nko grin
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Abcruz(m): 12:13am On Jun 11, 2020
I thought my landlady was different until I paid and packed in, that was the when her true colour came out.

She locks well with padlock and allows only people from her tribe to fetch water. I'll have to go outside with my keg to buy water.

She demands that you greet her morning, afternoon and evening. Failure to do so will bring serious quarrel.

She wakes up at about 2am every day and starts shouting and speaking her native language to disturb everyone.

She picks quarrel immediately she sights a visitor in your house.

She gossips tenants with fellow tenants who are from her tribe.

She locks gate by 8pm.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by obstead200(m): 2:00am On Jun 11, 2020
konkonbilo:
I just rented a flat last week, didn't know that they put on water only once a day and the water finishes after 30min or 1hr the most. I'm really angry now because have paid and packed in after suffering searching for house over a month and wasted alot of money on agent dues and transporting different agent from one location to another. When I was showned the house they assured me there's water and it was locked from the back.. When I complained the landlady said I should go buy drum that even her uses drum for storage of water. Though the rooms of the house are big, that was what attracted me that atleast I could use for my work as well. But that baggage de disturb me and the gate is been locked so early.
this one is ok Na. Most houses do this. If u don't, tenant will use running water to damage Ur house very fast. U will pack soakaway pit tire.

I know some landlords are unreasonable. But men, tenants can be horrible, just because they paid rent so they can damage the house. Student tenants are the worst
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Sardauna24(m): 8:34am On Jun 11, 2020
restore8:

Thank you for your comment sir.
You're wlcm bro
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Adetutukemi(f): 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
I've actually learnt not to rent an inherited house especially when the children are not in good terms. I rented this apartment in January this year and I have never enjoyed the apartment due to one frustration or the other and the fact that my own landlord doesn't live on the property but his elder brother does but my landlord and his elder brother are not in good terms. When we entered the apartment, our light was connected to one of the tenant that uses a separate meter but now the tenant has moved out and removed his meter. Presently we are left with no light, and my landlord doing anything about it. He's even saying we should go and request for prepaid meter with our money that he will refund us back, telling him now to come and fill the meter request form he said we're disturbing him. I wish I just have an extra money and move out of the house, the frustration we're facing from his elder brother's wife is too much. We've being in darkness now for the past four days, no solution to light issue.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Abcruz(m): 9:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
Adetutukemi:
I've actually learnt not to rent an inherited house especially when the children are not in good terms. I rented this apartment in January this year and I have never enjoyed the apartment due to one frustration or the other and the fact that my own landlord doesn't live on the property but his elder brother does but my landlord and his elder brother are not in good terms. When we entered the apartment, our light was connected to one of the tenant that uses a separate meter but now the tenant has moved out and removed his meter. Presently we are left with no light, and my landlord doing anything about it. He's even saying we should go and request for prepaid meter with our money that he will refund us back, telling him now to come and fill the meter request form he said we're disturbing him. I wish I just have an extra money and move out of the house, the frustration we're facing from his elder brother's wife is too much. We've being in darkness now for the past four days, no solution to light issue.

It's quite painful seeing things you never bargained for after renting an appartment but cheer up hopefully the light issue will soon be resolved.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Mikkyboy(m): 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
Pack out of that house sharp sharp if you love your life and want to go forward.a word is enough for the wise.
Possiblegee:
My landlord mehn I don’t know if the man is just too nice or something else I moved into his house last year April or so,just this evening he’s telling one woman that one guy that lives upstairs is owning him 700k and then my neighbor that lives next to me is owing him 300k and then one other tenant but I don’t know who he was referring to sha is also owing him 200k and my own is due already like 170k shi shi like this I no get lol �...but honestly speaking after I got the apartment I fell ill that I had to go back to the village to get treatments for like 5 months so I just got back this January and lots of stuffs has changed in my line of business and to my greatest surprise he said he doesn’t want them to pay him the money again that he just wants to send them packing ....well I get believe sha anything can happen and I will pay him

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 13, 2020
Mikkyboy:
Pack out of that house sharp sharp if you love your life and want to go forward.a word is enough for the wise.
i was supposed to travel out that same last year but I didn’t why did you say I should pack out bro please share your views with me
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Futuragetty: 7:59am On Jun 14, 2020
Adetutukemi:
I feel you should get the electricity distro in charge of your state to get your connected via the estimated billing or you can as well go ahead and apply for meter in your NAME.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by tpapi: 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
Abcruz:
I thought my landlady was different until I paid and packed in, that was the when her true colour came out.

She locks well with padlock and allows only people from her tribe to fetch water. I'll have to go outside with my keg to buy water.

She demands that you greet her morning, afternoon and evening. Failure to do so will bring serious quarrel.

She wakes up at about 2am every day and starts shouting and speaking her native language to disturb everyone.

She picks quarrel immediately she sights a visitor in your house.

She gossips tenants with fellow tenants who are from her tribe.

She locks gate by 8pm.
bros which town and state is dat
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Abcruz(m): 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Hasture: 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
I had cases when I had nothing to pay for the rent, and I requested a delay of just a couple of days, but the landlord was unshakable and told me to leave the apartment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jarus CountryHome - A Journal / Cost Of 4 Flats Of 2 Bedroom. / Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.