Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls (907 Views)

Relationship:ur Key To Lonliness / Help To Mak Decision In My Current Relationship... Ur Comment Is Important / After 2yrs Relationship, Ur Luv Now Said Am No More Interested What Will U Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by apol: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2011
Am a young undagrad guy & my 5yrs relationship is abt 2 it d rock due 2d ff reasons 1)my parents are divorced (2)am jst 3months older dan d girl,(3) my step dad as some dirty past & i hapen 2stay wit my mum.4) my self & d lady live in same street at hom & we hapen 2b in sam university. Her family used 2lik me very well, bt suddenly dey dont wnt d relationship 2 continue because of d reasons abov.pls inid ur advice cos iluv dis girl somuch & al d reasons abv are no fault of mine.pls
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by omega25red(m): 6:48pm On Jan 24, 2011
do the family follow the two of you to uni? and how do you know your reasons are why they suddenly dont like you as you say?
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by Odunnu: 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2011
What kinda durrty past does your dad have?
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by Dyt(f): 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2011
Did ur dad lay er?
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2011
@poster
1) how can your parents divorce be the reason for your 5yr breakdown?!
2) and?! what has that got to do 5YEARS DOWN THE LINE?! (wasnt a problem before, was it?!)
3) again what does that got to do with your 5 yrs relationship (unless inc.est is involved)?
4) and suddenly after 5 yrs, your closeness and uni is a problem for you guys?! lol

you are definitely hiding something because if the family used to like you and dont any longer then it is DEFINITELY not because of the reason you mentioned in your post
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by chika98: 9:26pm On Jan 24, 2011
The longer people date the less likely they'll marry.
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 24, 2011
I don't see why those "issues" you mentioned should affect anything.

Sounds more like there's tons of explosive stuff going on in your life right now, and this only serves as an opportunity for her to proove how much she's into sticking things out with you in turbulent times while the waves subside. If you love her and she loves you, and her family has no other beef with you except that shit you completely have no control over is happening in your family, then claim your woman when the time is right.
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by deniyor: 10:22pm On Jan 24, 2011
@OP
You better go find out the real reasons your relationship is about to hit the rocks. Cos all the reasons you listed above are never enough to break smth that has been going on for 1 week not to talk of 5 yrs.
She is done with you. Just find out why.
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by apol: 2:33am On Jan 25, 2011
I rily apriciat al ur posts,imean my STEP dad ave sum dirty past duo not incest & due to d afore mentioned reasons her parents wnts d relatnsh 2stop
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by apol: 2:35am On Jan 25, 2011
I rily apriciat al ur posts,imean my STEP dad ave sum dirty past duo not incest & due to d afore mentioned reasons her parents wnts d relatnsh 2stop
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by deniyor: 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^^^ explain the above in english pls
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by Africanqueen2(f): 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2011
chika98:

Exactly. . .
I don't think the above is d reasons. How's the girl in question taking it. . . Does she want to continue or stop? Her actions will determine if d relationship has hit d rock already
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2011
chika98:

Misleading
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by Africanqueen2(f): 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2011
yorke:

Misleading
not really. . . In most cases it is true
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 25, 2011
African_queen:

not really. . . In most cases it is true
Whats ur point? People shouldn't court/date 4 long b4 they finally marry? The fact still remain. Long term r/ship is no substitute 2 other. Pple tend 2 undastand each other beta with that. No room 4 pretenders in long r/ship. It can be likened as pregnancy. U can't hide d real u 4 too long. I still cannot remember seein where d op said d problem emanated as a result of that.
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^^^^ we have to understand that some women dont have the time that we men do. so as soon as everything is ok, they automatically think we should go to the next step (which is their ultimate goals, happiness is irrelevant) regardless of what we feel is RIGHT.

also many wouldnt understand a man saying that "he is not ready", after a few yrs of dating. in this case, even if they are in love, the sad lady would most likely see that wonderful relationship as wasting her time. how sad unfortunately!
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by mcnikes(m): 6:59am On Jan 26, 2011
Mschew, imbe
**just passin**
Re: Complicated Relationship:ur Advice Is Needed Pls by GboyegaD(m): 8:32am On Jan 27, 2011
apol:

Am a young undagrad guy & my 5yrs relationship is abt 2 it d rock due 2d ff reasons 1)my parents are divorced (2)am jst 3months older dan d girl,(3) my step dad as some dirty past & i hapen 2stay wit my mum.4) my self & d lady live in same street at hom & we hapen 2b in sam university. Her family used 2lik me very well, bt suddenly dey dont wnt d relationship 2 continue because of d reasons abov.pls inid your advice cos iluv dis girl somuch & al d reasons abv are no fault of mine.pls

The truth still remains that in our part of the world, we live a communual lifestyle and parents and older siblings are often times allowed to decide for younger people irrespective of their own choices.

That they have been dating for 5years does not mean they cannot break. He said the girl's parent said they want the relationship ended and if she grew up in a house where whatever the parents say is the final irrespective of her opinion then, no matter the number of years they have been dated she has to quit the relationship.

Moreso, the parent's divorce could affect their relationship because many people believe that those who come from divorced homes have a higher percentage of ending up divorcees as such, the lady's parents may think they are trying to protect their daughter from suffering a divorce in the future not considering that the guy's parent's divorce is not the guy's fault.

This been said, I think what you can do best is to talk to the girl, let her know what your plans her and seek to understand hers too. With that, you guys would be able to strategise to ensure you convince her family that you mean well for her and she isn't making any mistake as well by sticking to you. Wishing you the best of this challenge and hoping you overcome same.

(1) (Reply)

He Gives Her Money Regularly Yet She Still Calls Him A Mugu / Does This Girl Like Me? / Warning Or Mere Coincidence???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.