Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,739 members, 7,820,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? (4466 Views)

Can A Lady Make Love Or Have Sex With A man She Doesn't Love? / WHY Can't A Girl Date Her Friend's Ex? / What'll You Do If Your Best Friend's Mother Makes Advances At You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 25, 2011
Fear of rejection, names calling, and stuff
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by fstranger1: 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2011
rokiatu:

Fair of rejection, names calling, and stuff

?

Must you speak and write in English.

It is not a crime to write in your heavily accented Efon Alaye Yoruba, you know.

Abi, we de ke?
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2011
E-diot, that was a typo.

Why do you like following girls around the forum? do me a favour and stop following me.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by fstranger1: 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2011
rokiatu:

E-diot, that was a typo.

Why do you like following girls around the forum? do me a favour and stop following me.

You and your oily, soon to be covered with Acne, face; you sef dey do shakara

Olodo rabata!

If you stopped embarrassing yourself all over the forum, I'd stop following your short, akata wanna be azz.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 25, 2011
time to put my ignore button on

You are not worth replying to anymore.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by no1madman(m): 7:01pm On Jan 25, 2011
Women will always approach u,if u r good-looking and well-dressed. .
D question is:Are u approchable/presentable?
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Vicjustice: 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2011
no1madman:

Women will always approach u,if u r good-looking and well-dressed. .
D question is:Are u approchable/presentable?
So, how many times have you been approached by them?
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by wishlolia(f): 1:32am On Feb 14, 2011
@Poster, i think culture or mentality or both have got great roles to play in this, but some women could make the first move at men if they have a means to do so in secret, that is where internet dating comes in good. lol
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by MrCork17: 1:39am On Feb 14, 2011
Nigerian ladies cant spek english (no oofeinse) angry
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Tosinville(m): 4:10am On Feb 14, 2011
Fstranger,

Pls stop following rokiatu up and down d threads cos you guys are not on twitter so don't let me twit ur skul, bruh!
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Tosinville(m): 4:28am On Feb 14, 2011
Poster,

Don't let their mamas hear dhat their belove daughterz are approachin guys for a rltnship, she'll slap her daughter gbam! dat you're so cheap in men's sight, our culture/tradition cant allow african girls to do dat even their mentality can never meet up with the western no matter how hard we try datz why i said africans shouldn't be celebrating valentine cos most nigerian ladies are only in a rltnship now to gain material things today not for d love they hv for their boyfriend/husband cos wat do they know bout love anyway?
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by MrsChima(f): 5:12am On Feb 14, 2011
I am not Nigerian and I don't approach men. It has nothing to do with culture or tradition. If you do not believe that you should do this or that. You won't do it. It is that simple.

We all have customs and traditions that we were raised upon. Many of us will not participate in it because of our opinion of such and what we feel at the time.

You can grow up in a house filled with bible thumpers doesn't mean you will become a bible thumper.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Tosinville(m): 5:34am On Feb 14, 2011
^^ssh! keep quiet, did i ask you whether u are a nigerian or are you the only western woman in the world? i'm not trying to say all western women approach men but majority of them still have this courage to ask guys out thats what i mean.

Yeah! we're saying nigerian girls don't approach men but there are still few of them dat approach men indirectly here if they really like that dude cos i have once experience it.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by MrsChima(f): 6:43am On Feb 14, 2011
I know damn well you is not SHUSHING ME! You got me bleeped up. I did not say YOU said anything about western women. I made a comment that HAD NOTHING to do with you NEGRO.

Now come massage my foot.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 14, 2011
Depends on the guy lol.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Awhotu(m): 9:35am On Feb 14, 2011
naijaspeak:

[b][color=#000099]Our culture in Africa frowns at a girl making advances at a man. The tradition in most African countries is in support of a man making the first move and not the reverse.  It is the man that takes a wife and not a wife taking a man.

they don't want to be the man in the house (provide the money) smiley
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by elseohjay(m): 5:06pm On Feb 15, 2011
IMHO, most Naija girls and I'll like to think girls everywhere make advances at men. The contention here as far as I can see is "how it is done". At the risk of sounding stereotypical, women in naija generally are a bit more covert in their advance to men, but there is nothing wrong with that. A smart and willing guy should be able to 'pick' the message and take things from there. It is all about communication guys, subtle things like a sightly prolonged gaze, slight wink and a cheeky smile are means by which our ladies get their messages across. Trust me am a living proof. grin.

I am not sure how many of us (men) will be comfortable to make advance at a girl with a very thick disposition who would even reply to a simple hello  or a friendly wink. So why should we be worried if the ladies are not that forthcoming. The point here guys is how much of our Naija men's dispositions encourage or discourage our women from expressing themselves. Moral of the story if, we desire our ladies to be a bit more expressive about their interest, our actions and mindset as men has to encourage that.

Now who is winking a me  wink embarassed

else-oh-jay
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Abekeade08(f): 5:48pm On Feb 15, 2011
I think this problem is unique to girls living in Nigeria. I have absolutely no problem showing a guy that i desire him, Maybe its the trini in me that makes me forward. grin
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^ Trini? are you half-asian? Most Trini people I know are half-asian.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by elseohjay(m): 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2011
Abekeade08:

I think this problem is unique to girls living in Nigeria. I have absolutely no problem showing a guy that i desire him, Maybe its the trini in me that makes me forward. grin

I don't think so Abekeade (nice name). Cultural context varies from places to places. I have met girls in Nigeria who would not hesitate to walk up to a guy and chat him up. Yet there are girls (of Naija extraction) in the UK and US who are as thick as a coconut, yet they'll be complaining anout Naija guys not forthcoming. Good thing you are not one of those.

BTW is that you in your profile? One word sis - Hawt! wink embarassed embarassed embarassed

Else-oh-jay
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by MrsChima(f): 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2011
I have no problem approaching guys but I don't. It has nothing to do with culture and it is an individual's choice.

You either do or you don't. It is that simple people.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Abekeade08(f): 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^ Trini? are you half-asian? Most Trini people I know are half-asian.
No i am not Blasian, My mom is Trini-(indian & Black Mix) and who knows what else from the long slave history in the Carribean.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^didnt know you were only half nigerian.

your name is real ijinle one.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Tosinville(m): 11:08pm On Feb 15, 2011
lol
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Abekeade08(f): 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2011
Tpiah: As i mentioned earlier, my mother is Trinidadian not my father. In Nigeria, the men and their family name their children as i am sure you are aware. My father is a Yoruba man hence  "Abekeade"which is my oriki not my everyday name.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^i get your explanation.

i mean i thought you were 100% nigerian before, from your name and also your demeanor.

the name abeke is still ijinle, like aduke, apeke, asake, etc.

those are very conc names as every yoruba knows.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Abekeade08(f): 11:39pm On Feb 15, 2011
Tpiah: I grew up in Nigeria so my demeanor is very Nigerian. Been in the U.S for a while now but I am  still a very Yoruba girl. I love everything Yoruba. Food, culture, names, festivals, traditional clothes, Nigerian music and most of all Yoruba men tongue

At the same time I love my Trini people, love my soca music Roti, bake &  saltfish, calaloo e.t.c . I am lucky to have the best of both worlds and I am loving it.

As far as i know, all oriki names are very conk deep names as they signify the essence of the Yoruba culture and tradition.

We are totally going off topic though.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by no1madman(m): 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2011
Vicjustice:

So, how many times have you been approached by them?
countless times(i no dey proud,just d truth)
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 16, 2011
@ abekeade true we`re going offtopic but the topic has been done to death anyway. Nigerian women bad, non nigerian women better. That`s always it in a nutshell but of course people like to add back and forth to make the thread longer and drive traffic.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 3:31am On Feb 16, 2011
Or, my backyard, bad, other backyard, better. Ka ma f`oro gun.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Pweety4me(f): 3:36am On Feb 16, 2011
After my research we all know why!because u most of u guys are a bunch of prats!
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 16, 2011
I will agree to most, just as long as you don't say something dumb, like all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is A Prost.itu-te? / TOP 5 Most Beautiful Ladies On NAIRALAND. "True Fact" / Wife Accuses Lady Of Begging Her Husband For S*X.. Shares Screen Grab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.