Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,902 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? (4456 Views)

Can A Lady Make Love Or Have Sex With A man She Doesn't Love? / WHY Can't A Girl Date Her Friend's Ex? / What'll You Do If Your Best Friend's Mother Makes Advances At You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Vicjustice: 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2011
Why are African Ladies so shy (or should i call it proud) to approach and make advances at men that they admire?
   I'm not saying that it's the best thing, but it is not a problem for western women to invite a man into her romance. .
   Now, i am yet to see that Nigerian girl who would make direct advance at a man and let him know that she desires to be with him; she would rather die in pretence while praying to God to direct the man to her. Why is it so?
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by 190: 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2011
cos nigerian ladies have not civilized to that stage yet
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Dyt(f): 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2011
N who says we dont?
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2011
Vicjustice:

Why are African Ladies so shy (or should i call it proud) to approach and make advances at men that they admire?
I'm not saying that it's the best thing, but it is not a problem for western women to invite a man into her romance. .
Now, i am yet to see that Nigerian girl who would make direct advance at a man and let him know that she desires to be with him; she would rather die in pretence while praying to God to direct the man to her. Why is it so?

the problem is only after the relationship ends

some men end up saying "you asked me out herself what type of lady is that, do you think i can marry a woman who asked me out ?" the funny thing is that they only say it after the relationship has ended

why do they turn down the move the moment the woman makes the move
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by MrCork17: 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2011
Vicjustice:

coz they dont spek english! angry

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by deniyor: 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2011
^^^^ grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by gershal(m): 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2011
Hi,
most ladies do approach those they admire but the main challenge is on our culture. Years back it was considered a crime for ladies to be seen on trousers, have their hair curled etc. Today, it's basically embraced so also will this issue be over time. Please if there's any lady interested kindly SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER REMAIN SILENT. George

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by deniyor: 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2011
Public Notice
I am adding to my concubines. Pretty ladies with cocacola bottle shape only. Figure 8 and no blemish. Must have teeth.Apply within. ugly and fat ladie try again next yr.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Mygoldie(f): 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2011
why should i approach a man,just to ask him out,if he doesn't recognise my presence,he's free to waka, simples!!
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Mygoldie(f): 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2011
deniyor:

Public Notice
I am adding to my concubines. Pretty ladies with cocacola bottle shape only. Figure 8 and no blemish. Must have teeth.Apply within. ugly and fat ladie try again next yr.

You must be one ugly looking bloke undecided
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by tjskii(f): 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2011
190:

cos nigerian ladies have not civilized to that stage yet

wich kain english be dis,wat is that london turning u in to tongue tongue
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by deniyor: 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2011
Mygoldie:

You must be one ugly looking bloke undecided

grin Please use proper application channels madame. Don't feel bad if you don't qualify. There will be chances to try again next yr tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 24, 2011
Some do make advances
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by deniyor: 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2011
**still laughing at the 'can't speak' english comment**
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by MrsChima(f): 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2011
I do not go after men or make advances toward men. It doesn't matter if it a Nigerian, Mexican, Italian, or Black woman. Many of us were taught not to approach men or make advances toward men. Men are the hunters not the women.

Do not get me wrong, there are women who go after men or make advances toward men but that a small percentage in comparison to men. I did not chase nor made advances toward my husband. He pursued me and were persistent. I believe that how it should be. Let the man pursue the woman.

Trust me ladies, if a man wants you. He will pursue you no matter what!
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by naijaspeak(m): 11:36pm On Jan 24, 2011
Our culture in Africa frowns at a girl making advances at a man. The tradition in most African countries is in support of a man making the first move and not the reverse.  It is the man that takes a wife and not a wife taking a man. When a couple decides to marry you will find out that the western-style christian marriage is not considered to be the real marriage. But rather it is the traditional marriage in which a man pays the bride price of a woman that is considered to be the marriage.  You could as well tell the woman to pay a bridegroom price to hook a man. So it is a product of African traditional beliefs. So do not compare African traditional beliefs with that of Europe and America they are different issues. smiley
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by MrsChima(f): 1:59am On Jan 25, 2011
Uhmm. Now can I say this delicately as possible. I do not mean any harm to those affected by my comments.

Naijaspeak,

I am all for loving your country and being proud of it. However, you cannot compare American, UK, and African marriages under no circumstance. America and UK is very diverse and we have every nation and creed in both USA/UK. The ceremonies are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT each time in USA.

Jews have their own marriage ceremony, Muslims have their own marriage ceremony, Indians have their own marriage ceremony, and plethora of other creeds have their own marriage ceremony. So again, when you say "western tradition" marriage, please remember to focus on the PERSON WHOM having the issue in THEIR MARRIAGE.

I get tired of people assuming America/UK have issues in their marriage while other regions have just as much if not equal the same shit. Africans are so quick to say "Oh, we do not believe in divorce and we believe in keeping the family united" Okay. Why are their too many African divorcees? Why are their too many African single mothers and fathers? Why are too many African girls having abortion faster than Mr. Chima changing his boxer? Why are African couples coming abroad getting divorce only to be on soil for a few months? If African culture is such STRONG, IRONCLAD, AND TIGHT KNITTED you should not be having these issues REGARDLESS WHERE YOU LAND YOUR FEET.

Fuckery is EVERYWHERE and it does not discriminate at all boo.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by aminalib(f): 6:19am On Jan 25, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

the problem is only after the relationship ends

some men end up saying "you asked me out herself what type of lady is that, do you think i can marry a woman who asked me out ?" the funny thing is that they only say it after the relationship has ended

why do they turn down the move the moment the woman makes the move

and that is why most women, not even african ask men out, because men will say ish like that, or when something go wrong " well ur the one that wanted me"
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Jenifa1: 6:27am On Jan 25, 2011
Why are African Men so shy (or should i call it proud) to wash dishes, cook and do laundry for women that they admire?
   I'm not saying that it's the best thing, but it is not a problem for western men to do house chores for their gf or partner
   Now, i am yet to see that Nigerian man who would offer to wash a girl's pata and let her know that he is willing to baby sit, be submissive and do whatever else she would desire for him to do; he would rather die commuting to and from the brothel while praying to God to rain a submissive wife from heaven. Why is it so?
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by MMM2(m): 6:50am On Jan 25, 2011
some guys talk 2 much, when a lady ask dem out, dey will spread de news 2 every1.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by tboy11(m): 6:59am On Jan 25, 2011
Cos its nt ethical
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by aminalib(f): 7:05am On Jan 25, 2011
u know wat about being ethical
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Phate07(m): 8:07am On Jan 25, 2011

Cos they are a reserved lot that loves having their men take charge of things.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by SAGoddess: 9:16am On Jan 25, 2011
t.b.o.y:

Cos its nt ethical

grin grin grin Just sounds so business-like! Anyway, to each their own!
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by segunjowo(m): 9:40am On Jan 25, 2011
Most of them are shy. Some think it's unethical. Others just don't like the idea. Only few like 190^ are bold enough!
Dyt:

N who says we dont?
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by amumex: 9:48am On Jan 25, 2011
Most of our Naija ladies are shy to express themselves to the guy they admires all in name of it is not our culture
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by kpolli(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2011
guy, ur stale, Naija girls don dey toast oooo
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Vicjustice: 3:07pm On Jan 25, 2011
Actually, in all fairness, i think Nigerian men with their arrogance and poor mentality do not encourage the women to make romantic advances at them, a woman who makes advances at a Nigerian man is highly likely to have a lasting regret of the action
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by ebila(m): 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2011
@Topic,
Says who? I've had gurls make passes at me,a few even came point blank to 'toast' me.They're not much,buh we hav a good number of em who r confident.
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2011
cos their mamas told them it would make dem cheap in the sight of the man. kpam!!
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by LoveKing(m): 3:32pm On Jan 25, 2011
@op you still dey stone age.

naija women are more froward these days
Re: Why Can't A Nigerian Lady Make Advances At A Man? by iice(f): 6:19pm On Jan 25, 2011
Jenifa_:

Why are African Men so shy (or should i call it proud) to wash dishes, cook and do laundry for women that they admire?
   I'm not saying that it's the best thing, but it is not a problem for western men to do house chores for their gf or partner
   Now, i am yet to see that Nigerian man who would offer to wash a girl's pata and let her know that he is willing to baby sit, be submissive and do whatever else she would desire for him to do; he would rather die commuting to and from the brothel while praying to God to rain a submissive wife from heaven. Why is it so?

loool.
Well i do/did/can make advances.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A True Life Story Of A Lonely Woman / Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? / A Girl Asked Me If I Have A Gf, What Does This Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.