Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married (3438 Views)

She Slept With My Best Buddy And Expects Me To End Friendship With Him. / Mentalities Of Opposite Sex You Hate / Blunders You Have Made Infront Of Opposite Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by soserious(f): 10:12pm On Jan 24, 2011
So in a marriage, would you feel it's ok for your spouse to be best friends or close friends with someone of the opposite gender. Close personal friend NOT mutual friends with the both of you but their own friend whom they are in CONSTANT and DAILY talking and texting (late night texting included) and occasionally hanging out when their schedules permit? Would this be ok with you if it were you with a spouse who has this kind friendship/relationship or could this potentially lead to problems in the marriage?
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by deniyor: 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2011
Nope.
Any friend of hers becomes a friend to the family. Vice versa.
As with anything else, there are also limits. Constant late night txt msgs and the likes will hv to stop. Emergencies and very important issues are ok at that time. Everything else can wait till the morning.
Moreover the guy should try concentrating on his relationships and stop disturbing me with his constant interference.

Even without being married, I introduce my friends to my gf.
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by koolchicco: 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2011
soserious:

So in a marriage, would you feel it's ok for your spouse to be best friends or close friends with someone of the opposite gender. Close personal friend NOT mutual friends with the both of you but their own friend whom they are in CONSTANT and DAILY talking and texting (late night texting included) and occasionally hanging out when their schedules permit? Would this be ok with you if it were you with a spouse who has this kind friendship/relationship or could this potentially lead to problems in the marriage?

Hmm lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by MLSwiss: 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2011
My boyfriend ALREADY had female friends before we met and vice versa. So no, it doesn't bother me AT ALL. The 'friendship' has been established. I've gotten to know them and I really love them but they remain my man's friends. BUT if my man decides to have new female friends, it'll definitely bother me . . .
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by LordReed(m): 11:34am On Jan 25, 2011
Late night texting to a person of opposite gender in a marriage is a definite no-no and I don't care how close or how long they've been friends. Unless its an emergency calling or texting a married person after hours is disrespectful.

What does he want to say that can't wait till morning? Abeg go sleep jor!
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by Africanqueen2(f): 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2011
It is not advisable. Your best friend should be your spouse the others should have their limits. Cos it through friends and family that the devil creep in marriages. One should be careful bout who to draw close to and how.
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by Pennywise(m): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2011
I certainly wont tolerate that nonsense even if he is a christian brother. Temptations are best avoided. An erect dyck cant be bothered about a marriage that took place
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by Africanqueen2(f): 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2011
Pennywise:

An erect dyck cant be bothered about a marriage that took place
I love this. . . So true grin
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by Africanqueen2(f): 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2011
You base it on d female aspect alone. So are you people saying its ok for guys to have best friends but not for ladies to? A wet pussy doesn't care bout a vow either.
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by koolchicco: 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2011
African_queen:

You base it on d female aspect alone. So are you people saying its ok for guys to have best friends but not for ladies to? [size=13pt]A wet kitty doesn't care bout a vow either.[/size]

Hmm, I quite like that. . . grin
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by soserious(f): 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2011
African_queen:

You base it on d female aspect alone. So are you people saying its ok for guys to have best friends but not for ladies to? A wet kitty doesn't care bout a vow either.
I notice this too from the guys, maybe double standard?
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2011
As long as the best friend is homosexual, no problem cool
Re: Having Close Friendship With Someone Of opposite gender While Married by soserious(f): 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2011
African_queen:

It is not advisable. Your best friend should be your spouse the others should have their limits. Cos it through friends and family that the devil creep in marriages. One should be careful bout who to draw close to and how.

I like this, it is very true

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Women Should Never Lie To Men About / How Can I Advise A Friend Of Mine Who Changes Girlfriends Like Wrapper? / Have We Got Any Nairaland Marriage Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.