Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? (97690 Views)

Have You Dated An Older Lady Before, How Was Your Experience? / Have You Dated A Big Girl Before? Here Is My Experience With Them / 8 Features Of Ladies Who Desperately Want A Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Ekakamba: 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
ednut1:
In 2017 i met a lady who wanted marriage in 6 months. Told her i had financial commitments as i took a loan to buy land and i missed promotion at work. So money no dey. This was just second date o. She said she will contribute for the wedding and it has to happen next year. She was like i know what i want bla bla. She is still single today. Idiat lady

I don get new concept. Thanks. grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Joshmuch: 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dicktion:
Especially when they clock 30
There's nothing a lady loathes in the entire universe like clocking 30 without a husband.

They can even visit babalawo to get you trapped in marriage. Beware!
yet, they can ditch guys right, left and center in their 20s.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by mkoabiola: 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
Gals above 30 .

Run

3 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Halo22: 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
I have been laughing all through, knowing quite alright am a victim of the situation. My babe will not allow me to rest with her normal question, "when are coming to see my parents?" I have told her that I would do that when am ready, but she kept on disturbing. I even lied to her that in my family, pregnancy before introduction I'd forbidden in case she wants to hook me with that. I pity ladies shaa cos of how they mind is fashioned, but I will not please anyone to displease myself.

14 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by zedegit: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
Blackmoran:
Yea my ex..... She came all the way from benue to leave with me, every day she keeps bombarding me with pictures of people wedding, fantasising on babies and us having kid together... Though this girl was cool she is homely can cook clean and kind of intelligent to spice it up my family loves her so much especially my dad, she has this free spirit personality.. But my instinct wasn't good with the idea it was too good to be true.. And secondly I wasn't ready financially to take on the burden of marriage but this girl never mind.... During December she travelled with my junior sister to his home town, to cut the story short I followed my instinct and today am a surviver of what would have given me heart attack....... During the thick of the moment she started showing are true colour, that homely girl started showing arrogant trait, the change was fast that I thought this can't be true... I did the right thing I broke up with her... Though my dad was sad about it but I let him know I know her more Than Them and what she portray is not who she is... A week after we brokeup my junior sister gave me the shocking news of my life.... That my ex was pregnant. . I didn't believe her cause We haven't had sex up to 4 months meaning when she was with me she was banging another dick... I waited till eight month later to find out she gave birth to a baby boy...and here let me burst your brain the father of the baby was my best friend who I trust so much...na that one pain me pass ... Lesson when a girl is trying to rush you into marraige run for your life.... If you want to get married do it at your convenient time... All girls would be at there good behavior during courtship, this one even take it to the extreme she even dey cut grass for compound... Na after marriage woman go show you are real colour....

Cut grass? Like seriously?
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Validated: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
zuby4real10:
She was so desperate to the extent that even if she wants to give or collect something from me she has to kneel small. Always calling me her husband. She is more than 100% nice and submissive.she is the only lady that I have ever see that didn't wait for her man to introduce her to his family. I don't even know how she got my mum's number nd start communicating with her. I single handed sponsored her 3 years NCE education. From the comments I am seen here on nairaland is as if as I am the only man that sponsored a lady's education with out regrets uptil date. My only problem with this lady is that she and her family are so poor to the extent that they see me as their meal ticket, as if as am the best thing that ever happens to them. I thinked about the liability of marrying this girl and her family own I run. Uptil now the lady is still waiting and begging for me to come back. She is always asking what she did wrong. I beg I no fit kill myself, love and loyalty alone can not sustain a marriage cos they can't pay bills.
You are ungrateful. Who told you that she will be eternally poor? God gave you a soul mate to lift that family. He knows ways and means you do not. Go and marry that woman otherwise the next bus top might be disastrous.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by boyjo: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
sassysure:

U want to marry me cheesy
I am a married woman of course.

Just wanted to let you guys know it ain't easy on babes too. In dormitory, I was nicknamed one guys name because he couldn't give up. Till I went to uni.

He is one of my cousin's friend. Took my picture( don't know if its with his permission) from his house and enlarged. Hung in his sitting room.
When he finally got the message that I don't want to marry him, he went for another person. It was around Easter break and I came home from school, was jisting with a nebor when I saw a convoy of cars,asked and was told it's the guy. This guy still stopped, walked up to where me and the elderly woman were. Thank goodness for that woman. She deflected what would have hung me finally. I saw this guy with the wife drove pass me the next day, he stopped and came out to greet me. I have to involve the head of his family. I sneak in to my village towards late evening, use apiam way and enter my house through the backyard. Stay with my mum without coming out till I leave. All because of men. They will be at the compound with the elders and I will jump fence from the back and disappear straight to my mum's hometown.

Girls get it worst. They will ruin your reputation. They will go to beer parlour and make u the topic of discussion.
A babe almost blinded me with very long cane simply because her so called boyfriend wanted to marry me. His dad mandated him to marry me. Have never met the guy. Actually bypassed him on his way to my house to see me
He don't know me either. It wasn't easy for me at all. Some babes get guys who want to befriend them, I get suitors. Had few,very few guys who want to befriend me and all were outside my state.

Some will stalk you.

So when u guys are busy making it look like babes are all over you, know that your brothers are killing themselves over other women. They spent money, they can go to any length.

The way men aggressively pursued me actually had a very negative effect on me toward men cos it was suffocating and too clingy. Yeah, at a point my mummy got worried cos I never responded positively to any.

You want to know about what women pass through in the hands of men, u will never find it here, go to hair salon or campus and you will be shocked to see the level men( not boys) with money and class will go to have a babe answer his name.

You don't know what you did.
You just shamed Musa234.

He was waiting to gloat over your single statusgrin

5 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by saucecode(m): 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Oga leave her alone. This is how you people threaten ladies with menopause. Then when they take it up and start looking for husband, you still call them DESPERATE.

There is really no pleasing you Nigerian men.

If she still says she no want, you tag her feminist.

Make una rest abeg!
Hian,the matter really touch u wella. So how far that your marriage u have been hinting on nairaland for over one year now? We are still waiting for you to shock us

30 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by ekaF(f): 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:
And for ladies reading this, if you really desire marriage- BY ALL MEANS GO FOR IT.

I have men who said they are not interested in dating, they want courtship and marriage. 6mth-1yr. No one called it DESPERATION.

Men cannot be DESPERATE,
They only know what they want.

When it is a woman, it becomes DESPERATION.

If you want to marry in record time, leave guys in their 20s. Go straight to 33 and above. Trust me, their “DESPERATION“ would match yours.

I have friends, guys in their 30s with good jobs and one thing is common- THEY ALL WANT TO GET MARRIED.

One would even tell me “I am desperate. If I see a perfect one, I am marrying”. I will tell him I can’t see the desperation, he will tell me to shun. grin

Some girls are lucky to meet men at this point, so they don’t have to be DESPERATE. You will see that same guy who dated his EX for 6yrs, get married to another lady in 3months.

Once again, if you desire marriage in record time, follow your heart and go for it.

These same guys will call you evening newspaper when you are 30.

There is nothing wrong with being VERY-pro marriage. Let no one blackmail you into running his model all because he is NOT ready. You don’t want to meet a man who is VERY ready, when you are not ready as a woman.

Go for what you want!
Summary
We (women) don't care about the struggles of men to get to the point were marriage becomes a priority.
Just be ready when we are

Welcome to a woman's mind

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Bigsunny01(m): 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
drmikeadams:

grin grin grin grin. If I ever meet u for dis life I go reserve one chilled,iced frozen Heineken for u..

U think wit ur brain not priickk

grin grin
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by ArticleBeast: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Carchoice:
If you date an edo lady. Be ready to marry her. Else you’ll be summoned spiritually. grin
Lies... Stop this thinking. How many edo girls have you dated?

1 Like

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by CsRockefeller(m): 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
evwodere:

Her plan na to carry the plasma TV tk stone ground. She get anger management wahala. See en.. How wish she try am en.. Her fowl 4 lay boil egg. Her full community n'ai 4 cum pay 4 d TV b4 I 4 let her go.

grin

TV of over 50k just like that. Where do u guys meet such ladies sef?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by fairheart(m): 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Wow! shocked
elpochas:
Started dating these pretty lady 2017(big ass and boobs).Always telling me about mariage,having her own kids and that.But these babe was dam selfish even in the issue of sex(once she cums the sex is over).She was dam lazy,all these spoilt last born child with so many sisters.if i talk everytin i saw while dating her na novel i go write.
Had to run away for my life,babe later got married six months after we broke up.But guess what guys!she is happyly divorced now.Her marraige dint last up to a year,i really dodged a bullet.These babe even called me last year and was asking me if am now ready to settle down with her.she even denied ever getting married.Funny right?always look before you leap guys.
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by JamesBond008(m): 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
evwodere:
Ewoooo.. Yes. I met this bae. We start to get along. I tell her say I get bae b4 now. She agreed oo... My fellow nairalanders, every single second she talk abt marriage. Wetin cum pain me pass sef say, one day she call me sit down, come tell me say she give me from now till 2 months to break up with bae and marry her. D gal get anger problem. That day as we dy discuss en, b4 I know she Don dy rise lyk kpomo.. Guy as she rise, she dy luk my TV. Chai I say if u touch Dat TV en we die here. She cum dy beg me mk I jst discharge Dat bae mk I marry her. My dear, I ran 4 my life oo. Desperation? Na author of wahala ooo

[/b]But what's with girls & breaking TVs[b][b]

No try am withy own oooo
No just try am abeggg...Abeggg...Abegggg
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by lenghtinny(m): 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Raydos:
Well I have no experience, But my Sister Is going through this right now, She was a Very pretty girl back then in School to the extent almost every guy want a piece of her, But she turned them all down!!

There was even one brilliant guy that really loved her so much that He even went as far as Writing Exam for her, Imagine taking that risk for a lady?? He doesn't even care if he get caught and get rusticated! He loved .y sister so much

But upon all these, My sister still turned him down, The reason For this is not farfetched, She was a very Pretty girl and she feel she can settle down anytime she want, She think guys will always want her cos of there pretty face!!

Fast forward to 7 years later, She's not Yet married now, Depression Has finished her, She couldn't celebrate her 34th birthday last year, instead she just Stay indoors and cry all day!!

I really feel bad seeing her cry, It moved me to tears, She's isn't as attractive As she was when she was 25!!

Well life happens.....

But first of all, you guys should stop thinking it’s her beauty that’s affecting her chances...

When the time is right, marriage will happen. I for one believes marriage is not something worth getting depressed over.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by bal4real: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
I love your final quote. Your sense is not far from you
zuby4real10:
She was so desperate to the extent that even if she wants to give or collect something from me she has to kneel small. Always calling me her husband. She is more than 100% nice and submissive.she is the only lady that I have ever see that didn't wait for her man to introduce her to his family. I don't even know how she got my mum's number nd start communicating with her. I single handed sponsored her 3 years NCE education. From the comments I am seen here on nairaland is as if as I am the only man that sponsored a lady's education with out regrets uptil date. My only problem with this lady is that she and her family are so poor to the extent that they see me as their meal ticket, as if as am the best thing that ever happens to them. I thinked about the liability of marrying this girl and her family own I run. Uptil now the lady is still waiting and begging for me to come back. She is always asking what she did wrong. I beg I no fit kill myself, love and loyalty alone can not sustain a marriage cos they can't pay bills.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Davicl: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
Raydos:
Well I have no experience, But my Sister Is going through this right now, She was a Very pretty girl back then in School to the extent almost every guy want a piece of her, But she turned them all down!!

There was even one brilliant guy that really loved her so much that He even went as far as Writing Exam for her, Imagine taking that risk for a lady?? He doesn't even care if he get caught and get rusticated! He loved .y sister so much

But upon all these, My sister still turned him down, The reason For this is not farfetched, She was a very Pretty girl and she feel she can settle down anytime she want, She think guys will always want her cos of there pretty face!!

Fast forward to 7 years later, She's not Yet married now, Depression Has finished her, She couldn't celebrate her 34th birthday last year, instead she just Stay indoors and cry all day!!

I really feel bad seeing her cry, It moved me to tears, She's isn't as attractive As she was when she was 25!!
Girls should learn from this and make the right choice early enough.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by boyjo: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
KevinDein:

You'll find most of the guys that post on this thread were actually involved with older women.

It's not uncommon.

Lies. None except one gave an indication of age
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by pich4real(m): 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Raydos:

Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Klass99(f): 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2020

14 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Lonelyloner: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Uyi168:
If we check properly now, u have never dated or go close to any edo lady all your life.. undecided

Oga shut up, it's true. In fact, any lady that grew up in Edo state is potential witch. If you like, use your life take test am.

Talking from experience btw.

1 Like

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by AlexDJ(m): 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Yes...oo,she try to use pregnancy to lock me down but I decline it immediately.

1 Like

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Joshmuch: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Blackmann001:
Mine is different ooo... Just to date her, sh took me to a lab for HIV, hypatitis, blood sugar, genotype and other STDs....

Guyz line up for this lady door all kneeling for her attention. Instead of shakara wey I dey read here by the guy, I am being hopeful sh says yes sef...... Sh dates me alone ooo... But rivals of docs, pharmacist, working abroad, etc full road....

Na me dey even remind her of us and settling down, sh is 26 ND very pricy cuz sh did her own job on time.. Intelligent, beutiful, tall, speaks fine, works hard both domestically and at work place. Earns enough.

Na God hand we dey for her matter!
make I con snatch am!!
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Clothingonline9(m): 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
Desperate ladies we need to run from them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Oshokalo: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Blackmoran:
Yea my ex..... She came all the way from benue to leave with me, every day she keeps bombarding me with pictures of people wedding, fantasising on babies and us having kid together... Though this girl was cool she is homely can cook clean and kind of intelligent to spice it up my family loves her so much especially my dad, she has this free spirit personality.. But my instinct wasn't good with the idea it was too good to be true.. And secondly I wasn't ready financially to take on the burden of marriage but this girl never mind.... During December she travelled with my junior sister to his home town, to cut the story short I followed my instinct and today am a surviver of what would have given me heart attack....... During the thick of the moment she started showing are true colour, that homely girl started showing arrogant trait, the change was fast that I thought this can't be true... I did the right thing I broke up with her... Though my dad was sad about it but I let him know I know her more Than Them and what she portray is not who she is... A week after we brokeup my junior sister gave me the shocking news of my life.... That my ex was pregnant. . I didn't believe her cause We haven't had sex up to 4 months meaning when she was with me she was banging another dick... I waited till eight month later to find out she gave birth to a baby boy...and here let me burst your brain the father of the baby was my best friend who I trust so much...na that one pain me pass ... Lesson when a girl is trying to rush you into marraige run for your life.... If you want to get married do it at your convenient time... All girls would be at there good behavior during courtship, this one even take it to the extreme she even dey cut grass for compound... Na after marriage woman go show you are real colour....

I don't get it,u mean u type all dis and still make it to the ,3rd place
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by JamesBond008(m): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
ednut1:
In 2017 i met a lady who wanted marriage in 6 months. Told her i had financial commitments as i took a loan to buy land and i missed promotion at work. So money no dey. This was just second date o. She said she will contribute for the wedding and it has to happen next year. She was like i know what i want bla bla. She is still single today. Idiat lady

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah @ Idiat
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Uyi168: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Lonelyloner:

Oga shut up, it's true. In fact, any lady that grew up in Edo state is potential witch. If you like, use your life take test am.

Talking from experience btw.
U are a big idiot..
Believe me..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Prettyvirginia:

Sorry to disappoint you but that's not happening anytime soon.

Not every woman will be desperate for marriage. There are ladies rejecting marriage proposals on a regular basis. Not because they don't want to get married but because they're not ready yet.

I don't lack suitors now but at 24, I will be ready and I will get married. So shall it be in Jesus name Amen.

Bye
Babe stop forming commando like you understand everything about life. I have cousins that are far prettier than you and they acted the way you are acting now when they were young . Some of them married early but some married late and some are still looking for husband . The suitors will definitely dwindle down as you age .

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by JamesBond008(m): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Rozz:
liers everywhere as if they are not the same persons pestering ladies with marriage up and down.Pls let me breath mtcheww

These can't be possibly all Lies naaaa

2 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Victoria25(f): 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
��� all the comments I have read so far here are women persuading their man,please what about in a situation a guy is the one rushing The lady into marriage?
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by tydi(m): 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
I already got trapped to one, I pulled out and guys to tell the honest truth my pulling out worths it. Women comes with a lot of baggages and restrict you your time to put your feet on the ground and know what is best for you in life.

When you're successful you can have the best of them to your choice of numbers.

Guys be warned. You rush in definitely you'll rush out and if God happens to be on your side you rush out with your life and sanity.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by fairheart(m): 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
greatbrian:
Started last year as a white man. Met this damsel on my visit to Lagos through a civilian arty. Na so we start, I saw the red flags of are unending call even when I told her not to, so I won't get into trouble but damn it she have one mission at hand and she must achieve it. After I turned gold last year, that was 4months into the relationship, lady intensified the calls even when I was doing course in yobe nd begging her to take a step at a time. I was so choked up by her until of recent where she started mounting pressure on me talking of marriage. Funny thing is shes 19 and am in my early 20s close to mid. Charming told me she can't date a guy who doesn't have plan when I told her a step at a time. Well I told her I can't marry earlier than 4 years time when I will be 28. Na so she open dash and told me she no get time for time wasters. I didnt input the fact that she tried forcing me into sex. But hv made a covenant with God already so I told her it won't work.

Perhaps there were lots of stuffs I didnt know about her

I think I understand your girl. In my opinion and based on experience, there are ladies that will NEVER date a man they do not see a future marriage with. And there are men who will not fling, pound here and there (there are women like this too (although rare now a days)). I am one of those; except I see a potential for marriage in a woman, I am not not interested. Or what is the point of dating, spending money, investing time, emotions, and having sexual activities that have been proven to tie and bond spirit and soul together? (I spent two days with a girl without sex involved, and almost six month now, I am finding it impossible to forget her. Imagine if we had sex?) I am single, and very comfortable with that status, except that I do feel alone and lonely sometimes.

Maybe she has some possessive trait, you know? Wanting to have your attention all the time. Some ladies are like this, and in their eyes, they don't know it can be a turn off for a responsible man. A man needs his time sometimes!
I hope she finds her man, and I hope you find a good woman for yourself. All the best!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply)

What Do Some Men Find Attractive In Other People's Wives? / Block Factory Worker Proposes To Girlfriend, And She Said Yes. See Picture / Nigerian Girl Blasted For Sharing After Sex Video With Boyfriend In Bed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.