Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,059 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? (97692 Views)

Have You Dated An Older Lady Before, How Was Your Experience? / Have You Dated A Big Girl Before? Here Is My Experience With Them / 8 Features Of Ladies Who Desperately Want A Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by zedegit: 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Just look at me begging a girl of 30years to date me and she is doing yanga imagine ��

That she's thirty or even sixty doesn't mean she doesn't have choice.

Let's stop this mindset already.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by boyjo: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ulunne777:
. I then asked him if that was all a wife means to him. Idiot. No introductions whatsoever.

They are plenty oo. Ulunne is a wife material oo. E NO get wetin I no see

E come dey do me like say you rules plenty well wellgrin
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Smile4mee01: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
Na wa ooooooooooooooo.

Is it fun being a woman these days ?
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by bonnyhope: 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
NockMedia:

Ma'am, you must be pretty, intelligent and well brought up. It's a shame that we can't see your picture on this forum.

You have already fallen for that cooked up story of hers just to give women credit

10 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by dalass(f): 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
sassysure:
What I'm reading here make it look like ladies are the only desperate ones.

Have u ever seen a desperate guy who want to marry a lady by fire by force?
He is that lady's everyday nightmare.
Sometimes, u have to involve the elders to stop him from harassing you.

The worst is that they are very manipulative.

If they happen to be from the same village with you, all worst.

They will try to manipulate your parents through their family and friends, when they see that your family is the struggling type, they will introduce money.
Some are so arrogant they will go straight to your people with their elders without consulting you or even proposing first not to talk of u accepting their proposal.

As a young maiden, I saw it all. Some came to my school, sometimes especially during Christmas when u go home, u will wonder if father Christmas visited your house.
Is it gifts, they don't take rejection easily.

I had lots of suitors. If they were 10( trust me, I got more than that), 7 were very shocked I said no, then 5 started aggressive wooing using all manner of manipulations.

Most babes around me experience the same thing. It's worst when you enter higher institution. Get admission to study medicine, pharmacy or nursing and they will break your father's gate. U will get call from abroad( both genuine and fake abroaders grin)tire.

Most well to do men from my tribe don't accept rejection easily. It is a knockout on his image and they have this huge ego. And if you are wooing a girl for marriage, most times, your peers and family are aware of that.
So its a kind of challange and a hurdle they must cross by any means possible. What ladies dont know is that when such men finally nail you, you are simply a trophy at that particular moment to be discarded for another one.
When you say no,mean it and move on.

You're 100 percent correct dearie...

Most guys spewing nonsense here, I'm certain have been rejected/ embarrassed severely by ladies and even small girls. They will hide behind phones to be typing and forming Rambo on NL

Any lady, educated and established cannot beg a guy oh... I have never and can never do such.... Because she knows her worth and quite okay in her skin.. Only lazya be needy people can do the clingy thingy

Hilarious really! grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
ednut1:
In 2017 i met a lady who wanted marriage in 6 months. Told her i had financial commitments as i took a loan to buy land and i missed promotion at work. So money no dey. This was just second date o. She said she will contribute for the wedding and it has to happen next year. She was like i know what i want bla bla. She is still single today. Idiat lady

Someone wanted to be with you that much (even if she was desperate about it) and you call her “idiot lady”?
This is so mean.
Wow.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Joshmuch: 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dicktion:

Lol na their time be that. Unfortunately most of them don't use the time wisely cheesy
those babes want best of both worlds but ce n'est pas possible. It's Pain before gain or vice Versa. Though you can have both if you actually merit it

1 Like

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Eddee(m): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
rowland545:
being a coward is sometimes good

"If a coward admires you.

Respects you.

Loves you.

It doesn’t matter.

Because when you need them most, they’re still a coward."

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by alexsoftwork(m): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Eileene:
If only they knew that being desperate makes them even more undesirable.

u can't force marriage on anyone

what is the use of pinning marriage on a man just because ur clock is ticking then after d wedding u two start living lyk strangers.No happiness nothing.

in this life we are going to live only once

societal pressure has a lot to do with this.

But one should not live unhappily just becos u want to please society that will still turn around and castigate u wen things go wrong.
life is too short jare

Word! Nice one
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by vivalavida(m): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Prettyvirginia:
Damn right sis. I get these kind of pressures a lot too. Heaven knows I'm not ready to marry till I'm 24. I have actually learnt to live the pressures

If you are the one in your display pix, then wahala dey for u oo. The queue no go be small one
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by kolade560: 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
I learnt desperate ladies have upgraded to using charms and magic to trap men this days, guys if una like make una no careful....

12 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Joshmuch: 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
JustforMen:
I sure did.

The best babe I have ever met till date. She loved me whole heartedly but she wanted to get married and I was still in school.
I had to let her go but I still respect her and honestly, I still love her.
She got married then and I am also married to someone else now but I still feel she should have been my life partner.
Unfortunately, I hear she is not happy in her marriage now. I wish there is a way I can make her life happy.

Marry her as the second wife!!!!
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by elpochas: 4:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
noaaw to 2030, the rate ofsad, desperate single women will increase significantly. I pray God help our ladies![/quote]After what i saw with her,i do run away from gals with big ass and big boobs.most of them reason with their ass and boobs.imagine seeing your gals call and your mind will just fly.i saw terrible tinz lol.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Joshmuch:
those babes want best of both worlds but ce n'est pas possible. It's Pain before gain or vice Versa. Though you can have both if you actually merit it
True fact
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Dalil8: 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ulunne777:

Lol grin. I was the hotcake grin

Are you still a hotcake now? grin grin ;

Or coldcake?

Just wondering
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by dalass(f): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Just look at me begging a girl of 30years to date me and she is doing yanga imagine ��

You thought she will just fall just because you think she's old and should be desperate to date you? Beg some more.... She must have seen through your begging... Did you prostrate? grin grin grin

Awww come on! Let me guess...You must be shirt, fugly and low bank account type looking for a beautiful, rich and above 30 to take advantage of... Na wa for you oh... Radarada

16 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Joshmuch: 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
dalass:

You're 100 percent correct dearie...

Most guys spewing nonsense here, I'm certain have been rejected/ embarrassed severely by ladies and even small girls. They will hide behind phones to be typing and forming Rambo on NL

Any lady, educated and established cannot beg a guy oh... I have never and can never do such.... Because she knows her worth and quite okay in her skin.. Only lazya be needy people can do the clingy thingy

Hilarious really! grin grin
when time comes you will understand

5 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
bonnyhope:

Still, there are many of them above that age that are not married despite their desperate moves
They abound
They already lost their husbands in their early 20s. Quite pitiful cry

1 Like

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
I wonder why our African women are so desperate for marriage. Ladies in the west could care less

2 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by angelfallz(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
ravensckar:
Honestly, when I read one-sided write ups like these, I feel appalled. Ain't there two sides to a coin any more? The so-called 'desperation' from ladies may not always be what you think. It could be a way of saying their own mind is made up. They have no more time to waste.

Now, let me shock you with my own story. When I met the lady I'm married to today, she told me straight up that she's not in for any long term relationship. She's almost done with school and that if the relationship won't lead to marriage, I should jejely excuse her. Me being the 'guyman' that I was then, I wanted to chop and clean mouth. I sha played along with the intent to chop until I'm full. Now, therein lies my confusion; the said lady in question was everything I wanted in a woman (beautiful, educated, well behaved, God-fearing and highly industrious). But I have just one problem; I wasn't ready for marriage. Money no dey, even the job I was doing then, salary was around 70K.

She sha encouraged me that we should pull our resources together and that we'll survive. Long story cut short, I decided to give it a shot. After all, person wey dey ground no get anywhere to fall to. We got married in less than 4 months of dating. When I mean married, I mean a proper and elaborate wedding. Brethrens, today we're still together. Yes, she's not perfect just like I'm not as well, but we are still happily married.

It was later I understood the reason for her 'desperation'. She had wasted too much time dating some Bleep boys, hence, she felt she has no more time to waste. To her, if it's not going to lead to marriage, then, she shouldn't even venture into it. What we guys see as 'desperation' to some ladies, it's called making up their mind.

What write up were you referring to?

1 Like

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by boyjo: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
I will rather fight for love other than beg for love

What is wrong with begging for love mtcheww.
All these boys that can't stand up to their peers sef!
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by papyskinsy: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
zuby4real10:
She was so desperate to the extent that even if she wants to give or collect something from me she has to kneel small. Always calling me her husband. She is more than 100% nice and submissive.she is the only lady that I have ever see that didn't wait for her man to introduce her to his family. I don't even know how she got my mum's number nd start communicating with her. I single handed sponsored her 3 years NCE education. From the comments I am seen here on nairaland is as if as I am the only man that sponsored a lady's education with out regrets uptil date. My only problem with this lady is that she and her family are so poor to the extent that they see me as their meal ticket, as if as am the best thing that ever happens to them. I thinked about the liability of marrying this girl and her family own I run. Uptil now the lady is still waiting and begging for me to come back. She is always asking what she did wrong. I beg I no fit kill myself, love and loyalty alone can not sustain a marriage cos they can't pay bills.

bro run fr Yr life.. its very hard to marry frm a family that sees u as a meal ticket.. I dated a lady dats demanding lik crazy cus her family is poor omo she wan reck me.. at de end of the day. she said I didn't do shit fr her.. I don free her make she dey go her way.. that's de best way.. marry someone wt an average financial status..

20 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Kizzygentle: 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
gaius01:
lol my experience wasn't horrible though, well I start datin this girl, besides we are still young, I can't fathom why she was so desperate to marry she once told me after our HND program Na marriage get her, and she was having in mind that I will wife, when she told me this I just stylishly ask her weather I will fit in to my utmost surprise this girl said yes, she was 21, I was 2O then, grin grin (me thinking: I go add 5-6 years before marriage, I have vow never to suffer my future wife, the little I have to take care of her and baby I will marry) she was so desperate that she asked me to visit her parents on what's ground abeg grin grin lerra I no come marry thier daughter ogun go swear for me grin grin besides me that love girls that won't be older than me. she was the best girl have ever dated but one miracle that happens I Japa for my life was that you can't disengage her from her ex that once promise marriage to her just because of his cheating attitude she broke up with, this ex bought her phone sef grin I was like let me hook hand on this and break up, I just told her it's over since she can't leave this ex of hers because they do talk, chat alot of shit tire, Guy run for your life you are dating a girl that's so desperate to marry cheesy
Guy construct your narrative very well. It's just so confusing and time wasting.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Eileene(f): 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
Blackmann001:
Mine is different ooo... Just to date her, sh took me to a lab for HIV, hypatitis, blood sugar, genotype and other STDs....

Guyz line up for this lady door all kneeling for her attention. Instead of shakara wey I dey read here by the guy, I am being hopeful sh says yes sef...... Sh dates me alone ooo... But rivals of docs, pharmacist, working abroad, etc full road....

Na me dey even remind her of us and settling down, sh is 26 ND very pricy cuz sh did her own job on time.. Intelligent, beutiful, tall, speaks fine, works hard both domestically and at work place. Earns enough.

Na God hand we dey for her matter!

I love this
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by rowland545(m): 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
Eddee:

"If a coward admires you.

Respects you.

Loves you.

It doesn’t matter.

Because when you need them most, they’re still a coward."
that's deep
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Alexaonfleek: 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
pocohantas:
Men are just as desperate.

The only difference is, they have mastered the act of indifference. So, ladies due to biological clock are the ones carrying it on their head.

Try dating a mature man and never talk about marriage. Come back and tell me what happens.
lols very true.
I dated a guy about 17 years older than me.
I'm still in school nd I'm not yet ready.
He really liked me sha,and said he'd wait till maybe I'm in 300 level or 400 level before we'd get married.
The marriage talk got me scared cuz I'm not ready yet.
So I broke it off with him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Dalil8: 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
I'm 100% sure most of the ladies married now that had a long queue of men dying to marry them back then, must be thinking now "I'm not so special afterall."

At the end of the day no one is irreplaceable or indispensable.

Nothing lasts forever

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Gidah: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
Any guy above 27 no need forcing again by then by then he should at least know the path he want to move towards life but if you be man and by 27 you are still clueless about your life you should be the one girls run for not vice versa

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Edwin046(m): 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
Blackmoran:
Yea my ex..... She came all the way from benue to leave with me, every day she keeps bombarding me with pictures of people wedding, fantasising on babies and us having kid together... Though this girl was cool she is homely can cook clean and kind of intelligent to spice it up my family loves her so much especially my dad, she has this free spirit personality.. But my instinct wasn't good with the idea it was too good to be true.. And secondly I wasn't ready financially to take on the burden of marriage but this girl never mind.... During December she travelled with my junior sister to his home town, to cut the story short I followed my instinct and today am a surviver of what would have given me heart attack....... During the thick of the moment she started showing are true colour, that homely girl started showing arrogant trait, the change was fast that I thought this can't be true... I did the right thing I broke up with her... Though my dad was sad about it but I let him know I know her more Than Them and what she portray is not who she is... A week after we brokeup my junior sister gave me the shocking news of my life.... That my ex was pregnant. . I didn't believe her cause We haven't had sex up to 4 months meaning when she was with me she was banging another dick... I waited till eight month later to find out she gave birth to a baby boy...and here let me burst your brain the father of the baby was my best friend who I trust so much...na that one pain me pass ... Lesson when a girl is trying to rush you into marraige run for your life.... If you want to get married do it at your convenient time... All girls would be at there good behavior during courtship, this one even take it to the extreme she even dey cut grass for compound... Na after marriage woman go show you are real colour....
Lol as if I can not send her packing after marriage if she misbehave..
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by greatbrian(m): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
fairheart:

I think I understand your girl. In my opinion and based on experience, there are ladies that will NEVER date a man they do not see a future marriage with. And there are men who will not fling, pound here and there (there are women like this too (although rare now a days)). I am one of those; except I see a potential for marriage in a woman, I am not not interested. Or what is the point of dating, spending money, investing time, emotions, and having sexual activities that have been proven to tie and bond spirit and soul today? (I spent two days with a girl without sex involved, and almost six month now, I am finding it impossible to forget her. Imagine if we had sex?) I am single, and very comfortable with that status, except that I do feel alone and lonely sometimes.

Maybe she has some possessive trait, you know? Wanting to have your attention all the time. Some ladies are like this, and in their eyes, they don't know it can be a turn off for a responsible man. A man needs his time sometimes!
I hope she finds her man, and I hope you find a good woman for yourself. All the best!

Funny thing is she never asked me for anything not even sub. Infact there was a time I had issues with my 2nd account and I needed flying to Lagos from kaduna. Charming still sent the money and even when I tried paying her back 2 days later or so, she refused it. I really dnt know why she was so into marriage. Personally, hv promised God no sex before marriage and apart I feel marriage is a life thing since in my Bible the only reasons for divorce or remarrying is adultery or death of partner. So I feel one really need to take his time and pray hard not even with the sad news that grace the front page of Nairaland about domestic violence in marriage and level of divorce in that magistrate court in Ibadan.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by GOOOGLE504(m): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
paulolee:
yup...she no wan use ear hear c.d or contraceptives, she buy pack of pregnancy test kits keep for her locker n they check herself praying it tests positive bt she didnt kno dt am serving a living GOD dt have a better plan for me....spent just a month with her and she de always like de ontop because she don tire 4 my Withdrawal tinz...me na sharp gee na, na when she don tire n come down naim i de always de cum outside d nunu...na me get gun n go decide wr and when to shoot am na.....one day she vex ask me say Y i do like discharging outside of her and I tell her say am nt ready for a child bt she said she just wana av a child (thinking it would lead to marriage) and said even if am not ready she go take Care of the child herself...told her to go look for another careless gee because i don de game since, no be today

Na Real Gee u be
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by pocohantas(f): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
lols very true.
I dated a guy about 17 years older than me.
I'm still in school nd I'm not yet ready.
He really liked me sha,and said he'd wait till maybe I'm in 300 level or 400 level before we'd get married.
The marriage talk got me scared cuz I'm not ready yet.
So I broke it off with him.

I can bet all these guys forming their girls were desperate are in their 20s.

There is really no desperate woman, there is a woman dating a man who is not READY!

Let these guys get to 33, their tone will change. Na today we start to see them.

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply)

What Do Some Men Find Attractive In Other People's Wives? / Block Factory Worker Proposes To Girlfriend, And She Said Yes. See Picture / Nigerian Girl Blasted For Sharing After Sex Video With Boyfriend In Bed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.