Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date (40598 Views)

'Why Ladies Should Stop Driving Men Away' - Nigerian Woman Says / Ladies Should Have Backup Boyfriends - Joro Olumofin Reveals Why / 13 Truths All Single Ladies Should Know!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 14, 2020
Dates are a great way intending couples gets to meet, know each other a little more, interact and understand individual differences and intentions etc. Depending on the stage and progress of a relationship, a date could be romantic, less formal or simply a sit and talk outing.

Dates are usually more formal the first time because couples are yet to know each other well enough, therefore they avoid being to nosy and deep.

As a lady going on a first date, below are six things you should avoid doing to avoid ruining the experience:

1. Going Too Deep: If you reveal your entire life story from childhood until now, you will bore your date to death. Your date would think that if you are ready to share everything upfront, you do that with everyone you meet. Avoid telling it all and being too inquisitive. Don’t be a detective, remember you are there to have fun while getting to know the much you can about them. Do not heap all your family problems and history on the date, they may begin to see you as a job instead of a possible partner. Keep it simple and general.

2. Avoid Talking About Your Exes
: By all means, avoid talking about your previous relationships and dates. You are there to get to know each other and enjoy the company of each other not a body count revelation. If they ask, you can tell them but keep it shallow and short. Do not compare the date with other ones you have had in the past and avoid statements that will suggest so. Taking about your ex(es) will only make him think you are yet to get over your ex and that could make him avoid you the next time.

3. Don’t Discuss Sex
: Except the topic comes up naturally in the course of your conversations, avoid discussing about sex and your sex life. It’s a first date and you don’t want to appear promiscuous, Hot and desperate. Even if the topic does come up, that is not the time to begin to reveal you bed skills and wild sexual escapades, touch the surface and leave the topic, that way you leave a lot to the imagination.

4. Never Invite Your Friends
: This should go without saying, do not for any reason bring guest on your first date, this is one to one and heart to heart time. Apart from the gesture being unacceptable and unethical, your date may feel shy and uncomfortable talking and baring his heart in presence of your friends. If you are not sure of your safety and feel the need to bring someone along, pick a friend, choose a public place and let your friend mix with the crowd while keeping an eye on you.

5. Dont Brag About Your Career: When a woman brags alot about her achievement, the man might feel like the woman is refighting the gender wars. Avoid making it a feminist competition event, you came to see if you could bond with a possible partner, not to throw your accomplishments in his face. He could feel a deep sense of competition or feminine pride and take off. Talk about yourself, your interests and perspectives to life and leave all other things for next time.

6. Don’t Talk About Marriage
: Do not begin to bore your date with your plans to get married within the next few years. You will appear very desperate and end up chasing him away. You have barely gotten to know him and you are already hinting on marriage, that is a big turn off for guys. It also gives the notion that you are not genuinely interested in him, all you just want is someone to marry you.

Source: https://flipmemes.com/2020/05/10/6-things-ladies-should-never-do-on-a-first-date/

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by donbachi(m): 9:54am On Jun 14, 2020
Not ing naija...some dey even ask for takeaway,date bread and money to buy medicine for sick mother.

212 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 14, 2020
donbachi:
Not ing naija...some dey even ask for takeaway,date bread and money to buy medicine for sick mother.
Lmao!

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Web06(m): 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
Upon all the issues the world is facing right now, Na date you dey this place dey discuss right??

I Don tire for this country ooo

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by geedot: 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
Well, I prefer them doing the no: 4. I'd just divert my attention to the friend and focus on her, and even ask for her number(which she will definitely give due to the money spent and the familiarising) while we're about to depart.

When my supposed date later call at night, I'll still ask about her friend and even ask her to greet her for me.
Do this my people, and I promise you during your subsequent meetings, she will never bring anybody along again.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Dididrumz(m): 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
See, these things goes both ways.

And there are too many rules, hence we end up being fake.

It's best to just flow with the moment.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by guru90: 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
donbachi:

Yes!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Slawormir: 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Yompay01(m): 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
Naso grin ;
Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Op you don forget this

Am not happy
What happen
You wount understand

Please tell me. I need money

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by CapitalHYC(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hmmm .. Who is the person that set up these rules and why is it important to follow them , is there any proof that if they are followed, the relationship will last?? .. You can do whatever you want as long as it pleases you, rules like this won't make ladies sound or behave natural.. Let them act as their mind leads them and be happy.....

18 Likes

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by luminouz(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
What else will they talk about then?

The weather? grin

My advice is watch the body language and facial expressions of your date while being YOU. You will then know how far and deep you can go.

But I ain't a woman...so I leave this for the men while waiting for the women to contribute.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by kunle86(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Na so tell them
Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by fairheart(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Flip the coin: 6 Things Guys Should Never Do On A First Date
It's a two-way thing: if the lady should not do them, the guy should not do them.

A successful first date has balance, creating opportunity for second, third date, and so on!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ok

Nairalanders please come to my rescue at my signature, I'm totally confuse and have no other means please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by slimanyd: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
donbachi:

There mother and phone dey always get sick always

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Does these rules apply only to an outdoor date? Or what is date sef lipsrsealed
Some meet up in their partners house for the first time and then go on to have an official date after.
If you happen to meet up in your partners apartment for the first time, you might as well break all these rules. It could make you feel more relaxed, welcomed, thereby breaking rules easily

5 Likes

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Triangles1(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
Shoo... OP get to know that most ladies need you for three things.

1. Sex only bcs they need it at that moment.

2. Money, almost 55 percent of girls follow.

3. True love that can lead to marriage.

Concerning your No. 3. On Sex, any girl that want you for Sex only, all her discussion and body languages wl tell you she need sx.

Ask does play boy on Naira land they go tell you.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by louso(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
No rules to that...just go with the flow.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by barrypro: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
shocked
Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by AiteeAitee: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
This is what ladies need to know. I don't know why many ladies think men are money machines and order what their fathers' may not even be able to afford on a date. I am a female but I believe it is not fair to men sad

Shoutout to the men on this forum who work hard to make money, I pray God bless your hustle. If as a guy, you notice any lady who wants to use you as her ATM on a date, forget her beauty or shape and drop that lady straight up.

They don't deserve you. The right woman will eventually come your way cool

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by goldenboyofpsy(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
You forgot to add... Laugh hard about his dry jokes in case you don't have money for transport so you won't trek home...

Just be cautious and coordinated

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Jimwils: 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
slimanyd:

There mother and phone dey always get sick always
grin

Like one stupid girl I dated few months ago.,always hungry,not even up to 1 month we started dating she demanded fr a new phone..I quickly pick race grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Dhammyesq: 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
dont ask fo tfare or the 2k thing eehn...

some will even tell you their house rent is about expire or that their birthday is nextweek.

please dont come for
me because i am presently drinking plastic origin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Lordfranklin(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
I really don't have any contributions or objections.
I just saw a vacant land, and I bought it.
Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Talong(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
donbachi:
cheesy cheesy
Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by gambia(m): 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Who Rules epp? undecided Some will download all their life problems for you to evaluate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by Andrew13: 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Waste of time lipsrsealed cheesy

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Ladies Should Never Do On A First Date by smartval(m): 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
binarymachine:

Source: https://flipmemes.com/2020/05/10/6-things-ladies-should-never-do-on-a-first-date/

This is not applicable to Naija ladies, they will bring all their family members to the date

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience At A Ghanaian Beach / Man Finds Out His Fiancée Will Be Getting Married Soon And No One Informed Him / What Do You Do When Your Boyfriend Is Broke And Asks You For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.