Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,112 members, 7,828,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? (7780 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / How Not To Train Your Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by isalegan2: 11:04am On Jan 29, 2011
jujube:

When you talk about traiining your child, it could be in terms of education or moral trainng. Well as far as Nigeria is concerned, if a child want to have a future he has to be trained abroad.

This is beyond outrageous.  It is sick.  Check yourself, please.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Ranoscky(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2011
^^^

That person needs brain suggery.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by deluxs1(m): 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2011
In my view, children could be raised anywhere and be raised well but, it all depends on their parents beliefs and values.
@.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Natasha2(f): 11:11pm On Feb 01, 2011
delux$:

In my view, children could be raised anywhere and be raised well but, it all depends on their parents beliefs and values.
@Theblessed,Point of correction-You cant raise a child anywhere no matter their parents beliefs and values.Can you raise your child in Memphis Highschool where 90 teen students are pregnant at this very moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47EOAs9NvEA  .The environment you raise a child is the most important.
you are damn right wink The environment can seriously affect a child whether the child is brought up in the best way. That is why some children of pastors still get pregnant and become thieves lipsrsealed I WONDER IF SOME OF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THE WORD PEER PRESSURE undecided It's not different when it comes to the environment. A child can do something bad due to peer pressure likewise another child can do something evil due to the environment. E.G If i were in a place like America I would not hesitate to sue my father for physical abuse cry cry cry now there is 50% possibility that when a child get to know of his rights he/ she can become disrespectful to some extent.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by danielmichael(m): 10:15am On Feb 02, 2011
america is not the best place to train a child, the onli serene environment 4 training up a child is akwa ibom state in nigeria, the environment is unruffled, maximumly phlegmatic,tranquilized environment,an environment of multifarious multipurpose,an environment of diversity of creativity,an environment of qualified splendous and resplendous individualism, an environment of different calibars of humaniterian,an environment of effulgentism, and more to say, nigeria is the best place to train up a child, thats it
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2011
delux$:

[@Theblessed,Point of correction-You cant raise a child anywhere no matter their parents beliefs and values.Can you raise your child in Memphis Highschool where 90 teen students are pregnant at this very moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47EOAs9NvEA  .The environment you raise a child is the most important.
You are getting ahead of yourself and just extrapolating from one high school in Memphis Tennesse to the whole of the USA.
Anyway there are cultural issues here which you seem to have missed. Namely a culture of having a baby at an early an age as possible.
That in of itself does not even tell you anything about morals there because teenage schoolgirls in Nigeria may simply have multiple abortions which is far far worse.

The point is you cannot use your own cultural eyes to cast judgement on another set of people's culture.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2011
daniel michael:

america is not the best place to train a child, the onli serene environment 4 training up a child is akwa ibom state in nigeria, the environment is unruffled, maximumly phlegmatic,tranquilized environment,an environment of multifarious multipurpose,an environment of diversity of creativity,an environment of qualified splendous and resplendous individualism, an environment of different calibars of humaniterian,an environment of effulgentism, and more to say, nigeria is the best place to train up a child, thats it
That can't be right. How about raising a child in an environment that would enable the child to maximise his or her potential. They would certainly need a more stimulating environment than what you have mentioned or is it just about raising the child in an area that would give YOU the parent the least amount of stress. undecided
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by deluxs1(m): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2011
Anyway there are cultural issues here which you seem to have missed. Namely a culture of having a baby at an early an age as possible.
@tensor777,
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2011
delux$:

@tensor777, Their is nothing cultural about early pregnancy.They got pregnant because of there rotten environment not because of any culture.Do you want to tell me that the love been mothers at that tender age?i dont think so.
I said the issue is not just early pregnancy but teen motherhood. Is teen pregnancy and abortion not very rampant in Nigeria. And who said these students don't love being young mothers ?  You would be very very surprised.
You are getting ahead of yourself with these your skewed value judgements
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by jeremiahb(m): 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2011
You can train your child anywhere in the world as long as they are impacted with the family values, culture, beliefs and respect.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by deluxs1(m): 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2011
And who said these students don't love being young mothers ?
This really shows that you have an extremely poor sense of judgement similar to psychosis. Maybe ur teen daughter or sister wud one day be among the teen mamas,mumu.Go and check ursef up and screw up that loose nut in ur brain
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2011
delux$:

And who said these students don't love being young mothers ?
Maybe your teen daughter or sister wud one day be among the teen mamas.
Do what you like. You really are not in a position to be judging anyone. What is so special about your own culture by the way? Or is it easier to point fingers at other cultures.
You really sound so close minded and myopic that it is a wonder if you have ever left your home state.
Making senseless conjectures about other people's values as if there is any reason whatsoever why they should coincide with yours. SMH
At least it is much better being a teen mother than being a baby killing abortionist.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2011
Natasha,,:

you are damn right wink The environment can seriously affect a child whether the child is brought up in the best way. That is why some children of pastors still get pregnant and become thieves lipsrsealed I WONDER IF SOME OF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THE WORD PEER PRESSURE undecided It's not different when it comes to the environment. A child can do something bad due to peer pressure likewise another child can do something evil due to the environment. E.G If i were in a place like America I would not hesitate to sue my father for physical abuse cry cry cry now there is 50% possibility that when a child get to know of his rights he/ she can become disrespectful to some extent.
But there is more to raising a child than being a  control freak. Fine if you live in a community oriented culture where there is great emphasis on respect for elders and tradition.
But in America a child is raised to be able to think and stand up for himself and to live independently of his parents before his 20s
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by buzugee(m): 5:56pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ranoscky:

@Buzugee, weldone man, I really enjoyed reading all your posts, and I absolutely agree with you!
(maybe) @2good is one of those peeps that would travel abroad, and after tasting some kind of change that they have never expirienced before in Africa, they'll finally put it in conclusion that, life in abroad is better than life in Nigeria (Africa) in any aspect (which is dead WRONG).
Lol. . .Me sef I taya O! grin
kiss. . .+2
Yeah. Exactly! It's only those living abroad that has brighter future. And all those in Nigeria are futureless, right? undecided

Why are there still hundreds of foreigners flocking in Nigerian everyday for brighter future?

Well. . .Last I checked, everybody has right to his or her opinion, so, I guess that's yours, RESPECTED (but, mind you, it's not fact) !!!

Topic - If I even decide to train my children abroad, America won't even be amongst the first 10 countries on my list.

Some folks are just too far gone to know whats really going on. preciate the kind words chief
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by buzugee(m): 6:01pm On Feb 02, 2011
tensor777:

You must be having a laugh to come up with such an outrageous comment. cheesy grin cheesy What percentage of the population in the West are serial killers and rapists? Anyway it is the relative rarity of such crimes here in England that dictates they generate so much overblown MEDIA publicity.
Another point is that crime in Nigeria is due to the existence of violent sociopaths and opportunists with no developed sense of right or wrong and not poverty.

dude, turn into any daily news in america in any city. if you dont get at least 5 murders on that day ? then it is a slow day. in one weekend in chicago this past summer, there were 40 murders. you never jam my friend grin
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by buzugee(m): 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ranoscky:

WONDERFUL !!!

I guess you'r speakin from expirience!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 02, 2011
buzugee:

dude, turn into any daily news in america in any city. if you dont get at least 5 murders on that day ? then it is a slow day. in one weekend in chicago this past summer, there were 40 murders. you never jam my friend grin
Well you do have a point about America and gun crime. A lot of seemingly senseless killings going on over there. undecided
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by buzugee(m): 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2011
tensor777:

Well you do have a point about America and gun crime. A lot of seemingly senseless killings going on over there. undecided
i will raise my kids in nigeria over america. matter of fact if i have to live in america for the rest of my life, i would never have children. cant bring any kid into this amoral cesspool. i dont care how much money i have.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 02, 2011
buzugee:

i will raise my kids in nigeria over america. matter of fact if i have to live in america for the rest of my life, i would never have children. cant bring any kid into this amoral cesspool. i dont care how much money i have.
Your choice Buzugee your choice. But presumably you would love to have kids sooner rather than later.
Anyway Buzugee the world is a big place. It does not have to be one or the other.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by buzugee(m): 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2011
tensor777:

Your choice Buzugee your choice. But presumably you would love to have kids sooner rather than later.
Anyway Buzugee the world is a big place. It does not have to be one or the other.
yup. you right on point my nubian brother. the world is a big place. which is why i am raising my kids in nigeria grin eko o ni baje oooooooooo (thats fasholas war cry by the way)
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by buzugee(m): 7:10pm On Feb 02, 2011
you know tensor, our nigerian kids in the west are all turning into monsters. tonnes of nigerian youths are killers and homicidal maniacs in britain now. so much for, 'if you want your kid to have a future then dont raise them in nigeria'. some knuckle dragging cretin actually said that in this thread  shocked
like i have lost count of the number of nigerian youths who have murdered people in london. its like a concrete jungle out there chief.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 02, 2011
buzugee:

you know tensor, our nigerian kids in the west are all turning into monsters. tonnes of nigerian youths are killers and homicidal maniacs in britain now. so much for, 'if you want your kid to have a future then dont raise them in nigeria'. some knuckle dragging cretin actually said that in this thread  shocked
like i have lost count of the number of nigerian youths who have murdered people in london. its like a concrete jungle out there chief.
Well who are these boys and girls actually? You know I don't like generalising but try and look at the background of these seemingly psychopathic killers.
It turns out that many of them were born in Nigeria only to be dumped in London without even a modicum of parental guidance.
Or perhaps the killers were born in England and they were products of severely dysfunctional and broken homes.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by buzugee(m): 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2011
tensor777:

Well who are these boys and girls actually? You know I don't like generalising but try and look at the background of these seemingly psychopathic killers.
It turns out that many of them were born in Nigeria only to be dumped in London without even a modicum of parental guidance.
Or perhaps the killers were born in England and they were products of severely dysfunctional and broken homes.
notwithstanding they were products of their environment  >>>> london

in nigeria they woulda never turned out like that. the extended family will provide a safety net and whoop dat azz if they crossed any lines.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 02, 2011
buzugee:

notwithstanding they were products of their environment >>>> london

in nigeria they woulda never turned out like that. the extended family will provide a safety net and whoop dat azz if they crossed any lines.
Maybe . All I am saying is that these guys seem to have a lot of anger management issues. Nothing to do with London or Paris but likely due to the fact that they were left to their own devices at an early age. After all in the West The parents are expected to inculcate the right values in their kids not the community
So blame the parents for dumping them in London.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by buzugee(m): 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2011
tensor777:

Maybe . All I am saying is that these guys seem to have a lot of anger management issues. Nothing to do with London or Paris but likely due to the fact that they were left to their own devices at an early age. After all in the West The parents are expected to inculcate the right values in their kids not the community
So blame the parents for dumping them in London.
actually its not the parents fault. being an impressionable youth in a society that is structurally, emotionally and mentally caucasian is enough to confuse any black youth into insanity, anger and violence.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 02, 2011
buzugee:

actually its not the parents fault. being an impressionable youth in a society that is structurally, emotionally and mentally caucasian is enough to confuse any black youth into insanity, anger and violence.
I don't believe that for one second. There are loads of Nigerian kids that turn into fine upstanding citizens.
Lets forget about argument and just research the background of those Nigerian youths who have been convicted of murder in recent years. Almost without exception they come from broken homes or even no homes at all.
To be fair , you do have a point if you say that the pressures of life in the west drive the parents over the edge that leads to the dumping abandonment in the first place. But really what do you expect of such kids who are most probably hyperactive to boot.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by buzugee(m): 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2011
tensor777:

I don't believe that for one second. There are loads of Nigerian kids that turn into fine upstanding citizens.
Lets forget about argument and just research the background of those Nigerian youths who have been convicted of murder in recent years. Almost without exception they come from broken homes or even no homes at all.
To be fair , you do have a point if you  say that the pressures of life in the west drive the parents over the edge that leads to the dumping abandonment in the first place. But really what do you expect of such kids who are most probably hyperactive to boot.

dude the parents are too busy doing early morning and whatnot to offset the never-ending barrage of bills as well as to save for nigerian investments. the system in the west is what caused this breakdown in family structure. not the parents or the kids. the parents and kids are just a victim of the society. hence my reasoning that kids are better of in nigeria if the parents are rich
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Ranoscky(m): 8:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
buzugee:

dude the parents are too busy doing early morning and whatnot to offset the never-ending barrage of bills as well as to save for nigerian investments. the system in the west is what caused this breakdown in family structure. not the parents or the kids. the parents and kids are just a victim of the society. hence my reasoning that kids are better of in nigeria if the parents are rich

Natasha,,:

A child can do something bad due to peer pressure likewise another child can do something evil due to the environment. E.G If i were in a place like America I would not hesitate to sue my father for physical abuse cry cry cry now there is 50% possibility that when a child get to know of his rights he/ she can become disrespectful to some extent.
True.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by isalegan2: 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2011
tensor777:

He knows he can still have kids in his 70s, even 80s and beyond.  "Matter fact" there was a NL thread about a 100-yr old new father.

buzugee:

yup. you right on point my nubian brother. the world is a big place. which is why i am raising my kids in nigeria grin eko o ni baje oooooooooo (thats fasholas war cry by the way)

I better not see you anywhere near Lagos.  That town ain't big enough for the 2 of us.  Fact!

Seriously, I feel you though.  I hope I won't have to raise my kids fulltime in America.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by deluxs1(m): 3:53am On Feb 03, 2011
You really sound so close minded and myopic that it is a wonder if you have ever left your home state.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by Obelomo: 9:57am On Feb 03, 2011
It doesn't matter in my opinion! Do u see pics of Unilags gals, most of them were made in Naija! I know a lot of people who were born and raised in Naija, with no good manners! Just make sure that ur kids are close to God and teach about our rich culutre and values. Also pray alot for them and get them involved with church activities, etc.
Re: Is America The Right Place To Train A Child? by fstranger1: 10:00am On Feb 03, 2011
Obelomo:

It doesn't matter in my opinion! D[b]o u see pics of Unilags gals,[/b] most of them were made in Naija! I know a lot of people who were born and raised in Naija, with no good manners! Just make sure that your kids are close to God and teach about our rich culutre and values. Also pray alot for them and get them involved with church activities, etc.

WHere?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Help Me Save My Relationship / Who Suppose To Take Custody Of The Child After A Divorce? / Can You Marry A Lady That Has Cohabited With Another Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.