Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,730 members, 7,851,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:12 PM

Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami (42560 Views)

Read Agboola Ajayi's Resignation Letter To APC / Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police / Agboola Ajayi: More Troubles For Ondo Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by SirBunky85(m): 2:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
Akeredolu is a Baztard
he's just pretending to be loyal to the apc leaders cuz he has seen what has happened to obaseki so,he had to pretend for now just to be reelected then,he'll unleash his true self and mess the whole apc up
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by raybaba97(m): 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

How did he end up with such a strong deputy? If I am aketi,I will convince olusola oke to deputize for me while I handover to him in 4 years time.this is d best play

Aketi's governorship win was never because he was a strong candidate. I blame four things:

1 The Buhari effect
2 People were tired of PDP and didn't want Mimiko to impose any candidate on us
3 His deputy was a very strong politician
4 All his potential opponents agreed to join hands with him thinking they'll run the government together.

In fact, Aketi is a stronger politician now after his four years than before. Despite this, he's not
even in Ondo State's top ten. How do you expect him to now impeach his deputy?
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by bigcasava1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
Possiblegee:
Why is everyone leaving apc now? 2023 is still far now
that is to tell you that the APC govt will not see 2023
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by fergie001: 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
Dansuqi:
It is not easy because oke is a stubborn and strong headed politician.aketi path to winning and term lies with APC.if he is denied APC ticket,he is finished.he will defect to AA where he has links or zlp controlled by mimiko and fail and end up like mimiko.
Aketi will likely head to AA, but if the APC fails to give him a ticket, he is gone.

Let him do all he can to win apc ticket.if he can't make oke his running mate,let him pray that oke runs on another weak platform like in 2016 and divide the southern votes in case agboola contests under pdp while aketi picks a strong running mate from the central preferably akure or ondo to hold off jegede.this is his path to victory. I see jegede as a future makinde.
Agboola will contest under the PDP and get the ticket. He will most likely pick his deputy from the Central (which has the highest voting strength). The PDP leaders, it was reported here, are urging Jegede who is from Central to take the deputy slot.
Jegede is a godson to Mimiko, as well as Atiku(having been a Chancellor in his University for years).
Agboola will have to pick between the Senator representing Central (Akinyelure) or Jegede.

For Aketi...he has to get the ticket at all costs. Since indirect primaries have been agreed for Ondo, he will likely snatch it. Once he does, Boroffice & Abraham (from North) would isolate themselves and leave him to his fate.

Oke would leave the APC for another party obviously....whilst Aketi has to look for someone in the Central Zone as Deputy.

Don't also forget that Central and South (both under PDP Senators) each have higher voting strengths than the North.

Senator Boroffice from North is not Aketi's friend.

Abeg, who is now Akeredolu's friend kwanu?
How can you be fighting everybody?

raybaba97.....
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Agugbadin: 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
APC as a party is terrible.
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Charly68: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
When you have a legal mind to contend with in politics or any field of life,better map out your strategy very well because they will use all legal means to frustrate your plan ..Look at how Wike brought Ameachi and his party caucus to their knees in Rivers..
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by earnit2: 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
really
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Tamkurou: 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lostz:
ondo state doing better than Delta?

are you sure there is nothing wrong with your mental health?

When did Delta State become an Igbo state?
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Dansuqi: 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
raybaba97:

Aketi's governorship win was never because he was a strong candidate. I blame four things:

1 The Buhari effect
2 People were tired of PDP and didn't want Mimiko to impose any candidate on us
3 His deputy was a very strong politician
4 All his potential opponents agreed to join hands with him thinking they'll run the government together.

In fact, Aketi is a stronger politician now after his four years than before. Despite this, he's not
even in Ondo State's top ten. How do you expect him to now impeach his deputy?

Ondo is a difficult place electorally.sorry,I want to get something straight.as of 2016,majority of the lawmakers were pdp.in 2019,how many seats did APC win in the state assembly,how many did aa and pdp win? Did aketi sponsor AA contestants while agboola sponsored those of APC?
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Dansuqi: 4:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
fergie001:

Aketi will likely head to AA, but if the APC fails to give him a ticket, he is gone.

Agboola will contest under the PDP and get the ticket. He will most likely pick his deputy from the Central (which has the highest voting strength). The PDP leaders, it was reported here, are urging Jegede who is from Central to take the deputy slot.
Jegede is a godson to Mimiko, as well as Atiku(having been a Chancellor in his University for years).
Agboola will have to pick between the Senator representing Central (Akinyelure) or Jegede.

For Aketi...he has to get the ticket at all costs. Since indirect primaries have been agreed for Ondo, he will likely snatch it. Once he does, Boroffice & Abraham (from North) would isolate themselves and leave him to his fate.

Oke would leave the APC for another party obviously....whilst Aketi has to look for someone in the Central Zone as Deputy.

Don't also forget that Central and South (both under PDP Senators) each have higher voting strengths than the North.

raybaba97.....

I know what agboola will likely fly pdp flag alongside jegede that is why I suggested aketi running with oke or if oke runs on another platform,aketi picks from the central to counter pdp...

Am not sure the mode of primaries is indirect and even if it is,Abraham or boroffice Will likely contest thereby reducing aketi chances.it will be down to who controls delegates from the central.

Now if he picks the APC ticket,he doesn't need to be friends with abtlraham and co.he won the north massively in 2016 without their support and will still do so as an incumbent...

The south and central having more voters will not mean much.the north will still give bloc votes to aketi as they did in 2016,they have to complete their tenure.the only place that pdp will get massive votes in ondo central is akure north and south.ifedore and idanre don't give bloc votes,anyone can win it.with mimiko under zlp,he won't do much in ondo east and west.in the end,aketi will end up winning one or two lgas in the central.if he is wise,he will pick a running mate from akure to reduce pdp winning margin.

No matter which party oke contests under,he will still win the south like in 2012 and 2016 this time narrowly and aketi will get the needed 25%.if pdp are wise,they will pick someone from the north specifically akoko to counter aketi since pdp will still win the central no matter what but I know they won't.therefore,they north will be totally free for aketi while south and central is turned to a battleground...
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Dansuqi: 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
I just heard from someone that agboola has defected to pdp.

Cc fergie,raybaba,sammy
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
Tamkurou:

When did Delta State become an Igbo state?
I was the one that made the comment he replied and I am from Delta
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by fergie001: 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

I know what agboola will likely fly pdp flag alongside jegede that is why I suggested aketi running with oke or if oke runs on another platform,aketi picks from the central to counter pdp...

Am not sure the mode of primaries is indirect and even if it is,Abraham or boroffice Will likely contest thereby reducing aketi chances.it will be down to who controls delegates from the central.

Now if he picks the APC ticket,he doesn't need to be friends with abtlraham and co.he won the north massively in 2016 without their support and will still do so as an incumbent...

The south and central having more voters will not mean much.the north will still give bloc votes to aketi as they did in 2016,they have to complete their tenure.the only place that pdp will get massive votes in ondo central is akure north and south.ifedore and idanre don't give bloc votes,anyone can win it.with mimiko under zlp,he won't do much in ondo east and west.in the end,aketi will end up winning one or two lgas in the central.if he is wise,he will pick a running mate from akure to reduce pdp winning margin.

No matter which party oke contests under,he will still win the south like in 2012 and 2016 this time narrowly and aketi will get the needed 25%.if pdp are wise,they will pick someone from the north specifically akoko to counter aketi since pdp will still win the central no matter what but I know they won't.therefore,they north will be totally free for aketi while south and central is turned to a battleground..
You can't guarantee Oke winning South, especially with the PDP having a Senator who defeated an incumbent APC senator (from Irele) with over 24k votes.

Agboola is from Ese Odo in South with about 22k votes
The National Vice Chairman SW of the PDP is from Okitipupa with 36k votes (joint highest with Odigbo LGA)
The Senator of that Zone is from IleOluji with about 23k votes

How will Oke win South? He will be a spoiler for sure.

I don't think you followed the results for Senatorial or Presidential in the North.

The Central is where they most likely will pick..because whomever they pick in the North....Aketi will win..the margin is the contest.

The Central is not yet Uhuru,..you know.

Well, officially.the deputy has dumped APC.....na wah

Wish them all well. I like Ondo Politics but wetin I dey hear about Aketi dey shock me.
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Wailerint: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
Maybe the Op should do a due diligence before posting. The Deputy Govnor have been making his plan to change party, that had not affected even his earnings in anyways.
His arrest was carried out by security operatives for moving properties out of government house without permission at 11:00pm. There are layed down procedures for leaving government quarters which include disclosure of what properties you met and what you’re leaving behind and none of these was done by him.
So you see, his arrest does not need to come from the governor.
Trust that politician will want to use it as a means to score cheap political points.
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
SirBunky85:
most ondo apc chieftains don't won't akeredolu any longer.
why not lol
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by raybaba97(m): 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

Ondo is a difficult place electorally.sorry,I want to get something straight.as of 2016,majority of the lawmakers were pdp.in 2019,how many seats did APC win in the state assembly,how many did aa and pdp win? Did aketi sponsor AA contestants while agboola sponsored those of APC?

Let's just agree that Ondo stare is a difficult place to predict politically. Of course, the nature of the fight doesn't help.
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by raybaba97(m): 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

No matter which party oke contests under,he will still win the south like in 2012 and 2016 this time narrowly and aketi will get the needed 25%.if pdp are wise,they will pick someone from the north specifically akoko to counter aketi since pdp will still win the central no matter what but I know they won't.therefore,they north will be totally free for aketi while south and central is turned to a battleground...

Aketi got block vote from north in 2016 because Abraham and co figured they could win the seat in court.

I'm certain that isn't going to happen this time
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by raybaba97(m): 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
fergie001:

You can't guarantee Oke winning South, especially with the PDP having a Senator who defeated an incumbent APC senator (from Irele) with over 24k votes.

The National Vice Chairman SW of the PDP is from Okitipupa with 36k votes (joint highest with Odigbo LGA)

I don't think you followed the results for Senatorial or Presidential in the North.

The Central is where they most likely will pick..because whomever they pick in the North....Aketi will win..the margin is the contest.

Wish them all well. I like Ondo Politics but wetin I dey hear about Aketi dey shock me.

Please don't use the 2019 election to judge state elections. The interests and stake are different this time.

Everyone in Ondo south was pissed at Aketi and Buhari's performance. It was more of a protest vote than any legitimate support of PDP.

I was heavily on ground during the election. in fact, I helped submit some of the results.

Aketi begged... I mean it, he begged all the people he offended when the assembly elections came. He saw the writing on the wall after the presidential and came begging.

Guess what he did immediately his candidates won? He went back to his previous ways. Agboola had to pay for transportation of the results after we called Aketi and the guy said he doesn't care.

That guy begged before the election. immediately he won, he became arrogant and uncaring.

Honestly, I don't see that guy clinching the primaries. He isn't a man of his word and nobody trusts him anymore. Agboola had to run massive amounts of damage control for him here in Ondo south.
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by fergie001: 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
raybaba97:

Please don't use the 2019 election to judge state elections. The interests and stake are different this time.

Everyone in Ondo south was pissed at Aketi and Buhari's performance. It was more of a protest vote than any legitimate support of PDP.

I was heavily on ground during the election. in fact, I helped submit some of the results.

Aketi begged... I mean it, he begged all the people he offended when the assembly elections came. He saw the writing on the wall after the presidential and came begging.

Guess what he did immediately his candidates won? He went back to his previous ways. Agboola had to pay for transportation of the results after we called Aketi and the guy said he doesn't care.

That guy begged before the election. immediately he won, he became arrogant and uncaring.

Honestly, I don't see that guy clinching the primaries. He isn't a man of his word and nobody trusts him anymore. Agboola had to run massive amounts of damage control for him here in Ondo south.

Thanks bro...your LGA please?

dansuqi
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by raybaba97(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
fergie001:

Thanks bro...your LGA please?

dansuqi

Ah... If you were also on ground during the election, you go know me if I mention LGA o.

Let's just say I'm familiar with Agboola and Oke and leave it as that. I like my anonymity here too much.
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by fergie001: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
raybaba97:

Ah... If you were also on ground during the election, you go know me if I mention LGA o.

Let's just say I'm familiar with Agboola and Oke and leave it as that. I like my anonymity here too much.
I am not from Ondo sef, but I just love Aketi..

I have liked him since his NBA days, that's all.
You are from Ondo South then grin

Respect Sir
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Dansuqi: 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
fergie001:

Oke doesn't need to win south,him contesting means pdp votes are massively divided which means a strategic victory for aketi.the pdp senator coming from south means nothing,in 2015,pdp won that zone by a higher margin yet oke still won there..it is just like edo south or central where pdp has much presence but struggle to win.it will be a battleground.

The registered voters will not matter like in the east or ss.. It is difficult to rig in the west especially ondo and voters turnout is always below 50%.where a little bit of inflation will happen is in owo and ilaje and the agboola has no say there.like I said the central will likely go to pdp especially in akure but aketi will get significant votes giving him an overall narrow victory...I like aketi,I thought he performed but with a lot of complaints in ondo,let's watch and see
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Dansuqi: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
raybaba97:

I agree.he may not win the primaries too..but as an APC man,I will want them to retain ondo
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by fergie001: 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

Oke doesn't need to win south,him contesting means pdp votes are massively divided which means a strategic victory for aketi.the pdp senator coming from south means nothing,in 2015,pdp won that zone by a higher margin yet oke still won there..it is just like edo south or central where pdp has much presence but struggle to win.it will be a battleground.

The registered voters will not matter like in the east or ss.. It is difficult to rig in the west especially ondo and voters turnout is always below 50%.where a little bit of inflation will happen is in owo and ilaje and the agboola has no say there.like I said the central will likely go to pdp especially in akure but aketi will get significant votes giving him an overall narrow victory...I like aketi,I thought he performed but with a lot of complaints in ondo,let's watch and see
Ya........I don't know why he is making everyone an enemy.
I like him too....but its tough

Wish them all well.
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by raybaba97(m): 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

I agree.he may not win the primaries too..but as an APC man,I will want them to retain ondo

Yeah. I actually don't want him to win because I like Agboola better.

But I can agree it's a tough fight for everyone. Jegede, Agbo, Aketi, Oke, Borofice, Abraham, Kekemeke.....

May the best alliance win
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by raybaba97(m): 5:39pm On Jun 21, 2020
fergie001:
I am not from Ondo sef, but I just love Aketi..
I have liked him since his NBA days, that's all. You are from Ondo South then grin
Respect Sir
Since you're not from Ondo, I'll say. Ese-Odo LGA
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by fergie001: 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2020
raybaba97:

Since you're not from Ondo, I'll say. Ese-Odo LGA
Agboola Ajayi's LGA....?
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Fedrams: 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2020
It's an insult for oke or jegede to step down for agbola or deputized him. Who is agbola. He's not popular in ondo state except his local govt.
If he shld pick the ticket in pdp. It means pdp is finished in ondo state

fergie001:

raybaba97.....
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by fergie001: 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
Fedrams:
It's an insult for oke or jegede to step down for agbola or deputized him. Who is agbola. He's not popular in ondo state except his local govt.
If he shld pick the ticket in pdp. It means pdp is finished in ondo state

I didn't say Oke will step down for him.
Oke isn't in his party nah.

Yes, Jegede might not step down for him but you know the name of the game is money.

1 Like

Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by raybaba97(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
fergie001:
Agboola Ajayi's LGA....?
Yeah. It's why I know the guy so well. Same with Kekemeke and Oke.
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by fergie001: 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
raybaba97:

Yeah. It's why I know the guy so well. Same with Kekemeke and Oke.
Ok...All the best.
Re: Agboola Ajayi Detained By Ondo State Police Commissioner, Bolaji Salami by Donlanray: 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lostz:
ondo state doing better than Delta?

are you sure there is nothing wrong with your mental health?
is Delta an Igbo state?Dullard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Final Result For Abia State Governorship Election. INEC DECLARE PDP WINNER / Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant / "Police Lock Up Innocent People At Orile Iganmu Police Station" (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.