Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,281 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President (14925 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / 64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 1:14am On Jan 28, 2011
[size=15pt]Akunyili kicks against Southwest for Senate president[/size]

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

Adimike George 28/01/2011 00:00:00

FORMER Minister of Information and Communications and the senatorial candidate for Anambra Central on the platform of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Prof. Dora Akunyili, has kicked against the alleged plan to make the Southwest produce the next Senate President.

Speaking at Dunukofia Local Government Area yesterday, during Iyom Christy Okoye’s declaration for APGA, Mrs. Akunyili said the arrangement would spell doom for the people of the Southeast.

She said: "I want to believe the report by the media was incorrect. If it is correct, it means that the Igbos are no longer in the country’s equation. If we are not President, we are not Vice- President, we are not Senate President and we are not Speaker, where are we?"

She urged the Southeast to stand up against what she described as neglect of Ndigbo.

She said: "It has happened before. I believe this time around, it should not if we really believe in one Nigeria."

The former minister enjoined women to register in the voter registration exercise.

Senator Joy Emodi advised the people of the zone to register ahead of the 2011 April election.

Iyom Okoye said her decision to join APGA was informed by the passion she had for women and the state.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/26086.html
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 1:18am On Jan 28, 2011
This woman is losing it!

Typical Ibo, always jealous of the Yorubas

Dont get why Ibos hate us so much.!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 1:22am On Jan 28, 2011
@ Chyz
I thought Igbos want positions in the country to be based on merit? They want us to do away with the federal character shenanigans undecided. And this shows that most igbos still believe in Zoning then why do some igbos still want GJ?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 1:25am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

[size=15pt]Akunyili kicks against Southwest for Senate president[/size]
not Senate President and we are not Speaker, where are we?"

She urged the Southeast to stand up against what she described as neglect of Ndigbo.

She said: "It has happened before. I believe this time around, it should not if we really believe in one Nigeria."

The former minister enjoined women to register in the voter registration exercise.

Senator Joy Emodi advised the people of the zone to register ahead of the 2011 April election.

lol grin grin grin

why should she say that

i thought it was WAZOBIA before our other leaders added ijaw to the equation,, ,. now even ijaw is claiming port harcount,., grin

Zoning will end if JONATHAN enters as the next president ,.,.,. fact

now the highest population wins wink smiley
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Kilode1: 1:26am On Jan 28, 2011
I naively assumed Madam Dora was a "Rebranded" Nigerian, someone who has risen above all these ethnic politics. . .

What about pure merit? I slap myself back to reality.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 1:26am On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

@ Chyz
I thought Igbos want positions in the country to be based on merit? They want us to do away with the federal character shenanigans  undecided. And this shows that most igbos still believe in Zoning then why do some igbos still want GJ?

Who said anything about zoning?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 1:30am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Who said anything about zoning?

If the SW person was more qualified than the igbo person presented then why is she complaining? Why is she complaining about igbo not in the "equation" since we are now appointing people based on "merit". Basically, she was referring to zoning. She wants the senate presidency to be "zoned" to Ndigbo.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 1:40am On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

If the SW person was more qualified than her then why is she complaining? Why is she complaining about igbo not in the "equation" since we are now appointing people based on "merit". Basically, she was referring too zoning. She wants the sente presidency to be "zoned" to Ndigbo and her.

She never said she was going for Senate President. And assuming she was running for that spot, who says whichever SW person that may be was better qualified than her or anybody else. Nope she was n't refering to zoning at all, that is why I was wondering where you got that from.And nope again what she is saying is that she is hoping that the FG is not going about in a way where all majority tribes are being given major positions but Ndigbo.And if it is based off merit then after Mark is thrown out the door the deputy(Ike Ekweremadu) should be up for that position,or something or that sort would be based off merit.Due to experience I believe. This may be the result of the SS(Ijaw) trying to get into the mainstream of politics to the detriment of Ndigbo.Just my thoughts though.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 1:44am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: jason123

If the SW person was more qualified than the igbo person presented then why is she complaining? Why is she complaining about igbo not in the "equation" since we are now appointing people based on "merit". Basically, she was referring to zoning. She wants the senate presidency to be "zoned" to Ndigbo.

Sometimes I wonder how some of you think.

How else do you think that the SW will produce the Senate President if not through zoning? 
Do you think that if based on merit a SW person will get it ahead of a SE person? 

The woman is talking about PDP imposed zoning of offices, and she is lamenting the fact that Ndigbo ( a majority tribe) are not among the first 5 positions in the country.

Even GEJ believes in zoning offices AFTER the elections. His position is that the presidency is not zoned to North or South, but that after the president must have emerged, positions are zoned according to GEOPOLITICAL areas.

Dora is spot on, but the people to complain to are the IGBO members of PDP, people like Ekweremadu, Ekwueme, Nnamani and Nwobodo. And maybe that is just what she is doing -trying to show Ndigbo that their lot is not protected by the thieving PDP members from Igboland.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 1:45am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

She never said she was going for Senate President. And assuming she was running for that spot, who says whichever SW person that may be was better qualified than her or anybody else. Nope she was n't refering to zoning at all, that is why I was wondering where you got that from.And nope again what she is saying is that she is hoping that the FG is not going about in a way where all majority tribes are being given major positions but Ndigbo.And if it is based off merit then after Mark is thrown out the door the deputy(Ike Ekweremadu) should be up for that position,or something or that sort would be based off merit.Due to experience I believe. This may be the result of the SS(Ijaw) trying to get into the mainstream of politics to the detriment of Ndigbo.Just my thoughts though.

I already edited my post.

With GJ as our president 2011 and beyond, their would be nothing like," the Sw deserves the position or anything". It is now every man or region for themselves and the highest population or should I say land mass (because of the north) wins. Therefore, from now on, it would be north, SW,SE  and SS in that order.

Although, I am not saying Atiku would have zoned any position to igbo or yorubas or anyone but I think the idea of "we deserve this" died with Yaradua (God bless his soul). MO
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 1:46am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

How else do you think that the SW will produce the Senate President if not through zoning?
Do you think that if based on merit a SW person will get it ahead of a SE person?

The woman is talking about PDP imposed zoning of offices, and she is lamenting the fact that Ndigbo ( a majority tribe) are not among the first 5 positions in the country.

Even GEJ believes in zoning offices AFTER the elections. His position is that the presidency is not zoned to North or South, but that after the president must have emerged, positions are zoned according to GEOPOLITICAL areas.

Dora is spot on, but the people to complain to are the IGBO members of PDP, people like Ekweremadu, Ekwueme, Nnamani and Nwobodo.

Gbam! Gbam! Gbam!

Even our women are bringing the fight to the South-West. She is a typical Igbo woman and she is not afraid of NO MAN.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 1:49am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Dora is spot on, but the people to complain to are the IGBO members of PDP, people like Ekweremadu, Ekwueme, Nnamani and Nwobodo.

See me see trouble oo!
Is it now a competition I am not saying anyone is definitely more qualified than anyone. I was just illustrating a scenario to Chyz. Claim down and reduce this your inferiority complex, abeg! angry
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 1:50am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Gbam! Gbam! Gbam!

Even our women are bringing the fight to the South-West. She is a typical Igbo woman and she is not afraid of NO MAN.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . undecided
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 28, 2011
Her fight is with the North, not SW.

But let her kick, it's only a matter of time before a nuisance child gives up and goes to sleep after brawling all day.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 1:52am On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

I already edited my post.

With GJ as our president 2011 and beyond, their would be nothing like," the Sw deserves the position or anything". It is now every man or region for themselves and the highest population or should I say land mass (because of the north) wins. Therefore, from now on, it would be north, SW,SE  and SS in that order.

Although, I am not saying Atiku would have zoned any position to igbo or yorubas or anyone but I think the idea of "we deserve this" died with Yaradua (God bless his soul). MO

At the bolded that order doesn't exit. And to your last sentence, I wish it were that way but merit is based off of a person who deserves.The person who deserves should be based on knowlege and/or experience, and off of some sort of competitive test.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 1:55am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

At the bolded that order doesn't exit. And to your last sentence, I wish it were that way but merit is based off of a person who deserves.The person who deserves should be based on knowlege and/or experience, and off of some sort of competitive test.

True, atleast, the county would progress that way. Most people (including me) do not care who rules, whether an igbo, yoruba, hausa, ijaw or itsekiri, all we care about is rapid development and the progress of our country.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 1:56am On Jan 28, 2011

See me see trouble oo!
Is it now a competition I am not saying anyone is definitely more qualified than anyone. I was just illustrating a scenario to Chyz. Claim down and[b] reduce this your inferiority complex[/b], abeg!

Why do you guys from the west always use this term?
Frankly, it is the most self deceiving, re-tarded term anyone can use to describe Igbo. If anyone accuses Igbo of SUPERIORITY complex, they may not be that far for the truth because frankly we believe that no other tribe in Nigeria can do anything better than us; name it, we outperform others. cool cool

So where is the so called inferiority complex from, when we have been agitating for separation from 1967?

So please stop deceiving yourselves for once!  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:00am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Frankly, it is the most self deceiving, re-tarded term anyone can use to describe Igbo. If anyone accuses Igbo of SUPERIORITY complex, they may not be that far for the truth because frankly we believe that no other tribe in Nigeria can do anything better than us; name it, we outperform others. cool cool

So where is the so called inferiority complex from, when we have been agitating for separation from 1967?

Guy, calm down. I was NOT referring it to the Ndigbo but it was meant for YOU! The way you just come to attack me or anyone that has anything to say which involves igbo. Everyone is equal, no one is superior or inferior.

Btw, why are you still talking about a civil war our parents fought? On this topic?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 2:01am On Jan 28, 2011
May this "plot" succeed.

I dey laugh o!  grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:02am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

I always laugh at when they say this.

Everyone knows that many Igbos feel that they are superior to other groups that reside in Nigeria. That is why many people have often referred to the Igbos as egotistical.

Igbos see each other as kings and queens. Many of us feel that we are better than other people. Sad but true. However, I never felt inferior to anyone. It goes against our culture.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 2:03am On Jan 28, 2011
Also, how do you say "come" in Ijaw?

Maybe Wazobia needs to be revised   grin grin grin

It looks like there is a new big three. . .
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 2:04am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

May this "plot" succeed.

I dey laugh o!  grin

Please, please please, do not dignify Onlytruth's rant with a response.

Obviously, he has some childhood issues that are yet to be resolved. Inferiority complex is indeed a disease!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:05am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

I always laugh at when they say this.

Everyone knows that many Igbos feel that they are superior to other groups that reside in Nigeria. That is why many people have often referred to the Igbos as egotistical.

I[b]gbos see each other as kings and queens. Many of us feel that we are better than other people. Sad but true. However, I never felt inferior to anyone. It goes against our culture. [/b]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ezeuche no kill pesin ooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

kai kai kai grin grin grin grin chei brother never ever say that again grin

when last have you been to nigeria before you made that statement cheesy grin grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:05am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

Blasphemy!

How dare you slap 30+ million people in the face with that statement. The only people who can descend Nigeria into a war.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 2:06am On Jan 28, 2011
Well I'm not saying anybody is superior to the other, all I'm saying is Aunty Dora is calling for competition in my books.Something we Igbos are known for.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:06am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

thank you
cheesy
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:07am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Well I'm not saying anybody is superior to the other, all I'm saying is Aunty Dora is calling for competition in my books.Something we Igbos are known for.

okay good
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:07am On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ezeuche no kill pesin ooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

kai kai kai grin grin grin grin chei brother never ever say that again grin

when last have you been to nigeria before you made that statement cheesy grin grin

Let me start. You are my inferior.  grin grin grin grin

If you have Igbo blood in you which I highly doubt, it has been corrupted by that Kanuri desert rat blood.

However, you are worthy enough to be my gateman or security. Just say "YES BOSS!"
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 2:07am On Jan 28, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:07am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

It's called "vare". I said this when ohanaeze was endorsing GJ. The big three does not exist anymore. Infact an ijaw man came on this forum and said it now "WAZOVARE" NOT "WAZOBIA". SMH at this disorganised country.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 2:08am On Jan 28, 2011

Guy, calm down. I was NOT referring it to the Ndigbo but it was meant for YOU! The way you just come to attack me or anyone that has anything to say which involves igbo. Everyone is equal, no one is superior or inferior.

Btw, why are you still talking about a civil war our parents fought? On this topic?

Now you have changed it to me!
ME Onlytruth of all people feel inferior to you?  

Chineke me! shocked shocked
Where have I given you any reason to think that?

I hope you are not mistaking my fair mindedness and a strong sense of equity to all, to mean inferiority complex. undecided cry

Dude, NO ONE here in nairaland is greater than me!  cool cool cool

How many Nnewi folks have you seen bowing to anybody?  

Dude, you really need to have your head examined.  undecided
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:08am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Aunty Dora is really getting these people up in arms. An Igbo woman is able to make these so called men get upset. Pathetic to say the least.  grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Niger State Has Crude Oil / EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister / Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.