Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,583 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President (14965 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / 64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:32am On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

Which one is "we vs them mentality"? I've looked at things without sentiments and I still stand with my previous comments.

BTW, do you want a chieftaincy title yourself? You're now a titled man and should be referred to as; Hausa abata Awka alias Okpo 1 of Igboland via Nairaland.

guy i like you and love igbo and igbo people to bits smiley

so do not let me change my opinion
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 2:33am On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

@ Fellow Nairalanders

This is not the time to rile anyone. This is a serious matter. If the Ndigbo feel cheated then the country would still break up since they are part of the big 3. Thats the reality.
grin grin grin

I'm just having good-natured fun. Surely nobody can get offended by some gentle ribbing like this  grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:34am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

I agree. You three are welcome to stay in the same country while we leave. grin

ok that is fine by everyone in nigeria lipsrsealed
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dempeople(m): 2:34am On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

@ Fellow Nairalanders

This is not the time to rile anyone. This is a serious matter. If the Ndigbo feel cheated then the country would still break up since they are part of the big 3. Thats the reality.

Now you've come. You're now seeing the big picture.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:34am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 2:34am On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

What do you mean? You are an Igbo man.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Freewilly(f): 2:35am On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

Sorry malam, the love is not reciprocal tongue tongue tongue
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 2:36am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: eku_bear

I'm just having good-natured fun. Surely nobody can get offended by some gentle ribbing like this

And this is someone our own abagworo term non-tribalistic.

How can anyone in his right mind term this dude non-tribalistic? Beats me!  undecided
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:36am On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

@ Fellow Nairalanders

no no no
it happened when the igbo politicians give there support to jonathan undecided

there is no one breaking up
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:37am On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

Now you've come. You're now seeing the big picture.

That's the absolute truth. There is no point hiding it. Sooner or later we have to have an igbo president in Nigeria even if he is a pawn head. But you have to admit, the ijaws played a fast one on the Ndigbo. I mean, take a look at this
Wa= oBJ
Zo= Yardua (God bless his soul)
Bia= ?? No, it now vare= GJ
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 2:38am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

This is coming from someone whose ethnic group kicked against Nigeria's independence from the British.

I laugh in No Victor, No Vanquished grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:39am On Jan 28, 2011
Freewilly:

Sorry malam, the love is not reciprocal tongue tongue tongue

why na undecided

i do not care whether igbos love me or not,.,.,

i will not let you people on NL make me hate my igbo people

this is the time we igbos whether half kanuri or half ijaw have to come together and leave tribalism out
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 2:39am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

How can anyone in his right mind term this dude non-tribalistic? Beats me!  undecided

What is tribal here? This is simply amusing. Any 3rd party will find it funny. You wholeheartedly support GEJ and the PDP, and yet another who is lukewarm to both will appear to get the benefits.

What does tribalism have to do with that?  grin

That GEJ is using you for his own ends and I find this hilarious = tribalism?

Sound like one of those black panther types shouting racism for everything. . .
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:39am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Guy, take a chill pill. We are all brothers here and we are just have a discussion.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:40am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

abagworo has lost all credibility amongst the Ndi Igbo of Nairaland. He has went against our own interest in order further his own goals. Similar to what our "leaders" are doing. Being labeled a tribalist really messed up his mind. I didn't know he would take it that hard.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dempeople(m): 2:40am On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

grin grin grin

Alhaji, no sentiments. You're still the man. But jokes are allowed.

Ok. From now on,  You'll be known now as the Nwanne di n'mba 1 nke Ndigbo na Nairaland (A brother of Ndigbo who is in another land) . Hope you're happy now.  wink
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 2:41am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: alj harem

no no no
it happened when the igbo politicians give there support to jonathan

there is no one breaking up

So supporting Jonathan, an Ijaw from South south now means we forfeit our own right as Nigerians?
How does that sound to you?

All these divide and rule nonsense won't fly.

We must get a position as other major tribes -Hausa and Yoruba. Otherwise, we will use all our resources to break away from Nigeria.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:42am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

So supporting Jonathan, an Ijaw from South south now means we forfeit our own right as Nigerians?

We must get a position as other major tribes -Hausa and Yoruba. Otherwise, we will use all our resources to break away from Nigeria.

@ Highlighted

LOL. No, you "must" not!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 2:43am On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

This is coming from someone whose ethnic group kicked against Nigeria's independence from the British.

I laugh in No Victor, No Vanquished grin

Umm, Chyz is not from the North, he is from the East. Yes, the region that actualized nigeria's independence after Enahoro prompted it. I laugh at the detriment of your "free education". grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:44am On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

grin grin grin

Alhaji, no sentiments. You're still the man. But jokes are allowed.

Ok. From now on,  You'll be known now as the Nwanne di n'mba 1 nke Ndigbo na Nairaland. (A brother of Ndigbo who is in another land). Hope you're happy now.  wink

now you are talking cheesy

@topic, we igbos have to be very very careful so as not to drop out in the scheme of things

lets leave massop out of this

lets ohaneze call the people in aligbo and talk to them

this is serious for the us igbos in nigeria,.,, we are no longer in power,., i tell ya
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 2:45am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: jason123

@ Highlighted

LOL. No, you "must" not!

LOL we shall see.
Dora is only speaking the mind of majority Igbo population. She is a VERY SMART woman and knows how to "smell blood" politically.
She knows what she is doing. hehehe!  grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:47am On Jan 28, 2011
Aunty Dora is speaking the truth though. If it takes an Igbo woman to awaken the Ndi Igbo. SO BE IT! Our people need to wake up from our slumber. It has been far too long we have been kicked around, ridiculed and our territory used like vanquished territory.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 2:47am On Jan 28, 2011
I also believe that this is why she left PDP.

She saw it all before deciding to join APGA.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 2:48am On Jan 28, 2011
Proly when it is all said and done, they'll get to keep the senate presidency. But it cracks me up that they'll have to cry and beg for what ordinarily should be theirs  grin

This Nigeria. . . still I dey laugh  grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Abagworo(m): 2:49am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

abagworo has lost all credibility amongst the Ndi Igbo of Nairaland. He has went against our own interest in order further his own goals. Similar to what our "leaders" are doing. Being labeled a tribalist really messed up his mind. I didn't know he would take it that hard.

I wonder how my credibility needs anybody's endorsement.All of you were in support of Ohaneze when they endorsed Jonathan even before he bought nomination form.All of you were also against zoning which is the only way an Igbo can ever be President.You all were in support of Ogbulafors frame up and removal.You all rejoiced when Nwodo and SE Governors endorsed GEJ before primaries.I never supported any of those moves.Now tell me who has been right all along.

1)Nwodo used and dumped

2)Buhari or Ribadu very likely to pick SW running mate.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Freewilly(f): 2:49am On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

why na undecided

i do not care whether igbos love me or not,.,.,

i will not let you people on NL make me hate my igbo people

this is the time we igbos whether half kanuri or half ijaw have to come together and leave tribalism out

awwww don't mind me, you know we love you dear, we Igbo are very loving people till we are provoked. From now on  you "Nwanne di n'mba 1 nke Ndigbo na Nairaland" kiss
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:49am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

you can not if you have given your right to an ijaw,., yes south-south

do you think ijaws care about igbo

@bolded grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
sorry onlytruth, but stop this rubbish of getting the position of the major ethnic groups because WE IGBOS WERE ONE OF THEM UNTIL OUR LEADERS SOLD U OUT IN PDP
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:51am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

Proly when it is all said and done, they'll get to keep the senate presidency. But it cracks me up that they'll have to cry and beg for what ordinarily should be theirs  grin

This Nigeria. . . still I dey laugh  grin

you could not have said it better
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 2:51am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Umm, Chyz is not from the North, he is from the East. Yes, the region that actualized nigeria's independence after Enahoro prompted it. I laugh at the detriment of your "free education". grin

How did you actualize it?

The last time I checked, The  four individuals that moved the motion for independence are from just three ethnic groups thus:

Wa: The Yorubs; Ladoke Akintola and fani Kayode Snr
 ZO: The Hausas; Tafawa Balewa
Vare: Enahoro

Where is the Alaigbo representative in that equation?

As always, the Ibos were on the wrong side of history.

I pity your spare parts dealing brain!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 2:51am On Jan 28, 2011
So, what exactly is this wholehearted support of the PDP and GEJ going to actually buy you? @Abagworo paints a very disturbing picture.

What did your leaders negotiate in return for their support?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Freewilly(f): 2:52am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Aunty Dora is speaking the truth though. If it takes an Igbo woman to awaken the Ndi Igbo. SO BE IT! Our people need to wake up from our slumber. It has been far too long we have been kicked around, ridiculed and our territory used like vanquished territory.

GBAM to the highest order, lead the way and the rest shall follow.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:52am On Jan 28, 2011
Abagworo:

I wonder how my credibility needs anybody's endorsement.All of you were in support of Ohaneze when they endorsed Jonathan even before he bought nomination form.All of you were also against zoning which is the only way an Igbo can ever be President.You all were in support of Ogbulafors frame up and removal.You all rejoiced when Nwodo and SE Governors endorsed GEJ before primaries.I never supported any of those moves.Now tell me who has been right all along.

1)Nwodo used and dumped

2)Buhari or Ribadu very likely to pick SW running mate.

My brother come to your senses. I will not give up on you. You know I used to enjoy reading your post, but now I cringe with everything you have been saying lately. Remember who your brothers and sisters are. We will love you regardless. I even defended you when you were labeled a tribalist if you have forgotten.

Yes you were right in the past. But you must look to Igbo interest only. If we cannot look to our own interest, who will? We are surrounded by enemies. who would love to see us fall. We must be on the same page. A unite front, because I fear we the Ndi Igbo are about to see dark days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Maryam Uwais - "Senator Yerima And Constitutional Review" / Fulani Insurgents Expel Tor Tiv From His Palace / We Will Start Accepting Old Notes, Kano Supermarket Tells Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.