Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President (14968 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / 64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 3:17am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Orju Uzor Kalu had his chance before he squandered it. That man had so much potential I tell you. But look at him now and what he did (or didn't do) for Abia State. I spit whenever I hear that man's name.

Personally I think Igbos should just get behind someone of their own that can hold his own Someone like Orji Kalu. I feel Kalu is bold and wont sell out to Hausas easily. His bad act can be sorted out in house.

Many Yorubas know Tinubu is tainted but just because he is leading the challenge on the PDP, His crimes are overlooked when we get PDP out, the we can sort out Tinubu and ACN internally.

Now every PDP contestant takes the SE votes for granted. E.g if Jonathan is worried about any part of the country voting for him he would think Far North and SW first.

If they ask him "What about SE, I am sre he would say I have that settled, No wahala"

I still dey laugh
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dempeople(m): 3:17am On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Think about it, An Atiku Presidency had a SOLUDO VP written on it like a tattoo. and by 2015 a legitimate shout at Presidency. Thats when you can say SE support of PDP is justified

What does GEJ offer? Number 3 which you even have to fight SW for? Imagine

But Soludo was never nominated as VP candidate by the Atiku camp prior to the primaries. They could have dangled carrot at Ndigbo with a V.P and, on getting their votes for the primary, will then start to sing another tune to appease the S.W thereby leaving a confused and divided S.E. Its all politics. They might never had wanted Ndigbo for the V.P slot.

alj harem:

Orji Uzo Kalu,.,, fact

shocked shocked shocked
They say charity begins at home. Orji failed himself and Ndigbo before his political career at the Federal level would've kicked-off. He killed the dream.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 3:17am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Orju Uzor Kalu had his chance before he squandered it. That man had so much potential I tell you. But look at him now and what he did (or didn't do) for Abia State. I spit whenever I hear that man's name.

brother, what orji did is not different from what tinubu and other governors have done undecided

brother, can you not see that the nigerian elites made him look bad because of the potential of him being the igbo leader undecided

tell me what orji did that tinubu have not done worse

remember he even told igbos we need to come together undecided
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 3:20am On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

shocked shocked shocked
They say charity begins at home. Orji failed himself and Ndigbo before his political career at the Federal level would've kicked-off. He killed the dream.

no no brother

read this
alj harem:

brother, what orji did is not different from what tinubu and other governors have done undecided

brother, can you not see that the nigerian elites made him look bad because of the potential of him being the igbo leader undecided

tell me what orji did that tinubu have not done worse

remember he even told igbos we need to come together undecided
dayokanu:

Personally I think Igbos should just get behind someone of their own that can hold his own Someone like Orji Kalu. I feel Kalu is bold and wont sell out to Hausas easily. His bad act can be sorted out in house.

Many Yorubas know Tinubu is tainted but just because he is leading the challenge on the PDP, His crimes are overlooked when we get PDP out, the we can sort out Tinubu and ACN internally.

Now every PDP contestant takes the SE votes for granted. E.g if Jonathan is worried about any part of the country voting for him he would think Far North and SW first.

If they ask him "What about SE, I am sre he would say I have that settled, No wahala"

I still dey laugh
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 3:21am On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

But Soludo was never nominated as VP candidate by the Atiku camp prior to the primaries. They could have dangled carrot at Ndigbo with a V.P and, on getting their votes for the primary, will then start to sing another tune to appease the S.W thereby leaving a confused and divided S.E. Its all politics. They might never had wanted Ndigbo for the V.P slot.

There would be no point appeasing the SW since all he needs is the north and some states in the SE.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 3:22am On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

Atiku didnt nominate anyone, and at that time The SE was closer to ATiku while most of the SW were and still romancing with Buhari and Ribadu.

All intellectual attacks on GEJ's campaign from ATiku was masterminded by Soludo. It would really be hard for Soludo to be dumped by Atiku.

Kalu can be forgiven to fight the bigger fight, and later when the battle is won, You can settle it internally.

Dont let another group dictate who your leaders should be. Support someone that supports Igbo first and not someone who only look for his own pocket
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 3:25am On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Kalu can be forgiven to fight the bigger fight, and later when the battle is won, You can settle it internally.

Dont let another group dictate who your leaders should be. [b]Support someone that supports Igbo first [/b]and not someone who only look for his own pocket

good one
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 3:25am On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Atiku didnt nominate anyone, and at that time The SE was closer to ATiku while most of the SW were and still romancing with Buhari and Ribadu.

All intellectual attacks on GEJ's campaign from ATiku was masterminded by Soludo. It would really be hard for Soludo to be dumped by Atiku.

Dont let another group dictate who your leaders should be. Support someone that supports Igbo first and not someone who only look for his own pocket

You could not have said that better. I keep wondering why they say the yorubas and the igbos hate eachother when we all advise and come to eachother's help?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Nobody: 3:27am On Jan 28, 2011
Are you guys still discussing that cross-eyed woman? She better get her vision aligned  grin

Anywaz, I didnt see where she specifically tried the SW, she knows better. I'll have to send Deji of Akure to fix her up  grin
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 3:28am On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

You could not have said that better. I keep wondering why they say the yorubas and the igbos hate eachother when we all advise and come to eachother's help?

Will you please STFU for once.!

Who told you we like each other.

Stop saying shyyt!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dempeople(m): 3:28am On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

no no brother

read this

It still makes no difference. Please visit Abia state if u can and see first hand, the mess this guy created there. We're not talking local politics here. We're talking about someone who is likely to properly represent Ndigbo not a mumy's boy.

Peter Obi is much better but in APGA. Sullivan Chime is a star. Soludo is also very capable but Orji, I say a capital NO.

jason123:

There would be no point appeasing the SW since all he needs is the north and some states in the SE.

Obj deliberately ignored the SE in 2007 when he jumped to the SS for a VP. The same could've repeated itself. Our best bet is to remain with the GEJ despite the purported set-back.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by fstranger1: 3:29am On Jan 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Are you guys still discussing that cross-eyed woman? She better get her vision aligned  grin

Anywaz, I didnt see where she specifically tried the SW, she knows better. I'll have to send Deji of Akure to fix her up  grin

Abi ooo Moremi

You da best!

Who is the boss? the SW is the da boss grin grin

They never see meme
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 3:30am On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

Will you please STFU for once.!

Who told you we like each other.

Stop saying shyyt!

I really do not know what to say to you. Your hate for igbos ON this forum is understandable but outside? when you meet sensible igbos? I really doubt you would show that hate. The truth is, we all hate to love eachother.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 3:30am On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

We uphold Kalu when he fights for Ndigbo.This is through his involving with our organizations such as Ohanaeze.Help correct their wrong. Do building with Igbo events.Not when he is going for personal ambitons for president or governor.That is how we know we is apart of our plight.And as for him as president,no. He's not sell-able to the rest of the country even if we were to forgive him of his sins.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 3:33am On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

It still makes no difference. Please visit Abia state if u can and see first hand, the mess this guy created there. We're not talking local politics here. We're talking about someone who is likely to properly represent Ndigbo not a mumy's boy.

Peter Obi is much better but in APGA. Sullivan Chime is a star. Soludo is also very capable but Orji, I say a capital NO.

Obj deliberately ignored the SE in 2007 when he jumped to the SS for a VP. The same could've repeated itself. Our best bet is to remain with the GEJ despite the purported set-back.

i know

but you have to remember that to be a leader, you need money to fund elections and also people in your region can respect you
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 3:38am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

We uphold Kalu when he fights for Ndigbo.This is through his involving with our organizations such as Ohanaeze.Help correct their wrong. Do building with Igbo events.Not when he is going for personal ambitons for president or governor.That is how we know we is apart of our plight.And as for him as president,no. He's not sell-able to the rest of the country even if we were to forgive him of his sins.

With Orjis strong head, agbero tactics and whatever(Similar to Tinubu), He was able to deliver Abia to PPA and most ppl didnt get behind him thereby losing it back to PDP.

If he is going for Presidency, One he is an Igbo man and I dare say loves Igbos more than most SE politician.

he can play dirty which is what Nigeria needs. Support his ambition, let him be the one to fight the rogues in power and later call him indoors in Umuahia and "treat his Bleep up" like we say in naija
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 3:39am On Jan 28, 2011
If Igbo leaders were all as perceptive as Abagworo, I suspect Igboland would be far better off. Or maybe many of them are, but they've been bought off.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dempeople(m): 3:40am On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

I've got this very weird feeling about Orji. His performances alone as Gov still cause a stir. I prefer a Chime or even a Soludo to this guy. Even Peter Obi himself despite his party, I still prefer.

alj harem:

i know

but you have to remember that to be a leader, you need money to fund elections and also people in your region can respect you

It still doesn't take away the fact that he performed abysmally in his state. Anybody can claim to be championing Igbo causes but that must be backed with action. If he so loved Ndigbo, it should've been demonstrated in Abia state FIRST before anything which in this case, his actions would speak for him rather than rhetorics. I used to like the guy back in 1999 -2000 but mennnnnnnnnn, he failed Ndigbo.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 3:41am On Jan 28, 2011
If Orji Uzor Kalu is the best we Igbos have, you might as well as force me to speak Hausa and convert to Islam, because I will never support that man.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 3:41am On Jan 28, 2011
APGA remains the only vehicle by which Igbo can rediscover themselves politically.

Thank God for APGA.

I however believe that APGA will not field a presidential candidate (whether he will win or not) because Ndigbo want Jonathan to succeed.

That can change if we find out that we are being taken for a ride by GEJ.

APGA is a long term vehicle.

@abagworo,

I never supported swapping of PDP chairmen. In fact I was the only Igbo commentator here constantly agitating against their swappings. Just for the record.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 3:43am On Jan 28, 2011
And I am not going to lie, I was totally against Nwodo. I hated what he was doing to Sullivan Chime.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 3:46am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: EzeUche_

And I am not going to lie, I was totally against Nwodo. I hated what he was doing to Sullivan Chime.

And I was constantly warning you guys about it.
There will always be political wars fought within groups. Those wars should not be used to present the WHOLE group in bad light to outsiders.
For me, that is the bottomline.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 3:48am On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

I've got this very weird feeling about Orji. His performances alone as Gov still cause a stir. I prefer a Chime or even a Soludo to this guy. Even Peter Obi himself despite his party, I still prefer.

It still doesn't take away the fact that he performed abysmally in his state. Anybody can claim to be championing Igbo causes but that must be backed with action. If he so loved Ndigbo, it should've been demonstrated in Abia state FIRST before anything which in this case, his actions would speak for him rather than rhetorics. I used to like the guy back in 1999 -2000 but mennnnnnnnnn, he failed Ndigbo.

Soludo is not a Politician he is a technocrat, he cant do Politics. I dont know much about Chime and how "dirty and In-your-face" he can get. Peter Obi looks too gentle to be that man. It takes a lot to snatch power and "demand" for your people.

Orji to me seems more like a younger Ojukwu with his "strong head"

Onlytruth:

APGA remains the only vehicle by which Igbo can rediscover themselves politically.

Thank God for APGA.

I however believe that APGA will not field a presidential candidate (whether he will win or not) because Ndigbo want Jonathan to succeed.

That can change if we find out that we are being taken for a ride by GEJ.

APGA is a long term vehicle.

@abagworo,

I never supported swapping of PDP chairmen. In fact I was the only Igbo commentator here constantly agitating against their swappings. Just for the record.

Then all Igbos support APGA and make sure APGA sweep those 5 states, When you do that then you can come out and bargain that If you dont give us this this and this, We would take our 5 states votes elsewhere.

This I believe is the way to play politics in this multi everything Nigeria
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dempeople(m): 3:55am On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Soludo is not a Politician he is a technocrat, he cant do Politics. I dont know much about Chime and how "dirty and In-your-face" he can get. Peter Obi looks too gentle to be that man. It takes a lot to snatch power and "demand" for your people.

grin grin grin

Agreed!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 3:57am On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Then all Igbos support APGA and make sure APGA sweep those 5 states, When you do that then you can come out and bargain that If you dont give us this this and this, We would take our 5 states votes elsewhere.

Supported! But I personally want ACN to make in-roads in the SE. lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 3:59am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: dayokanu

Igbo people say that "awo adighi agba oso ehihie na nkiti" -meaning "the toad does not jump around during the daytime in vain. Sometime must be pursuing it!"

I believe that Akunyili is flying a kite. She wants to throw down the gauntlet and let Igbos decide their own political future.

She is challenging the Igbo PDP members to show us what they got for Ndigbo at the center.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:59am On Jan 28, 2011
Akunyili's position is totally justified.

1. However one does have to ask, how many times before this has an Igbo been senate president relative to other groups? From my understanding, they have occupied it far more than any other group. If this is because they worked for it/deserved it, then all the more reason not to worry about the ethnic zoning of that position. It shows that when competent leadership in an area is needed, Nigerians are sometimes able to put away the ethnic glasses and see clearly.

2. How many times has a Yoruba been senate president?

3. If rotation among zones is strictly adhered to, then it will be noted that there are at least 5 distinct zones ("North", "SW", "SE", "SS", "Middle Belt"wink so rotation among 4 positions (President, VP, Senate President, Speaker) could justifiably exclude any one of those zones at any time. If we are actually to talk about rotation among ethnic groups for the 4 positions, it could be justified more easily still.

4. Are we then to measure all the highest legislative and executive posts and take a tally of which group has held what and for how often? I don't think it will make any difference really. You could just end up with an Igbo or a Yoruba or Ijaw or Efik working as a Hausa houseboy in one of those positions.

5. Is the Senate president elected? Or are they appointed? If elected, once again, I say the Igbos have nothing to worry about, because that would mean they've been selected for that post more than any other group due to mutual respect of their colleagues for those particular Igbo individuals. If appointed, then those senate presidents might just have been political appeasements and leftovers, but even then, if they've been the group to give political concessions to, then that shows they still have far more power/influence than some overly worrisome people might think.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Kobojunkie: 4:00am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: EzeUche_
[size=13pt]And I was constantly warning you guys about it.[/size]
There will always be political wars fought within groups. Those wars should not be used to present the WHOLE group in bad light to outsiders.
For me, that is the bottomline.

Try again!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-475329.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-475960.0.html
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 4:01am On Jan 28, 2011
jason123:

Supported! But I personally want ACN to make in-roads in the SE. lipsrsealed cheesy

I think focusing on minority states in the middle belt and SS makes more sense and would lead to better results. Akwa Ibom for example as ACN would be pretty cool.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 4:04am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

I think focusing on minority states in the middle belt and SS makes more sense and would lead to better results. Akwa Ibom for example as ACN would be pretty cool.

Over my dead body. ACN will not get past Bayelsa State. Akwa Ibom state is a state that I hold dear due to my Ibibio roots. The Ibibio/Efik/Annang are more aligned with the Igbo than the Yoruba so keep on dreaming.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 4:05am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: eku_bear

No problem. We go use APGA dey eye Eko!
hehehe! grin grin

I really hope APGA understands that it can actually win zones outside of SE.  cool
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 4:08am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Over my dead body. ACN will not get past Bayelsa State. Akwa Ibom state is a state that I hold dear due to my Ibibio roots. The Ibibio/Efik/Annang are more aligned with the Igbo than the Yoruba so keep on dreaming.
grin grin grin

Well, best to let the people of that state decide, no? You certainly aren't in a position to decide for them  grin

Onlytruth:

Posted by: eku_bear
No problem. We go use APGA dey eye Eko!
hehehe! grin grin

I really hope APGA understands that it can actually win zones outside of SE.  cool
You are welcome to try. Let the best man win. Though of course, one wonders why APGA is not yet able to win its own region, not to talk of others grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Sheriff’s Chairmanship: PDP Faces Mass Defection / Presidency’s Claim About No Allocation For Hilux Vehicles False - ICIR / Northern Petrol Marketers To Embark On Strike Over N250bn Unpaid Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.