Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President (14966 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / 64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:53am On Jan 28, 2011
Abagworo:

I wonder how my credibility needs anybody's endorsement.All of you were in support of Ohaneze when they endorsed Jonathan even before he bought nomination form.All of you were also against zoning which is the only way an Igbo can ever be President.You all were in support of Ogbulafors frame up and removal.You all rejoiced when Nwodo and SE Governors endorsed GEJ before primaries.I never supported any of those moves.Now tell me who has been right all along.

1)Nwodo used and dumped

2)Buhari or Ribadu very likely to pick SW running mate.

You are simply the best! I remember when you were agitating this and I even joined you and I can remember how I was insulted for looking out for them. Now, look at things sad sad sad
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:54am On Jan 28, 2011
Abagworo:

I wonder how my credibility needs anybody's endorsement.All of you were in support of Ohaneze when they endorsed Jonathan even before he bought nomination form.All of you were also against zoning which is the only way an Igbo can ever be President.You all were in support of Ogbulafors frame up and removal.You all rejoiced when Nwodo and SE Governors endorsed GEJ before primaries.I never supported any of those moves.Now tell me who has been right all along.

1)Nwodo used and dumped

2)Buhari or Ribadu very likely to pick SW running mate.

kiss kiss kiss

you could not have said it better brother
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 2:55am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: alj harem

sorry onlytruth, but stop this rubbish of getting the position of the major ethnic groups because WE IGBOS WERE ONE OF THEM UNTIL OUR LEADERS SOLD U OUT IN PDP

Nobody sold us. cool Everybody endorsed Jonathan in PDP, from extreme North to extreme south. They did not lose their political rights because of that.

What you are not seeing is that the elections are still months away.
Permutations and possibilities can change OVERNIGHT.

A day in politics is like a millennium. cool
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 2:57am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

So, what exactly is this wholehearted support of the PDP and GEJ going to actually buy you? @Abagworo paints a very disturbing picture.

What did your leaders negotiate in return for their support?

I asked myself that question so many times . . . .
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 2:57am On Jan 28, 2011
When SE leaders were queuing to endorse GEJ, Didnt they negotiate for their posts? Or they just did it blindly
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:57am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Nobody sold us. cool Everybody endorsed Jonathan in PDP, from extreme North to extreme south. They did not lose their political rights because of that.

ok brother i hear you wink

hope it works well for ndigbo and the nation smiley
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 2:58am On Jan 28, 2011
I was in full support of GEJ, but now I regret my support. He is going to be used as a pawn by OBJ. The writing is on the wall. He will throw some crumbs to the East, but we wont see change.

They have checkmate the Ndi Igbo. We went from a gorgeous bride to a harlot. And I blame many of the Igbo governors and politicians.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Abagworo(m): 2:58am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

My brother come to your senses. I will not give up on you. You know I used to enjoy reading your post, but now I cringe with everything you have been saying lately. Remember who your brothers and sisters are. We will love you regardless. I even defended you when you were labeled a tribalist if you have forgotten.

Yes you were right in the past. But you must look to Igbo interest only. If we cannot look to our own interest, who will? We are surrounded by enemies. who would love to see us fall. We must be on the same page. A unite front, because I fear we the Ndi Igbo are about to see dark days.

Since you have come down with listening ears let me rewind events from the cradle for you to understand.If all Igbos fought against Ogbulafor's removal and connived with North to support zoning don't you see clearly that it would have been a better bait?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by ekubear1: 2:59am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

In other words, hope that GEJ and the PDP completely change if (well, when) he wins?

Why would he change, if he already has you in his pocket and you have no backup plan?
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 2:59am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

I was in full support of GEJ, but now I regret my support. He is going to be used as a pawn by GEJ. The writing is on the wall. He will throw some crumbs to the East, but we wont see change.

They have checkmate the Ndi Igbo. We went from a gorgeous bride to a harlot. And I blame many of the Igbo governors and politicians.

smh

now you are thinking brother
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 3:01am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

I was in full support of GEJ, but now I regret my support. He is going to be used as a pawn by GEJ. The writing is on the wall. He will throw some crumbs to the East, but we wont see change.

ROMFL!!!! Guys, you have to admit, this is funny!!!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 3:01am On Jan 28, 2011

ok brother i hear you Wink

hope it works well for ndigbo and the nation

I am really happy that someone like Dr Dora Akunyili is raising this issue.
Walahi, this election will be interesting, and PDP can lose the entire SE to APGA.
And if they dare rig the elections, they can kiss Nigeria goodbye.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Abagworo(m): 3:03am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Walahi, this election will be interesting, and PDP can lose the entire SE to APGA.

Hahahahahahahahahaha! PDP has already swept the elections save for few they will deliberately concede to opposition.The rigging started from registration.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 3:04am On Jan 28, 2011
@EzeUche_

Calm down. No need to regret anything. We just need to know what we get from a GEJ presidency as a majority group that support him.

If he does not give us something tangible, we dump him. Simple.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dempeople(m): 3:04am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

I was in full support of GEJ, but now I regret my support. He is going to be used as a pawn by OBJ. The writing is on the wall. He will throw some crumbs to the East, but we wont see change.

Don't be disheartened. Its early days. Its not over yet. We still wouldn't have had it better with an Atiku presidency. These guys simply can't treat Ndigbo like this in this new dispensation. Its a new era with a much stronger Ndigbo.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 3:05am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

My brother come to your senses. I will not give up on you. You know I used to enjoy reading your post, but now I cringe with everything you have been saying lately. Remember who your brothers and sisters are. We will love you regardless. I even defended you when you were labeled a tribalist if you have forgotten.

Yes you were right in the past. But you must look to Igbo interest only. If we cannot look to our own interest, who will? We are surrounded by enemies. who would love to see us fall. We must be on the same page. A unite front, because I fear we the Ndi Igbo are about to see dark days.

No Ezeuche, he is wrong.Yes we should support him but the only ones he should be trying to impress is us.These other people are irrelevant. Go back to the thread of the days leading to the complete sack of ogbulafor.We were in support of another candidate that did not have fraud hanging over his head like Nwodo did.That's a Fact. When it comes to zoning, we were against friendship and promises but instead we were for Igbo interest,and that is FACT. As for the endorsement, we rejoiced on Igbo unity against a plan of opression to be wheeled out on us by IBB and Atiku.We succeeded. As For Buhari/Ribadu, we the Igbo went against the position of any Igbo son taking the position of Vp to a northerner, and if Buhari/Ribadu  picks a SWesterner then we have succeeded. Abagrowo wake up and smell the folgers in ur cup.We are succeeding.Auty Dora has just added might to the movement.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 3:06am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

That was what Abagworo saw months ago that turned him into the enemy of your people.

Ask yourself Do you think GEJ's govt would change anything about Nigeria or even the position of Igbos in the Polity?

Aside a few crumbs like Special Assistant on Diaspora affairs.

I have said it, If the SE make themselves a voting bloc under the APGA they would be more feared and can make a bargain because their voice means 5-6 states bloc votes, Instead of following the PDP that as no plan for anyone.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 3:06am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

you can not be sure of this brother

if it is rigged, there is nothing SE OR ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT MAYBE THE NORTH CAN STILL GIVE IT A FIGHT

but you are right this election will be interesting  cool
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 3:08am On Jan 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

@EzeUche_

Calm down. No need to regret anything. We just need to know what we get from a GEJ presidency as a majority group that support him.

If he does not give us something tangible, we dump him. Simple.

When Igbos were the Only majority group that supported OBJ in 1999 en masse, WHat did they get back in return? Kema Chikwe and co?

When you got nothing why are you still with PDP?

I still dey laff
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 3:08am On Jan 28, 2011
I hope you all are right. Because my heart is saying we Igbos are in trouble. A dark miasma is surrounding Igboland and it needs to be cleared. Our people are already being killed in droves in the North. Yet our leadership remains silent. We Igbos need a leader to stand up for us. Ojukwu is too sick and old to lead us. We need a vibrant leader. One who hasn't been touched by the taint of corruption. One who is not willing to sell us out for political expediency.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 3:08am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: Abagworo

Hahahahahahahahahaha! PDP has already swept the elections save for few they will deliberately concede to opposition.The rigging started from registration.

Look abagworo, I don't know how you reason, but I don't think that Jonathan can take on the combined forces against him from both North and South East. I really don't.
If you look closely, he is basing his real support base in Igboland.
He will be a fool to toy with that, because if we withdraw our support, he will have to face the north alone.
And you and I know that he cannot count on the Yoruba to defend him or stand with him.

So think for once.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 3:09am On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

That was what Abagworo saw months ago that turned him into the enemy of your people.

Ask yourself Do you think GEJ's govt would change anything about Nigeria or even the position of Igbos in the Polity?

I have said it, If the SE make themselves a voting bloc under the APGA they would be more feared and can make a bargain because their voice means 5-6 states bloc votes, Instead of following the PDP that as no plan for anyone.

Exactly!!!!
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 3:09am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

I hope you all are right. Because my heart is saying we Igbos are in trouble. A dark miasma is surrounding Igboland and it needs to be cleared. Our people are already being killed in droves in the North. Yet our leadership remains silent. We Igbos need a leader to stand up for us. Ojukwu is too sick and old to lead us. We need a vibrant leader. One who hasn't been touched by the taint of corruption. One who is not willing to sell us out for political expediency.

Orji Uzo Kalu,.,, fact
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by dayokanu(m): 3:10am On Jan 28, 2011
dem_people:

Don't be disheartened. Its early days. Its not over yet. We still wouldn't have had it better with an Atiku presidency. These guys simply can't treat Ndigbo like this in this new dispensation. Its a new era with a much stronger Ndigbo.

Think about it, An Atiku Presidency had a SOLUDO VP written on it like a tattoo. and by 2015 a legitimate shout at Presidency. Thats when you can say SE support of PDP is justified

What does GEJ offer? Number 3 which you even have to fight SW for? Imagine
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Abagworo(m): 3:11am On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

You are not far from the truth.Let us just watch events unfold after GEJ is sworn in for a second term come May.I will pass my final verdict on Nigeria.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 3:12am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Guy, nothing dey happen. Do not be disheartened. We are all in this together. Btw, you should be a poet. The way you costruct your sentences is nice.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by aljharem(m): 3:12am On Jan 28, 2011
@Abagworo

Allah give you and your family peace

your love for igbo people will not die,., Amin

you are a true leader, who has a foresight on the future and told his people

please contiune this way and Allah will guild you
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 3:12am On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

Orji Uzo Kalu,.,, fact

Orju Uzor Kalu had his chance before he squandered it. That man had so much potential I tell you. But look at him now and what he did (or didn't do) for Abia State. I spit whenever I hear that man's name.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Chyz2: 3:14am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

What Aunty Dora has just now did was grab the bull by its horn. He do not have those positions now.So by her doing what she just did it will give us one of those of those positions(hopefully Senate president) by grace. We are on the up. cool
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by jason123: 3:15am On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

@Abagworo

Allah give you and your family peace

your love for igbo people will not die,., Amin

you are a true leader, who has a foresight on the future and told his people

please contiune this way and Allah will guild you

I agree. He has a great foresight. He has leadership materials.
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by Onlytruth(m): 3:16am On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: EzeUche_

Orju Uzor Kalu had his chance before he squandered it. That man had so much potential I tell you. But look at him now and what he did (or didn't do) for Abia State. I spit whenever I hear that man's name.

Even Dora Akunyili can provide that leadership in APGA. She is smart, charismatic, eloquent and fearless. So no shaking.

Peter Obi needs to tell Ndigbo what is really happening. He is the leader of SE governors forum, so he needs to clarify things for us.

But for now, NO SHAKING.  cool
Re: Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President by EzeUche2(m): 3:16am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

What Aunty Dora has just now did was grab the bull by its horn. He do not have those positions now.So by her doing what she just did it will give us one of those of those positions(hopefully Senate president) by grace. We are on the up. cool

Aunty Dora is impressing me, but there is only so much she can do. I wonder what deals did our politicians have made with GEJ. For some reason, I think they were only looking out for themselves instead what is good for the Igbo people. I do not trust Igbo politicians and I lost my faith with Ohanaeze. I pray for the day we deal with these corrupt Igbo politicians. I want to see their heads roll.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Onnoghen: Atiku Thanks US, UK, EU, Says Not Fighting for Embattled CJN / Nigeria Jubilee Fellows: FG Launches Programme To Employ 20,000 Graduates Yearly / Atiku, Wike’s Camps Rivers Meeting Ends In Stalemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.