Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? (2537 Views)

Is It Morally OK For A Pastor To Take Photos Like This? / Morally Wrong? A Girl Dating Her Adopted Brother / Kissing Before Bride Price Is Paid Is Morally Wrong!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by Atreides(f): 6:59am On Jan 31, 2011
Homonsexuality is wrong,period. It's unnatural,unscriptural,goes every normal law or nature,it's just plain wrong. I hate hearing people say they were born that way-as far as i'm concerned that's just a way to shift the blame from themselves to someone else. They themselves know it's wrong so when they say they were born that way,they're in effect saying 'hey i know homosexuality is sick and unnatural,but it's not my fault-i was born that way'. The God i believe in is good and kind. He's not cruel. If He created people gay,He wouldn't tell us it's wrong. He wouldn't tell people to deny what He made them to be. Creating someone a certain way and asking that person to deny the way he was created would be just plain cruel,in my opinion,and my God is not cruel. So as long as God tells us something is wrong,He couldn't possibly have hard-wired us to uncontrollably do that thing. I think the whole I'm-born-that-way is just an excuse to shift the blame from themselves to someone/something else.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 7:09am On Jan 31, 2011
I'm just curious

where in the bible does it say that homosexuality is wrong?

I always hear that the bible says it - but what scripture?

do you know? please help me out
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by Atreides(f): 7:21am On Jan 31, 2011
Leviticus 18:22.
Leviticus 20:13.
1 Cor 6:9,10.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 9:17am On Jan 31, 2011
Thank you for that - I actually have never seen it in the bible. I went right to those passages.

I am still supportive of homosexuals. Cheating - "do not covet, do not commit adultery, do not fornicate" is also in the bible. As is having kids out of wedlock, etc. But we all have friends, family members, neighbors, strangers and many of us on NL - including those that do not care for and/or even hate homosexuals are fornicaters and adulterers.

Thank God that God is Love. He loves us ALL - ALL THE TIME.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by Atreides(f): 9:23am On Jan 31, 2011
I know. Fornication,adultery et al are all bad,but somehow they're easier to understand than homosexuality. I just cannot reconcile my belief in God with homosexuality. I don't like adultery,fornication etc but the way i feel about homosexuality is on a whole different level. I believe in love and tolerance but homosexuality is the exception to the rule. I just cannot stand it. Even if i wasn't a religious person,i still wouldn't be able to tolerate it. It's not natural.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 9:35am On Jan 31, 2011
I understand your thoughts and your views - I can see BOTH SIDES OF A COIN

I just know that CLEARLY with all the rules being bent, twisted and broken - I don't think that God sees one sin higher than the other or lower than the other.

I also really believe that it isn't our right to judge another - as none of us created any of this creation existing around us. 

Is a cheating man ruining lives of woman, after woman after woman, better than a homosexual who has ONE PARTNER, is minding his own business, living his life, being loyal to his partner and hasn't ruined anyone's life or caused damage to others - is being viewed on a worse level than a rotten, low down, gluttonous man who cheats on women? That isn't right at all.

Nooo - I would prefer the man to be a loyal homosexual than a lying cheating straight man. 

Also, fornication, adultery - NONE OF IT IS EASY FOR GOD TO UNDERSTAND.   So who really cares whether its easier to stomach for mankind than homosexuality?  Humans rank one sin over the other - God only sees that you are disobeying his laws.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 31, 2011
Atreides:

Leviticus 18:22.
Leviticus 20:13.
1 Cor 6:9,10.

grin grin grin grin came prepared eh? lol
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 9:43am On Jan 31, 2011
@ Mz Dark

Wowww - you really do keep late hours too I see. It's good to see that I am not the only one up. I'm logging off. U have a good evening.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 31, 2011
@Shyone lol no not really. No class today but my alarm still went off, so I'm up and decided to stop by. I'm about to sleep some more tho. You do the same by the way and stay sweet!  smiley
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by Atreides(f): 10:13am On Jan 31, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

grin grin grin grin came prepared eh? lol

Yes oh. . I like keeping scriptures handy in case i need them. And if for some reason i can't remember where they are,well then,there's always Google. grin grin grin
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 9:56pm On Jan 31, 2011
Atreides:

Yes oh. . I like keeping scriptures handy in case i need them. And if for some reason i can't remember where they are,well then,there's always Google. grin grin grin

smiley

really, that was a good one - I too liked your willingness and effort to research - whether someone agrees with me or not - it is also very much about the exchange of ideas and staying civilized towards each other when presenting differing opinions. that's what this world is and should be all about

have a wonderful day to you
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by Atreides(f): 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2011
Shy-One:

smiley

really, that was a good one - I too liked your willingness and effort to research - whether someone agrees with me or not - it is also very much about the exchange of ideas and staying civilized towards each other when presenting differing opinions. that's what this world is and should be all about

have a wonderful day to you
Dude,i LOVE you! And i LOVE the fact that even though you don't agree with me you're able to show some respect for my beliefs and remain civilized. I was on another thread and some guy who doesn't believe in God was bashing those of us with faith. Some of the believers started it by calling him names and i had no problems with him doing the same thing but then when he started poking fun at Christianity/the bible/Jesus,i stepped in to tell him to please tone it down a bit and respect our beliefs even if he doesn't agree with them. The next thing was i'm a dumb bimbo for believing in God and all sorts of insults here and there,even saying some really crude/vulgar stuff bout Bros J.
We all need to respect each other's opinions/beliefs and be civilized. I will never be okay with homosexuality,but i will try as much as i can to be civilized when expressing my views on it.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 11:21pm On Jan 31, 2011
when God is in your life

God dictates love - love = keeping it civilized

i love God dearly and deeply

this is a forum - we are here to talk - we are all from different walks of life - ALL OF US

that is the beauty of this creation - we all hold different view, ideas, opinions

when I am under attack it is rare that I will snap out and threaten - unless I am feeling threatened or feeling those that I love are threatened - but even in those circumstances - I am told by my guy that ANGER is A SIN

so I am trying to daily work on that as well

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US - has our crosses to bear, our choices to perfect, our sins to correct - however God demands that while we are all working towards perfection - we are still required to show love to each other - THAT IS A TRUE CHRISTIAN

I am very sorry to hear that you were exposed to that level of ignorance.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by MrOrton: 11:29pm On Jan 31, 2011
^
Hi wink

*****Shy-One kinda sounds like my Grandma****** undecided
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 11:36pm On Jan 31, 2011
ooohhhh nooo

i don't want to be your grandma

embarassed

I'm definitely not that old.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by MrOrton: 12:06am On Feb 01, 2011
^
LMFAO.
Ok 'll keep vat In Mind!
My offer is still open for reconsideration though wink
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by MrCork17: 12:12am On Feb 01, 2011
but why wud a man be suckin c0rk? undecided
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by Mygoldie(f): 12:14am On Feb 01, 2011
^^ very disgusting innit Cork?
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by MrCork17: 12:22am On Feb 01, 2011
Mygoldie:

^^ very disgusting innit Cork?

ermm, yess its very disgustin tongue
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by manmustwac(m): 12:25am On Feb 01, 2011
Of course its wrong. The key was designed to enter The key was designed  to enter the ignition.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by hottottie(f): 12:31am On Feb 01, 2011
Sigh! what really is the fear? what is the big fear that as soon as homosexual is mentioned seemingly intelligent people become so small in their minds? I would like to ask the poster ''do you really think what defines your morality defines mine?'' or anybody elses? Every law across the world is born out of religions,to control people and although without laws there would be anarchy, i still think all this is control in the name of morality etc. I respect other's religion i have to say, i also like other to respect my views too. It really is not right that people of faith would want everyone to live by their own standards, its crazy to expect it.

Seriously guys there is really nothing to be afraid of about homosexuals, infact all the negativity you generate from your disapproval surely must play havoc with your soul don't you think?
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by HaveSense1(m): 12:32am On Feb 01, 2011
Atreides:

I know. Fornication,adultery et al are all bad,but somehow they're easier to understand than homosexuality. I just cannot reconcile my belief in God with homosexuality. I don't like adultery,fornication etc but the way i feel about homosexuality is on a whole different level. I believe in love and tolerance but homosexuality is the exception to the rule. I just cannot stand it. Even if i wasn't a religious person,i still wouldn't be able to tolerate it. It's not natural.

How can you believe in love and tolerance and say you hate homosexuality? Isn't that a bit hypocritical, don't you think? If you can't be tolerant of other's sexual orientation, and not love them regardless for it, how can you preach that? You're better off saying you don't like anyone that isn't you.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by PHILEOLOVE(m): 12:53am On Feb 01, 2011
It is purely emotional depravity and has its root sometimes in inferiority complex,low self esteem as I had to help some ladies deal with cases of masturbation(female).
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by MrOrton: 1:10am On Feb 01, 2011
^
How does vat relate to the Topic? Explain sad
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by Atreides(f): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2011
HaveSense1:

How can you believe in love and tolerance and say you hate homosexuality? Isn't that a bit hypocritical, don't you think? If you can't be tolerant of other's sexual orientation, and not love them regardless for it, how can you preach that? You're better off saying you don't like anyone that isn't you.
I suppose you could see it that way. I do believe in love and i try to be tolerant,but i don't always succeed. I can't always love everyone regardless of what they do because some of those things go against everything i believe in. It's like telling me that because i believe in love,i should love everyone regardless of what they do,say,if he's a r.apist or a p.edophile or a wife-beater,i should love him anyway when those things(r.ape,abuse) go against my beliefs,what i stand for and who i am as a person. Believing in love is one thing,staying true to myself is another. If i were to pretend to 'love' homosexuals when i know how i really feel about them,wouldn't that be hypocrtical? Homosexuality is wrong,goes against everything i believe in and condoning it would be like i was dividing myself against myself. The funny thing is,for some reason we kinda see homosexuality as worse than other sins,even though they're all sins before God. I wonder why that happens-maybe it's a psychological thing. So yes,i preach love,and yes,i try to be tolerant but i'm imperfect. Sometimes i fail. Sometimes i just cannot deal with some things. It's not something i'm proud of,but there it is. And i think we should redefine what i mean by saying i hate homosexuality. I hate the act,but i'm much more likely to ignore it altogether and pretend it doesn't exist. I'm not the type that will carry a pitchfork and burn people's houses down because of their sexual orientation-now that would be wrong. When i say i hate it i mean it disgusts me,and i will never,ever approve of homosexuality. If that makes me small-minded,then i'm okay with that. It's not everything we must be open to.
P.s-LOVE the fact that you stated your opinion without getting rude or hateful!
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by MrOrton: 9:47am On Feb 01, 2011
Come Atitties how old are you
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by harakiri(m): 10:41am On Feb 01, 2011
The topic and post are misleading. One focuses on religious "sin" while the other questions morality. Well, i don't do religion but talking about morals. . . I believe morality is subject to change and it evolves constantly. What was morally accepted as being good centuries ago might be condemned as wrong and wicked e.g in the biblical old testament, the jewish god instructed his "people" to invard people of other lands who were minding their own business. He told them to kill every man,woman and child and afterwards,plunder their livestock and burn their cities to the ground. In some cases,he told them to carry off the women and children to be used as wives and slaves. In today's world, these acts are MASS GENOCIDE, ETHNIC CLEANSING,MURDER,ROBBERY,KIDNAPPING,AGGRAVATED ASSAULT,R.APE,MOLESTATION AND CHILD ABUSE! Where is the morality in that? Most (if not all) guys here sleep with women who aren't their wives (which is a sin in their bible). Are they punished or criticized for it? NO. How about those who mast.urb.ate? Are they stoned to death? How about those that sleep with married people? I don't feel comfy about gays but its their life and a lot of you self righteous ppl have done things that deserve condemnation or even jail time. . .so abeg, make person hia word. Gays are not the cause of Nigeria's instability and backwardness. Gays are not the ones looting billions of dollars on a monthly basis. Gays are not the ones wasting innocent lives in Jos and other moslem states over senseless disputes. Gays are not the cause of bad roads,joblessness and epileptic power supply. Gays are not the ones sleeping with people's wives are prompting NL brodas to open sad sob story threads in the family section. Instead of people to face and fight important pressing matters, they prefer to cowardly banter about insignificant issues. The same guys crying for blood of gays cannot dare air their views in the presence of Atiku or Elton John. I am not an advocate for gays but i get irritated with self righteous SOB's.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by harakiri(m): 11:18am On Feb 01, 2011
@Atreides. . . I hope we can discuss logically after yesterday's episode. You say homosexuality goes against everything you believe in. Are you sure about that? I used to an ardent christian and i can confidently tell you that homosexuality and i.nc.est is condoned in the bible. With an open and clear mind,please read and observe the relationship btw David and Jonathan. I am using my phone now so i can't illustrate much but in today's world, if a man says to another man "THE LOVE YOU HAVE SHOWN ME SUPERCEDES THAT OF WOMEN". . .what would be the first that comes to mind? Your guess is as good as mine! How about Lot who slept and impregnated his two daughters after they supposedly made him drunk? Fathers drink heavily on a daily basis but still know the diff btw a blood relation and a sexual spouse. If he really did it, then it was because he wanted to. Did the christian god send down fire and brimstone to finish them off? NO! He banged not just one but TWO of his daughters (hehehe. . .d guy na nackson). Its all there in the "holy" bible.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by Atreides(f): 11:49am On Feb 01, 2011
@harakiri,i hope we can discuss logically too. Now back to homosexuality-it isn't condoned in the bible. David and Jonathat were very good friends-but that doesn't mean they had a homosexual relationship. Homosexuality was condemned in the bible long before David and Jonathat existed-please see some of the scriptures i quoted above. In the 'old' testament,homosexuality was condemned. God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of their homosexual practices-among other things. So i don't agree that homosexuality is condoned in the scriptures.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by harakiri(m): 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2011
@Atrieds. . . I still remember all those verses very well years after dumping Christianity and i urge you to go back and read the David/Jonathan saga especially when he was hiding from Saul. Two grown men wept,cuddled (amongst other things) and one cried out "THE LOVE YOU HAVE SHOWN ME SUPERCEDES THAT OF WOMEN"! ! ! Its simple English. He didn't say "the love supercedes my family or friends". There is emphasis on the gender which is WOMEN! I presume you are straight and if you two girls cuddling and one says "Baby gurl, the love you showed me this morning supercedes my boyfriends", your eyes would definitly roll. Lot was a survivor of Sodom and Gomorrah which the bible god destroyed for their "sins" which was mainly sexual depravity. The same Lot went ahead to sleep and impregnate TWO of his daughters to ensure his lineage continued. Whatever d excuse was, it was a sin. Did the bible god destroy them? NO! So what are u talking about? Or are u attempting to defend d inconsistencies and inadequacies of the bible? Come on. You know better.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by UyiIredia(m): 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2011
@ harakiri >>> I'd say your argument is shallow >>> using the statement of David as a ground for calling him and Jonathan gays is a clear case of equivocating >>> Would you say Judas was gay because he kissed Jesus in Luke 22:47 ? >>> also state the passage so I'll check it out >>> the context of the statement matters as much as the statement
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by harakiri(m): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2011
@Uyi Iredia. . . When Judas kissed Jesus in the bible story, he didn't say "MY LORD, THE LOVE YOU HAVE SHOWN ME SUPERCEDES THE LOVE OF WOMEN" and his kiss was obviously akin to the way the sicilian/italian family members kiss lightly on the cheek! Dude, there was emphasis on the gender which is WOMEN! It's so outrageously obvious that i wonder why ppl deny it. Which ever bible translation you choose use, you can NEVER explain this out of context. Haba! What is so hard to comprehend? If you saw two guys hugging,weeping and one finally says to the other "THE LOVE YOU HAVE SHOWN ME SUPERCEDES THAT OF WOMEN", what would be the first thing that comes to mind? I am waiting to see how you will misquote out of context the in.c.est Lot commited by sleeping and impregnating TWO of his daughters shortly after the almighty bible god destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for similar sexual depravity/homosexuality. That would be a laugh. I wonder why ppl keep making excuses for the bible. The fact remains that David and Jonathan were butt pirates and Lot was a sexual pervert who had sex with TWO of his daughters. End of!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Beats Me! / Do You Think He Interfered? / Schocking: Man Caught By Wife Accidentally Having Sex With Her Identical Twin Si

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.