Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? (2536 Views)

Is It Morally OK For A Pastor To Take Photos Like This? / Morally Wrong? A Girl Dating Her Adopted Brother / Kissing Before Bride Price Is Paid Is Morally Wrong!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 3:34pm On Feb 01, 2011
harakiri:

The topic and post are misleading. One focuses on religious "sin" while the other questions morality. Well, i don't do religion but talking about morals. . . I believe morality is subject to change and it evolves constantly. What was morally accepted as being good centuries ago might be condemned as wrong and wicked e.g in the biblical old testament, the jewish god instructed his "people" to invard people of other lands who were minding their own business. He told them to kill every man,woman and child and afterwards,plunder their livestock and burn their cities to the ground. In some cases,he told them to carry off the women and children to be used as wives and slaves. In today's world, these acts are MASS GENOCIDE, ETHNIC CLEANSING,MURDER,ROBBERY,KIDNAPPING,AGGRAVATED ASSAULT,R.APE,MOLESTATION AND CHILD ABUSE! Where is the morality in that? Most (if not all) guys here sleep with women who aren't their wives (which is a sin in their bible). Are they punished or criticized for it? NO. How about those who mast.urb.ate? Are they stoned to death? How about those that sleep with married people? I don't feel comfy about gays but its their life and a lot of you self righteous ppl have done things that deserve condemnation or even jail time. . .so abeg, make person hia word. Gays are not the cause of Nigeria's instability and backwardness. Gays are not the ones looting billions of dollars on a monthly basis. Gays are not the ones wasting innocent lives in Jos and other moslem states over senseless disputes. Gays are not the cause of bad roads,joblessness and epileptic power supply. Gays are not the ones sleeping with people's wives are prompting NL brodas to open sad sob story threads in the family section. Instead of people to face and fight important pressing matters, they prefer to cowardly banter about insignificant issues. The same guys crying for blood of gays cannot dare air their views in the presence of Atiku or Elton John. I am not an advocate for gays but i get irritated with self righteous SOB's.

hara who?

hara is MY HERO

[shy one - energetically and without hesitation thanks "harakiri" -  her new NL HERO - glancing at him in sheer awe, unable to speak a word just bowled over with respect, admiration and joy for his courageous stance in the face of adversity]

I LOVE YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS

I have been trying to say what you wrote above and I just didn't have the words or the knowledge.  I am just saying that ALL OF US ON THIS PLANET have the right to exist.  If a wrong is committed it is God's authority to discipline especially and even more so in the area of sexual orientation.  If we are law abiding citizens [hetero or homo] and not criminals we shouldn't be harassed, disrespected or unaccepted by others.

That is all I have been trying to say. 

Your writing said it all - my new friend. thank you
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 3:41pm On Feb 01, 2011
To add to that:

There is always someone out there that for one reason or another won't like anyone of us. They will either dislike our vocal accent, the width of our nose, the shape of our lips, the shade of our skin, the smell of our sweat, a thought we hold dear, a friend we hold near, etc,

It is painful to me, deeply painful that many times people will act on their personal likes and dislikes - in a negative way and make the choice for us as to whether or not we do or do not even have the right to live and/or if they allow us the right to live, they would take away our right to live peacefully.

That is-in-and-of-itself the very epitome and essence of criminal behavior -------- it is very, very wrong.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by MrsChima(f): 3:45pm On Feb 01, 2011
Girl!  Don't let your man see you bowing down to another man!  I am speaking from experience!  Goodness!  I bowed my head at an elder man because he was hosting as a respect and LAWD! MR. CHIMA.  Anyway, how you be girl?
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2011
@ Mrs. C

oops

maybe i didn't think that through well enough

uhhh

i think you might be right on that

i will walk back my words

thank u for the catch - i do appreciate your friendship
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2011
Mrs. C

thank you again - i love my man soo much - i would be devastated to lose him - especially over any words typed and/or exchanged on NL

I am just fine - how are you this lovely Tuesday?
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by MrsChima(f): 3:58pm On Feb 01, 2011
Girl, it going good! Thanks! Did you all have a bad storm yet or is it still coming?

Yeah, I remembered you said that your man be on this site so I was reminding you becareful. African men are naturally jealous and a simple smile can piss them off.

Bowing is a sign of respect to the husband or elder male of the family. So the husband may take offense to that. Well, my husband would.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2011
Mrs. C

you know i think u are very right - i noticed something last week and i am now rethinking on a more sober level especially about what you just typed - so i will restrain myself - at times i get really enthusiastic and i will restrain that impulsiveness

ok - snow

3 weeks ago we were buried - i was stuck at the office overnight because i couldn't get into the car and there was a state of emergency by all police personnel that if anyone was caught on the road driving they would be ticketed - many homes lost electricity and power.

now i just heard a few minutes ago that a major snowstorm blizzard is on the way again - i need to run out today and stock up on water and food at the office and at my parents home as it is soo cold outside that my ears and feet and hands were freezing to the point that i couldn't feel them-they went numb

we are going to get hit and buried again - this time i will be prepared - at least i am getting caught up with client work - i am still about 2-3 weeks behind on work but no longer 4-6 weeks behind.

oops - am derailing - will stop now
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by KGNAIRA: 4:27pm On Feb 01, 2011
@Shy-One

Why don't you just tell us you are one rather than these subtle approvals.
Remember, if your dad and mum were homos, there will be no you. How will the world look like if were were all Homos?

It is not and issue we should debate. we all know it is totall wrong.
Remember this was the prevalent sin in Sodom and Gomorah that moved God to destroy them. A world is enough for the wise.

If we repent and turnaway from our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us and cleans us from all unrighteousness. It is not too late yet
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by skydeexie(m): 4:27pm On Feb 01, 2011
Romans 1: 18-32    (NIV, ©2011)

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2011
KG_NAIRA:

@Shy-One

Why don't you just tell us you are one rather than these subtle approvals.
Remember, if your dad and mum were homos, there will be no you. How will the world look like if were were all Homos?

It is not and issue we should debate. we all know it is totall wrong.
Remember this was the prevalent sin in Sodom and Gomorah that moved God to destroy them. A world is enough for the wise.

If we repent and turnaway from our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us and cleans us from all unrighteousness. It is not too late yet

guess what?

YOU AREN'T THE BOSS OF ME.

and if i were a lesbian - I WOULD PROUDLY STRUT MY STUFF - so don't get it twisted stranger.

i am very blunt - i don't fear you or anyone on NL - [shy-one climbs up on ladder curiously without fear or anger peering eye to eye with KG_NAIRA ]

u got anything else to say big boy?

this isn't a debate, this is a discussion

and as far as my parents go - my mom gave birth to a homosexual male - whom everyone in the family ABSOLUTELY ADORES AT ALL TIMES AND IN ALL PLACES - INCLUDING THE CHURCH - any other questions?
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2011
skydeexie:

Romans 1: 18-32    (NIV, ©2011)

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

SCORE:

God - 1
The Face of The Earth - 0

= everyone on the planet will be wiped out

@ skydeexie - make sure you say your prayers tonight and i will do the same - God is love and is a present help to EVERYBODY when in trouble.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by MrsChima(f): 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2011
LMAO!

You got issues Shyone! I am over here crying and hitting the table! OOh lawd! That right girl!
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by KGNAIRA: 4:46pm On Feb 01, 2011
@Shy-One

Don't get me wrong girl. Nobody is trying to bully anyone here. I am just saying it the way it is.
However, from your response, I seem to understand why you taking the position you are taking.
Your brother is one. For you all the rejection ill-comments about homos directly translates to ill-comments about your brother and you cannot stand it. In your hearts of hearts, you wished he was not one

Pray for him instead. There is nothing impossible with God.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2011
KG_NAIRA:

@Shy-One

Don't get me wrong girl. Nobody is trying to bully anyone here. I am just saying it the way it is.
However, from your response, I seem to understand why you taking the position you are taking.
Your brother is one. For you all the rejection ill-comments about homos directly translates to ill-comments about your brother and you cannot stand it. In your hearts of hearts, you wished he was not one

Pray for him instead. There is nothing impossible with God.

why would i target him to pray for him and him alone?

answer me that?

the WORLD including YOU need prayer

see how you assumed i was a lesbian? that in itself is criminal - your assumption

also your assumption that HE NEEDS PRAYER - that is criminal as well

i accept him as he is - as i accept you as you are - i am sure in my heart of hearts that there are other people in this world that need more prayer than my brother

i love my brother til-death-do-us-part and beyond

his choice is his choice - would i choose it for him if i were able? OF COURSE NOT - i wouldn't want him to suffer words from strangers such as what i suffered from you who thought i was a lesbian because i have the ability to see 2 SIDES OF A COIN

because i can see the effects of poverty doesn't make me poor, at times i can understand a cheating man but that wouldn't make me cheat on my spouse, at times i can understand bigotry but a bigot - i am not.

you too have issues to resolve - as i write you should be on your knees in prayer, so who are you to suggest that i get on mine?
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by KGNAIRA: 5:01pm On Feb 01, 2011
@Shy-one

I apologise if i've hurt you in any way.

However, my stands remains - HOMOSEXUALITY IS WRONG WRONG WRONG AND WRONG

I rest my case
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by skydeexie(m): 5:02pm On Feb 01, 2011
Romans 2:1-11 (NIV, ©2011)

God’s Righteous Judgment

"1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by MrsChima(f): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2011
Okay, I remained as a viewer as possible. 

I can understand both sides and I too have friends that are gay.  They know my views on homosexuality and respect my rights to an opinion.  However, we both respect each other's choice in how we want to live our lives.  It up to God to judge accordingly.  In the bible, it specifically shun against homosexuality and in the very same bible it said to love your brothers as you love Christ. 

One side saying homosexuality is a choice and will be judged upon and the other side saying it is not a choice and we should love them anyways. 

If you are a believer of the WORD, you will acknowledge everything thus said the bible and if you are not a believer of the WORD, the bible means nothing to you.  So let agree to disagree and move on people.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2011
@ skydeexie

i'm sorry for exploding - this topic is painful, very and it is primarily because of the ostracization, the lack of understanding, the very hypocritical lack of tolerance for one unfavorable act but the open acceptance by men of other unfavorable acts wayyyyy worse than the freedom of choice to be a homosexual

that enrages me totally - i guess i would be more rigid against homosexuals if other so-called acts perpetrated by men were also condemned as loudly and as violently as that of being a homosexual.

For instance - and not TO DERAIL THIS THREAD so pleassse forgive me in advance Mr and Ms Moderators but as we type - Egypt is in crisis with the driving factors being a corrupt government - a sin by men.

I look at Nigeria and wonder why everyone isn't in the street doing the same thing so that constant electricity and abject poverty aren't their daily reality in a country that is overflowing WITH WEALTH but instead we are soo vocal and passionate about a little ol homosexuality.  Why aren't you BIBLE THUMPERS outside in the millions dealing with those issues?  I wonder why you scream so loud on NL against someone's right to choose what gender they want to enjoy.

Our priorities are NOT straight.  Yeah, let's focus on the homosexual and dog him out while we start up the generator to light our homes and offices.  wtf?!!!!!!

There was a banker - a female who was soooo corrupt - she owned so many homes that the list was soo endless that the listing of the residences she obtained illegally and fraudulently bled to the next page of the articles -  I WAS SHOCKED and then I see so many families in make-do-shacks - living in horrible conditions that I want to march holding signs and shoot anybody that tries to take my right to object away from me.  That's the problem of being a woman, you aren't as strong as a man though you can think as passionately as one.  It's obvious that Nigeria has enough wealth to deal with many of the problems that are there.

Instead, let's focus our misplaced energies on aligning the act of being homosexual with what God says in scripture - yeah that is sooo very productive and profitable and worthy of our time - let's do that - let's put him or her down and make them feel bad while we eat our dinner by candlelight and generator driven power - let's focus on that and continue to be quiet and content and nonrebellious and non-revolutionary towards our government - oh and by the way let's not forget to pay the light bill each month so we can depend on 4-5 days a month of interrupted electricity and the other 25 days of the month we can continue to buy gas and pour all of our hard earned dollars into fueling our homes.

that burns me to my core and i don't even live in Nigeria - but hearing about this from my mate who doesn't deserve to be treated in this manner by that corrupt government
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2011
shy-one

eyes red, breathing hard - very upset

am logging off!!!
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by thiscounts(m): 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2011
Shy-One:

shy-one

eyes red, breathing hard - very upset

am logging off!!!

Please do for my selfish interest and let's go on yahoo.You know what I mean.Cheers
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by queensmith: 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2011
Well everyones sense of morality is different. Unless your talking about a specific religion- theres not much more to this issue
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by MrsChima(f): 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2011
Shyone,

You can't get that upset about opinions whether you agree with it or not.  As I stated I can understand both sides and both of you guys were bringing the bible into the debate.  So, if we are going to bring the bible into anything then we need to quote exact and not paraphrase what we believe it to be.  

It is not worth getting your blood pressure up because at the end of the day, you will still love your brother and the others will still have their opinions which why I said let agree to disagree.

It is okay suga.  Breathe in and out.  Hugs.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by skydeexie(m): 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2011
@Shy-One

6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”

Yes, even the corrupt politicians, civil servants and the general public who refuse to do the right thing will be repaid!

You have my sympathy and understanding on this issue, however I am not picking issues with any one, I only let the
Bible speak. God loves the sinner but hates the sin. His love is reaching out to millions right now who cannot help
themselves.

Life itself is full of choices. We choose what we want to do and to be when and where we want regardless of what the
Word of God says and whatever anyone feels - BUT, remember we shall all bear the consequences of our choices
whether good or bad. This one thing you can be sure of. Cheers!
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by samparian(m): 5:55pm On Feb 01, 2011
who dey ask this question self?
its in the bible, quran and if you even ask the traditionalists in your village, they'll tell you its a taboo
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by polandlady: 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2011
My daughter posted a nude picture of herself to this site http://www.photochat.tk , and I tried to warn her only that she tell me that she wan to become a celebrity
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2011
skydeexie:

@Shy-One

Yes, even the corrupt politicians, civil servants and the general public who refuse to do the right thing will be repaid!

You have my sympathy and understanding on this issue, however I am not picking issues with any one, I only let the
Bible speak. God loves the sinner but hates the sin. His love is reaching out to millions right now who cannot help
themselves.

Life itself is full of choices. We choose what we want to do and to be when and where we want regardless of what the
Word of God says and whatever anyone feels - BUT, remember we shall all bear the consequences of our choices
whether good or bad. This one thing you can be sure of. Cheers!

i am soo grateful for you - thank you - that was very helpful, very loving, very calming to me

i wish you a great and productive day today - it was my pleasure to meet u.

my sincere apologies for the outburst

i will be the very first to tell anyone THAT I TOO have areas that need improvement and need work - i am dragging my cross, because it is soo heavy - but as least i have people such as yourself and others that can recognize and offer direction and assistance that lightens the burdens of our different daily tasks weighing us down.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by ShyOne(f): 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Shyone,

You can't get that upset about opinions whether you agree with it or not.  As I stated I can understand both sides and both of you guys were bringing the bible into the debate.  So, if we are going to bring the bible into anything then we need to quote exact and not paraphrase what we believe it to be.  

It is not worth getting your blood pressure up because at the end of the day, you will still love your brother and the others will still have their opinions which why I said let agree to disagree.

It is okay suga.  Breathe in and out.  Hugs.

thank you Mrs. C

I'm sorry for that display - i too have my days - i love him soo much - i wish he had chosen differently, but he didn't and i will be penalized by God if i turn my back on him and how do u turn away from someone that his foot is my foot?  i cannot.  i love him and i will always love him.  and to hear these people calling them f-aggots [ i hate that word] and saying all kinds of horrible things makes me want to turn into a stalking sniper - but i cannot because then i have to answer to God as well

and some numbnut even said to set them on fire - i hear this and want to die a million deaths and yes it hurts very much to me who have done nothing to anyone and my brother has done nothing to anyone but to live - he makes a six figure salary, has educated himself, gives the clothes off his back to friends, family and strangers and to hear this idiots put him down - makes me want to utilize my metaphysical strengths and curse all them and their generations to come - but again, my God tells me to stop, listen and continue to love the buffoons that talk, point and demean us.

when they demean him, they demean me - his foot my foot.  but one good thing is that whatever goes around comes around - they put him down for his homosexuality - it is written that any thing they do that is taboo - they too will suffer by the sword.

that's why i consciously try hard to watch my words and to be kind and loving to all because i don't want to suffer my words to other by being judgmental when my closet has items in it that i too wish were not there - everyone has a closet but they seem to forget what's in theirs and their closets are soo full that items are hanging out for all to see but they condemn homosexuals.
Re: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? by koolchicco: 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2011
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.. / Be Honest And Comment With Ur Relationship Status / Ladies, How To Know A Chronic Womanizer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.