Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts (5880 Views)

Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. / She Kissed Me And Walked Away / She Just Walked Away Without Any Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by tehilah92(f): 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2020
This is my first time of doing this on nairaland, please pardon any mistakes.
I met and started dating my boyfriend, though now ex, in 2013 while in my first year, he was in his third year, though there were other girls I didn't get know about till after 3 months of dating him, baby t somehow he dumped others and I was the only one left, so I thought..,
He kept on cheating, I kept forgiving, even after his graduation, we continued, everyone knows about us, almost everyone was seeing us couple of course we were seeing ourselves too, hahaha, we even planned how our wedding would look like, but then he is a woman beater, my mouth no kukuma good if quarrel start but he always starts the fight, his cheating part became something else, he even slept with my best friend's kid sister, hmm, as usual he apologized, and mumu in love, I forgave, after my graduation, a year later I went for service, though I went before him, now the problem, I served in a rural area, no light, poor Network, anytime he calls and am unavailable, he concludes am with a man, he will insult me and everything around me, after much insults, I decided to walk away for good, though it hurts that I wasted almost 7years with him, I was hoping he would change but it only got worse, if I endure and marry this one I will die of maybe BP or beatings, has anyone experienced this before?

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
tehilah92:
I met and started dating my boyfriend, though now ex, in 2013 while in my first year, he was in his third year, though there were other girls I didn't get know about till after 3 months of dating him, baby t somehow he dumped others and I was the only one left, so I thought..,
He kept on cheating, I kept forgiving, even after his graduation, we continued, everyone knows about us, almost everyone was seeing us couple of course we were seeing ourselves too, hahaha, we even planned how our wedding would look like, but then he is a woman beater, my mouth no kukuma good if quarrel start but he always starts the fight, his cheating part became something else, he even slept with my best friend's kid sister, hmm, as usual he apologized, and mumu in love, I forgave, after my graduation, a year later I went for service, though I went before him, now the problem, I served in a rural area, no light, poor Network, anytime he calls and am unavailable, he concludes am with a man, he will insult me and everything around me, after much insults, I decided to walk away for good, though it hurts that I wasted almost 7years with him, I was hoping he would change but it only got worse, if I endure and marry this one I will die of maybe BP or beatings, has anyone experienced this before?
Sorry dear,you took the right decision,never look back again.

12 Likes

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Puvo: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
Atleast you're free now grin
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by donbachi(m): 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
Bad Character and bad habit are two different things...don't ever date or stay in a relationship with people of questionable bad characters.they will never change...people with bad habits can.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by doggedfighter(f): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Happy walking away.

You are better off.
You will be fine !

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Longbean11: 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nne u made the right choice.. The guy is a monster, such people can beat woman to death.. The earlier the better

1 Like

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by lilmax(m): 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2020
but then he is a woman beater, my mouth no kukuma good if quarrel start but he always starts the fight

This is all I need to know

He's not evil as portrayed, from this I can bodly say you're the cause of the soured relationship 60%

Well, you both learnt good lessons, change and move on

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Gentle0wavez: 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
Well we need to hear his own side of the story to get the full truth. If he is truly a woman beater then you did right but remember that A BAD MOUTH WILL CAUSE YOU PROBLEMS IN EVERY RELATIONSHIP. There are words you tell a man he will loose interest in you sexually. Learn to tame your tongue.

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
Eeyah.. sorry ehn, u actually took the best decision...God no go shame u wink smiley
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by tehilah92(f): 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
lilmax:
but then he is a woman beater, my mouth no kukuma good if quarrel start but he always starts the fight

This is all I need to know

He's not evil as portrayed, from this I can bodly say you're the cause of the soured relationship 60%

Well, you both learnt good lessons, change and move on

It's not true my dear, eg, a night before he left for his orientation camp, he started a fight for no reason, I kept calm, watched him, I don't respond always Sha, he stormed out of the house, I tried calling he refused picking up, only for him to return and pretend like all was fine, well I checked his phone while he was asleep and saw a text of him promising another woman of going to secure their future together! When I showed him, he begged, that it was just to decieve the other lady, I just shook my head, remained calm, excorted him to the park, he kept begging till his bus left the park, if i keep quiet he will say am ignoring him, I talk he will say am talking back, just no worry, he was a handful

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by tehilah92(f): 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
Well we need to hear his own side of the story to get the full truth. If he is truly a woman beater then you did right but remember that A BAD MOUTH WILL CAUSE YOU PROBLEMS IN EVERY RELATIONSHIP. There are words you tell a man he will loose interest in you sexually. Learn to tame your tongue.

I respond when I feel I can't swallow his insults anymore, if I want to go outside he blocks the way, I try to force my way na slap, he talks like woman, person that claps ehwn quarrelling.
I am lonely now, it hurts now but my dear a relationship that whoever heard it wants to congratulate me for leaving, if I was bad his friends and family won't want to make peace o

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by SweetCunt97(f): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
Heistman:
Eeyah.. sorry ehn, u actually took the best decision...God no go shame u wink smiley
You see some of the reasons some in their 30s are single? Investing years into one relationship and something comes up and pulls d plug.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Mstick: 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
I just shared this story with a friend of mine his name's Johnny walker, he said I should tell you to keep walking.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
SweetCunt97:
You see some of the reasons some in their 30s are single? Investing years into one relationship and something comes up and pulls d plug.
so u suggest?
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by dmgr(m): 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2020
You made the right decision by leaving the relationship thou its not going to be easy because 7yrs no be beans..

But never, ever allow anybody to waste your time like that again, people hardly change, from your writeup probably he has been cheating since when u guys were still undergraduates, you can imagine, and u were just their hoping he would change, nah some people are not like that.

From the moment you don't like a particular character of the person you re dating, and you made efforts and even gave time to see wether they re going to change, but still they refused changing, just take a walk and never look back.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by SweetCunt97(f): 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2020
Heistman:
so u suggest?
You guys should stop calling them evening newspapers.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by truthhurts2: 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
tehilah92:
Your life should come first in any thing you re doing which includes your peace of mind and happiness, anything that will hinder that doesn't worth it. You had had your fair share... I had mine too sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Gentle0wavez: 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
tehilah92:

I respond when I feel I can't swallow his insults anymore, if I want to go outside he blocks the way, I try to force my way na slap, he talks like woman, person that claps ehwn quarrelling.
I am lonely now, it hurts now but my dear a relationship that whoever heard it wants to congratulate me for leaving, if I was bad his friends and family won't want to make peace o

Abeg oh, I was not in anyway saying that you did a bad thing by leaving or that you are bad or at fault. I'm just pointing out lessons you will need in your next and by God's grace far far better relationship. But by your first sentence here, you shouldn't say that you have a bad mouth na, everybody would respond if the insults becomes too much, worst still when you are not given the opportunity to walk out, don't say you have a bad mouth in that case, you are just human. Don't agree to make peace oh, please, it's over it's over. I hate it when people console the victim instead of cotrectig who is at fault. The bible says that God is close to the broken hearted, Rediscover his unshakable love for you, it will help you heal better. Don't let the bitterness to remain in your heart.

I wish you the best From my heart, because from all your write up it seems to me that you are a phlegmatic just like me. So I understand you well.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by chigoizie7(m): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
tehilah92:

You did not waste any seven years of your life. In life, whatever we encounter at any point in time is either a blessing or a lesson. Whichever it is, it is a good thing.
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by truthhurts2: 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
tehilah92:

It's not true my dear, eg, a night before he left for his orientation camp, he started a fight for no reason, I kept calm, watched him, I don't respond always Sha, he stormed out of the house, I tried calling he refused picking up, only for him to return and pretend like all was fine, well I checked his phone while he was asleep and saw a text of him promising another woman of going to secure their future together! When I showed him, he begged, that it was just to decieve the other lady, I just shook my head, remained calm, excorted him to the park, he kept begging till his bus left the park, if i keep quiet he will say am ignoring him, I talk he will say am talking back, just no worry, he was a handful
Hmmmm...

Pls, why checking his phone? That's where most of you ladies give yourself unnecessary headache. Checking his phone is like writing letters to a lots of things e.g HBP, stomach pain, HEARTache, running stomach and total loss of peace of mind. If we pray not to die young, not checking our partner's phone is one of the remedy.
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by placeofallure(f): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
Gentle0wavez:

You don't need his side of the story. He beats, he cheats. There's no sugar-coated tale or vinegar-sprinkled story that will justify those. Beater, Cheater! Two big vices, he has no excuse joooor!

Good for you my lady that you moved on. Open your eyes before you choose your next date and don't make excuses for his inadequacies.
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by placeofallure(f): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
dmgr:
You made the right decision by leaving the relationship thou its not going to be easy because 7yrs no be beans..

But never, ever allow anybody to waste your time like that again, people hardly change, from your writeup probably he has been cheating since when u guys were still undergraduates, you can imagine, and u were just their hoping he would change, nah some people are not like that.

From the moment you don't like a particular character of the person you re dating, and you made efforts and even gave time to see wether they re going to change, but still they refused changing, just take a walk and never look back.

That's it. Nobody ever broke my heart. I never experienced heartbreaks simply because once I noticed anything I didn't like, I tell you once or twice, I just take a walk. I'm an introvert. Some may never even know the reason I left cos I won't just say, I just jejely go my way Chikena!
Ta n ni radarada!
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
For 7years, you endured a woman beater as you called him? That alone is a big turn off in a relationship.

Your type will view men now as beasts without realizing that it's nobody's fault that you wholeheartedly decided to settle for an animal in place of man.

Well, good luck and I hope it's really over because your type hardly let go for good.
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2020
tehilah92:
You mean he wasted your 7 Years.
And you think you didn't waste his 7 YEARS too...?
Why do you LADIES always think and come to the conclusion that a man is always a waster of time...pardon my grammar.
You think you didn't set him back abiiiii
I have cousins who were doing well in the cities but relocated to the rural areas simply because they encountered ladies who wasted their YEARS and finances as well.
Again, for any MAN that decides to cheat, a woman is also always involved.
So, PLEASE, CALM down and move on.
Be smarter next time

1 Like

Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by 1beat(m): 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2020
7 years ... hmmm what is left
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Frankenstein: 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
tehilah92:
Was it a no-sex relationship?
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Alberta123: 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
Where can we submit our application for the open vacancy grin grin grin
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Frankenstein: 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
placeofallure:

That's it. Nobody ever broke my heart. I never experienced heartbreaks simply because once I noticed anything I didn't like, I tell you once or twice, I just take a walk. I'm an introvert. Some may never even know the reason I left cos I won't just say, I just jejely go my way Chikena!
Ta n ni radarada!
You take a walk, just like that? What are the things that have made you walk away from previous relationships?
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by Frankenstein: 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
Alberta123:
Where can we submit our application for the open vacancy grin grin grin
Application to waste more of her time? She needs some time to heal from the breakup if you are looking for anything serious.
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by humilitypays(m): 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
tehilah92:
can we now ping you, as in are u open for business grin shocked shocked
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by humilitypays(m): 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
Frankenstein:
Application to waste more of her time? She needs some time to heal from the breakup if you are looking for anything serious.
stop speaking for her, she doesn't need any time to heal anything, she just need lots of options of dicks, the more the better wink
Re: I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts by gunners160(m): 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
So becos of that the guy should kill the young lady with beating habi
but wait oo how do some ladies cope in abusive rlshp? imagine 7 good years and yet you guys are not married

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

+18: Will The Army Arrest Me for Wearing This? [Picture] / Does My Female Neighbor Has The Rights To Be Angry Cos I Brought A Girl Home? / What Do You Think - Can You Learn To Love Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.