Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,769 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... (74165 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2020
Xisnin:

And you wonder why you are in poverty?
Hustling fraudsters hardly progress because they are penny wise pound foolish.
LOL grin grin nairaland sha any small thing poverty, broke boy haba this lyric nor dey tire una to use.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by grandstar(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2020
SSpeter

I'm confused here. Has she changed overnight? From experience, no! Can she change? Yes. However, it will take time and only if the husband is resolute.

Can he afford that time? That is the question. It isn't easy marrying someone you don't trust or feel disappointed in.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by MartinsD12(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2020
SSpeter:
A friend is calling off his wedding plans because he thinks his girlfriend lacks integrity. They have known for about 3years and he has not complained about her to me or any one.

Problem started when he got a call from the bank pleading with him to tell his girlfriend to reverse/return the excess amount credited to her account when she visited the bank to make a deposit into her account. He called his account officer to investigate the issue. The account officer confirmed that she got excess of what she wanted to deposit and she has moved all the funds to another bank.

She used the guy as her next of kin that was how they could contact him. He called his babe who denied initially but reluctantly agreed when he divulged that the bank contacted him. Dude became angry and paused all wedding plans.

The lady s begging and has cried her eyes out...what do you think? can you compromise integrity...?

I got permission to write about this here incase you think xyz and my friend is a Nairalander!
The guy is perfectly right, the girlfriend is a thief taking what doesn't belong to her am sure if this bank issue did not occur she is likely to be stealing from the guy or even borrow huge loan using the guy as collateral self, it's very clear she will end up wrecking the guy financially with her lack of integrity so my guy did the right thing by calling off the wedding, money way no be your own no be ur own its stealing
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Alexaonfleek: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

do everything to make sure the babe returns the money (even pretend you will marry again, if she does).... then when she returns the money, get rid of this low life thieving woman from your life.

you can already see the type of deceitful demon she will turn into...
Take a deep breath...drink water and read the story again...this time slowly.
Life isn't so hard na! Haba!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by gift01: 11:03am On Jul 04, 2020
I just hope your friend never chop dis babe so tey he's now tired. She can be forgiven but he must be wary
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Ayemileto(m): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

until its "your" money that is sent by mistakes to a stranger's account, and then you will be singing a different tune and crying like a lil girl to get your hard earned money back. wrong is wrong however desperate and hungry a person may be!

According to the story, she was the one that deposited the money herself, but the bank credited much more than her deposit.

So, it's not about "someone's money" mistakenly getting sent to another person's account.

But the most reasonable thing is for her to refund the money.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Jaycup: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2020
My simple question is why didn't she owned up when her boyfriend asked her?
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by pek(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2020
[quote author=kalufelix post=91351497] still not a near enough reason to cancel a wedding... If your wife or husband cannot partner you in crime who else will...let the teller pay for the mistake and learn a lesson[/quote] And you are even my kinsman. Don't tow this line please. Be compassionate. Nobody is above mistake. The lady is a thief. For even moving the said money speaks volumes.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2020
Xisnin:

And you wonder why you are in poverty?
Hustling fraudsters hardly progress because they are penny wise pound foolish.
.....You nailed it.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Xisnin(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2020
Wetabix:

LOL grin grin nairaland sha any small thing poverty, broke boy haba this lyric nor dey tire una to use.
The kind of poverty that will make you die to covet a peanut paid into your account is out of this world.
It must be that kind that turns some starving people to cannibals.
I empathize with you.
Your life is not fair.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by gloryon(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2020
bluskyee:
Why are you guys so dumb, did you work in banking ops? When you are over credited guy no body can touch your account unless you were credited twice. The issue here is obviously a teller looking for way to recoup funds probably with her supervisior. Look, even if that lady did not move funds you cannot touch her account. You can only beg her to return cos she can claim that was the amount she gave you and if you sue the Bank you are wining big time. It is a cash tranx. And if you escalate this case and the bank authorities get to know you face sanctions as a teller...
lol, Mr bank ops. Say what you know. Wallow in your ignorance.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 04, 2020
Ayodejewel:
The babe lacks integrity for real. She was called but still denied and reluctantly agreed. Now she's almost loosing a relationship because of lack of integrity

You are right babe. Its too bad when its even by a lady.
years back I went to withdraw money at the bank I didn't use my ATM. I asked for ten thousand naira and the lady at counter counted the money and gave it to me. I did not count it. I just put it in my pocket and left.
I had already boarded a taxi when a call came in. "Hello Mr. Oluwaseun, I am sorry the money I gave you is more than you asked for. I know you did not count it. I gave you double pls sir can you help me by bringing it back" the lady begged.

I dipped my hand in my pocket counted the money and it was twenty thousand. So, I called her that on my way back from where I was going I would bring it and later I did.

If I had denied it there was nothing she could have done with it. She would only need to balance her account by refunding it from her pocket, but Integrity is too important to be ignored by me.

The guy has done well. But he could still tamper justice with mercy.

8 Likes

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Yankee101: 11:06am On Jul 04, 2020

'I trust you is more loving than I love you'

Abeg you get bobo or you still single?

Bola146:
When trust is been betrayed in a relationship, i need to japa, that is a very bad signal sad I trust you is more loving than I love you
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by massalati(m): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2020
Saintinoo:

Those banks are also robbing us, they hardly return the illegal charges on our account.
If you think you can have an angel as a wife, then try and watch your own life and see if you have no fault.

BEST COMENT SO FAR...
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 04, 2020
kalufelix:
How much are we talking about here.... Pay excess money enter my account and be waiting for integrity...integrity bawo... Because she is a woman... She even used the mofo as her next of kin... I need to marry that babe. Hypocrites everywhere!
The bank would collect the money back with any means, its only a matter of time.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Talkingoil(m): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2020
Saintinoo:

I will think about what she does right, and if it outweights d wrong, i will forgive her, but warn her not to try it again.
You can't just end your marriage plans because of this, we all are criminals one way or the other. I believe you friend is not 100% pure.

On point
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by foreverdiamonds(m): 11:07am On Jul 04, 2020
She made a mistake, she probably wanted to play a fast one. i will advise you to forgive her and continue with the marriage.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by lookingfly: 11:07am On Jul 04, 2020
How will he feel getting married to an ole......if na me, i go call off the wedding. It's true lots of us have skeletons, but skeletons that destroys trust is worse.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 04, 2020
Xisnin:

The kind of poverty that will make you die to covet a peanut paid into your account is out of this world.
It must be that kind that turns some starving people to cannibals.
I empathize with you.
Your life is not fair.
grin grin grin oya do oh nor cry again.. I know how it feels to be out smarted.. Next time don't be greed
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Smile4me01(m): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2020
she see gud future in the relationship that is why she used you as next of kin just warn and also advice her for future occurrence and continue with your marriage
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Ventrue: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2020
Brilliant! Hi, guys NEVER you wed a lady without integrity. Today is bank money surely believe me tomorrow it is going to be faithfulness. When such a thing happened to me years ago, instead of canceling the wedding as this WISE friend of yours did, I overlooked and today I am suffering continuos LACK of INTEGRITY of the woman in various ways to date. LET she CRY her eyes out, LET she CRY OUT BLOOD, vicious LADY cry, cry, and cry. Continue CRYING.....

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2020
And we expect God to forgive us when we find it difficult to forgive others.

I hope your friend could forgive & move on. Three years of r/shp is not a joke. Considering his integrity nature, he wouldn't have stayed for 3 years if the lady is that bad. The wedding must have contributed to her foolish decision. Perhaps she misperceived it as God's miraculous blessing.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by iamjavadem(m): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2020
Not enough to call your wedding off because i have asked ladies what they will do if money was mistakenly paid into their account, only a few said they will return it because they all think it will go unnoticed. If you have done a wedding before, you will know how tempting it would be for that person to see that money as a blessing from God because that is how Nigerians think.
My advice, your friend should let it go and let his fiance know the difference between a blessing and fraud. I blame how religion is taught in Nigeria for this. He should watch homevideos to know how nigerian women think. Next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 04, 2020
OP dont marry her, such lady can kill.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Kiezodumah(m): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2020
MummyIMadeIt:
To err is Human to forgive is........

Meanwhile, it's also rare to see a lady who isn't married use her boyfriend or fiance as her next of kin

Even most married ladies don't do that...

Indeed it's rare..

We are humans by nature and can make mistake, as such ones mistake shouldn't be used as a yardstick to condemnation

To me I would concern myself with her actions and behavior after acknowledging the situation..

I think that should give you a hint on what to do next.

Good luck

It's either u deceiving ursef or someone is doing that to u. U think if it was a business empire a lady inherited ,she wud use any man as her next of kin ?
It cos there aiint any stake tied to her bank transaction ,she willingly placed him as NOK.
The guy shud just calm down, post pone the marriage for now ,heal and forgive her.
Guy ,go and marry ur wife. We all have a price no matter the amount: one can never tell what he/ she is calpable of till it comes facing us.
What wud he say about most women of not all sef, who often keep part of the money somewhere for the upkeep of the home ??
Every average Nigerian is corrupt one way or the other irrespective of gender and amount involved.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by insperyadyou: 11:11am On Jul 04, 2020
When you remove integrity from a man he becomes an animal. The girl has trust issues. Please think and re-think
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by khalids: 11:11am On Jul 04, 2020
SSpeter:
A friend is calling off his wedding plans because he thinks his girlfriend lacks integrity. They have known for about 3years and he has not complained about her to me or any one.

Problem started when he got a call from the bank pleading with him to tell his girlfriend to reverse/return the excess amount credited to her account when she visited the bank to make a deposit into her account. He called his account officer to investigate the issue. The account officer confirmed that she got excess of what she wanted to deposit and she has moved all the funds to another bank.

She used the guy as her next of kin that was how they could contact him. He called his babe who denied initially but reluctantly agreed when he divulged that the bank contacted him. Dude became angry and paused all wedding plans.

The lady s begging and has cried her eyes out...what do you think? can you compromise integrity...?

I got permission to write about this here incase you think xyz and my friend is a Nairalander!

Good decision.....what values will she teach their children....

No time for long thing............
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by kalufelix(m): 11:11am On Jul 04, 2020
bukatyne:

Nope, she is hardened because her husband to be had to cajole her before she confessed.

I don't think it is about men/women either. I am sure the lady would feel same way if the guy did the same thing.

These are two people who are supposedly getting married. I am expecting that the girl would have told the guy about the 'blessing' before the bank reached out to him.
True that.. She should have let another ear be a witness not necessarily her man. Maybe she was waiting for the right time... There was a time i was overpaid. I told my close friend this is not my salary... We just went out and drank a few bottles and that was it till today... I am just shocked the way people are calling for her head
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by khalids: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2020
SIR0:
And we expect God to forgive us when we find it difficult to forgive others
What are you saying.........
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2020
SIR0:
And we expect God to forgive us when we find it difficult to forgive others

God also expects us to go and sin no more.

Because too often Nigerians use 'God forgives' as an excuse for 'Go and continue with your sin'.

Someone has just shown that she has no character. And you want OP's friend to marry that person? So that he can suffer well well in his marriage.?

Let the girl show fruit of repentance. Maybe things will chage. Maybe not.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by phemmyfour: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2020
Ayemileto:

According to the story, she was the one that deposited the money herself, but the bank credited much more than her deposit.

So, it's not about "someone's money" mistakenly getting sent to another person's account.

But the most reasonable thing is for her to refund the money.
You are just like most deceitful Nigerians. Always looking for an excuse to gratify and justify irresponsible act

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:13am On Jul 04, 2020
Jaycup:
My simple question is why didn't she owned up when her boyfriend asked her?
....She is simply a hardened criminal.

Somebody who has concience will not act the way she did especially when her bf asked her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Caught Sleeping With Married Woman In Kaduna South, Beaten To Stupor / Wedding Reception Order Of Programme / Stereotype About Only Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.