Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,512 members, 7,865,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 (6943 Views)

What Sky News Reported And How Vanguardngr Delivered The News to Nigerians / Trash That National Water Resources Bill 2020 - Guardian News / General Gowon Sitting And Eating On The Floor In Benin In 1967 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by LegendHero(m): 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga u can not assume ...that's not how argument is done ..there are a billion thing he could have thought

Untill u can provide any account that saying he planned to be head of state u shut up

My question is who stopped the coup

Address me in a civil manner because I don't want this argument to degenerate in another abuse game. I am tired of all that honestly.

Lol, asking me to provide account.

Don't be fixated on the word "Stop". You should rather ask yourself if the goal was achieved or Not.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

U tutored nothing ...igbos were majority in the army then by far ...so it means nothing

They planned to hand over to awolowo ..the could was never to benefit igbos

Infact igbos prevented the coup from being a success ..now go school your self

Dumb.. But who was made the head of state, igbo ironsi

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
LegendHero:

Address me in a civil manner because I don't want this argument to degenerate in another abuse game. I am tired of all that honestly.

Lol, asking me to provide account.

Don't be fixated on the word "Stop". You should rather ask yourself if the goal was achieved or Not.
Oga you u do is to assume ...how can u know the goal

Why did ojuckwu stop the coup in the north

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Factshunter: 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
Edited.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Are I saying the biafran soldiers never declared and independent country for mid West ?

Dedetwo:

Why wouldn't Biafra attack mid-western region when Escravos was not only training depot of 3MCDO but the launching pad of the sea operation against Ubani (Bonny) in eastern region or Biafra? The mid-western region provided the men and materials for seaward offensive against Biafra from July 6 -26, 1967. In addition, the so-called military governor of mid-western region had on August 3, 1967 made radio announcement that mid-western region and himself are solidly behind Gowon and the actions against eastern region or Biafra.

See u n ur brother contradicting yasef... gringrin

Sageb come oo

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Stop wat.. After balewa and ahmadu were killed brutally

After the wives of these men were killed brutally. Infact ojukwu knew abt it, he was just playing Saint

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga u can not assume ...that's not how argument is done ..there are a billion thing he could have thought

Untill u can provide any account that saying he planned to be head of state u shut up

If. The coup was to free awo.. Why didnt any igbo free him from Calabar prison

Why was it that it was the northerner that freed awo

3 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by LegendHero(m): 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

When you say Ojukwu stopped it. Is that after Ahmadu Bello was already killed?

He stopped it after the premier was already slaughtered? I don't even understand you!

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Liposure: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
Muna4real:

Nonsense. You all claim that he captured ore and yet, he didn't add ore to the biafran map. There is a difference between fighting soldiers who are trying to invade biafra through ore and "capturing " ore . You all make me laugh so much that my belly hurts grin grin. Wait let me ask you ohh. Did the people of ore ever complain about any form of forced leadership on them from the biafran soldiers? Do you know the meaning of "?captured "
how can you be defending and invading at the same time? Does it make sense to you. Ore was already captured b4 the nigerian forces reinforced n chased the biafran troops out
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Honestly u r not intelligent as I thought

U r so dumb

I wish pazienza was here.. The only Igbo That can argue with proven point.

The rest of u are scam walai
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:
Joker
Ojukwu stopped it after the premier have been killed..

Where was he b4 ahmadu Bello, tafawa belewa were killed?
Rubbish..... Ojukwu stopped a coup after they already killed they main people

Legendhero see this clown oo.. So dumb
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by JAMO84: 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Shut up ..igbos tried to rescue yorubas from fulanis who killed your leader and taken over your region to give u independent
Like we did to mid West
Igbo tried to rescue Yoruba! Who send una message to come and rescue us?
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by LegendHero(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
Constantjohn:

Joker

Ojukwu stopped it after the premier have been killed..

Where was he b4 ahmadu Bello, tafawa belewa were killed?

Rubbish..... Ojukwu stopped a coup after they already killed they main people

Legendhero see this clown oo.. So dumb
I blame him not. He was just trying to defend his tribe. So when he has no fact, he resorted to saying anything to keep the argument on.

The argument is even getting boring tbh.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by LegendHero(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
JAMO84:
Igbo tried to rescue Yoruba! Who send una message to come and rescue us?

Lol. I was like, were the Yorubas in bondage ni?

Abi who could have invited the Igbos to rescue us from bondage.

See me see wahala o!
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by engrchykae(m): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol, Banjo commandeering the Biafran forces will definitely kill or instruct his soldiers to kill Yoruba soldiers as he won’t be able to distinguish Yoruba from Hausa on the battlefield. He already swore his allegiance to the Biafran army and he ceased to be a Yoruba on the battle field.

Lol, @the bolded, do you know that the Yorubas have always wanted the capital to be moved away from Lagos ever since the 1950s? Awolowo fought for the capital to be moved to another place and even promised that the Western Region will finance the construction of a new capital.

Do you know who opposed that? Nnamdi Azikwe, he said Lagos is no man’s land and the capital should remain in Lagos because he doesn’t want Yoruba to keep the wealth of Lagos.

Even the Fulanis supported it then until Azikwe confused them that they won’t have access to the Apapa port easily if Lagos capital fall into Yoruba hands.

In all this, Awolowo was frustrated and he had to write a letter to the colonial secretary telling them that the Yorubas will leave the union if capital is not relocated. The colonial secretary not wanting a breakup of the new country that will be birthed threatened Awolowo and told him that it will be met with force of Awolowo ever dare to proceed with making Yoruba leave the union.

Do you know what Azikwe did, he wrote the colonial government and told them that “They have address Awolowo in the only language he understood” I.e. force and he was pleased with the decision.

I swear on God, the Yorubas have always wanted the capital to be moved from Lagos even since, which explained why it wasn’t met with force when Babangida did that later.

The North is not the genesis, the Igbos through Azikwe are the genesis of the initial rot of this nation. The North were never this brutal, you guys taught them everything they come to know presently.

I feel nauseated that you Igbos cry victims even when you are the genesis of your misfortunes.
so mnk is right after all,what the yorubas have for igbos is only hate.
We will do away with Pentecostalism and we shall see where your foothold will be.
Zik is one politician whom even we igbos don't like,we prefer MI okpara,akanu ibiam etc to Zik,but here is a wicked Yoruba boy hating on an entire people because of what a politician Zik did.
Should I hate the entire Yoruba because of what tinubu did?
Obasanjo is another Yoruba who was a good Nigerian.
You are filled with bile.
Nnamdi kanu was right afterall
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by BlowYourMind: 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Muna4real:

Please stop bursting big fat lies here. Ojukwu was in charge of the eastern region and he fought for them. He never extended anywhere close to midbelt or south west.
A simple Google search will spare you of these ignorance

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by JAMO84: 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol. I was like, were the Yorubas in bondage ni?

Abi who could have invited the Igbos to rescue us from bondage.

See me see wahala o!
I dey tell you
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by bigpicture001: 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
tutudesz:

Guy The Guardian newspaper was founded in 1983 undecided So please how is possible they reported a news that happen 1967?

Guardian is a u. K paper. Only copied by the Nigerian publisher in 1983 to establish naija guardian
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by worldman(m): 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by LegendHero(m): 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
engrchykae:
We will do away with Pentecostalism and we shall see where your foothold will be.
Zik is one politician whom even we igbos don't like,we prefer MI okpara,akanu ibiam etc to Zik,but here is a wicked Yoruba boy hating on an entire people because of what a politician Zik did.

Lol, Igbo man preaching hate and love to me.

Based on your analysis, then why do you guys hate all Yorubas because you thought Awo masterminded the defeat of Biafra?

Why do you guys blame all the Northerners because of the sins of few elite?

You can try to say Zik wasn’t Igbo, but WE will never forget he is Igbo and will continue to lecture you guys on why we are here and let you know Zik was the genesis.

I never said I hated Igbos, hate itself is a strong word and it depend on premises. I am just here telling you guys to stop pushing the victim mentality everytime.

Nnamdi Kanu is mentally deranged so I don’t care about his opinion tho. Wasn’t he the one who first called for the extermination of Yorubas during the start of his crusade?

3 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by bigpicture001: 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
The somebody read where the editor reffered to the massacre of Igbos in the north..?
Latef they will Com and say there is was a senseless war....

The editor reported on AWO'S DESIRE TO Leave the federation but he is cared of the north... If he was brave with his people, that was an opportunity to break away.. Let's see how north will fight on two front...

But yorubas are enjoying their northern friendship only for them to complain of fulani men now... BEG ENJOY NORTHERN EMPIRE
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by wirinet(m): 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga biafra gave mid West independent right ?
The plan was to free the west from Fulani and hand it over to the yorubas
We beg una to free us? How can plan you to free us without our consent or corporation? Did the mid west come to Ojukwu and beg him to free them?

4 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
engrchykae:

Sorry nnna

Yorubas don't give a damn

We love our Awo like dt
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by wirinet(m): 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
overall90:

you are very free to wallow in your ignorance.
And you are free to wallow in your knowledge.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
bigpicture001:
The somebody read where the editor reffered to the massacre of Igbos in the north..?
Latef they will Com and say there is was a senseless war....

The editor reported on AWO'S DESIRE TO Leave the federation but he is cared of the north... If he was brave with his people, that was an opportunity to break away.. Let's see how north will fight on two front...

But yorubas are enjoying their northern friendship only for them to complain of fulani men now... BEG ENJOY NORTHERN EMPIRE

Hahahahahaha

Azikwe a slave to balewa

Igbos slave to Atiku

So tell us, who are the real slaves?

Legendhero, this guy need tutoring ooo.. He is lost
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by bigpicture001: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol, Igbo man preaching hate and love to me.

Based on your analysis, then why do you guys hate all Yorubas because you thought Awo masterminded the defeat of Biafra?

Why do you guys blame all the Northerners because of the sins of few elite?

You can try to say Zik wasn’t Igbo, but WE will never forget he is Igbo and will continue to lecture you guys on why we are here and let you know Zik was the genesis.

I never said I hated Igbos, hate itself is a strong word and it depend on premises. I am just here telling you guys to stop pushing the victim mentality everytime.

Nnamdi Kanu is mentally deranged so I don’t care about his opinion tho. Wasn’t he the one who first called for the extermination of Yorubas during the start of his crusade?

Guy u did t grow up with your dad.. It's very. Clear... If he is still alive, quietly ask him what aso taught in radio about Igbos..... He preached hate openly against Igbos.. ND ur parents bought it and also sew it in ur heart... Now we are level

We don't need ur Gals cuz we have ours, we don't need ur skls uz we have ours, we don't need ur houses cuz we have ours, we don't need ur money cuz we have ours.... Just be on ur lane and huzle for ur self and immidiate family.............. Nobody sends u or care weda you send Igbos.. Go rest with ur self entitlement self entitled mentality..... Igbos can do very much without yoruba
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

Guy u did t grow up with your dad.. It's very. Clear... If he is still alive, quietly ask him what aso taught in radio about Igbos..... He preached hate openly against Igbos.. ND ur parents bought it and also sew it in ur heart... Now we are level

We don't need ur Gals cuz we have ours, we don't need ur skls uz we have ours, we don't need ur houses cuz we have ours, we don't need ur money cuz we have ours.... Just be on ur lane and huzle for ur self and immidiate family.............. Nobody sends u or care weda you send Igbos.. Go rest with ur self entitlement self entitled mentality..... Igbos can do very much without yoruba

Yorubas never needed igbo for once..

E pain am

Awo made 2 decisions and it ruined Biafra

No food

Currency change

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by bigpicture001: 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
Constantjohn:

Hahahahahaha

Azikwe a slave to balewa

Igbos slave to Atiku

So tell us, who are the real slaves?

Legendhero, this guy need tutoring ooo.. He is lost

So u hv now self confessed that at least one igbo man who is an igbo leader did not support the killing of balewa.. Cuz he loves him... Taught you said. It's a well planned igbo coup by all igbo elite..?

Speaking from the two side of your tongues.. Continue ur twisted mentality. Am reading!
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by LegendHero(m): 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

[s]Guy u did t grow up with your dad.. It's very. Clear... If he is still alive, quietly ask him what aso taught in radio about Igbos..... He preached hate openly against Igbos.. ND ur parents bought it and also sew it in ur heart... Now we are level

We don't need ur Gals cuz we have ours, we don't need ur skls uz we have ours, we don't need ur houses cuz we have ours, we don't need ur money cuz we have ours.... Just be on ur lane and huzle for ur self and immidiate family.............. Nobody sends u or care weda you send Igbos.. Go rest with ur self entitlement self entitled mentality..... Igbos can do very much without yoruba[/s]

I don’t have time for this incoherent jargons.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by bigpicture001: 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
LegendHero:

Grow up
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by wirinet(m): 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
kingzizzy:
The Biafran war was always about those who were fighting to be free of Northern domination and those who were fighting to eternal slaves of the North

Unfortunately for Biafra, the eternal slaves were far more in number
That's the problem with you people. You cannot be fighting to free slaves that did not ask you to fight for them. That's in itself is slavery and not freedom.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Sammy07: 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
LegendHero:

Bro, you get time ooo.
I dey follow your chats with them.

Una get time. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

IBB To Media: Ignore Those Preaching Disunity In Nigeria / Ayo Fayose Detains His Fathers Corpse With Police / Who Is A Lagosian ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.