Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,409 members, 7,864,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 (6938 Views)

What Sky News Reported And How Vanguardngr Delivered The News to Nigerians / Trash That National Water Resources Bill 2020 - Guardian News / General Gowon Sitting And Eating On The Floor In Benin In 1967 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 4:11am On Jul 07, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol, Banjo commandeering the Biafran forces will definitely kill or instruct his soldiers to kill Yoruba soldiers as he won’t be able to distinguish Yoruba from Hausa on the battlefield. He already swore his allegiance to the Biafran army and he ceased to be a Yoruba on the battle field.

Lol, @the bolded, do you know that the Yorubas have always wanted the capital to be moved away from Lagos ever since the 1950s? Awolowo fought for the capital to be moved to another place and even promised that the Western Region will finance the construction of a new capital.

Do you know who opposed that? Nnamdi Azikwe, he said Lagos is no man’s land and the capital should remain in Lagos because he doesn’t want Yoruba to keep the wealth of Lagos.

Even the Fulanis supported it then until Azikwe confused them that they won’t have access to the Apapa port easily if Lagos capital fall into Yoruba hands.

In all this, Awolowo was frustrated and he had to write a letter to the colonial secretary telling them that the Yorubas will leave the union if capital is not relocated. The colonial secretary not wanting a breakup of the new country that will be birthed threatened Awolowo and told him that it will be met with force of Awolowo ever dare to proceed with making Yoruba leave the union.

Do you know what Azikwe did, he wrote the colonial government and told them that “They have address Awolowo in the only language he understood” I.e. force and he was pleased with the decision.

I swear on God, the Yorubas have always wanted the capital to be moved from Lagos even since, which explained why it wasn’t met with force when Babangida did that later.

The North is not the genesis, the Igbos through Azikwe are the genesis of the initial rot of this nation. The North were never this brutal, you guys taught them everything they come to know presently.

I feel nauseated that you Igbos cry victims even when you are the genesis of your misfortunes.

God will continue to punish them until they take responsibility for their actions, go on their knees and beg their generous Yoruba daddies for forgiveness

3 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by MetaPhysical: 4:28am On Jul 07, 2020
EastGold:
Biafra failed the moment Igbo tried to extend their territory to SS and SW.

I know they will argue with me, I know some of them don't understand history.

But I have said my own.

You are correct. See attachment. Ojukwu already had tacit interest from West and Midwest to abstain from the war. Why did he take assault to people that declared zero aggression to Biafra? This is what Ibo must resolve.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by MetaPhysical: 4:33am On Jul 07, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol, Banjo commandeering the Biafran forces will definitely kill or instruct his soldiers to kill Yoruba soldiers as he won’t be able to distinguish Yoruba from Hausa on the battlefield. He already swore his allegiance to the Biafran army and he ceased to be a Yoruba on the battle field.

Lol, @the bolded, do you know that the Yorubas have always wanted the capital to be moved away from Lagos ever since the 1950s? Awolowo fought for the capital to be moved to another place and even promised that the Western Region will finance the construction of a new capital.

Do you know who opposed that? Nnamdi Azikwe, he said Lagos is no man’s land and the capital should remain in Lagos because he doesn’t want Yoruba to keep the wealth of Lagos.

Even the Fulanis supported it then until Azikwe confused them that they won’t have access to the Apapa port easily if Lagos capital fall into Yoruba hands.

In all this, Awolowo was frustrated and he had to write a letter to the colonial secretary telling them that the Yorubas will leave the union if capital is not relocated. The colonial secretary not wanting a breakup of the new country that will be birthed threatened Awolowo and told him that it will be met with force of Awolowo ever dare to proceed with making Yoruba leave the union.

Do you know what Azikwe did, he wrote the colonial government and told them that “They have address Awolowo in the only language he understood” I.e. force and he was pleased with the decision.

I swear on God, the Yorubas have always wanted the capital to be moved from Lagos even since, which explained why it wasn’t met with force when Babangida did that later.

The North is not the genesis, the Igbos through Azikwe are the genesis of the initial rot of this nation. The North were never this brutal, you guys taught them everything they come to know presently.

I feel nauseated that you Igbos cry victims even when you are the genesis of your misfortunes.

Legend don enter. Ibos on this thread go tear race comot, and na so dem go jam and scatter one another in their rush to be the first out the door. grin

3 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by LegendHero(m): 4:42am On Jul 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Legend don enter. Ibos on this thread go tear race comot, and na so dem go jam and scatter one another in their rush to be the first out the door. grin

Lol.

Broda mi, been a while.

Eku ojo meta o.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by MetaPhysical: 5:00am On Jul 07, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol.

Broda mi, been a while.

Eku ojo meta o.

I dey wonder where u dey sef. My inlaws don miss you well well.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by LegendHero(m): 5:09am On Jul 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

I dey wonder where u dey sef. My inlaws don miss you well well.

I miss our inlaws too ooo.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by mu2sa2: 5:41am On Jul 07, 2020
Racoon:
As it was in 1967 and so it's now.The contraption called Nigeria has simply refused to work.
Nigeria works for you if you work yourself. Lazy yoot!
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by BlowYourMind: 7:00am On Jul 07, 2020
Supermugu:
... And he cowardly Ran away to Cote d'Ivoire grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 07, 2020
bigpicture001:

Tank you for the Igbo history, but leave the tribe alone. U hv ur own problems...........

engrchykae:
the feeling is mutual

Yorubas hate igbos
Igbos hate yorubas

The feeling is mutual

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by sageb: 7:19am On Jul 07, 2020
Constantjohn:

See u n ur brother contradicting yasef... gringrin

Sageb come oo

David Ejoor told Gowon and Ojukwu that midwest will maintain their neutral stance if there is any conflict between both parties.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 07, 2020
bigpicture001:

Go to skl u will not go... What is the insinuation of
Azikiwe is balewas slave..?
Yes Azikwe was balewa slave
Alex ekueme slaved for shagari
Ojukwu too slaved for the north

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by sageb: 7:26am On Jul 07, 2020
Constantjohn:

Yes Azikwe was balewa slave

Alex ekueme slaved for shagari

Ojukwu too slaved for the north
their master the fulanis dumped them after 40 years of using them in 1999. Ever since, they have been wailing "marginalization" everywhere.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Dedetwo(m): 7:27am On Jul 07, 2020
EastGold:
Biafra failed the moment Igbo tried to extend their territory to SS and SW.

I know they will argue with me, I know some of them don't understand history.

But I have said my own.

Above post is one of the brazen failures of Awo's free education policy in western region of Nigeria.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

Above post is one of the brazen failures of Awo's free education policy in western region of Nigeria.

E pain am..

Biafra failed when they over stepped their boundary... They were burnt

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

E pain am..

Same Awo gave u education

All ur leaders schooled in the west. Under awolowo education

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Dedetwo(m): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2020
LegendHero:

Most Yoruba peeps assumed they have monopoly on recorded events. It was Awolowo's long dream to merge Lagos capital territory with western region of Nigeria. In the same 1950s as the poster had insinuated, the opponents of the propose merger of Lagos capital territory with western region of Nigeria by Awolowo characterized such move as queer idea.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Dedetwo(m): 8:11am On Jul 07, 2020
Constantjohn:

E pain am..

Same Awo gave u education

All ur leaders schooled in the west. Under awolowo education

You folks are loaded with fallacies only can be produced on Oluwole street. Awo did not even attend a secondary school. Arguably one of the best secondary schools, if not the very best, was located in eastern region. It was branded as Eton of Nigeria.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

You folks are loaded with fallacies only can be produced on Oluwole street. Awo did not even attend a secondary school. Arguably one of the best secondary schools, if not the very best, was located in eastern region. It was branded as Eton of Nigeria.

Awo did not attend a secondary school But he schooled in the UK... How come

Yes.. It was in the east.. We know ur chest beat

Yet all ur leaders schooled in the west.. Till now they are still schooling in the West..

Here on nairaland, an igbo guys was told by his people in Unizik that he shud forgo unizik for western university.

The igbo guy gain admsn in both universities east n west.. Guess wat, he said he was suprised when his people from home told him not to come to unizik ooo.. That he shud go to The one in the west.. I asked him why *** he said till date, he doesn't know. Why they told him. That

No. School in the east is worth sumtin good...all are useless... No school like the west.. Even north is beating ur eastern schools nows

Legendhero Coman see this boy

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

Obafemi Awolowo was born on 6 March 1909 in Ikenne, in present-day Ogun State of Nigeria. [8] His father was a farmer and sawyer who died when Obafemi was about ten years old. [9] He attended various schools, including Baptist Boys' High School (BBHS), Abeokuta ; and then became a teacher in Abeokuta , after which he qualified as a shorthand typist . Subsequently, he served as a clerk at the Wesley College Ibadan, as well as a correspondent for the Nigerian Times . [10] It was after this that he embarked on various business ventures to help raise funds to travel to the UK for further studies. [ citation needed] Following his education at Wesley College, Ibadan, in 1927, he enrolled at the University of London as an External Student and graduated with the degree of Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.). [11] He went to the UK in 1944 to study law at the University of London and was called to the Bar by the Honorable Society of the Inner Temple on 19 November 1946. [9][12] In 1949 Awolowo founded the
Nigerian Tribune , a private Nigerian newspaper, which he used to spread nationalist consciousness among Nigerians. [13]

Awo is a certified lawyer bro...

His free education saved ur tribe... Ur tribe shud be grateful to Awo forever

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Dedetwo(m): 8:18am On Jul 07, 2020
Constantjohn:

Awo did not attend a secondary school But he schooled in the UK... How come

Yes.. It was in the east.. We know ur chest beat

Yet all ur leaders schooled in the west.. Till now they are still schooling in the West..

Here on nairaland, an igbo guys was told by his people in Unizik that he shud forgo unizik for western university.

The igbo guy gain admsn in both universities east n west.. Guess wat, he said he was suprised when his people from home told him not to come to unizik ooo.. That he shud go to The one in the west.. I asked him why *** he said till date, he doesn't know. Why they told him. That

No. School in the east is worth sumtin good...all are useless... No school like the west.. Even north is beating ur eastern schools nows

Legendhero Coman see this boy

If you did not know about this cute historical fact, you are not qualified to partake in the ongoing discussion.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

If you did not know about this cute historical fact, you are not qualified to partake in the ongoing discussion.

The lies ur fathers told u has affected ur destiny... Honestly
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Dedetwo(m): 8:39am On Jul 07, 2020
Constantjohn:

[b]Obafemi Awolowo was born on 6 March 1909 in Ikenne, in present-day Ogun State of Nigeria. [8] His father was a farmer and sawyer who died when Obafemi was about ten years old. [9] He attended various schools, including Baptist Boys' High School (BBHS), Abeokuta ; and then became a teacher in Abeokuta , after which he qualified as a shorthand typist . Subsequently, he served as a clerk at the Wesley College Ibadan, as well as a correspondent for the Nigerian Times . [10] It was after this that he embarked on various business ventures to help raise funds to travel to the UK for further studies. [ citation needed] Following his education at Wesley College, Ibadan, in 1927, he enrolled at the University of London as an External Student and graduated with the degree of Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.). [11] He went to the UK in 1944 to study law at the University of London and was called to the Bar by the Honorable Society of the Inner Temple on 19 November 1946. [9][12] In 1949 Awolowo founded the
Nigerian Tribune , a private Nigerian newspaper, which he used to spread nationalist consciousness among Nigerians. [13][/b]

Awo is a certified lawyer bro...

His free education saved ur tribe... Ur tribe shud be grateful to Awo forever

I do not pay mind to craps produced by the very people who created prose allegedly uttered by Lt Col Francis Fajuiyi. Some folks are funny. The writer of above crap mentioned Baptist Boys' High School (BBHS), Abeokuta, which has no record of Awo as former student yet could not mention, at least, one such businesses of Awo. I have admired Awolowo's resolve to succeed in life even when he worked as a motor park tout and money contribution collector but will not allow benefit of doubt to the hack writers.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 07, 2020
[s]
Frankdaz9:
who said Biafra failed? Yoruba Muslims!
[/s]

No it didn't fail my dear Igbo Muslim.

It has morphed into an online country. First of its kind.

After all y'all pay taxes to your supreme leader Kanu and Nwazuruike already sold fake passports to you.

What else do you need in a country?
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 07, 2020
EngineerBode:
The civil war was a mistake. The separation should have happened

I agree. But the separation wasn't just going to happen peacefully. Ojukwu was angling for blood, just like his "son", the present day Kanu and others who follow him.

I believe there were better ways even then to agitate and realize your republic, but Ojukwu wanted war and he got one.

Otherwise he would have stayed in his region and defended it which was the better option anyway since they knew the terrain better.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by CashlazEnt: 8:54am On Jul 07, 2020
www.cashlaz.online

visit that blog above and subscribe,pls help a brother gain traffic.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by CashlazEnt: 8:57am On Jul 07, 2020
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

I do not pay mind to craps produced by the very people who created prose allegedly uttered by Lt Col Francis Fajuiyi. Some folks are funny. The writer of above crap mentioned Baptist Boys' High School (BBHS), Abeokuta, which has no record of Awo as former student yet could not mention, at least, one such businesses of Awo. I have admired Awolowo's resolve to succeed in life even when he worked as a motor park tout and money contribution collector but will allow benefit of doubt to the hack writers.

Yes even Azikwe operated a baby factory, he smuggled drugs and that's why most of his sons were beheaded in UAE gringringrin
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 07, 2020
[s]
Deebwebb:
See what awolowo clearly said,"if the Igbo's leave we will leave too". To show you that Yoruba's can't stay in Nigeria without us,no wonder awolowo betrayed us.imagine a Nigeria without the Igbo's..chai I can't wait to leave this cursed nation.
[/s]

If you are going to quote history at least be accurate.

Awolowo said and I paraphrase, "if the Igbos were ALLOWED to leave the union, the Yorubas won't stay". Were the Igbos ALLOWED to leave?

Awolowo cautioned Ojukwu from going to war.

One of the reasons Awolowo could never have dragged his people into war was because the federal capital was located in Yorubaland, in Dodan Barracks, Lagos.

Learn your history.

Besides, it is quite plain that the only ethnic group in Nigeria that needs Nigeria more than others is the Igbo.

That's why you leave your home and are always moving westwards and northwards.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Dedetwo(m): 9:04am On Jul 07, 2020
Constantjohn:

Yes even Azikwe operated a baby factory, he smuggled drugs and that's why most of his sons were beheaded in UAE gringringrin

You are very much entitled to your opinion.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

You are very much entitled to your opinion.
Like u r to yours too
E pain am well well gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dave Umahi Celebrates President Buhari At 79 / Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance / Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.