Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,585 members, 7,865,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:50 PM

BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 (6950 Views)

What Sky News Reported And How Vanguardngr Delivered The News to Nigerians / Trash That National Water Resources Bill 2020 - Guardian News / General Gowon Sitting And Eating On The Floor In Benin In 1967 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

So u hv now self confessed that at least one igbo man who is an igbo leader did not support the killing of balewa.. Cuz he loves him... Taught you said. It's a well planned igbo coup by all igbo elite..?

Speaking from the two side of your tongues.. Continue ur twisted mentality. Am reading!

U r confused bro

U don't read well... The link I shared wasn't an igbo man account.. It was a Yoruba man named Olutoye that didn't agree with the killing.. Not igbo.. Read well.... Abi shey Olutoye na igbo? grin

Dumb fellow

Ur Brother Igbochief001 in a bid to lie posted the link... Unknown to him, he shot himself in the foot gringringrin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/1966-coup-plotters-planned-make-awolowo-head-state-olutoye/%3famp=1
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by bigpicture001: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
Constantjohn:

Yorubas never needed igbo for once..

E pain am

Awo made 2 decisions and it ruined Biafra

No food

Currency change

Leave Igbos alone ND face your own problems... Every time, Igbos Igbos....

You hv shot at leadership, no wahala.. If Igbos don't get it, still no wahala, just face ur bizness ND hv peace of mind. Upon ur parents teaching of igbo hatred... U can't kill them all. Your ppl are doing exploit abraod with your privileged money from govt. Igbos too are doing theirs with their own huzle money....... Y not face ur own trouble..........
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by wirinet(m): 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Shut up ..igbos tried to rescue yorubas from fulanis who killed your leader and taken over your region to give u independent
Like we did to mid West

Igbos don turn to Volton defender of the universe?

4 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

Leave Igbos alone ND face your own problems... Every time, Igbos Igbos....

You hv shot at leadership, no wahala.. If Igbos don't get it, still no wahala, just face ur bizness ND hv peace of mind. Upon ur parents teaching of igbo hatred... U can't kill them all. Your ppl are doing exploit abraod with your privileged money from govt. Igbos too are doing theirs with their own huzle money....... Y not face ur own trouble..........

I can only follow ur advise if only Igbo can leave yorubas alone....

We never liked u, we never brought any war to u..

Face the north and leave the west alone

Simple

3 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by bigpicture001: 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
Constantjohn:

U r confused bro

U don't read well... The link I shared wasn't an igbo man account.. It was a Yoruba man named Olutoye that didn't agree with the killing.. Not igbo.. Read well.... Abi shey Olutoye na igbo? grin

Dumb fellow

Ur Brother Igbochief001 in a bid to lie posted the link... Unknown to him, he shot himself in the foot gringringrin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/1966-coup-plotters-planned-make-awolowo-head-state-olutoye/%3famp=1

Go to skl u will not go... What is the insinuation of

Azikiwe is balewas slave..?

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Shut up ..igbos tried to rescue yorubas from fulanis who killed your leader and taken over your region to give u independent
Like we did to mid West

Hegoat, this yorubas beg to be rescued by the clueless ojukwu who cudnt rescue East sef..

Rubbish claim..

3 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

Go to skl u will not go... What is the insinuation of
Azikiwe is balewas slave..?
Yes Azikwe slaved to the north...

All ur leaders slaved to the north
From Azikwe, ekueme Alex, ojukwu even campaigned for shagari gringringrin
Okorocha nko, Orji Kalu nko
Slaves

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by bigpicture001: 11:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
Constantjohn:

I can only follow ur advise if only Igbo can leave yorubas alone....

We never liked u, we never brought any war to u..

Face the north and leave the west alone

Simple

In my place in the east... A lot of yorubas do bizness, tailoring, selling food, medicine, bizness centeters ND wholesale foodstuff... Never for once did you see any chief or politician Com to take over their shops or lock it up for 2years ND allow tins they sell to spoil so that they can b wrecked

Fashola did it at Lagos Island Market, did it at ladipo, tinubu did his at mandillas, at trade fair complex and mny more.............. Yet if they dislike Tinubu, u will hate them..... Charge ur tax, they will pay u, stop wrecking thier bizness in name of tribal attack............ Nyorubas shld leave Igbos alone

Use ur presidency ND govt positions u boast of getting more than everyone to help urself.. Igbos sell chargers ND cassette, yes, but leave them alone,, stopp burning their markets ND claiming mysterious fires
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by bigpicture001: 11:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
Constantjohn:

Yes
Azikwe slaved to the north...

All ur leaders slaved to the north

From Azikwe, ekueme Alex, ojukwu even campaigned for shagari gringringrin

Okorocha nko, Orji Kalu nko

Slaves

Tank you for the Igbo history, but leave the tribe alone. U hv ur own problems...........
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by LegendHero(m): 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Bro, you get time ooo.
I dey follow your chats with them.

Una get time. lipsrsealed

It’s boring here so I’m just catching cruise online.

Ekale o!

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Muna4real(f): 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
Liposure:
how can you be defending and invading at the same time? Does it make sense to you. Ore was already captured b4 the nigerian forces reinforced n chased the biafran troops out

Invading is different from capturing. By the way you didn't answer the questions I asked. Read my quote again.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
BlowYourMind:
The destruction of biafra came because Ojukwu "overdo", he should have remain in the Eastern region not him advancing towards the Midwest, that was his undoing, he was myopic and mentally unstable to think Gowon will allow such, Ojukwu want to take over Lagos for obvious reasons, greed. he waste 3 million people for his own selfish interest, he cut food supply to the Eastern region, leaving people to die of hunger
... And he cowardly Ran away to Cote d'Ivoire grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Osaze007: 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Why wouldn't Biafra attack mid-western region when Escravos was not only training depot of 3MCDO but the launching pad of the sea operation against Ubani (Bonny) in eastern region or Biafra? The mid-western region provided the men and materials for seaward offensive against Biafra from July 6 -26, 1967. In addition, the so-called military governor of mid-western region had on August 3, 1967 made radio announcement that mid-western region and himself are solidly behind Gowon and the actions against eastern region or Biafra.

Then why are you crying over yorubas attacking you lol

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Osaze007: 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
Constantjohn:

Joker

Ojukwu stopped it after the premier have been killed..

Where was he b4 ahmadu Bello, tafawa belewa were killed?

Rubbish..... Ojukwu stopped a coup after they already killed they main people

Legendhero see this clown oo.. So dumb

Igbo think say anyone no smart part them na their problem

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by engrchykae(m): 11:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
Constantjohn:

Sorry nnna

Yorubas don't give a damn

We love our Awo like dt
the feeling is mutual
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by engrchykae(m): 11:24pm On Jul 06, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol, Igbo man preaching hate and love to me.

Based on your analysis, then why do you guys hate all Yorubas because you thought Awo masterminded the defeat of Biafra?

Why do you guys blame all the Northerners because of the sins of few elite?

You can try to say Zik wasn’t Igbo, but WE will never forget he is Igbo and will continue to lecture you guys on why we are here and let you know Zik was the genesis.

I never said I hated Igbos, hate itself is a strong word and it depend on premises. I am just here telling you guys to stop pushing the victim mentality everytime.

Nnamdi Kanu is mentally deranged so I don’t care about his opinion tho. Wasn’t he the one who first called for the extermination of Yorubas during the start of his crusade?
the Igbo race is too proud, blessed,big and prosperous to bother themselves with Yoruba opinion of Igbo
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Muna4real(f): 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
BlowYourMind:
A simple Google search will spare you of these ignorance

Sometimes I wonder how God created some nigerians . The way you people believe every lie that comes out of from every mouth is awesome and amazing. Instead of you to say that the biafran troops invaded ore, you decided to use the word" capture". To capture ore means that biafra went to ore, dethroned whatever leadership that was there, used the people as slaves, minned their resources illegally and declared it part of biafra. But the world knows that nothing of that sort happened. Even the indigens of ore can't tell you that such a thing happened in history. The biafran soldiers invaded ore to fight troops. They did not capture ore
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Sammy07: 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
LegendHero:

It’s boring here so I’m just catching cruise online.

Ekale o!

Lol, yes sir.
Bawo ni ọ hun?

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by WizzyVine: 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
engrchykae:
ojukwus intention was to attack dodan barracks and unseat Gowon.
But the fearful yorubas,what a fearful race

A fearful race that led your troop in the person of Banjo. If the Yoruba race is indeed fearful, why do Igbos hate Benjamin Adekunle so much? Benjamin Adekunle, the Black Scorpion, the fearless Yoruba man who castrated Biafra.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Omoluabi16(m): 11:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
Eku ife oh! Invades my house WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, because you want to emancipate me from a perceived slavery. The history books do not show the mid-west or the yoruba's needing saving. Keep lying to yourselves if it'll make you feel better. Awon oniranu.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by engrchykae(m): 11:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
WizzyVine:

A fearful race that led your troop in the person of Banjo. If the Yoruba race is indeed fearful, why do Igbos hate Benjamin Adekunle so much? Benjamin Adekunle, the Black Scorpion, the fearless Yoruba man who castrated Biafra.
we don't hate or fear the loudmouth Benjamin adenkunle.
We ended his military career when he tried his larger than life operation oau,the simultaneous capture of owerri aba and umuahia.with his 3rd marine commando division.
Major shande was to capture aba,col etuk was to capture owerri while Navy Capt makanjuola was to capture oguta and make for uli airstrip.

Fast forward to action,shande died in aba,col etuk entered owerri while makanjuola was sinked in oguta before they could disembark.
Ojukwu later gave col ogbugo kalu"your role in the loss of port Harcourt is still fresh in the minds of the people,vanquish the enemy from obinze in 48 hours or tender your resignation.
Then all Oru assembled,you won't understand,don't bother anyway.
Ogbugo kalu, Lambert iheanacho,col Joe achuzie all came together,out of 40000 man 3rd marine men,700 with col etuk escaped as a bad guy he is.
It was the end of the loudmouth Benjamin adenkunle military career, Gowon dismissed him and replaced him with obasanjo.
Murtala military career was ended by col Joe achuzie after abagana disaster.
We knew what we did to the invaders,we ain't playing any victims.
If the Yoruba hate us we understand because the 3rd marine men are mostly Yoruba division,most of them died in ohuba,umuagwo,obinze, owerri.

Because Benjamin adenkunle had the support of the ijaws and the British on the coast,he bragged about capturing the hinterland in two weeks but he ended up ending his military career in two weeks.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by tutudesz: 11:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

Guardian is a u. K paper. Only copied by the Nigerian publisher in 1983 to establish naija guardian
The Sun is also a UK paper too, but you hear news bearing the sun Nigeria to indicate the location. The poster was supposed to indicate which of the Guardian.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Liposure: 11:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
Muna4real:

Invading is different from capturing. By the way you didn't answer the questions I asked. Read my quote again.
i ve said my piece
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 07, 2020
Frankdaz9:
who said Biafra failed? Yoruba Muslims!

I heard you were in search of proof that Biafra failed, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKkC8Yi5UY

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Uchek(m): 3:18am On Jul 07, 2020
It should be "even the Igbo military coup plotters - not even the Igbos do not seem........."

LegendHero:

Brother the man is mentally deranged. Anybody that says the coupist wanted to install Awolowo is mad.

Let me bring you back in time and I want you to judge this yourself whether the coupist wanted to install a Yoruba man Awolowo as their motive.

-Awolowo was jailed in 1963

- When the coupist struck, they made no provision to rescue Awolowo from prison. At least they should secure their main man first if that was their plan, or don't you think so?

-In October 1965 (2 month before Jan coup), Azikwe traveled to London on the claim that he was going for a medical treatment of an unknown illness. I have the video with me where he was departing and all the federal minister and Sir Balewa were at the airport to bid him goodbye. The video source is Reuters 1965.

- Before Azikwe left, he handed over to Senate President Nwafor Orizu as acting president. After Jan 1966 coup where other tribe leaders were murdered, Orizu after briefing zik on phone announced in a broadcast that his cabinet will voluntarily transfer power to the armed forces. Then he invited Ironsi to take over government.
The first image is the copy of the gazette where he invited Ironsi.

-Major General Aguiyi-Ironsi then made his own broadcast, accepting the "invitation". The gazette is also attached.

-After the coup. Azikwe flew back from Britain to the country in Feb 25, 1966 after his "Said" Illness has been treated. At this time, his other colleagues were already murdered and Ironsi is already Head of State. A coincidence that he came back just 7-8 weeks after the coup? I also have the video evidence with me.

- The Igbos made sure they are in position to get power irrespective of the coup outcome. If it succeeded, Ironsi take over, If it partially succeeded, Orizu take over in interim until Azikwe arrives. No matter how you spin it, it will still be the Igbos.

Even the Igbos do not deem it fit to release Awo from Prison until Gowon did. I also attach a gazette of Gowon ordering that.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by LegendHero(m): 3:44am On Jul 07, 2020
Uchek:
It should be "even the Igbo military coup plotters - not even the Igbos do not seem........."

I intentionally wrote it like that.

However the below is your own statement long ago. You called it a Northern led counter coup. Why can’t I call it the Igbo led one in my own statement too?

Uchek:
Today marks 47 year anniversary of Northern-led bloody counter coup which enthroned Northern domination of Nigeria through the military. But this domination was not cemented until collapse of Biafra - the only southern resistance to the counter-coup.
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 3:56am On Jul 07, 2020
engrchykae:
ojukwus intention was to attack dodan barracks and unseat Gowon.
But the fearful yorubas,what a fearful race

Yet it is your leaders that run away from fights like cowards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKkC8Yi5UY
Re: BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 07, 2020
engrchykae:
oh you know there was a Yoruba by name banjo.
Why will banjo bring war to yorubas?
He was simply heading to dodan barracks.
After the north used the western region,they smartly moved the capital to abuja, North.
You guys think you are wise.
The north have always been the problem yet the Yoruba prefer to see Igbo as problem.
When the East left,the Yoruba would have negotiated a better Nigeria before supporting the north,but not the yorubas, just make awolowo a finance minister,he will be on your side,a man who wanted to be a prime minister.
What a tribe

Just make Azikiwe a useless ceremonial president and watch him sell his entire family for 1 naira, yeye evil tribe, bunch of stone eaters....aje okuta ma momi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amnesty International Condemns Suspension Of Vision FM ‘Idon Mikiya’ Programme / One Year After 2011 Election: Here Are President Jonathan's Achievements? / Insecurity: Northern Governors Call Emergency Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.