Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North (26674 Views)

2023 Presidency: Mass Defection Looms In South East PDP / South East PDP Governors Re-consider The Buhari Option / PDP Rejects Ekiti Election Process, Says Results Were Concocted By APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Yebosola(m): 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
favour32:

North East and South East na relation because East dey both grin

U no go kill person oh grin grin grin
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by HAJJIMUKHTAR: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
post=91497154:
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now after election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. We heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

We really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

We have learnt not to bother ourself anymore to avoid unnecessary arguements with nonentities
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it..

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

J.I

Only a sensible person like you can ever see sense in this.
Glad to see we still have intelligent people with a sound mind like you around.
God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.
marvelous write-up! & I Will surely going to keep this for the purpose of reminding some persons the importance of this post.......God bless he who drop this here today!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by favour32(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
Yebosola:

U no go kill person oh grin grin grin
Na so na dem be brothers grin.
Any of them fit be President e nor mean.
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Akolawole(m): 2:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
kalvoken:

But all these are in my dreams, northerners will never allow South to mount that seat. They have built that disunity in Southern regions so they can cling to power perpetually.

It isn't North that caused disunity. The issue is knowing the right time to stop eating 'Jollof rice'

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Yebosola(m): 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2020
ODI444:

Some of are simply senile. How can a zone that had one APC governor before 2015 and still have APC governor now be said to hate APC? The zone even have the Chief Whip of the senate. How are you guys this deluded?

U are the deluded one here,which Gov? The one u termed Supreme Court Gov, bunch of jokers, stop been economical with the truth, u will not vote APC, it will b sucidal for APC to field an SE, it help PDP by default

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by olajizz01(m): 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2020
Seventy7kings:
cheesy
does that mean that Atiku wont cum?
We have been expecting him to cum,he was yet to cum since.
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Lot13(m): 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:
Very strong reply from the South East PDP.

It's game on!!! 2023 is make or mar.

I've been saying this for ages. Deny the eastern political class 2023 and watch a rebirth of Igbo nationalism.

Igbo presidency is their baby, the ordinary Igbo man on the streets want his Biafra.

It will be hotter than hot.
as usual.
Awon eyan Godzilla.
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
bigfish3k:

In 1999 the two major parties fielded two yorubas - Obasanjo and falae

In 2007 two north west fulanis
Buhari and yar adua

Please don't resort to your usual - the SW is owing you nothing whenever we answer your questions correctly

Then field PDP and Apga with two igbos...

Yorubas have no issues

We will only field one Yoruba with APC.. Shikena
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

2023 should be the turn of South East, but since something is not alright, we will be behind anyone from the north, we have to redeem our image.

2023 elections is going to be a do or die affair, should incase south east did not contest for Presidential election, we south east will do everything possible to redeem a northern Presidential candidate

South west does not exist as far as 2023 election is concerned, they will not see any vote from South east and south south, as I said earlier, there's image to redeem, all the insults south east and south south have received from South West would be settled during 2023 elections, a lesson needs be taught.

We will rather vote and support a Goat or a Cow from the North than to support anyone from South West, since they don't want to support us, we will never support them, this is South East Youth Wing decision, remember we are in Democracy, Government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Someone Must Receive Sense Come 2023

Courtesy: Igbo Spokesperson

Igbo spokesmen from 2x2 shop in oshodi

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Amotolongbo(f): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
OreMI22:
[s]

How polarized and tribalized Nigeria has become today, it is in the best interest of Igbo for the Presidency to go to a moderate northerner from the northeast zone in 2023. Since democracy is a game of numbers, you strategize the best way to win and not always plan to lose woefully.

All this talk by Yoruba to massage Igbo ego on how it has been PDP for 2,000 years, Igbo is the only one without a President and other total nonsense blah blah blah are designed by Tinubu to make the 2023 contest a Yoruba versus Igbo election. So they can rig it mercilessly.

Only naive people like Tinubu will be hoping on APC and PDP giving its tickets to a southerner.
[/s]Thrash bin content
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2020
ikenna44:
Who are those goats reject zoning to the north? Respect yourselves oo... This country is for the north and the north alone to rule!

Let them fight for their right oo grin
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
dboss12:
we the South South would make sure that ibos got nothing in this country,

politics is a dirty game they say, the thing I shall hate till end of my life, it makes street boys to be the rulers, slaves and servants to rule their masters, because they can muster the majority,

when politics came to Nigeria first, our country was made three regions, our section was the eastern region and lbos were counted in majority,

In the first elected eastern house in 1951, professor Eya lta became the first government leader,
his government was toppled by lbo people because it was not led by an lboman.

Igbochief001 dedetwo shud see this
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
dboss12:
we the South South would make sure that ibos got nothing in this country,

politics is a dirty game they say, the thing I shall hate till end of my life, it makes street boys to be the rulers, slaves and servants to rule their masters, because they can muster the majority,

when politics came to Nigeria first, our country was made three regions, our section was the eastern region and lbos were counted in majority,

In the first elected eastern house in 1951, professor Eya lta became the first government leader,
his government was toppled by lbo people because it was not led by an lboman.

Igbochief001 dedetwo shud see this gringringrin
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
OreMI22:
[s][/s]

How polarized and tribalized Nigeria has become today, it is in the best interest of Igbo for the Presidency to go to a moderate northerner from the northeast zone in 2023. Since democracy is a game of numbers, you strategize the best way to win and not always plan to lose woefully.

All this talk by Yoruba to massage Igbo ego on how it has been PDP for 2,000 years, Igbo is the only one without a President and other total nonsense blah blah blah are designed by Tinubu to make the 2023 contest a Yoruba versus Igbo election. So they can rig it mercilessly.

Only naive people like Tinubu will be hoping on APC and PDP giving its tickets to a southerner.

For Yoruba to win elections against igbos, bro they don't need rigging..

Fair and square, they will defeat igbos by far..

North Central, west and east cannot see yoruba man and vote for Igbo...

You know it too well

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Blackking98(m): 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
Dansuqi:

Your right sha just that ss are more open to APC than east
Accurate
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by bigfish3k: 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2020
igbobywedding:

Then field PDP and Apga with two igbos...

Yorubas have no issues

We will only field one Yoruba with APC.. Shikena
I am talking about the two major leading parties
Most country have two major ruling parties.
ie America :democrats and Republicans
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2020
bigfish3k:
I am talking about the two major leading parties Most country have two major ruling parties. ie America :democrats and Republicans

Bros... Pdp igbo

APC yoruba

Finish
Shebi u r majority tribe, try ur popularity among Nigerians na

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by MrMou: 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
Charmingrascal:
No party will risk giving its Presidential ticket to the South East.

It's a big risk that can end the relevance of a political party. That's the bitter truth
100% bro

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by ikenna44: 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
Death will fall on any igbo person that runs for presidency!
You see Fulani people... We go vote them till time end!
The same fate that befell awolowo and mko will befall tinubu... Just dey watch!

Ndi nzuzu!

johnmartus:
Wishful thinking. APC ticket is coming to southwest.
PDP can go to southeast whatever.
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by ikenna44: 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2020
Igbo no dey contest bro... You have bigger problems... Leave igbos alone!

igbobywedding:

For Yoruba to win elections against igbos, bro they don't need rigging..

Fair and square, they will defeat igbos by far..

North Central, west and east cannot see yoruba man and vote for Igbo...

You know it too well
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by cjrane: 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2020
OreMI22:
[s][/s]

Thank you for this post!

The knockout punch of the PDP by the choice to zone the Presidency at this time to the Northeast is the winning formula that has totally defeated Tinubu, and his crazy calculations! Of course an Igboman deserves to be President, but for 2023, the priority is for the PDP to gain power. Fielding an Igboman for 2023 when all apparatus of power is still with APC is simply foolish and the PDP will fail to regain power.

They already feel like dying since the announcement became official.

The next trick by Yoruba APC now is to whip up the sentiment that igbo should have the shot because they have been in PDP. Funny enough, any Igbo man with the lowest IQ already knows that yoruba APC agitating for PDP to give Igbo their ticket is simply because the PDP decision has totally wrecked all their calculations. grin grin grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by jaggabban: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2020
Charmingrascal:
No party will risk giving its Presidential ticket to the South East.

It's a big risk that can end the relevance of a political party. That's the bitter truth
It's not a risk but a disaster or a loss
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Osaze007: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2020
TechSkill:
I am igbo myself but if PDP wants to win come 2023, they should give it to Atiku... it is strategic to do that for their own long term benefit. APC can give theirs to Tinubu.

It may sound stupid but it is the logical thing to do at the moment...

So your a slave

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Osaze007: 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Ibo already said they want North to continue ruling. So this zoning is a response to their prayer to keep North in rulership.

Loool
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by bigfish3k: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
igbobywedding:

Bros... Pdp igbo

APC yoruba

Finish

Shebi u r majority tribe, try ur popularity among Nigerians na
If you people will allow free and fair elections.
We don't care. It's then you will know our true population.
Not this kind of MC oluomo brand of elections

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
bigfish3k:
If you people will allow free and fair elections. We don't care. It's then you will know our true population. Not this kind of MC oluomo brand of elections
But ur tribe is hiding under a fulani man. Atiku

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
bigfish3k:
If you people will allow free and fair elections. We don't care. It's then you will know our true population. Not this kind of MC oluomo brand of elections
But ur tribe is hiding under a fulani man. Atiku gringrin

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by 7lives: 8:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
writeprof:
Suswan has only 'leaked' a 'secret.' The North has no intention of getting out of Aso Rock soon. APC, though fragmenting, has Tinubu, Aregbesola, ElRufai, Osinbajo et al eyeing Aso Rock but it will zone President to the South (west) and dissatisfied northern candidates will move to the PDP who would have zoned the slot to the North with option for Eastern VP to play the South East against the South west. In all of these, the South East is the loser for not having a UNITED FRONT.

" Igbo no dey get King " mantra is what has made nonsense of their political aspirations.
Everyone wants to lead so who will follow?.
In a diabolical set up like Nigeria you need a leader, infact an intelligent and ruthless gladiator.
Until they gather themselves under one strong leadership, sorry will continue to be their case.

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by Osaze007: 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

South west alone cannot make anyone president either. South South will rather vote an ibo man than vote a yoruba person after the betrayal of 2015 so in the south that's already a loss.

Looool @ betrayal
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by 7lives: 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
johnmartus:
Wishful thinking. APC ticket is coming to southwest.
PDP can go to southeast whatever.

Where man dey work, na there e dey chop.
That is why dem call am, WORK CHOP
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by bigfish3k: 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2020
igbobywedding:

But ur tribe is hiding under a fulani man. Atiku gringrin
That is the reality of nigeria

That is the way Yoruba and hausas have designed nigeria to be
You people have designed nigeria to be a failed country that can never rise. We cannot be fighting for the good of nigeria forever while the hausas and yorubas are against us.
We have now agreed with you people just like you did in 2015 to be voting the people that will be destroying the country
Let's destroy it together because if you can't win them you join them
Re: 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North by leaculpa: 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
GuyWise101:
Igbos are only demanding that PDP and Apc should zone their candidate in SE alone as it was done to Yorubas and North when it was their turn.

dolphinife:

Didn't Rocha's contested against Buhari for two different occasions?
Even Orji uzor Kalu contested for presidency against buhari, yaradua, atiku in 2007. He was in PPA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Bosso Town Of Niger/Nigerian Border Buried(pics) / Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least / FG Restricts Foreign Trips To Two Per Quarter For Officials, Cancels Estacode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.