Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,410 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate (1472 Views)

Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Beaf: 8:44am On Feb 03, 2011
[size=14pt]Buhari not a serious candidate, says ACN[/size] .
Thursday, 03 February 2011 00:05 Nigerian Compass   

DAYS after the alliance talks between the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) collapsed,  the rivalry between the two parties deepened yesterday.

The ACN described the CPC presidential flagbearer for the April 9 election, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) as an unserious candidate.

It said if not for Buhari’s unyielding nature, despite the compelling need to consider the overriding national interest, the alliance would have defeated the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan.

ACN accused Buhari of not demonstrating “sufficient seriousness and political will to forge a workable electoral cooperation” and has thus called off any alliance between it and the CPC.
In a letter written by the party’s National Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, and addressed to his  CPC counterpart, Prince Tony Momoh, the ACN gave other reasons for calling off the alliance to include the fact that “it (ACN) no longer considers a merger feasible.”

Akande explained in the letter that his party, which preferred a merger, commenced discussions with Buhari in 2005.

“As proof of our willingness and sincerity, we even decided to adopt his party’s name and logo. This was when he was in ANPP. This dream never materialised,” the party chairman stated.

He also explained that it was Buhari and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who pulled out of the National Democratic Movement, formed by opposition groups and parties at the time the ACN “pursued it with enthusiasm, dedication and great hope.”

According to the ACN, even after the collapse of the NDM, it still pursued a relationship with Buhari and his party and that the CPC always preferred an alliance to a merger which, according to Akande, “has never been an attractive option and its workability is undoubtedly problematic because of the low level of literacy of the majority of our voters, among others.”

The ACN chairman also explained that his party was glad with the turnout of the talks because it’s presidential candidate “Malam Nuhu Ribadu is very much in the image of General Buhari.”

Akande, therefore, called for both parties to continue to work together “even after the general elections.”

Speaking in the same vein, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said although he does not owe the PDP any explanation on the failed alliance with the CPC, he would explain reasons for the failure to Nigerians.

He said the main reason the alliance failed was the recalcitrance and unbending attitude of the CPC, led by  Buhari.

‘’For purely patriotic reasons and in the national interest, we made a lot of concessions to make the alliance work, but the CPC simply stuck to a take-it-or-leave-it attitude, behaving all through the talks as if it was the senior partner in the alliance.

‘’We invited Buhari to run for the presidency on the platform of our party. That means we were willing to even sacrifice our own candidate for the good of all.  But the CPC insisted that not only must the alliance field Buhari, he must run on the platform of the CPC.

‘’We thought this demand was quite unreasonable, considering the pedigree of the ACN. Yes, CPC may be a popular party but it is largely untested. On the other hand, ACN is not only popular but it is well tested. We have four governors, many Senators and House of Representatives members, huge number in Houses of Assembly and many council chairmen.

‘’Going into April’s election, we have a Plus 3 Advantage, in that three of our governors will not contest and two will remain in office till 2014!
‘’But the people in the CPC want us to not only concede the presidency, but also to lose our identity, when they bring little to the table. Of course, we rejected that demand, which will be akin to committing political suicide. It was difficult enough having to explain to our members why we are offering to sacrifice our own presidential candidate for Buhari.

‘’To even assure Buhari, who is apparently smarting from the backstabbing he suffered from his former party, ANPP, we said if and when he wins the presidency, we can go to congress and change the name, logo and other identities of the ACN to reflect the new reality brought forth by the alliance. Again the CPC refused. We were left wondering whether indeed the people in the CPC believe in their candidate and want him to become President.

‘’Well, we can tell Nigerians that we have made the biggest sacrifice by offering to bring Buhari on board at the expense of our own candidate - just to save Nigeria from the stranglehold of the PDP. The offer we made to him is a great risk. After all, he can ride on our back to become president and then defect to another party or jettison the alliance. Didn’t the governors of Zamfara, Bauchi, Abia and Imo defect to the PDP? Didn’t a sitting VP decamp to our party?

‘’We leave it to Nigerians to judge which of the parties in the alliance remained unyielding to the end, despite the compelling need to consider the overriding national interest. But we will like to assure our teeming supporters nationwide and indeed all Nigerians that our party, going it alone, will ensure that the PDP does not steal the votes of Nigerians to secure another fluke presidential mandate. The clueless party is beatable, and we will send it packing!’’ ACN said.

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74472:-buhari-not-a-serious-candidate-says-acn&catid=43:news&Itemid=799
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Beaf: 8:46am On Feb 03, 2011
. . .Yet they were willing to partner with him just days ago? shocked

GEJ, carry go! April is yours!
[size=14pt]Fresh Air 2011![/size]
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 03, 2011
Isn't ACN the party that has started forcing candidates upon voters just like the PDP?
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Jeel: 9:47am On Feb 03, 2011
God is at work, no parking
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by johndoe200: 10:09am On Feb 03, 2011
Jeel:

God is at work, no parking

I could not agree with you more:

[size=14pt]FRESH AIR 2011[/size]
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by blacksta(m): 10:22am On Feb 03, 2011
johndoe200:

I could not agree with you more:

grin grin grin grin

bEAF logs out - Johndoe enters -

where is Nsiman and beaf Crossdressing (Ma J blige)

quite assuming - sycophants money must be good

abeg i go fit collect my own share -

I LOVE FRESH AIR TOO
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Afam4eva(m): 10:37am On Feb 03, 2011
blacksta:

grin grin grin grin

I no fit laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by johndoe200: 10:51am On Feb 03, 2011
blacksta:

grin grin grin grin

where is Nsiman and beaf Crossdressing (Ma J blige)

quite assuming - sycophants money must be good

abeg i go fit collect my own share -

I LOVE FRESH AIR TOO

The problem with you is that you are an intellectual pygmy. What gives you the right to call me a sycophant?

I understand your problem, just that there is no cure. The truth is out:

Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Mobinga: 11:13am On Feb 03, 2011
shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by jookco(m): 11:23am On Feb 03, 2011
That Buhari will forever remain a tyrant , that guys lack simple understanding that he is no body, the tiny Housa Jihad community can not make him a president he is just confident to fail.
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by blacksta(m): 11:29am On Feb 03, 2011
johndoe200:

The problem with you is that you are an intellectual pygmy. What gives you the right to call me a sycophant?

Lol -

Haba Mr Beaf - Populated Air 2011 enter your brain.

It is now 3 months to election yet we dont have any Poverty development Party Manifesto.

abi GEJ go revert to continuity of the 7 point vision less agenda.
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Genbuhari3: 11:33am On Feb 03, 2011
can someone tell me the last time BEAF, JOHNDOE, AND THE PRO-JONATHAN GUYS post a topic on their clueless President?
Leave Buhari alone na and face una matter.
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Beaf: 11:43am On Feb 03, 2011
johndoe200:

Chei! Odun mi gidigidi gan!
The quote above is endorsed by Beaf. cool
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by hakanai(m): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2011
It doesn't matter atleast he did not plunder the country like PDP and GEJ are doing?Also the chance of you getting bombed,kidnapped or lynched was not heard of.
The law abiding citizens moved freely with nothing to worry about.The criminals are scared and the cabal made sure nothing went wrong.No butt leaking and no dick sucking either. grin
The progressive shall emerge victorious this time.PDP time has come to an end.The enemies of true change can not elude people any longer.12 years of waste under PDP and who ever that sucks from them.
What good is PDP and what manner of people are in PDP?what did they do with our 12 years and all the nation made in 12 years.Share the money and bribe the few goons to keep mute. angry
Not again !!!!!!! fresh air my foot.I smell the stench of blood,looting and criminality anytime i hear PDPPPPPP !!!!! and PDP members/lovers pass !!!! grin
CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE and not pdp!!!!! or GEJ!!!!
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by blacksta(m): 11:50am On Feb 03, 2011
Beaf:

Chei! Odun mi gidigidi gan!
The quote above is endorsed by Beaf. cool

As expected  -  All for one  -  taking residence in btw GEJ BUM CHICKS must sweet  000 - Fresh air 2011 indeed.

Johndoe bow out s

Beaf logs in  -

at this rate of insanity and lack of  integrity you going to need more than 5 computers to maintain this madness
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by hakanai(m): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2011
It's always image attack galore for Beaf and co! you must be with us or you remain the enemy!Before now you hardly attacked Buhari or other contenders!why  now ? Because your almighty GEj is under attack abi? you guys must be earning illegally alot from this Government.it won't be long true change will come.Not managed lies and paid disinformation grin by 12 years of bad leadership!!!!
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by johndoe200: 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2011
Bakare's mother gave birth to him when she was 55.

These people think we are stupid, no they think we are the gullible members of a born again church. How can a failed LGA chairman candidate now want to be VP?
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Nsiman(m): 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ blacksta, u are just frustrated. @ topic, Ordinarily acn shld be the name of the party btwen cpc and acn alliance because acn is already gaining momentum with states been control by her. Just that buhari is , Oga gej carry on!
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Nsiman(m): 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ blacksta, u are just frustrated. @ topic, Ordinarily acn shld be the name of the party btwen cpc and acn alliance because acn is already gaining momentum with states been control by her. Just that buhari is , Oga gej carry on!
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by blacksta(m): 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2011
Nsiman:

In another thread where logical minds were discussing valid facts and not propaganda about the ineptitude of GEJ AND Poverty development Party.

Beaf Logged In and left a comment " An assembly of Losers"

tell me the one that is frustrated - simply because Nobody x paying attention to the GEJ propaganda.
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by ladi02(m): 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2011
Beaf:

. . .Yet they were willing to partner with him just days ago? shocked

GEJ, carry go! April is yours!

Why are you doing April Fool! for NLanders early

Fresh Air that you didnt breathe in 9months of GEJ administration, why going round and round my friend!
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by agenta999(f): 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2011
BEAF AND JOHNDOE200 CAN YOU LOG IN THE SAME TIME IF YOU ARE NOT ONE PERSON.
LOL, MULTIPLE IDENTITY SYDROME
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Beaf: 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2011
blacksta:

In another thread where logical minds were discussing valid facts and not propaganda about the ineptitude of GEJ AND Poverty development Party.

Beaf Logged In and left a comment "An assembly of Losers"

tell me the one that is frustrated - simply because Nobody x paying attention to the GEJ propaganda.

Dude, I walked into a room and saw a group of full grown men banging their heads hysterically and screaming things toddlers would be ashamed on. So, my broda, I very correctly hissed, spat and labelled the crowd an "assembly of losers." What did I do wrong? grin

@topic
Its quite clear that all other parties and their candidates are in it for themselves. Their stone-headed selfishness is exposing their candidacies as fraudulent and against the interest of Nigeria. How else could it be explained that two parties that were at the point of putting final ink to paper for a merger just last week, are today accusing one another of having unserious candidates. Pretty strong stuff!
Any sensible observer has to ask just what these losers were about to gang up and unleash on the country. There is a saying that God guards the tailless cow; the enemies of Nigeria's progress will continue to be confounded, paralysed and mentally scrambled and discombobulated.

Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by monkeyleg: 12:39pm On Feb 03, 2011
@Beaf,

Political Pygmy? you come out with the most funny of quotes. I must give that to you.

By the way, how do you enjoy wearing woman skirt?

I keep telling you, that I hope Johnny is paying you well oh? it ends in about 3months
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by seanet03: 12:39pm On Feb 03, 2011
Typical beaf, always going after anybody that criticizes Goodluck even when Goodluck can not explain what is happening in jos. Pathetic beaf
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by tpiah2: 12:43pm On Feb 03, 2011
Beaf:

Dude, I walked into a room and saw a group of full grown men banging their heads hysterically and screaming things toddlers would be ashamed on. So, my broda, I very correctly hissed, spat and labelled the crowd an "assembly of losers." What did I do wrong? grin

@topic
Its quite clear that all other parties and their candidates are in it for themselves. Their stone-headed selfishness is exposing their candidacies as fraudulent and against the interest of Nigeria. How else could it be explained that two parties that were at the point of putting final ink to paper for a merger just last week, are today accusing one another of having unserious candidates. Pretty strong stuff!
Any sensible observer has to ask just what these losers were about to gang up and unleash on the country. There is a saying that God guards the tailless cow; the enemies of Nigeria's progress will continue to be confounded, paralysed and mentally scrambled and discombobulated.

iwo yi o tie loju ti ni?

stop this doglike barking all over nl!!!
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by blacksta(m): 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

Political Pygmy? you come out with the most funny of quotes. I must give that to you.

By the way, how do you enjoy wearing woman skirt?

I keep telling you, that I hope Johnny is paying you well oh? it ends in about 3months

Lol

Alymeshia once dressed up as a woman to escape from the  British authorities  - I am sure Beaf gets his inspiration from that event   grin

F
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Nsiman(m): 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ seanet03, so gej shld knw what is in ur pot of soup because he is a president from the s.south? Think think dnt be cold blooded
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2011
I have no doubt that Buhari would make a good commander of a battalion, but a good President?
Honestly, I have my doubts. This issue with ACN is a tip in the ice bag of the man's make up and idealogy. He is an "Eze Onye agwala m" - A King that takes no advice from anybody.

I think he is politically naive, and that explains the reason IBB and his evil companions succeeded in removing him in a bloodless coup.

Which reminds me, is Buhari now a democrat? How come he and his evil disciples used the gun they were given to protect the integrity of this nation, to turn against our democratic institutions and trampled under the foot the laws of the land? Is it because no body has asked them for an explanation?

Perhaps, if he did not lead those men to eat the forbidden fruit, the likes of IBB and Abacha would never have had the opportunity to traumatise Nigeria.

Buhari cannot be trusted with our democracy. Sharia apart, the man is too arrongant for a President.
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 03, 2011
[size=18pt]Buhari is only anti - corruption leader our country has ever had[/size]
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by ahidjo: 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2011
[size=18pt]Only Criminals and criminal minded souls are against Buhari and Bakare. Evil will never triumph over good. Not this time!!![/size]
Re: ACN: Buhari Not A Serious Candidate by Nsiman(m): 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2011
My bros, where do buhari's get funds for campaign this four times, ain't he criminal as well

(1) (2) (Reply)

Witches Deploy 500 Members To Abuja For Jonathan’s Inauguration / Ismaila Isah:north Not Afraid Of Sovereign Conference / Imo Group To Go Unclad If Ohakim Is Not Probed In 21 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.