Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister (24704 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job / Protesters Block Zainab Ahmed From Office As Finance Minister (Photo) / Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by GodSaklek(m): 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
Very corrupt useless woman

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Lymasaba(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
One0Random0Girl:
This is a really good and strong woman. I wish to be like her soon.
Soon! please
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Damntruth(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Priorities like
Lloz una bad gan
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by suremanpatriot: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
official thief
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by ERockson: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
Where is the money
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by farem: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
When? Was it when, for the first time in our history, you borrowed from abroad to pay civil service salary?

Where? Was it the ones pdp politicians and public servants stacked in septic tanks across Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by DEROXMAN: 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
grin yes we know how diezani and patience Jona also saved it liar

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Nigeria's economy was the best in the whole of Africa under GEJ

Even zombies know that bro but the spirit that follows zombie won't let them say it.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by chatinent: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
It's the truth; she 'saved' them in her personal wallet.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Priorities like
Are you aware countries borrow money for one thing or the other? When they borrow, they pay back. This woman remains one of the best Africa should be proud of. I respected her dogged spirit as minister during obj and GEJ admins. Thanks to her efforts in the debt forgiveness. TSA and other tools used by this government were her ideas which jonathan govt didn't allow her utilise fully.

The huge debts forgiven had returned on our profile as a nation. I remember when Amaechi threatened this woman, should she keep refusing to allow the then governors' forum (of which amaechi was chairman), share the huge money in the excess crude account. She later succumbed to his wish as she was afraid for her life but stayed clean all through. Those at the helms in Nigeria are terrible shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by RuddyFusion(m): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
SmartProf:
'Eweleke'! Let me sound like Emu in 'the Johnsons'...It's like there was a snake that swallowed those billions of dollars that we didn't hear about o. Even buhari is not aware Ma shocked. Pure lies...you can tell us that u made billions of dollars but u ended up not saving it, except u saved it with the former NSA Dasuki.

Do you have anything else to say other than this Dasuki narratives?

Did she make government spendings , budgets and procurement under her watch open and transparent..YES

Did she save billions during OBJ and GEJ Govs YES...

Are they evidence to back her claims YES

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Lovelyn451(f): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
u don't need to tell us, we all can testify to the economic boom in your administration until the unproductive parasites from the north that their only goal in life is to get married to 4 wives, buy them the most expensive gold, ride the most expensive cars nd travel to Dubai took over. They've squandered your savings and are now chasing after southerners and seizing their investments....
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by RuddyFusion(m): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
Topsy250:
Lies

Do you have evidence that can punctuate her claims ?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by RuddyFusion(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Priorities like

So government don't borrow because of their savings ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by RuddyFusion(m): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
Weedsmoker:
angry

Iweala very overrated somebody who could not even transform the Nigerian economy upon all her Harvard and Mit degrees.

Tho she's still far better than the likes of that result forger kemi Adeosun and the current empty skull of a finance minister we have presently.

How do you mean that she's overrated and couldn't transform our economy?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Tsolutionifede(m): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
One0Random0Girl:
This is a really good and strong woman. I wish to be like her soon.
amen, I pray challenges in your journey of life will not later change u to olosho
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by muykem: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Why is your personal life so disarray that time?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
This woman can lie..The same woman that borrowed money to pay salaries and recurrent expenditures during oil boom.

Corruption was so endemic that Boko Haram took over Abuja with bombing and Security funds were being siphoned to PDP Tax Collectors cronies under your watch as Finance Minister

7 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by SmartPolician: 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Priorities like

Jonathan was a very corrupt weakling; I blame him for all this

However, Okonjo-Iwella shares a part of the blame for not quitting a very corrupt government

When people are killing themselves over how Jonathan lost in 2015, I just laugh because Jonathan was a big disgrace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by salford1: 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
When oil was selling for over $100 a barrel, what do you expect.

Dasuki Kuku did free give away anyways of some of the money during GEJ re-election bid.

I am impressed at the comments on this thread. Nigerians no longer forget.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by hybridblood07(m): 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
Bro, it's nor by International degrees. They have all failed to do the right thing and corruption is the most important issue we have till date.
Weedsmoker:
angry

Iweala very overrated somebody who could not even transform the Nigerian economy upon all her Harvard and Mit degrees.

Tho she's still far better than the likes of that result forger kemi Adeosun and the current empty skull of a finance minister we have presently.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by RTSC: 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
Well, she created the sovereign wealth fund that has been depleted by buhari.
I still remember the governors and Senate suing her for the SWF.
She created BVN, IPPIS, possibly even Amcon.
She is a G. O. A. T to be honest.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by ITbomb(m): 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
tesppidd:
But you told us in 2014 that we were in dire straits and we should prepare to start borrowing to pay salaries.
So are we not borrowing to pay salaries today?

When she made the statement, instead of politicians to sit up, they were busy with power grabbing and people like you were hailing them

The monies she saved in excess crude and SWF have been looted by Buhari government
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by PIMPAR: 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
You are damn right my niggga. Even though we needed to borrow to pay salary at the peak of oil revenue in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by DWJOBScom(m): 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
tesppidd:
I think i know what the other purposes were!

For instance;

Diezanni used 40 million dollars to buy jewelry and her sons were seen in their private jet flaunting loads of cash.

Lest we forget.

That Magu couldn't provide such evidence to British government to aid her trail both in Nigeria and Britain.

Say no unfounded stories

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
RTSC:
Well, she created the sovereign wealth fund that has been depleted by buhari.

I still remember the governors and Senate suing her for the SWF.

She created BVN, IPPIS, possibly even Amcon.

She is a G. O. A. T to be honest.
But she refused to implement them

https://www.thecable.ng/nigerias-current-sitaution-result-zero-political-will-save-jonthan-says-okonjo-iweala/amp

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Miracle1991: 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
Lier. This woman will never make heaven. You save money but when you left office in 2015,nothing was left in our foreign reserve. The 49 billion dolers left by yaradua was no where to be found when that buffoon left office in 2015.
This woman was a disaster.

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by 2cribz: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2020
She meant.
I stole billions of dollars as finance minister

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by ajl: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
tesppidd:
But you told us in 2014 that we were in dire straits and we should prepare to start borrowing to pay salaries.

Most of her achievements was during Obasanjo years. Because Obasanjo has strong personality, he put governors in check. But under Jonathan, because he was weak, many of the governors were demanding that oil proceeds funds saved for rainy days should be distributed because they observed the amounts in the account kept dropping. The main culprits were Oshiomole and Amaechi. Many of these news are still on the internet. That's how the money was shared. Jonathan political weakness cost Nigeria a lot. But there is no difference now. Though there was more to steal under Jonathan because oil price was higher.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/amaechi-govs-asked-jonathan-to-share-oil-savings-because-he-was-mismanaging-it/amp

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Chris6music: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
[quote author=juliusijidola post=91672291]

Empty Creates?? [/quotep]lol..with eggs ni
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by ajl: 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
Miracle1991:
Lier. This woman will never make heaven. You save money but when you left office in 2015,nothing was left in our foreign reserve. The 49 billion dolers left by yaradua was no where to be found when that buffoon left office in 2015.
This woman was a disaster.

Blame the governors and weak Jonathan. Why are Nigerians so forgetful with no sense of history. Here is one of those news. They didn't allow the madam rest.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/amaechi-govs-asked-jonathan-to-share-oil-savings-because-he-was-mismanaging-it/amp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sowore Dares Garba Shehu To Release Tape Of Funtua’s Visit / The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face / Samuel Mariere Takes Farming As Hobby & As A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.