Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister (24706 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job / Protesters Block Zainab Ahmed From Office As Finance Minister (Photo) / Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by tesppidd: 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
ITbomb:

So are we not borrowing to pay salaries today?

When she made the statement, instead of politicians to sit up, they were busy with power grabbing and people like you were hailing them

The monies she saved in excess crude and SWF have been looted by Buhari government
Not long after she made that statement the Niger Delta Avengers came back and almost bombed us back to stone age.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Miracle1991: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2020
Useless lier. Why were we borrowing to pay salaries. For good 6 years gej did not save one kobo,instead he continue to deplete the money yaradua saved in our foreign reserve, upon say fuel was sold at 100 dolers per barrel.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Bighead9: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
Lies.

This imcompetent woman plunge Nigeria into recession in 2014.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by oyewale0001(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
One0Random0Girl:
This is a really good and strong woman. I wish to be like her soon.

Wish to be yourself young lady.

All that glitters are not gold.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

My 2cent.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Mayng01(m): 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
You mean you looted billions of dollars ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Standing5(m): 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
Under OBJ or GEJ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by RTSC: 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
myboy2111:

But she refused to implement them

https://www.thecable.ng/nigerias-current-sitaution-result-zero-political-will-save-jonthan-says-okonjo-iweala/amp
She is an employee.

She serves at the pleasure of the president.

If she creates a policy and her boss overrules it, nothing can be done.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Standing5(m): 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
SmartProf:
'Eweleke'! Let me sound like Emu in 'the Johnsons'...It's like there was a snake that swallowed those billions of dollars that we didn't hear about o. Even buhari is not aware Ma shocked. Pure lies...you can tell us that u made billions of dollars but u ended up not saving it, except u saved it with the former NSA Dasuki.
Under OBJ or GEJ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
RTSC:

She is an employee.

She serves at the pleasure of the president.

If she creates a policy and her boss overrules it, nothing can be done.
She could have resigned as she did under OBJ when she was redeployed to Foreign Affairs

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by RTSC: 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2020
myboy2111:

She could have resigned as she did under OBJ when she was redeployed to Foreign Affairs
Well she was not redeployed and she still had control.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by lagosrd: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/corruption-i-saved-billions-of-dollars-as-finance-minister-says-okonjo-iweala/

Don't worry yourself . the children of hate and anger will come up here to refute you when exactly it was their fashola, ameachi, and oshiomole that sued the FG on the souvergn wealth fund.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by pacco6ixty9(m): 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
God! please let the hell for nigerians be different.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by luluosas(m): 4:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
Don't mind her
SmartProf:
'Eweleke'! Let me sound like Emu in 'the Johnsons'...It's like there was a snake that swallowed those billions of dollars that we didn't hear about o. Even buhari is not aware Ma shocked. Pure lies...you can tell us that u made billions of dollars but u ended up not saving it, except u saved it with the former NSA Dasuki.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by authority2006(m): 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
ukukaegbu:
I know that some people who have not achieved anything in life will come to insult her

Because in your mind, you knew that she lied. She's a liar! Internet doesn't forget

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by authority2006(m): 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
lagosrd:

Don't worry yourself . the children of hate and anger will come up here to refute you when exactly it was their fashola, ameachi, and oshiomole that sued the FG on the souvergn wealth fund.

Looks like you're suffering from amnesia. Those governors took FG to court when they realised that FG was constantly and consistently unilaterally withdrawing fund from the sovereign wealth account. That includes Excess Crude Oil Account too. Half truth is a sin

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Nigeria's economy was the best in the whole of Africa under GEJ

Under Obasanjo, it was the fastest growing economy in the whole world. 2003 to 2004. GDP growth of 34%.

Nigerians keep voting illiterates.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by FLOTAN(m): 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
Well done Madam NOI. Savings should be channeled into Investment which further creates other investments and greater multiplier effects across the economy.

***Do you have some Savings? Don’t waste it! Invest in Real Estate and watch your real estate investment appreciate over time. Our promo kicks off today with fantastic 20% discount on limited plots of land. What are you waiting for?

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by authority2006(m): 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Nigeria's economy was the best in the whole of Africa under GEJ

Yes, when oil was selling above 100 dollars per barrel. Lol. What happened to the Economy when the price of crude oil started falling under Jonathan? In case you have forgotten, he started borrowing to pay salaries.

Buhari came in, all what he did was to plug loopholes by implementing TSA and everything fell in place despite below 40 dollars per barrel of crude oil

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by plaindealer: 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2020
She said while serving with the President Olusegun Obasanjo and President Goodluck Jonathan’s administrations, she worked hard to open up information and tackle corruption, saving billions of dollars that were channeled to other priorities.

Must this woman lie all the time?

She saved so much money that she was borrowing hundreds of billions every month to way workers salary.

I guess she also saved the $2.3 Billion she stole and gave to Dasuki to share with Jona and his cronies was part of the billions she saved.

Overrated woman was declaring austerity measure left and right when oil was selling @ very high $77/barrel.

She need to just keep quiet sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Chris6music: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
blakkydikky:
How much is a crate,please?
880 sir
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by phren: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
Topsy250:
Lies

Don’t mind this woman, she thinks we have forgotten she told us they had to borrow money to pay salary. Soludo striped her off with her knowledge of economics.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by tfelicityk(m): 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2020
All this audio money is causing great distraction and depression in this Nation...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by APCNig: 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
By you are borrowing to pay Salaries as at May 2015. You no get shame

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Obakoolex(m): 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ok for your personal account abi grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by blakkydikky(m): 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
Chris6music:
880 sir
Are they that big?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
You saved fire.

I no blame her sha.

You'll see people who have not eaten since morning coming to her defence.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
RuddyFusion:

So government don't borrow because of their savings ?

Which country in the world do you know that borrowed money to PAY SALARIES?

Mention them.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister by ejimatic: 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/corruption-i-saved-billions-of-dollars-as-finance-minister-says-okonjo-iweala/
. Saved where? It was in her tenure they looted our treasury to the last kobo.She however raised alarm at that time which is also contained in the book she wrote about her stewardship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tolulope Arotile: Too Early For Hangar In The Sky / 2023: Why Buhari May Never Support Tinubu, Osinbajo’s Candidacy - Adeyanju / Tinubu/Shettima Campaign Fabric Being Printed For The Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.