Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,779 members, 7,813,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks (63922 Views)

Poll: Will you give your children tribal marks?

Yes: 10% (15 votes)
No: 89% (128 votes)
This poll has ended

Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) / Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by TerraCotta(m): 10:05pm On Jun 28, 2007
laudate:

Um. . . . .I don't quite get you. Why on earth would I deny my ethnic background?? I don't think I have ever spoken about it. I grew up in the South-West, studied the language, can read & write it because it was made a compulsory part of my high school curriculum, etc.

So does that make me a Yoruba person?

Laudate--I was agreeing with you. I didn't see what you would supposedly gain from denying your ethnic background. If you are a Yoruba person, I'm pretty sure you would have just said so. So hopefully, our resident soothsayer will be able to prove her claims. wink
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by laudate: 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2007
TerraCotta:

Laudate--I was agreeing with you. I didn't see what you would supposedly gain from denying your ethnic background. If you are a Yoruba person, I'm pretty sure you would have just said so. So hopefully, our resident soothsayer will be able to prove her claims. wink

Hehehehe. . . .I see what you mean.

Meanwhile, forget our resident soothsayer, babyosisi. wink She will just change the topic, throw in a few insults while she is at it, and resolutely refuse to supply any further answers, when asked. It's her trademark. She learnt it from her squad - the tribalistic cartel.

Anyway, have a fun-filled day! grin
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Freewilly(f): 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2007
Esss:

@ topic

Back in my secondary school days, we had this boy who's face was badly cut up, he had six on each cheek. like this; "(((= =)))" (the = is supposed to be three). so we used to crack jokes that when a child is born, the tribal mark represented his rank.

((( ))) {means sergeant},

= = {corporal}

(((= =))) {means general}

((((== ==)))) {meant you were a field marshal).

there are different ones for lieutenants, majors, e.t.c

My friend was a major, grin

Kids can be so mean cryonly God knows what that poor kid had to go through. Thank God that barbaric act has been banned in Nigeria. And the four percent that voted yes for Tribal Marks on NL should be publicly flogged.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:20am On Jun 29, 2007
Do you remember when you said in the 'Osu' thread:

Quote from: babyosisi
Why is this topic of special interest to you that everyone else must somehow be misguided in their opinions except you?
I don't like dishonest people.
When someone understands somethings and pretends not to just to score a cheap point,that's dishonesty.

This is exactly why I find this thread hilarious laudate.  I remember osisi's quote clearly

It's amusing that the same people that were whining in the osu thread that Non Igbos shouldnt talk about it because we'll never understand yada yada are the SAME PEOPLE whining about crap now.

What I do get is why is it that you guys accept the existance of osus/umehs even though you supposedly never met one yet have a problem believing that some parts of IgboLand have/had naming ceramonies? Irony

Bte, Donzie we are waiting for you to pay up your bet, terra and laudate have named over 5 IGBO people who wrote books/articles on these things so you have lost. Pay up or shut up forever.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 29, 2007
Nonsense, my apology is YET to arrive!

@Laudate

That article clearly shows that Igbos have no naming ceremony! They thank God, people visit the child and bring their names with them (this is what the author was referring to Laudate as many ceremonies or whatever), and the parents name the kid as they want. When kids are born, many people visit with gifts and with the gifts come their own name for the kid, there is no naming ceremony as established by that author.

It will highly hypocritical if I do not get my apology!

@TerraCotta
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/arts/2006/nov/07/arts-07-11-2006-002.htm

There's really nothing here for me to learn from, why did you post this link?. . .Yeah Pro. Uzochukwu writing recitations for children during naming ceremonies proves that Igbos have naming ceremonies, could it be recitations during christening which many Igbos automatically refer to as naming ceremonies?

Please N/L. . .What does this paragraph say about Igbos having a naming ceremony? Be the judge because English has become difficult, maybe we should indeed learn in our native languages!

In the city, "the naming ceremony" would be the one big celebration substituting for several activities performed locally, on the kingroup-level. The naming ceremony marks the child's reception into society, after his name was determined, when people can safely begin interacting with him. In addition, a naming ceremony serves as a fund-raising party, where friends and well-wishers contribute towards the child's economic welfare.

Please does this paragraph say that Igbos have a naming ceremony?. . .Obviously it says the same thing I've been saying, there is no naming ceremony, it's only those in the cities who do christening i.e. what we know as naming ceremonies in Igbo land!

Finally, if you have CONCRETE evidence of this traditional Igbo naming ceremony, show to Donzman because even the link you posted says nothing to that effect. Anyone who has lived in Lagos or anywhere in Yorubaland already know that Yorubas have naming ceremonies, it is conspicuous and there for everyone to see. I wonder why the Igbo naming ceremonies can be so inconspicuous that we only read about them in historical tales.

PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE SEEN THIS NAMING CEREMONY, CONTACT DONZMAN!

p.s.: Laudate, I know what technical problem you were having, upgrade your computer skills! grin
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:45am On Jun 29, 2007
Lol before he claimed that the articles and books were lies written by the white man now when proof that fellow Igbos have written these things they are now "historical tales"

Lmao.  cheesy apology ko, epe ni.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by nguage(m): 12:48am On Jun 29, 2007
babyosisi:

if they are barely visible,why did she get them?@ n-guage
for what purpose?
It's like getting a barely visible tattoo,why bother when it can barely be seen?

If kanye west gets tribal marks tommorow, Babyosisi will still find a way to justify herself.
Your arguements are ALWAYS BASELESS AND ETHNICISTS.
Tribal marks are in the same class as tatoos , embedded tatoos and piercings
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by nguage(m): 12:54am On Jun 29, 2007
which one wold you rather get

Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Nobody: 1:00am On Jun 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Lol before he claimed that the articles and books were lies written by the white man now when proof that fellow Igbos have written these things they are now "historical tales"

Lmao.  cheesy apology ko, epe ni.
You talk alot and do very little listening, that bet was on the "ichie marks".

I do not know where TerraCotta gets the idea that Ichies or Ozos are nomore, go to any Igbo village, they're there!

@n-gauge

What about neither?. . .They're both making you a prime candidate for jesters!
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by ghettochyk(f): 2:33am On Jun 29, 2007
n-guage:

which one wold you rather get
no one would put me in a position where i must pick one. plus u might as well compare the tribal scars to other irrelevant stuff. it wont make a difference. no matter what u compare a wrong thing to, wrong is wrong. so no need asking. besides, the white guy in the photo obviously did that on his with his own consent. parents don't make their kids get that.

the constant bringing up of osu is very silly. if osu is the discriminating of a people because of their origin then it's wrong. whether it's an ancient thing or it's still in existance,  i will still not support it. and even if i am Yoruba, i would still speak against tribal markings.  i don't blindly support things because it's done by people in my own group. so there's definitely no use asking what i think of it (osu).  many people here are defending tribal markings because it's practiced in their culture."Wrong" does not have a nationality. tribal markings can be wrong whether it's practiced by yoruba people, igbo people, or welsh people. you can bring up anything that you feel is wrong about my own culture and we can debate it or discuss it. And if it's obviously wrong, don't expect me to claim it's not just because i am igbo.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:35am On Jun 29, 2007
Donzman:

I do not know where TerraCotta gets the idea that Ichies or Ozos are no more, go to any Igbo village, they're there!

Didnt you deny their existance a few pages back? Are you INSANE?
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:40am On Jun 29, 2007
[quote author=ghettochyk link=topic=59913.msg1248160#msg1248160 date=1183080790
. i will still not support it.[quote][/quote]

please quote people who are in full support of tribal markings and dont bother mentioning the likes of debo and co who were obviously being sarcastic. You people asked for the significance under the false pretense of "wanting to learn", we gave it to you and now it means that we "support" it?

I love how that 'tard that even started this thread hasnt replied since, Btw.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by nguage(m): 3:43am On Jun 29, 2007
Nigeria. where is thy unity?
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Nobody: 4:00am On Jun 29, 2007
ghettochyk:

no one would put me in a position where i must pick one. plus u might as well compare the tribal scars to other irrelevant stuff. it wont make a difference. no matter what u compare a wrong thing to, wrong is wrong. so no need asking. besides, the white guy in the photo obviously did that on his with his own consent. parents don't make their kids get that.

the constant bringing up of osu is very silly. if osu is the discriminating of a people because of their origin then it's wrong. whether it's an ancient thing or it's still in existance,  i will still not support it. and even if i am Yoruba, i would still speak against tribal markings.  i don't blindly support things because it's done by people in my own group. so there's definitely no use asking what i think of it (osu).  many people here are defending tribal markings because it's practiced in their culture."Wrong" does not have a nationality. tribal markings can be wrong whether it's practiced by yoruba people, igbo people, or welsh people. you can bring up anything that you feel is wrong about my own culture and we can debate it or discuss it. And if it's obviously wrong, don't expect me to claim it's not just because i am igbo.

well said dear.
Tribal markings are ugly and unsightly anyone that disgrees should go get one!
Just because baba has them doesn't make them cool grin

donzie and zulunation when are your adult naming ceremonies,I'm dying to attend one.
BTW ghettochyk,was yours on the 27th or 28th day?
I mean your naming ceremony?
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by ZuluNation(m): 5:40am On Jun 29, 2007
@ sister osisi

which naming ceremony are you talks about grin my parents gets 5 pikins and non of us had a naming ceremony, maybe the were too poor to afford one. instead they named us all chukwu this chukwu that. cry

Is it ghettochyk I see up there speaking supree supree na wa for you no bite your tongue oh tongue grin

Anyways I'm just coming back from the Coal City, I missed you all. Even you TOH. God I know I'm gone get insulted for say that tongue tongue
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by stranger12: 11:16am On Jun 29, 2007
@Nurse007

The lady in the picture you posted is most likely Hausa,

Hausa tend to have marks that come off the corners of the mouth in divergent lines and the incisions are usually "longish" and tiny

A lot of Yoruba tribal marks are parallel and thick.
The tiny ones are not tribal but medicinal.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by YOUNGDICEs(m): 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2007
hausa tribal mark look better then yorubas trust me some my grandma got tribal mark on her body but not on her face,yoruba people mess up they face with that shit men.

Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by ghettochyk(f): 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2007
babyosisi:

well said dear.
Tribal markings are ugly and unsightly anyone that disgrees should go get one!
Just because baba has them doesn't make them cool grin

donzie and zulunation when are your adult naming ceremonies,I'm dying to attend one.
BTW ghettochyk,was yours on the 27th or 28th day?
I mean your naming ceremony?

huh? what naming ceremony? did i miss something?  

@zulunation
i see ur back. smiley where you been? watching me speak supree supree in the background? grin
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by laudate: 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2007
Donzman:

@Laudate

That article clearly shows that Igbos have no naming ceremony! They thank God, people visit the child and bring their names with them (this is what the author was referring to Laudate as many ceremonies or whatever), and the parents name the kid as they want. When kids are born, many people visit with gifts and with the gifts come their own name for the kid, there is no naming ceremony as established by that author.

Alright, now I know what your problem is. You failed comprehension in school. Let me repeat my earlier advice. Go back & read that entire article again. Slowly. And if you find it so difficult to understand the points that were being made, I would recommend that you use a dictionary to translate any difficult words. May I suggest that you also read the works of the other authors that were also cited earlier? Maybe that would enlighten you.

Oh, here is another article on the subject:

The Social Significance of Names among the Ibo of Nigeria by H. A. Wieschhoff
American Anthropologist, New Series, Vol. 43, No. 2, Part 1 (Apr. - Jun., 1941), pp. 212-222

In it, the author states:
[Quote]
A naming ceremony, igu afa (lit. to give a name), takes place seven weeks (oge) of four days each, after the child has been born. During the intervening twenty-eight days, the infant remains unnamed and is referred to as omo ofu (new child). The child is spoken of as nwa okele, if it is male or if a female as[i] ite manya[/i] (lit. pot of palm wine). On the day the name is to be given, which is also the day the mother visits the market for the first time after her delivery, the relatives of both the father and the mother assemble in the house where the baby has been born. The families of the father and mother independently propose a name for the child so that each individual receives two names, although only one of them is retained in later life." [/quote]
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by seun001(m): 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2007
((( ))) {means sergeant},

= = {corporal}

(((= =))) {means general}

((((== ==)))) {meant you were a field marshal).

there are different ones for lieutenants, majors, e.t.c

My friend was a major,

men,am sure the guy will nt like to recall his school days.lol

actually,according to some peeps ere,tribal marks is horrid hmm,well it is not horrid to us yorubas ok.and if u dont know tribal marks have been a deciding factor in some villages as to the most beautiful/handsome person in a village.in fact warriors have fought wars over women that had the best tribal marks.cant u people understand that we, the yorubas can never be revolted by our own culture.eh

i gues this topic is abt yoruba tribal marks,y are people turing it in anoda topic.abeg go do ur arguements in anoda thread o jare!!
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 30, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Didnt you deny their existance a few pages back? Are you INSANE?

Get your head straight, nobody ever denied the existence of Ichies or Ozos. The past Gov. of Imo State is Ichie Achike Udenwa, there is a difference between Ichies and Ichi marks or whatever TerraCotta is claiming to have READ about (note not SEEN).

This shows on what plane you operate on, you do not even have a clue what is being discussed! Hilarious!

@Laudate

If you have been true any of these naming ceremonies, please show and tell. You can easily tell that Yorubas have naming ceremonies, it is there for all to see, why is the one for Igbos something you only read about in historical tales?. . .We're not more Christian than Yorubasto dump our naming ceremony!. . .Igu Afa is not a ceremony, like I already told you, when kids are born, family members suggest names from far and wide, there is no diversion of traffic like you experience in Lagos during Yoruba naming ceremonies!
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by ghettochyk(f): 5:53am On Jun 30, 2007
@seun
how is the prettiest determined by the marks? from the rankings you wrote up there?
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2007
Donzman:

\!. . .Igu Afa is not a ceremony, like I already told you, when kids are born, family members suggest names from far and wide, there is no diversion of traffic like you experience in Lagos during Yoruba naming ceremonies!

You are an slowpoke. Seriously there's no better word for you.

so every Yoruba naming ceremony ever done included people "blocking the streets"? abi? Because apparently EVERY Yoruba person lives in Lagos right?

You people were denying namings continously yet  IgboLand even has a damn WORD for it "igu afa", abi that's a made up word? Your excuse is that it just involves relative suggesting names for the kid from various locations, say a few prayers for the child and go on their way. It's the same damn thing for Yorubas, the rich ones are those who later in the day or week ADD a big party to it. OPONU.

and keep dodging the question, first you claim that no Igbo person could write books/articles on either ichie marks or naming ceremonies. SEVERAL examples were mentioned in this thread and now you are running around saying some other garbage. You're still a mere child because if you werent you'd have no problem saying that you were wrong for making a bet in which you completely failed.

All you do is embarrass yourself from thread to thread, if it's not in 925's threads where he pretty much wipes the floor with your face, it's in cultural threads or religion or political. Thankfully most people with common sense don't take you seriously. You are officially the joke of Nairaland.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Mustay(m): 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2007
n-guage:

Nigeria. where is thy unity?
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2007
from zulunation
@ sister osisi

which naming ceremony are you talks about  my parents gets 5 pikins and non of us had a naming ceremony, maybe the were too poor to afford one. instead they named us all chukwu this chukwu that.

Is it ghettochyk I see up there speaking supree supree na wa for you no bite your tongue oh 

Anyways I'm just coming back from the Coal City, I missed you all. Even you TOH. God I know I'm gone get insulted for say that 

How can?
ToH and and co said you must have had one grin
since a naming ceremony did not happen in my backyard,yours,ghettochicks or donzies backyard, are these "igu afa" ceremonies done in the midnite? grin grin
meanwhile welcome from my city of Enugu.
We all missed you at the Igbo thread,I was about to send out a search party to Abatete to bundle you back here,I feared someone was enticing you with a second wife,lol.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2007
@Thiefofhearts

You're getting dumber by the day, we name kids, we do not have naming ceremonies, Geez, how can I make it any clearer?. . .Igu afa simply means "naming a kid", it is not an official ceremony, why is it hard for you to accept that we do not have naming ceremonies?. . .Weird people on the internet!

Why is it a must that Igbos should have naming ceremonies?. . .I hate it when people who do not know try to force what they read on the internet down the throat of someone who has actually lived it.

P.S.: I do not mind you and neither do I mind 925 the fake scientist who turns scientific reasoning upside down!

SEVERAL examples were mentioned in this thread and now you are running around saying some other garbage.

Where are the SEVERAL examples?. . .Nonsense!

If you love these marks so much, go get one on your face!!
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2007
Donzman:

@Thiefofhearts

You're getting dumber by the day, we name kids, we do not have naming ceremonies, Geez, how can I make it any clearer?. . .Igu afa simply means "naming a kid", it is not an official ceremony, why is it hard for you to accept that we do not have naming ceremonies?. . .Weird people on the internet!

I actually was determined to learn of this great Igbo culture that had eluded me and I took it seriously.

I asked my 60+ year old mom,she has neither attended any naming ceremonies nor participated in one and never heard of it.
I asked my dad who is a decade older than mom, from a different town,same story.
I asked my 75 year old aunt,same story
I asked a friend from another part of Igboland,same thing.
I asked my cutie pie who is from a different area of Igboland,no change.

Then I asked my mom,the tradition after a child is born.
She told me Igbos traditionally believe in reincarnation.
Back in the days when she was born,a male child was circimcised on the 7th or 8th day then they inquire of the oracle who the child reincarnated and the chld was often given the name of that person,who is usually a late close family member.

In conclusion,Yorubas have naming ceremonies and know it,Igbos have naming ceremonies and Yorubas know it,how funny.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2007
This is why I HATE to argue with people who live and die by what they read on the internet and try to argue with someone who has actually lived it. They keep posting internet articles that PROVE NO POINT, if you've attended this Igbo naming ceremony, show and tell or just shut up!
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2007
babyosisi:

I actually was determined to learn of this great Igbo culture that had eluded me and I took it seriously.

I asked my 60+ year old mom,she has neither attended any naming ceremonies nor participated in one and never heard of it.
I asked my dad who is a decade older than mom, from a different town,same story.
I asked my 75 year old aunt,same story
I asked a friend from another part of Igboland,same thing.
I asked my cutie pie who is from a different area of Igboland,no change.

Then I asked my mom,the tradition after a child is born.
She told me Igbos traditionally believe in reincarnation.
Back in the days when she was born,a male child was circimcised on the 7th or 8th day then they inquire of the oracle who the child reincarnated and the chld was often given the name of that person,who is usually a late close family member.

In conclusion,Yorubas have naming ceremonies and know it,Igbos have naming ceremonies and Yorubas know it,how funny.

very true. I remember asking my uncle who is igbo whether he was going to do a naming ceremony for his first daughter on the 8th day. He looked at me like i was speaking greek and told me the igbos do not believe in such. They had the naming ceremony (his wife is yoruba) more than 2 weeks after the  baby was born.
There was no naming for the second baby. She just got plenty of names from family far and wide. Some by phone and some by email. Igbos do not believe in naming babies like the yorubas do.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by Mustay(m): 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2007
Donzman:

This is why I HATE to argue with people who live and die by what they read on the internet and try to argue with someone who has actually lived it. They keep posting internet articles that PROVE NO POINT, if you've attended this Igbo naming ceremony, show and tell or just shut up!

. . . .i dey feel u.

beta no stress yourself o!
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2007
*yawns*

This is like arguing with a special Ed class. In other words, a waste of time

As for you Donzman, again you are a certified retard.  "durr we name kids, we dont have ceremonies". Wow you're daft. What the hell is the difference? Then again you're an idiot who actually thinks every Yoruba naming ceremony is one where a lavish party is thrown. tribalistic cad. Notice how he's avoiding my question on how he said no Igbo person would write books on such topics, books and articles were presented and he's now changing story. Ode.

Keep playing your game of semantics. You calling anyone "dumb" has got to be the most hilarious thing ever. Like I said before you are merely an embarrassing joke.

Thanks for the laugh though.  cheesy

Osisi, you are a bit smarter than Donzie so dont bother playing that semantics game with me. Just cos one group calls something by one name and the other calls it by another doesnt mean the purpose behind it is any different.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2007
Dude Im older than you, what the hell have you "lived"?

You werent around to live where Jesus was on Earth so why do you believe the book known as the Bible? I mean why take something you've only "read" about seriously?
I would understand your pathetic frustration had it been some Yoruba or Hausa dude that wrote about namings or ichie marks in IgboLand but here it's not even the case, you were given examples of fellow Igbos who wrote about such things and you are STILL yaning dust. AGAIN, what ever happened to "oh an Igboi man wouldnt write such things"?

Obo. Comot from my face.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs / Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) / Somali-Sudanese Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.