Stats: 3,165,185 members, 7,860,257 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars (116832 Views)

The Prison Where Hushpuppi Will Stay For 11 Years In The US / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / 'One Million Boys' Storm Oworonshoki In Lagos. Youths Resist Them (Video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PaulH07: 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
ccollins:
I don't fancy material things myself. All things should be done with moderation. I am a Christian and make we join do investment together na

Guy comot.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by idahme(m): 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
phemmyfour:
not a standard car wash

People Dey wash car for 500H now sef, talk more of 15yrs ago, I bliv the 100H stuff...

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Ladycewhy(f): 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
bigbananai:
those people scammed other people, it is called payback, it is called karma
I hope you get scammed someday ,so you can tell us how your karma started.

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
PaulH07:

Waoh that's great. So a white man spoke at length on our own people. They probably know more about our roots than the average African sef...

Yea my man. It's a discussion on examplea of actual capital accumulation as a means of wealth building in Africa. As opposed to pure rent seeking and politics.

Nigeria was used as the case study as it is has the biggest local African owned businesses in USD terms for Black Africa. U know look at the biggest case of something when trying to understand its contours.

It's a good read.

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Ladycewhy(f): 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
Fhowe:
you are here complaining about the real victims ,only if you know the way the activities of most multinationals in this country victimize the average Nigerian daily
There are victims of capitalism everywhere in the world, say something else .
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
Mama he is not a thief he never stole just Yahoo
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by princetemitee(f): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hush naija we dey cheesy cheesy
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by 3kay945(m): 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
bossvinqualad25:
,depending on size from 90k upward

Eku Tita.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Youngblackbro: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Realcash224:
Some people who spoke with TheCable said Hushpuppi was already rich enough to buy the street and turn it into an estate, but he wouldn’t.

A hotel on the street, at a time, was up for sale and Sikiru Adekoya, his close friend who was also arrested alongside Hushpuppi, was said to have called him to buy the building, but he showed no interest.

“What has all his money amounted to now that we can’t even point to one thing he did in his area?” one of the sources asked.

“The house he was born in was here on Oworo road, and now that place has been bought and turned into a car wash. I remember very well how Ramon, interestingly, used to ask people to bring their cars to the front of that house so he could wash. They paid him about N100 per car then. Just imagine if he even bought that space and turned it to a modern car wash. At least boys on the street would get more jobs from that.”
una don start again with all these then say them say dude never washed car for any 100 before the car wash have always been at the front of his house and the mom was struggling fine enough to make sure everyone was okay abeg make una stop all this them say them say talk

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PaulH07: 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dasuks:

Yea my man. It's a discussion on examplea of actual capital accumulation as a means of wealth building in Africa. As opposed to pure rent seeking and politics.

Nigeria was used as the case study as it is has the biggest local African owned businesses in USD terms for Black Africa. U know look at the biggest case of something when trying to understand its contours.

It's a good read.

Unfortunately my days of passionate book reading seems gone.

I do more of money reading now. embarassed

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by aariwa(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ladycewhy:
Trying so hard to humanise a scammer. Why not talk about the ordeal of the people he scammed? undecided.

The people he scammed are the real victims here, not a criminal puppy. Let's focus more on the lives of the people who he defrauded .
You have said it all .A thief is a thief no matter what

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Olabode971(f): 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
deavicky:
those his designers wares will still be there for him. The only problem is they might not size him again when he comes back after 20years.

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Olabode971(f): 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
Chris2863:

Who told you, even if he spend 50yrs there, coming out, he will still be richer than your whole generation... It's not a curse but a fact

Back to sender...

its not a curse but what u wish yourself..
#Animal.

Am destined to be great and not to settle for less just as ur pauper life.

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
PaulH07:

Unfortunately my days of passionate book reading seems gone.

I do more of money reading now. embarassed

I feel u. U dont have to do cover to cover reading. Just particular cases. Ibru Modandola Ibeto Abiola etc. U see how many of them had banks for forex arbitrage to finance their businesses lol. Not the names above but a bunch of em.

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by bossvinqualad25(m): 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
3kay945:

Eku Tita.
i can give u for 85k
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Ehisod(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
obiekunie2:

Exactly!

maybe the instruction his babalawo gave him is never to help any body and sikiru made him break it. grin

now he has to suffer the consequences.. cheesy cheesy

Representative of a lost generation. Chai no hope in sight for Nigeria.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by ajl: 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
allen113:
sikiru na bad luck

How? Won't Sikiru now wish he never knew Ramon hushpuppi; or wish he is just loafing around jejely in Oworonshoki? These boys have no strength of character. There are rich people who made money legally and would never want to associate themselves with people or places of their humble beginnings. It could be fear or shame that's causing that. I think it's shame for someone like Ramon because the larger society would have asked more question how a young boy from that ghetto became a so-called billionaire overnight. Legit people won't get asked such questions because they never hit it big overnight, except if they are football superstars.

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Ijawwomaninoyo: 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
Snakedoctor1:
I just bought direct tokumbo of that car you displayed in the first picture. Pls take it down

That's what you call Profile pictures, a representation of something when the original photo is not available or when identity is to be hidden.
He wasn't snapping himself back then when washing and probably had no phone. The pictures were snapped to show the car wash.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by ccollins(m): 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
PaulH07:

Guy comot.
grin grin grin wetin I do naaa
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Jaqenhghar: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dasuks:

I feel u. U dont have to do cover to cover reading. Just particular cases. Ibru Modandola Ibeto Abiola etc. U see how many of them had banks for forex arbitrage to finance their businesses lol. Not the names above but a bunch of em.
Sorry to butt in but you do seem to have a lot of info about these books. Pls refer me to a few and how to get them.
I just finushed that soldiers of fortune. Very interesting read

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Ijawwomaninoyo: 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
ruggedtimi:
This is a perfect story for a Hollywood movie about crime/money.

NOBODY will ever use that for a movie cos most of them are his benefactors, that's why they are all mute. Was he not spending N11m per night at Cubana? Over N2Om receipt he showed with Mr P, Did you hear their voices? Why is Linda not blogging about his arrest since June 1Oth? Is that not suspicious?

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by akigbemaru: 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
SAMBARRY:
smh

Accidentally rich people with the mindset of poverty will still become poor because they lack the principles to sustainable wealth that is why the likes of Abiola will become so rich and his family/children will become broke.he was rich,he wasn't sustainably wealthy.so there was no how he could maintain his wealth

Check out people who become unexpectedly rich and aren't givers.they eventually go back to square 1.its an inevitable principle of wealth.
Abiola did not leave good legacy by marrying more than 100 wives. That kind of money always disappeared with the owner. Have you seen Dangote fucking all around and marrying young wives upanda like the fucking Alaffin of Oyo? That is why his wealth will linger through generations for his kid-kid-kid!

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by benratigan3(m): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
StagethemTVee:
As evident in this article, the problem Nigerians have with corruption and stealing is that the loot has not gotten to them? Many of Hushpuppi's neighbours have no issues with the source of his wealth, they are upset he was not generous with it.
you deserve a bottle aswear
from buhari 2015 rant of PDP looting to d common man on the street today accusing magu of being corrupt,they are upset d loot hasn't reach their side
spot on bro

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by ajl: 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
Youngblackbro:
una don start again with all these then say them say dude never washed car for any 100 before the car wash have always been at the front of his house and the mom was struggling fine enough to make sure everyone was okay abeg make una stop all this them say them say talk

I didn't have to know or read his story before I came to the conclusion that this chap is someone from a very poor background. Nothing wrong in coming from a poor neighborhood. Someone that is from such has options. Either use your experience there as a motivation for success and a fuel for strength of character and postive will-power or you can use it as a motivation for success but a fuel for shady character and pursuit of societal acceptance due to an emptiness in you that question your conscience if you really belong there. Thats why he needed to fill the emptiness with the persona he built online and all the photos and bling-bling. Someone shared a video of him in a luxurious section of Dubai Airport and a private jet. The guy was virtually talking loud to himself. He was already sick in the mind without realizing it.

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by ajl: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
SAMBARRY:
smh

Accidentally rich people with the mindset of poverty will still become poor because they lack the principles to sustainable wealth that is why the likes of Abiola will become so rich and his family/children will become broke.he was rich,he wasn't sustainably wealthy.so there was no how he could maintain his wealth

Check out people who become unexpectedly rich and aren't givers.they eventually go back to square 1.its an inevitable principle of wealth.

This your hypothesis that those who became rich overnight and aren't givers go broke is baseless. You don't go broke because you are not a giver. Such people go broke because of other reasons, which may include poor sense of judgement, poor financial management skill, lack of sound investment skill and other related factors. We know people who won the lottery or those who achieved stardom overnight but became pauper again because they were dashing there money right, left and center to friends and family members. Some will bring in entire extended family members and old close friends into their house and they all depend on this single individual. That's a fast road back to poverty. I assume your point is based on the fact that most Nigerians have an entitlement mentality. Meaning you expect the rich to just give out their money to old friends or neighbor just on the basis of old-time sake. It's still a wrong mentality.

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by ruggedtimi(m): 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

NOBODY will ever use that for a movie cos most of them are his benefactors, that's why they are all mute. Was he not spending N11m per night at Cubana? Over N2Om receipt he showed with Mr P, Did you hear their voices? Why is Linda not blogging about his arrest since June 1Oth? Is that not suspicious?
Mr p or Linda has nothing to do with Hollywood . Hushpuppi's case is a perfect plot for a crime movie.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Famexit(m): 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
mkoabiola:
Hussh is coming back to nja
true
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Ijawwomaninoyo: 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
ruggedtimi:
Mr p or Linda has nothing to do with Hollywood . Hushpuppi's case is a perfect plot for a crime movie.

Did you read what I wrote well? A lot of them in nollywood got money from him that's why they are all silent. How can you make a movie about such a person? Who will take the roles?

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by ruggedtimi(m): 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Did you read what I wrote well? A lot of them in nollywood got money from him that's why they are all silent. How can you make a movie about such a person? Who will take the roles?
baba read my comment again. They have made movies about worst people compared to hush.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Sorry to butt in but you do seem to have a lot of info about these books. Pls refer me to a few and how to get them.
I just finushed that soldiers of fortune. Very interesting read

I messaged u brody.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Famexit(m): 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
seangy4konji:
idiots....

who be yahoo...

everybodynahustler..

dieziani,melaye,magu,dasuki...are they not yahooagba yahoo

na person weh dem catch be thief...u weh deh inflate price of item u wan sell..u no be yahoou just smart abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Man Dies After Sex With A Precious, Prostitute From Akwa Ibom (Video) / Female Armed Robber In Port-Harcourt Caught Chilling On Bed Of Her Victim / Mmanti Umoh Raped: KanKan And Dada Twin Story

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66