Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,867 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:40 PM

Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars - Crime (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars (116847 Views)

The Prison Where Hushpuppi Will Stay For 11 Years In The US / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / 'One Million Boys' Storm Oworonshoki In Lagos. Youths Resist Them (Video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by juneman: 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nigerians need people like Husppuphi so they can point the finger and say " thats the bad guy"
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Ernest5: 5:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nonsense crap...me sef suffer, I didn't steal or do yahoo but I'm driving spider now and helping niggas on d street. He didn't help anyone his money kill him.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SAMBARRY: 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
ajl:

This your hypothesis that those who became rich overnight and aren't givers go broke is baseless. You don't go broke because you are not a giver. Such people go broke because of other reasons, which may include poor sense of judgement, poor financial management skill, lack of sound investment skill and other related factors. We know people who won the lottery or those who achieved stardom overnight but became pauper again because they were dashing there money right, left and center to friends and family members. Some will bring in entire extended family members and old close friends into their house and they all depend on this single individual. That's a fast road back to poverty. I assume your point is based on the fact that most Nigerians have an entitlement mentality. Meaning you expect the rich to just give out their money to old friends or neighbor just on the basis of old-time sake. It's still a wrong mentality.
it's part of it,I didn't postulate that lack of giving is the only factor.thank you
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SAMBARRY: 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
akigbemaru:

Abiola did not leave good legacy by marrying more than 100 wives. That kind of money always disappeared with the owner. Have you seen Dangote fucking all around and marrying young wives upanda like the fucking Alaffin of Oyo? That is why his wealth will linger through generations for his kid-kid-kid!
of course
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SAMBARRY: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. I can’t say of the unexpectedly rich part, but you get point sha. They can use 1m to drink, but they can never give a carton of noodles to the less privileged. If you check those kind people well, they have unresolved mental and psychological issues. I mean, them no well!! cheesy cheesy
exactly
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SAMBARRY: 6:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
DisLifeSha:
I continuously learn about my field. And it puts good money in dollars into my bank account

yeah'right that's why basic English you don't know grin

Awon English is not my mother tongue gang grin tongue
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Smartwave: 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
I love Yoruba's, they're accommodating and make you feel relax and secured. But I fear the Muslim Yoruba's. Most of there children are let loose.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by MILLERMannn: 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
seborrhic:
Celebrating a criminal.
The truth is the average Nigerian does not see anything wrong in crime.
Very shameful bunch.
To see how perverted and crime born he is,he as a multibillionaire then returned and gave d woman who fed him on free then a paltry 5k!
I bet that same period he was giving out at least 100k for just touching the boobs of an olosho.

Una nr go kill man with laugh. Na true you talk.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
Slynation:

Please ehh, I'm not a member of the winners chapel but how is Oyedepo a scammer?? Why do we keep judging some pastors even without trial...?? I was once like you, but I later realized I was only judging them because they are so rich and influential and nothing personal, after all, it's not my money...
Judging them won't stop people from paying tithes neither will it stop people from attending Churches...
how am i judging them? because i am not worshipping them? or because you don't agree with my opinion of pastors?

You can believe otherwise if you want but the fact is pastors are scammers especially nigerian pastors, yes like you said they are rich from collecting foolish people's money in the name of thithes and donations, so because it wouldn't stop them i shouldn't or people shouldn't point out that they are crooks? it's like saying because rapists cannot stop been rapists we should leave them alone to continue with raping. cheesy

And oh! you and I are not the same.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by MILLERMannn: 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ernest5:
Nonsense crap...me sef suffer, I didn't steal or do yahoo but I'm driving spider now and helping niggas on d street. He didn't help anyone his money kill him.
My oga na so. God will bless you.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by meobizy(f): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
Why wasn’t this story penned and posted when he was still living large? I imagine him refuting it as at last year. The write-up is really good, I read every word. He is the type who would have picked up arms if Yahoo didn’t smile his way. So, he was unknown in 2005, fast forward to 2011/2012 and every Nigerian university student claimed he was a friend of theirs due to his extravagant lifestyle. I remember hearing back then that he schooled in England, Cyprus, Russia and the USA. Lol.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by folu4real(f): 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
StagethemTVee:
As evident in this article, the problem Nigerians have with corruption and stealing is that the loot has not gotten to them? Many of Hushpuppi's neighbours have no issues with the source of his wealth, they are upset he was not generous with it.

grin grin exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Dabliss02(m): 6:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
I want to see the slippers he use to wore then
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Dabliss02(m): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
EngineerBode:
This is what they call digging deep.

You people should show us the pant Hushpuppi used to wear to play with tyre when he was 10
na the slippers I wan see

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by LOVEGINO(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
SAMBARRY:
Smh

The holy book says a fool and his money are soon seperated

If you are a fool and you have 500 billion,if you have poverty of the mind and brain, you will loose it

Hushpupi lacks wisdom.a rich man without wisdom will still go back to square one

Another issue is that he was not a giver.how can a woman who was good to you during your broke days just give her a paltry ₦5000

If at all you're stingy you should have helped her renovate her shop and give her better equipments for her buisness since she was a kind buisness woman

This days how many food sellers sell food with compassion? If you don't have money they will hurl insults at you and drive you out disgracefully
u ve said it all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by armyofone(m): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
Stealing from over 1million people was a very bad deal. I think he is now at peace with himself because no more looking over his shoulders.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Gordonz07(m): 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
nams77:

That same thing is what former ex governor of delta state, Uduaghan did. There was this old mama in his hood where he and his family goes to buy credit when hunger comes calling. He became governor and forgot about her. Really sad.
If the woman waited for Uduaghan to remember, that wasn't right. She should have played her part by going closer to the man. At least Uduaghan started as a commissioner, later became the Secretary to the state government (SSG). Sometimes, it is just our appearance that matters before these men in positions. They will surely remember to help us. Some of them though.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Slynation(m): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
gypsey:
how am i judging them? because i am not worshipping them? or because you don't agree with my opinion of pastors?

You can believe otherwise if you want but the fact is pastors are scammers especially nigerian pastors, yes like you said they are rich from collecting foolish people's money in the name of thithes and donations, so because it wouldn't stop them i shouldn't or people shouldn't point out that they are crooks? it's like saying because rapists cannot stop been rapists we should leave them alone to continue with raping. cheesy

And oh! you and I are not the same.
Lol... Guess you misunderstood me, but I got your point tho
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by feedthenation(m): 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
Indeed life, inside life.

If Hushpuppi has been generous like Robin Hood, maybe the prayers of the people he's helping would have secured him.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PAQ(m): 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
Not just Hushpuppi, many politificiains ate in places like this some years back.... Even called places like this home!

But look where they are today.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Headmaster055(m): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
The guy is a big fool...
He was spending the money he made illegitimately anyhow.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Magnito74: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
Mumu! No go hustle , dey find help . Goat
Realcash224:
Nobody saw a billionaire in Hushpuppi some 15 years ago when he roamed the dusty streets of Oworonshoki, Lagos, looking to wash cars for a paltry N100, and later returning to a food joint where he had beans and bread on credit.

In a philosophical reflection, using himself as a case study, he touched on how a child could feel rejected because of his poor background in his widely circulated 2017 “Letter to the Ghetto Kid”. It was about the same year Hushpuppi became a household name, as he had started using his social media page to flaunt his wealth.

With a sense of pride, Ramon Abass, whose dad drove a taxi and mum sold bread by the roadside in Oworonshoki, would say he represents “every underprivileged kid of the world and especially of Nigeria and of Lagos and of Bariga and of Oworonshoki — where a landlord had chased me and my family out of a rented room.”

Of course, now sounding like someone who has made it in life, he concluded by advising that “dejected kid” not to give up, just like he never did.
Entering stardom, Hushpuppi claimed to be into real estate but this had been trailed by skepticism, with many wondering how the 37-year-old had maintained a luxurious lifestyle for years — from acquiring the latest automobiles, including Rolls-Royce and Ferrari, to hiring private jets to take him holidaying across the best spots in the world.

It didn’t come much as a surprise in June when he was arrested in Dubai, where he was based, with 11 of his associates over email scams known in the Nigerian parlance as Yahoo-Yahoo.

In the special operation dubbed “Fox Hunt 2”, the Dubai police had tracked Hushpuppi for about four months, and upon his arrest, it was alleged that the crimes committed outside the UAE, included money laundering, cyber fraud, hacking, impersonation, banking fraud and identity theft worth Dh1.6 billion (an estimated N168 billion).

The police also revealed that 1,926,400 victims were targeted by the syndicate.

Subsequently extradited to the US for trial on money laundering, his lawyer, however, insisted that Hushpuppi “became rich through real estate.”

The real estate claim is what some residents of Ogunyomi street in Oworonshoki would dismiss.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/inside-lagos-slum-where-hushpuppi-bought-food-on-credit-washed-cars-for-survival/amp
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by DisLifeSha: 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
Don't worry. In your old age, you'll know the achievements to count whether it's of good English (who gives a damn grin) you'll know
SAMBARRY:

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by DisLifeSha: 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
Mr English. Na you even create am. Nor disturb me again o
SAMBARRY:

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Goalnaldo(m): 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
EngineerBode:
This is what they call digging deep.

You people should show us the pant Hushpuppi used to wear to play with tyre when he was 10
tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Sorry to butt in but you do seem to have a lot of info about these books. Pls refer me to a few and how to get them.
I just finushed that soldiers of fortune. Very interesting read

U see my message bro?
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Champagnegold: 10:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
Many of us had a worst situation than that......
Or why don't you do the same as he does in UAE.
Don't forget to post him when he's sent to prison.
Himself,you and the likes are the reasons Nigerian are stigmatized over the world starting from neighbouring countries along with the actions of our failed leaders.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SAMBARRY: 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
DisLifeSha:
Mr English. Na you even create am. Nor disturb me again o
alayinironu alayilpjuti cool grin tongue
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SAMBARRY: 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
DisLifeSha:
Don't worry. In your old age, you'll know the achievements to count whether it's of good English (who gives a damn grin) you'll know
Oro Na dun ofeke grin cool tongue
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Jaqenhghar: 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dasuks:

U see my message bro?
Im so sorry. I dont have access to that email. I cant access the verification number angry. maybe Ill DM you my proper email.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by One4me: 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
SAMBARRY:
smh

Accidentally rich people with the mindset of poverty will still become poor because they lack the principles to sustainable wealth that is why the likes of Abiola will become so rich and his family/children will become broke.he was rich,he wasn't sustainably wealthy.so there was no how he could maintain his wealth

Check out people who become unexpectedly rich and aren't givers.they eventually go back to square 1.its an inevitable principle of wealth.

Hundred years from now, the Poorest Person in 'President' MKO Abiola's Family, cannot be as poor as the richest person in your family.
Even the Toilet Cleaner of Abiola House is richer than the richest person your can put forward in your broke-azz family undecided undecided
It is funny when poor people like you try to make "Rules or offer advice" for the Rich
, .....despite practising your own wisdom for years, see how broke it has made your generation! shocked grin

Just kill yourself ontop Yoruba matter, you hia. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Man Dies After Sex With A Precious, Prostitute From Akwa Ibom (Video) / Female Armed Robber In Port-Harcourt Caught Chilling On Bed Of Her Victim / Mmanti Umoh Raped: KanKan And Dada Twin Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.