Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Interracial Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Interracial Dating? (4077 Views)

Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans / How Are Interracial Relationships Viewed In Nigeria? / Interracial Dating & Marriage ("Jungle Fever") (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interracial Dating? by Dublanc: 6:21pm On Feb 06, 2011
Hey peeps, I am a white professional male in my early 20s living in the UK. This might sound odd, but I have never been interested in dating anybody of my own race, my family is very diverse and I have always liked the idea of being with someone from a different background to me and learning all about their culture, traditions, food etc.

Anyway so recently I have been meeting a lot of Nigerian girls and whilst I know you can't generalise whole groups of people, of those that I have met they have been so down to earth, interesting, enthusiastic, friendly etc. and I am not going to lie I find Nigerian girls super super hot,

So I was wondering if there is anything I should know about dating Nigerian girls as a white European guy? Am I likely to run into any problems with their family not wanting their daughter to date outside their race, and for example I am not religious, is that likely to be a problem? I am quite a romantic and committed guy, again I know you can't generalise but a lot of white British girls would not consider committing to one man at this age, is there a similar trend with Nigerian girls or is there less pressure to have a certain number of notches on your bedpost before you are allowed to settle down?

Maybe this is a silly question but I have never dated an African girl before and at this point I would absolutely love to meet a nice Nigerian girl to settle down with.
Re: Interracial Dating? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:26pm On Feb 06, 2011
you go boy we nigerian gals rock, wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Interracial Dating? by omega25red(m): 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2011
Take it as it comes no need to over think. success in a relationship depends on learning about each other and not having a cheat sheet. religion might be an issue but i would be up front about it from the start.
best of luck
Re: Interracial Dating? by Dublanc: 6:41pm On Feb 06, 2011
Great reply omega25red! You're very right, I know I shouldn't overthink it, I was just wondering if there was anything I should be aware of. I think you're right that the religion thing might be the main issue with some girls - but I guess generally Nigerians are ok about interracial relationships?
Re: Interracial Dating? by MissyB3(f): 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2011
The Nigerian girl is very much like any other girl. . . . Focus on individuality rather than nationality.
The issue of cheating and religiosity has to do with the particular girl in question and not all Nigerian girls. So, when you get a Nigerian girl, take time to know her better.

PS: 'Filter' the comments you get . . . the lunatics will be here soon to litter the place with hooey.  It's a Nigerian girl thread after all.
Re: Interracial Dating? by Dsense(m): 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2011
Yeah Nigerian girls rock grin

Re: Interracial Dating? by desertboom(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2011
Hahaha. . . I can smell something here. Hmmm Another Nairalander posing to be a foreigner, thinking our men will bash Nigerian girls. @poster. I'm sorry if I guess wrong but Nigerian girls are the best.
Re: Interracial Dating? by Dublanc: 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2011
Haha nope I am who I say I am don't worry smiley Thanks for the replies guys and gals!
Re: Interracial Dating? by Areaboy2(m): 7:23pm On Feb 06, 2011
Nigerian girls are aite. nothing particular about them (in a general sense). However, I feel most of them are too "religious" and are hypocrites at the same time.
Re: Interracial Dating? by desertboom(m): 7:28pm On Feb 06, 2011
@poster. Next time try better. An average smart Nigerian guys will read your lines and know that you're fake. You're on a Nigerian forum and we're smarter. I am happy you accepted defeat.
Re: Interracial Dating? by desertboom(m): 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2011
@poster. Next time try better. An average smart Nigerian guy will read your lines and know that you're fake. You're on a Nigerian forum and we're smarter. I am happy you accepted defeat even if you may disagree.
Re: Interracial Dating? by omega25red(m): 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2011
desertboom:

@poster. Next time try better. An average smart Nigerian guys will read your lines and know that you're fake. You're on a Nigerian forum and we're smarter. I am happy you accepted defeat.
desertboom:

Hahaha. . . I can smell something here. Hmmm Another Nairalander posing to be a foreigner, thinking our men will bash Nigerian girls. @poster. I'm sorry if I guess wrong but Nigerian girls are the best.

^^ your agression and responses to the poster baffles me so what if he is white or nigerian? just answer the question. no need for the friction
Re: Interracial Dating? by obowunmi(m): 8:20pm On Feb 06, 2011
Nigerian girls like white men. Make sure you have loads of money -- don't say I didn't tell you. Nigerian babes like money --- and lots of it. Prepare your pocket.

Have fun, enjoy yaself.
Re: Interracial Dating? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2011
I'm with desertboom. I'm surprised no bashing as of yet. Maybe because OP said he's white. Time to act proper again lol.
Re: Interracial Dating? by Areaboy2(m): 8:33pm On Feb 06, 2011
obowunmi:

Nigerian girls like white men. Make sure you have loads of money -- don't say I didn't tell you. Nigerian babes like money --- and lots of it. Prepare your pocket.

Have fun, enjoy yaself.

lol, who doesn't?. Asian girls like white men, black girls like white men, white girls like white men.!! LOL
Re: Interracial Dating? by MrCork17: 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2011
Area_boy (m), Bro so u tink dating Albino,s is interracial dation? undecided HELLLLLOOOOO!!!!
Re: Interracial Dating? by MrCork17: 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2011
**dationg** not Dation, gademmit! angry
Re: Interracial Dating? by Leilana(f): 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2011
she is a women like all the others too.just a human beeing like all the white girls and chinese girls. just tread her like this.
Re: Interracial Dating? by MrsChima(f): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2011
ogugua88:

I'm with desertboom. I'm surprised no bashing as of yet. Maybe because OP said he's white. Time to act proper again lol.

Girl, you all in my mind. Interesting huh?
Re: Interracial Dating? by koolchicco: 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2011
obowunmi:

Have fun, enjoy yaself.
cool cool undecided
Re: Interracial Dating? by InkedNerd(f): 10:44pm On Feb 06, 2011
@OP: If you're interested in being with someone who isn't white then go for it. Just try to have an open heart and open mind.
Re: Interracial Dating? by queensmith: 11:34pm On Feb 06, 2011
hmmmm. . . will it be shallow of me to say the poster does not in the slightest way sound white??
Re: Interracial Dating? by Dublanc: 11:45pm On Feb 06, 2011
@queensmith: lol! In what way don't I sound white? XD
Re: Interracial Dating? by InkedNerd(f): 11:59pm On Feb 06, 2011
queensmith:

hmmmm. . . will it be shallow of me to say the poster does not in the slightest way sound white??

Oh really? And what does a white person sound like?

There's no such thing as sounding white.
Re: Interracial Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:00am On Feb 07, 2011
How do a person sound white or black ONLINE? undecided undecided
Re: Interracial Dating? by Tosinville(m): 12:09am On Feb 07, 2011
Re: Interracial Dating? by Mygoldie(f): 12:10am On Feb 07, 2011
or Ask.com
Re: Interracial Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:11am On Feb 07, 2011
Re: Interracial Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:12am On Feb 07, 2011
Mygoldie:

or Ask.com

No thanks. It was a rhetorical question.
Re: Interracial Dating? by Mygoldie(f): 12:13am On Feb 07, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

No thanks. It was a rhetorical question.

was only making a suggestion sis. embarassed
Re: Interracial Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:14am On Feb 07, 2011
(eating some strawberries) Want some?
Re: Interracial Dating? by Tosinville(m): 12:22am On Feb 07, 2011
^^^Yo blaq azz is so ful of chickenpox, eczema nd rashez at the lower part of ur left butt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Friend Is Killing Me!!! / A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement. / I Don't Understand My Wife Any More Please I Need Your Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.