Stats: 3,158,149 members, 7,835,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin (30080 Views)

FOREX Crisis: FG Plans Talks With Looters, Eyes Mop-Up From Hoarders / Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo / Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin (2) (3) (4)

Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by nsesam(m): 9:40am On Jul 21, 2020
If this is true, good because this is how Apc came into power . FRAUD
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by tesppidd: 9:41am On Jul 21, 2020
tempest01:
In politics, You don't make peace with greedy people like Oshiomole. You take the bull by the horn. After all they peace, they'll still turn around and replace you.

Take a cue from Lagos. Obaseki played his politics well. It now remains to be rigid and rugged in the elections as all hell will be unleashed.
So everyone is fighting with what they have right!

When the main fight starts don't cry dictatorship or Federal might ooh.

Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by AreaFada2: 9:42am On Jul 21, 2020
mcdokwe:
They needn't have bothered.

The press release is too long and many Nigerians lack patience for such long reads.
I wonder. How many people read more than a few paragraphs? Attention span is too small nowadays.

It's mostly older people who still buy newspapers.

Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by maverick24(m): 9:42am On Jul 21, 2020
jasent:
Do you have any proof to that effect? You just open your mouth and talk nonsense. Who did he shared the money to?
The problem with bad governance isn’t totally bad politicians but more of stupid and poorly educated followers. Do you really need a soothsayer to tell you what transpired between Obaseki and PDP? After years of being in the opposition but in few days decamped to another party and suddenly clinched the party ticket. It’s either you are Obaseki E-rat or you just plainly ignoramus. Shame on stupid Nigerian youths who allow useless politicians to mortgage their future. For your info, I ain’t supporting anyone of them

Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by Greatest100(m): 9:42am On Jul 21, 2020
Obaseki is trying all he can to stay afloat. A dictator per excellence
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by Coldfeets: 9:43am On Jul 21, 2020
They should also try to publish online let's see how obaseki agents will try to block the website too.
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by Agadinaagwuofe: 9:43am On Jul 21, 2020
To be sincere any vendor that decided not to take that offer must be a tool in the hand of village people. I mean what's your own about a publication in a paper that you might end up not selling? How many news vendor sell most of their newspapers these days let alone rejecting an offer to buy out all the ones you have? I think this is just figment of imagination of the writer, abi no be the newspaper stand wey everybody dey just read nobody dey gree buy na e vendor dey reject mop up abeg make dem talk another story this one is unbelievable

Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by AntiWailer: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2020
Tyrants.
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2020
Dem don start again
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by tempest01(m): 9:47am On Jul 21, 2020
tesppidd:
So everyone is fighting with what they have right!

When the main fight starts don't cry dictatorship or Federal might ooh.

Did the constitution or any known laws allow for "dictartorship" or using federal and electoral institutions to rig elections?

You people just post without thinking.

It should be an impeachable and treasonous offense to rig elections using state institutions.
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by Ijaya123: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2020
Edoloaded:

Shut up with your mumu talk...

Naxo Jonathan chill Buhari use propaganda remove am from power.

Bros face your amala republic and remove hands from edo state

Reasoning like this is what will make politicians continue to take the people for a ride. Very Sad.
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by RealAlubarika(m): 9:49am On Jul 21, 2020
odiks:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/controversy-as-obasekis-agents-mop-up-newspapers/

Ambode should learn from Obaseki, Edo is not Lagos. We do not play Amala and Ewedu politics in Edo
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by mamotalk: 9:49am On Jul 21, 2020
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by JARUSHUB: 9:54am On Jul 21, 2020
Nigerian politicians and their tactlessness sef.

How many people read newspapers.

No be newspaper dey influence public opinion for street.

If na newspaper advertorial, BUhari no go win 2015 elections.
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by lomprico(m): 9:56am On Jul 21, 2020
apc desperate move
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by jasent(m): 9:56am On Jul 21, 2020
maverick24:

The problem with bad governance isn’t totally bad politicians but more of stupid and poorly educated followers. Do you really need a soothsayer to tell you what transpired between Obaseki and PDP? After years of being in the opposition but in few days decamped to another party and suddenly clinched the party ticket. It’s either you are Obaseki E-rat or you just plainly ignoramus. Shame on stupid Nigerian youths who allow useless politicians to mortgage their future. For your info, I ain’t supporting anyone of them
can you also tell us how much size iyamu paid to join APC?

Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by frankmoney(m): 9:59am On Jul 21, 2020
This guy is just a dictator like Oshiomhole ... Hiding under the fact that he wants to stop godfatherism ... Obaseki is worst
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by madridsta007(m): 10:02am On Jul 21, 2020
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by PIMPAR: 10:02am On Jul 21, 2020
tempest01:
In politics, You don't make peace with greedy people like Oshiomole. You take the bull by the horn. After all they peace, they'll still turn around and replace you.

Take a cue from Lagos. Obaseki played his politics well. It now remains to be rigid and rugged in the elections as all hell will be unleashed.
But he shared N16b to the tax collectors. Who are you now deceiving?
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by coputa(m): 10:05am On Jul 21, 2020
tempest01:

Obaseki is a giant political strategist,he knows Adams is a double edge sword like his master:the emir of bourdilourn.Obaski will decimate them at the polls.
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by tesppidd: 10:07am On Jul 21, 2020
tempest01:

Did the constitution or any known laws allow for "dictartorship" or using federal and electoral institutions to rig elections?

You people just post without thinking.

It should be an impeachable and treasonous offense to rig elections using state institutions.
Did the constitution or any known laws allow for governors mopping up newspapers?

It should be impeachable and treasonable for governors to try to gag the press by physical or financial inducements.

You people keep taking hypocrisy to unprecedented heights.
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by tempest01(m): 10:09am On Jul 21, 2020
tesppidd:
Did the constitution allow for governors mopping up newspapers?

You people keep taking hypocrisy to unprecedented heights.

Lol...mopping up newspapers to prevent your propaganda is now a criminal offense?

LMAO
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by SavageResponse(m): 10:10am On Jul 21, 2020
Babzrockman:
This Obasek is also a warrior o... I like him for that sha.

He is giving Oshiomhole fire-for-fire
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by tesppidd: 10:11am On Jul 21, 2020
tempest01:

Lol...mopping up newspapers to prevent your propaganda is now a criminal offense?

LMAO
See this hypocrite! I pity you.

If Buhari does this now you will start crying blood.

Without a court order no governor has got any right to mop up any newspaper.

I pity youths like you.

Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by seguno2: 10:13am On Jul 21, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
My dear Edo,

Peace be still.

Meanwhile that's one dumbass move. Did they also mop up the news on the internet?

There's always so much unnecessary activities in Nigeria pre-elections just to give the people gossip, build up sentiments and throw them off the desire to very objectively hold the candidates accountable.

Keep believing the lies and propaganda of APC.
How do you know that any mop up was done?
Dumbass is believing anyhow stories. That is the real dumbass.
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by tempest01(m): 10:13am On Jul 21, 2020
PIMPAR:

But he shared N16b to the tax collectors. Who are you now deceiving?

Who am I deceiving ? Did I force you to vote for Obaseki?

It's an election, all politicians are crooked. Edo people should analyse the candidates and the factors involved and vote for the one that will at least impact and has the best intentions of all.

I am not from Edo, I will not be there after elections, why should I decieve you? And you are probably not Edo.
Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by tempest01(m): 10:15am On Jul 21, 2020
tesppidd:
See this hypocrite! I pity you.

If Buhari does this now you will start crying blood.

Without a court order no governor has got any right to mop up any newspaper.

I pity youths like you.

You are daft. I shouldn't be trading words with you.

You need a court order to buy newspapers?

If the agents negotiated with the vendors, what's your problem?

Did they use the police or army to stop circulation? Are those not federal bodies?

Re: Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin by seguno2: 10:15am On Jul 21, 2020
kahal29:
He didn't mop the ones online

Who told you that he mopped up the printed paper except some Oshiomhole sponsored journalists in the Sun newspaper?

Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 71st Birthday: See Throwback Photos / Eid-el-Kabir: FG Declares 30th And 31st July, 2020 Public Holiday / The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos)