Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? (41269 Views)

Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Enemyofpeace: 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
DappaD:

Stop spreading unnecessary lies on NL
Except you think it's 5year olds that will read your comments.

Jehovah's Witnesses have deep respect for the Bible and as such they would never engage in charms or practice magic because the Bible forbids them from doing so. (Deuteronomy 18:10,11)
abeg go sidon. I have them in my family and so I know what I am saying. Those guys are evil.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Enemyofpeace: 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
philipobiz:
. This Jazz thing is everywhere. So don't pin it on Jehovah’s witnesses alone
but they are pretending to be the saints of all saints. Shiooooooor
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Peacefullove: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
achorladey:
The key here is JWS see someone that has studied there books for baptism as a BELIEVER while someone that is baptized and zealous for Christ work in other churches are SEEN as an UNBELIEVER.

In reality it is what JWS beliefs and doctrine are that QUALIFY a BELIEVER from an UNBELIEVER not what the Scriptures say.

JWS don't marry other Christian simply because of what its DOCTRINES DICTATED as rottennaija stated.

Hell or no hell, trinity or non trinity, immortal soul or non immortal soul are not a matter of what scriptures say ?

Let me sound it in your ears, anyone who believe in immortal soul is not a Christian ! This is what majority held tight. So its safe for JW's to marry themselves
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by DappaD: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
abeg go sidon. I have them in my family and so I know what I am saying. Those guys are evil.
That's your silly rebuttal? grin
I've given Deuteronomy 18:10,11 as a scriptural proof that JW's stand by, now can you please give us proof of this your supposed “family” members who are Witnesses? undecided
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Acrobatics01: 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
Primesky:

That is a fact sir!.

Do you believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead?.

Thanks for pointing out lie.

1 Peter 3:18 summarises what we believe in
"Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;" (ASV)

Let's trash more
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by PeaceNexus(m): 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
I will advice any young man NEVER to allow useless love make you marry a Jehovah witness lady....you will regret it every inch of the way. Except of course you are willing to become witness.
chatinent:
Of course, Christians who want to marry are commanded to choose only a fellow believer. ( 1 Corinthians 7:​39) Jehovah’s Witnesses view this command as referring not merely to a person who respects our beliefs but to one who shares and practices those beliefs as a baptized Witness. ( 2 Corinthians 6:​14) God has always directed his worshippers to marry only those of the same faith. ( Genesis 24:3; Malachi 2:​11) This command is also practical, as modern researchers have found.
I know some will reprove me saying 'we are all Christians.'
Think: If you marry, will you appreciate if she didn't come to your church? Will it end in happiness? Would you share her beliefs? Even greatly, it will be disobedience to our God. We appreciate marrying people who share our beliefs; it brings happiness and we can avoid marry problems as pre-marital sex, unwanted pregnancies, and STDs.
Next time when you say 'we are all Christians,' do well to be open-minded to ask yourself if your beliefs are the same with ours.

Gracias.
Comments are welcome. I'll respond to civil ones.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by sagieramos(m): 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
Excuses:

Let people do what they want,after all they are responsible for the consequences of their choices..
Virginity is purity of the heart free from evil & unclean thoughts..a woman may not has sleped with a man but has watched ponorgrphy,read sex articles,she can handle herself.
They hymen of a woman can tear off during rigorous excersice,riding a bicycle,climbing a trees stretching leg from one branch to another.

Even God's 10 commandments,you 've not kept you are here arguing about imperfect man made doctrines..

Na so my guy, but some people did fit affect other people way no do-am
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
Janosky:

Hhhhmmmm !
Is Achorladey a Servant of Jehovah God?

What is the hmmmmmm? Na the post cause am? Which one is JEHOVAH GOD? Why not JEHOVAH or God. JEHOVAH God grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
telkevog:

Apostate spotted!

Will that answer the QUESTION of the Op? Or it your means to SILENCE others and tell others not to give HEED to what was said? grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by ifko: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
Thetruthalways:

Just read the rubbish you wrote and correlate it with what i said...
I abused them yes you just said it they didn't just comment on our post rather dey said thrash about it...
I am a muslim so i read out post...
I said i didn't see any muslim saying thrah about most of your useless post...
Is it what you find hard to comprehend...
What rubbish are you saying
The only achievement of your religion iscelebration of large number of people facing kabbal. Keep deceiving yourself with the lies of that rapist u are calling prophet. i pity U. The guy even informed u people that he didnt know where he will end his journey, nah lie he s in hell fire. Jesus said i m the way, the truth and life.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by broswilli: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
Janosky:

grin grin grin grin

JUNK !!!!
FALSE Claims

OK I am leaving te video here but I won't be surprised if it is blocked by YouTube in the near future. I prefer making references to other videos like court cases but the organization has no power over such videos. In this video a parent is shown as a good example for not to picking the call of a disfellowship pedi child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feOtGdslHhk

What a religion.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Janosky: 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
broswilli:

I will gain nothing making false claims. I have nothing against JW members. But I am sure that your leadership are false prophets. The references made was not concocted by me. The Australian Royal Commission was not conducted by me, JW lawyers lying in that commission was not done by me. Your anger cannot change anything. A false prophet will eventually lead followers into a ditch. Americans and Canadians are ditching your organization because they have come to understand that the organization is man made and has no backing from God. 607 BCE is a false date and therefore 1914 is false even the theology behind it is false.

There is NOTHING false about it, the Bible's chronology does not tally with secular history.

Bros, this is 2020, Australia Royal Commission you carry them matter for head, have ZERO case against JWs , your kangaroo trial of JWs has no effect. grin

All over the world,it is well documented FACT that Rape,abuse victims and their families shy away from reporting the crime to the Police,
this attitude has ZERO connection to their religious beliefs or affiliation.

Your Church member come steal your valuable possession in house, na your Pastor & Church members go report the crime? grin
(No be vex, make I tell you the koko as E dey hot).

Go and cleanse the pungent stench of debauchery in your so called body of Christ, Pastorpreneurs rape and impregnate their daughters and choir girls mistresses,
Some body was raped and killed in one of your Pastorpreneurs franchise center recently, we never see any PROOF you CONDEMNED their atrocities or reported the crime to the Authorities..
Bros, charity begins at home
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by DappaD: 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2020
daveP:

They begin to avoid discussing with you bout Biblical matters. Some even begin to grow cold towards you, even if you were respectful, friendly and courteous in discussing with them.

Smh.

So those that have Jesus as Lord and Savior are now unbelievers cos they arent Jws? Laughable!!!

@Bolded, tell more intelligent lies grin at least your father Satan is also intelligent .
Jehovah's Witnesses will never shy away from a Bible discussion. They'll only leave when the other person seems to want to make problems.

@Italicized, Yes they are unbelievers! The truth is hard to swallow grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Janosky: 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
broswilli:

OK I am leaving te video here but I won't be surprised if it is blocked by YouTube in the near future. I prefer making references to other videos like court cases but the organization has no power over such videos. In this video a parent is shown as a good example for not to picking the call of a disfellowship pedi child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feOtGdslHhk

What a religion.

Matthew 10:32-39 Dey your Bible?
1 Corinthians 5:1-13 dey your Bible?

Since you value loyalty to your unrepentant disobedient, wayward child more than loyalty to your Maker Jehovah God, na your problem be that.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by DappaD: 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
Janosky:

There is NOTHING false about it, the Bible's chronology does not tally with secular history.

The highlight of the matter! Secular records say Judah was in captivity for 50years meanwhile the Bible says that Judah was in captivity for 70years! — 2Chronicles 36:20,21 , Jeremiah 25:11, Daniel 9:2

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by ifko: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
Janosky:

The BOLDED up there are FALSE Claims you have made to twist the fact.

Bros HYPOCRISY how many child rapists and molesters in your so called body of Christ have you reported to the Authorities and those culprits were punished?
Pentecostal Church choirs are harems of sexual debauchery, how many unborn child murderers in your midst have you censure or reported to the law enforcement officers?

Jesus said in John 11:26" anyone who believes in me will NEVER die at all",
Bros this is year2020,your Church members no dey die ?
Did Jesus make a false prophecy?

John 11:26, Jesus his talkig about spiritual death nah. Get understanding bro
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
DappaD:

Continue deceiving yourself eyah grin
Have you asked yourself why the ARC hasn't made the reporting of such cases mandatory? Despite pleas of a member of JW Governing Body? If the law specifically says that reporting of cases are mandatory then JW's would follow up those laws to the end because they are in subjection to the government authorities (Romans 13:1)

But in many cases, the victim (if an adult) chooses not to report to the authorities and that's the person's decision. NO ONE tries to influence the decision made by the person.

In essence, parents are responsible for their children not the elders. The elders in the congregation aren't the ‘law’ that you people think it's their job to report to the authorities.
The elders are only assigned with the task of discerning the spiritual cleanliness of the congregation. They offer Scriptural counsel/comfort for the victim (2Corinthians 1:3,4) and also disfellowship the offender if found guilty (1Corinthians 5:11)

If the parents of the victim wants to report a case to the authorities they are free to do so and no one will try to hinder or stop them. Also, they do not cover up crimes of offenders —contrary to what you believe in or what you want to make others believe.

The truth is that Jehovah's Witnesses have the most protective child sex abuse policy out of all religions. JW's believe that children are an inheritance and a gift from Jehovah so parents do their very best to try and take care of that special gift (Psalm 127:3)

Don’t believe hearsay and rumour; see for yourself.
Here is a link...
https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/legal-resources/information/packet-jw-scripturally-based-position-child-protection/

1006 files the ORGANIZATION submitted are HEARSAY and RUMOUR? grin grin grin grin Continue. The consultant the organization employed to review their processes too must be HEAR SAY. Do you know what she admitted after submission of her reports? All na HEAR SAY and RUMOURS.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by ifko: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
broswilli:

Then your leaders are misrepresenting Jesus and his words with false interpretation of scriptures.

1914 is false doctrine. Jesus did not leave any clue to his followers when his arrival would come.

Missapplication of the scriptures has led to dire consequences as seen in the child abuse cases. Now if they don't claim to be prophets why do they ask parents not to pick the call of a child that has left the organization. Only a Prophet can have that kind of authority over a follower.

Sorry i am not going to post a video on parents instructed not to pick the call of their children because your organization is sending spies all over the internet trying to delete videos and books they created so new members cannot track their fallacies.
So if i leave JW, my parents won't pick my call Na wahh for this yahwe people
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by rottennaija(m): 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
Peacefullove:

No, here you come with your lying tongue. Glad you are frustrated this much.

I asked you on that thread

" Oga is the dragon with seven heads also real ? What about the beasts with different heads described in the same revelation ? Since the horses are real to Mumu like you, Then the dragons are real . Dumb man

See how a single bible verse as Rev 21:3,4 turn you to a toddler grabbing straws "

What ya say ?

Let me remind you that the name "Human" was given to creatures of flesh and blood. That which doesn't exist in heaven

And yet horses exist. Swords exist. Thrones exist where elders sit on them and they will need asses to sit on thrones. Not just that, horns exist, wings exist, smokes exist among others.

Peacefullove, I'm dumb. Mumu, stupid, disgraced, with a lying tongue etc. It's your headache, not mind. Because tomorrow, you will still repeat the same abuse.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Peacefullove: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
rottennaija:

And yet horse exist. Swords exist. Thrones exist where elders sit on them and they will need asses to sit on thrones. Not just that, horns exist, wings exist, smokes exist among others.

Peacefullove, I'm dumb. Mumu, stupid, disgraced, with a lying tongue etc. It's your headache, not mind. Because tomorrow, you will still repeat the same abuse.

U really described yourself. One fact stand out. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. The humans at Rev 21:3,4 are flesh and blood. That word was use throughout the bible for flesh and blood beings. When will you have sense ?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Janosky: 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
ifko:

John 11:26, Jesus his talkig about spiritual death nah. Get understanding bro

John 11:25 Jesus Christ debunks your claim..
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, this is 2020, Australia Royal Commission you carry them matter for head, have ZERO case against JWs , your kangaroo trial of JWs has no effect. grin

Your Church member come steal inside your valuable possession in house, na your Pastor & Church members go report the crime? grin

Go and cleanse the pungent stench of debauchery in your so called body of Christ, Pastorpreneurs rape and impregnate their daughters and choir girls mistresses,
Some body was raped and killed in one of your Pastorpreneurs franchise center recently, we never see any PROOF you CONDEMNED their atrocities or reported the crime to the Authorities..

It becomes CHARITY BEGINS at HOME. You no remember CHARITY begin at home when you published Child abuse cases involving catholics in your AWAKE abi to EDUCATE the PUBLIC? Now when they show how the same problem abound in your ORGANIZATION you enter CHARITY begins at home grin grin grin

ARC has no zero case against the ORGANIZATION yet you submitted 1006 case files and your GB agreed to make corrections to the FLAWED POLICIES grin grin grin. Your GB admitted the whole ARC COMMISSION is not set up to WITCH HUNT the organization. Smh
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Acrobatics01: 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
ifko:

No! If it were so you won't have any Jw as a friend.

However, there are cases where some members remain unrepentant sinners and they have to be yanked off from the system to avoid being a bad influence to others including their family members. In this case, it is obvious they are committing brazen conduct and we don't want to be associated with them, hence close association is to adviced to be limited with such

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Janosky: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
ifko:

Bros, wetin you learn from 1 Corinthians 5:1-13 and Matthew 10:32-39?

Acrobatics 01 have hammered out the point for your proper understanding.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by rottennaija(m): 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
Peacefullove:

U really described yourself. One fact stand out. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. The humans at Rev 21:3,4 are flesh and blood. That word was use throughout the bible for flesh and blood beings. When will you have sense ?

Next time you look at the mirror, yak a very good hard look. You will see the very description in it.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2020
Janosky:

All over the world,it is well documented FACT that Rape,abuse victims and their families shy away from reporting the crime to the Police,
this attitude has ZERO connection to their religious beliefs or affiliation.

Your Church member come steal your valuable possession in house, na your Pastor & Church members go report the crime? grin

Is there anything like BIBLE CHRONOLOGY? Do you have date in bible e.g 01/01/607 B.C.E, 10/01/537 B.C.E grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Flairoqy(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2020
ThinkSmarter:
Religion have destroyed humanity more than war.
A faithful adherent of any religion is an extremist.
Religious people discriminate and hate others that don't don't share their own beliefs and doctrines.
That's is why I love the Catholics, Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian and Baptist Churches.
They don't restrict their members from marrying from Islam, traditional society and other churches, being it man or woman.
Buddhism is not a popular religion, but from my perception is the best religion, it preaches humanity and mindfulness, but the more popular a religion is, the more contradictory and violent it becomes... I'm thinking of converting from Islam to Buddhism, but that's when I leave my parents roof and have my own family.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Peacefullove: 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2020
rottennaija:

Next time you look at the mirror, yak a very good hard look. You will see the very description in it.

Break the mirror, will you still see it ?

Heaven doesn't entertain flesh and blood.... Human is a name for flesh and blood beings. Nowhere is any heavenly being tagged "Human" , what you will see is anthropomorphic descriptions.

For the tag human to be applied BOLDLY in Revelation 21:3,4 ... This are earthly humans of flesh and blood.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Janosky: 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
achorladey:

Is there anything like BIBLE CHRONOLOGY? Do you have date in bible e.g 01/01/607 B.C.E, 10/01/537 B.C.E grin grin grin

JWs no go spoon-feed Atheist who rejected his Maker grin
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2020
ifko:

Please can you explain what David meant @ Psalms 1:1? undecided
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2020
ifko:

Don't joke with it oooo if you be member. Look at the below..... Should you call when in an EMERGENCY, OYO na the person case

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
Maximus69:

Please can you explain what David meant @ Psalms 1:1? undecided

Leaving JWS means one has stopped walking with the RIGHTEOUS ONES abi? grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment / Pastor Charles Osazuwa: It Is A Sin To Be A Tenant In A Rented Apartment / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.