Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! (18685 Views)

The Truth About FFK: Yemisi Wada’s Camp Rips Femi Olu-Kayode Apart - TheElitesng / Why ”they” Want Goodluck To Leave By Any Means Necessary / Prof Soludo Tears Okonjo Iweala To Shreds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Beaf: 11:46pm On Feb 09, 2011
jason123:

Please explain further . . . . . .

I hope you know Tinubu does not dictate the SW? The reson why Tinubu is popular is because he stood up to the FG during OBJ's era. Now, the progressives in the SW are what is making ACN popular not Tinubu. He cannot even contest as the VP under ACN and expect Yorubas to vote for him.

Does any of the above absolve him from being a drug barron and number one rascal? embarassed
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 11:49pm On Feb 09, 2011
fstranger3:

This is way out of line

This is a big embarrassment to the president. I dont think, Fashola should have uttered those words. GEJ is the president for luck's sake!

He is undermining the presidents's reputation. Not good at all!

The SW was for GEJ but he destroyed his own reputation with his own hands. Even now, I know he would still win the SW [b]if [/b]he quickly plays his game right and try to be progressive by not hanging around with Akala and co.

Beaf:

Does any of the above absolve him from being a drug barron and number one rascal? embarassed

No, it does not. But you have to agree that the president scored an own goal in his backyard.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 11:50pm On Feb 09, 2011
Beaf:

I believe GEJ was referring to the unfortunate and to most observers, questionable happenings that saw PDP lose out in the SW.

Beaf, can you explain this to us, please?
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by ekubear1: 11:54pm On Feb 09, 2011
I would not be surprised if GEJ has stolen more money that Tinubu has, when it is all said and done.

Why is his state (Bayelsa) an absolute backwater, while Rivers and Delta are flourishing?

In whose pocket did Bayelsa's money disappear? Alams alone? Or was Alams the only one prosecuted?

In any case, GEJ (and Beaf, his sycophant) need to heed the words of Fashola.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by bkbabe97y(m): 11:55pm On Feb 09, 2011
Beaf:

^
Go spread daft rumours in the romance section. Brains are needed here.

Riiigggghhtttt . . . . . would it also be "rumors" if I said your Homeboy's gal couldnt read for shiyyyt?!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Beaf: 12:00am On Feb 10, 2011
eku_bear:

I would not be surprised if GEJ has stolen more money that Tinubu has, when it is all said and done.

Why is his state (Bayelsa) an absolute backwater, while Rivers and Delta are flourishing?

In whose pocket did Bayelsa's money disappear? Alams alone? Or was Alams the only one prosecuted?

In any case, GEJ (and Beaf, his sycophant) need to heed the words of Fashola.

How about that Bayelsa is new? Fool?
More intelligent people are concerned about the ra'pe of that territory to fuel the rest of the country. Nigeria's first oil well was in what is now know as Bayelsa, but they were not connected to the national grid until 2006.

Now we begin to know NL's demons as well as ethnic bigots and liars like you.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Gbawe: 12:02am On Feb 10, 2011
fstranger3:

This is way out of line

This is a big embarrassment to the president. I dont think, Fashola should have uttered those words. GEJ is the president for luck's sake!

He is undermining the presidents's reputation. Not good at all!

and the President has the right to go around talking like a "rascal"? Fashola is spot on. Deep down , most top administrators (Amaechi, Fashola, Chime et al) don't respect GEJ as a leader. They dont see someone sagacious and deserving of his office when they look at GEJ. They know he is mediocre and has luck to thank for where he finds himself. This is why Fashola's uses the word "luck" several times. The point is that the likes of Fashola want to respect Jonathan's office but the mediocre man in that office should then not start talking down those doing their jobs properly while all he does is spend profligately without doing anything of note to move Nigeria forward.

Look at Ribadu talking about the FOI bill and its importance to good governance while GEJ is all over the place talking like an 'agbero'. Will he ever be found talking comprehensively about issues important to the progress of Nigeria?  Abeg stop this nonsense of never seeing anything wrong with GEJ's actions. We are in a democracy. He should respect others (especially proven performers) and they may just respect his office publicly.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Beaf: 12:05am On Feb 10, 2011
Gbawe:

and the President has the right to go around talking like a "rascal"? Fashola is spot on. Deep down , most top administrators (Amaechi, Fashola, Chime et al) don't respect GEJ as a leader. They dont see someone sagacious and deserving of his office when they look at GEJ. They know he is mediocre and has luck to thank for where he finds himself. This is why Fashola's uses the word "luck" several times. The point is that the likes of Fashola want to respect Jonathan's office but the mediocre man in that office should then not start talking down those doing their jobs properly while all he does is spend profligately without doing anything of note to move Nigeria forward.

Look at Ribadu talking about the FOI bill and its importance to good governance while GEJ is all over the place talking like an 'agbero'. Will he ever be found talking comprehensively about issues important to the progress of Nigeria? Abeg stop this nonsense of never seeing anything wrong with GEJ's actions. We are in a democracy. He should respect others (especially proven performers) and they may just respect his office publicly.

The chief rascal is a drug baron grin grin:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/139268_BolaTinubuHeroinforfeiture_jpgb084d334c74cec7150ee9588a3aed2fc
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by ekubear1: 12:06am On Feb 10, 2011

[size=25pt]Alamieyeseigha rallies support for Jonathan[/size]
NewsOct 18, 2010
By Samuel Oyadongha
Yenagoa—Pioneer civilian Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, weekend, rallied support for President Goodluck Jonathan, saying any person from the Ijaw nation, who vote against the president in the forthcoming poll is a saboteur.
Describing President Jonathan’s rise to prominence in country’s politics as divine arrangement by God, Chief Alamieyeseigha, said an average Ijaw person has leadership qualities embedded in him.
He urged the people of the region to register during the voters registration exercise, so as to be able to cast their votes which, according to him would guarantee them the President of their choice come 2011.
The former Governor, who spoke in Yenagoa, during the launch of a music entitled ‘Oyibo Remote’ by an indigenous musician, Mr Smooth, a lawyer, stressed the need for the inclusion of Ijaw music into Jonathan’s jingles, adding that music should be used to propagate the Ijaw culture.
Chief Alamieyeseigha recalled that when he was the Governor of the state, he made the Ijaw people to stop lamenting over the issues of marginalization and neglect, but to go for what rightly belonged to them.
According to him, “militancy is not only those that carry gun in the creeks, there is intellectual militancy, which is a fighting spirit, and it will continue until we get what we want. We can now dance Owigiri at AsoRock because we have the President as our son.”
He also urged Smooth to continue to promote the Ijaw culture through his music, regretting that most of the Ijaw children could hardly speak their language.
“Nobody is born in Ijaw land by accident. We must continue to promote those values that bring  us together, and music is one of them. There is no boundary between the Ijaw from Ondo State to Akwa Ibom State. The culture of Ijaw shows that we are one, but we lack unity in diversity,” he said.
In his speech, the celebrant and the convener of the launch, Barrister Smooth who thanked every body present for attending the occasion described artistes as the mirror of the society which he said is reflected by the actions and the performances of the artiste.
He urged the people to work towards building up Izon language, adding that indigenous artistes promote the values and cultures of a place while encouraging up coming artistes to work towards promoting the Ijaw values and culture.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/alamieyeseigha-rallies-support-for-jonathan/

Na wa o. Being supported by a criminal who stole billions from his own people, an outlaw who escaped justice in London by disguising himself as a woman!  grin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4499962.stm

Why does GEJ cavort with such unsavory characters?

How much of Bayelsa's money did GEJ secret away?
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 10, 2011
@Beaf. empty barrels make the loudest noise, connect the dots,
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by debosky(m): 12:07am On Feb 10, 2011
Nice one by Fashola. . . . .GEJ has taken a note from his mentor OBJ's manual.

Instead of focusing on issues, he's attacking personalities? Fresh air indeed - more like idiotic bull$hit without substance.

Put in his place very quickly. . . .Fashola's achievements in one year dwarf those of GEJ's entire political career.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Beaf: 12:09am On Feb 10, 2011
stealth01:

@Beaf. empty barrels make the loudest noise, connect the dots,

That would be the ethnic bigot in cheif, look in the mirror at yourself. Fool.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 12:10am On Feb 10, 2011
debosky:

Nice one by Fashola. . . . .GEJ has taken a note from his mentor OBJ's manual.

Instead of focusing on issues, he's attacking personalities? Fresh air indeed - more like idiotic bull$hit without substance.

Put in his place very quickly. . . .Fashola's achievements in one year dwarf those of GEJ's entire political career.

+1
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Gbawe: 12:11am On Feb 10, 2011
jason123:

Beaf, can you explain this to us, please?

He is trying to Parrot the discredited notion that Justice Salami delivered the SW region to the ACN via the appeal Court. Arrant nonsense IMO because we all saw GEJ , while VP, in his element and acting like a shameless 'agbero' to help the PDP rig Oni back in power during the Ekiti Guber rerun. All GEJ and PDP apologists can be sycophantic but this is ridiculous and a new low.

We all know the PDP rigged elections in virtually all SW states bar Lagos where they were resisted by Tinubu. That is the truth. Yoruba people are not mad or foolish. We cannot vote back into power , in 2003 and 2007 , leaders who have made poverty our second name . Simply not possible. The PDP lost control of the SW region because the people of the region rejected them. Simple . Everything else is conspiracy theories from the minds of those too far gone in sycophancy to ever admit the truth.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by ekubear1: 12:11am On Feb 10, 2011
Beaf:

How about that Bayelsa is new? Fool?
15+ years in existence now. So that is the excuse for absolutely no development and progress in the state? OK, how many years should we wait before the governors develop the state and stop stealing its money? 100 years? 1000?

More intelligent people are concerned about the ra'pe of that territory to fuel the rest of the country. Nigeria's first oil well was in what is now know as Bayelsa, but they were not connected to the national grid until 2006.
I assume that you aren't including the plundering governors as part of these people more intelligent than I?  grin

Now we begin to know NL's demons as well as ethnic bigots and liars like you.
Ethnic bigot? Me? Na lie! Who am I bigoted against?

Liar? Also a lie. Tell me what I've lied about. I dare you.

In general, how about we stop with your ad-hominem sort of slander and character assassination and instead focus on the facts? Or you fear the facts?
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 12:14am On Feb 10, 2011
Gbawe:

He is trying to Parrot the discredited notion that Justice Salami delivered the SW region to the ACN via the appeal Court. Arrant nonsense IMO because we all saw GEJ , while VP, in his element and acting like a shameless 'agbero' to help the PDP rig Oni back in power during the Ekiti Guber rerun. All GEJ and PDP apologists can be sycophantic but this is ridiculous. The PDP rigged elections in virtually all SW states bar Lagos where they were resisted by Tinubu. That is the truth. Yoruba people are not mad or foolish. We cannot vote back into power , in 2003 , leaders who have made poverty our second name . Simply not possible. The PDP lost control of the SW region because the people of the region rejected them. Simple . Everything else is conspiracy theories from the minds of those too far gone in sycophancy to ever admit the truth.

Nigerians are wake!!! smiley
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by ekubear1: 12:15am On Feb 10, 2011
Beaf, running from pillar to post. Everybody who disagrees with GEJ is an "ethnic bigot"  grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by bkbabe97y(m): 12:16am On Feb 10, 2011
eku_bear:

In general, how about we stop with your [b]ad-hominem [/b]sort of slander and character assassination and instead focus on the facts? Or you fear the facts?

oK, what the hell was u smoking using the bolded in a sentence to Beaf?

You trying to fry his brain?!
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 12:17am On Feb 10, 2011
Beaf:

I believe GEJ was referring to the unfortunate and to most observers, questionable happenings that saw PDP lose out in the SW.

Beaf, please explain this to us now? undecided
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:19am On Feb 10, 2011
I feel so bad that I am located in the south south, I registered but will not go out to vote because the lay man on the street cannot really see past the fact that GEJ is from the Niger Delta and as such they will vote him en mass here even if his wife starts making speeches for him in these rallies  grin grin grin grin So I will seat at home and cheer every single CPC and ACN vote I see.

As for the slip of tongue, what can I say LOL, reminds me of tuface having to smoke weed to have the confidence on stage. Maybe he has stage fright.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Beaf: 12:19am On Feb 10, 2011
eku_bear:

15+ years in existence now. So that is the excuse for absolutely no development and progress in the state? OK, how many years should we wait before the governors develop the state and stop stealing its money? 100 years? 1000?
I assume that you aren't including the plundering governors as part of these people more intelligent than I?  grin
Ethnic bigot? Me? Na lie! Who am I bigoted against?

Liar? Also a lie. Tell me what I've lied about. I dare you.

In general, how about we stop with your ad-hominem sort of slander and character assassination and instead focus on the facts? Or you fear the facts?

As for lies, dude just look at every one of your posts; tell me which is not a lie and can be backed by fact. You've become absolutely shameless in your bigotry.
Everybody see's you as a bigot except yourself.

And the more intelligent peeps than yourself I was referring to? Nah, it doesn't include governors, its everyday types, carpenters, rewires, drivers, meat sellers etc.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by blacksta(m): 12:20am On Feb 10, 2011
jason123:

Beaf, please explain this to us now? undecided

haaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

what explanation do u need from clown that is riding on luck

or somebody who brought the office of the president into disrepute
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by ekubear1: 12:21am On Feb 10, 2011
bk.babe97y:

oK, what the hell was u smoking using the bolded in a sentence to Beaf?

You trying to fry his brain?!

Dude's style is just annoying as hell. What the hell does Tinubu, a guy who isn't even in office have to do with GEJ's statement?  grin

Beaf, the game is over. Every time you respond in a moronic and infantile way like this, I'll call you out on it.

If you want to bring up Fashola's godfather (Tinubu), then I may as well bring up GEJ's homeboys Edwin Clark and Diepreye "Crossdresser" Alamieyeseigha  grin grin grin

If you want to play that game, let's go right ahead.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Beaf: 12:24am On Feb 10, 2011
eku_bear:

Dude's style is just annoying as hell. What the hell does Tinubu, a guy who isn't even in office have to do with GEJ's statement?  grin

Beaf, the game is over. Every time you respond in a moronic and infantile way like this, I'll call you out on it.

If you want to bring up Fashola's godfather (Tinubu), then I may as well bring up GEJ's homeboys Edwin Clark and Alams  grin grin grin

If you want to play that game, let's go right ahead.

My style might annoy you, but does that mean you should respond by telling lies?! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Dude, back up the lies you've told on this page, they are many enough to make a witch blush. Back up your stories, lies and insinuations.

E be like say I don meet Tinubu pikin!!! Tinubu is a drug lord. cool Back up to the fact?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/139268_BolaTinubuHeroinforfeiture_jpgb084d334c74cec7150ee9588a3aed2fc
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by fstranger3(m): 12:24am On Feb 10, 2011
Gbawe:

Look at Ribadu talking about the FOI bill and its importance to good governance while GEJ is all over the place talking like an 'agbero'. Will he ever be found talking comprehensively about issues important to the progress of Nigeria?  Abeg stop this nonsense of never seeing anything wrong with GEJ's actions. We are in a democracy. He should respect others (especially proven performers) and they may just respect his office publicly.

I agree with you to a great extent. Not everything GEj did nor say is right. However, of issue here is his position. It doesnt matter who occupied the post, the post should be respected as the highest post in the land. The President is seen to many a school children as a role model, an honest person, the father to all, the #1 person in the country, and everyone else, either directly or indirectly is below him. And, the Governors, in a way, work for him. Any attempt to discredit his candidacy, undermine his influence or ridicule his person should be rebuked by any and all sane person because any tarnish to the post is an assault on our collective sensibility as a nation.

Irrespective of our view, we need to always have someone in charge, and that person needs to be seen as capable. Any attempt by people like Fashola and his ilks, no matter how popular,to  ridicule the office is an attempt at inviting chaos to the polity secondary to rendering the office ineffective. What Fashola has done, an act of gross insubordination to a superior, is akin to a junior officer disobeying the commands of a senior officer, an offense punishable by death in certain parts of the world.

What lesson is Fashola trying to pass to the millions of school children in Lagos, that anytime their teachers mis-speak, it is their right, not to politely correct their teachers, but to ridicule them and aggressively embarrass their teachers any way possible. I am sure that is not the kind of behavior you want inculcated in your kids.

Lets call a spade a spade, Fashola's behavior is reprehensible and should be condemned by all.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by jason123: 12:26am On Feb 10, 2011
fstranger3:

I agree with you to a great extent. Not everything GEj did nor say is right. However, of issue here is his position. It doesnt matter who occupied the post, the post should be respected as the highest post in the land. The President is seen to many a school children as a role model, an honest person, the father to all, the #1 person in the country, and everyone else, either directly or indirectly is below him. And, the Governors, in a way, work for him. Any attempt to discredit his candidacy, undermine his influence or ridicule his person should be rebuked by any and all sane person because any tarnish to the post is an assault on our collective sensibility as a nation.

Irrespective of our view, we need to always have someone in charge, and that person needs to be seen as capable. Any attempt by people like Fashola and his ilks, no matter how popular,to  ridicule the office is an attempt at inviting chaos to the polity secondary to rendering the office ineffective. What Fashola has done, as act of gross insubordination to a superior, is akin to a junior officer disobeying the commands of a senior officer, an offence punishable by death in certain parts of the world.

What lesson is Fashola trying to pass to the millions of school children in Lagos, that anytime their teachers mis-speak, it is their right, not to politely correct their teachers, but to ridicule them and aggressively embarrass their teachers any way possible. I am sure that is not the kind of behavior you want inculcated in your kids.

Lets call a spade a spade, Fashola's behavior is reprehensible and should be condemned bu all.

What about freedom of speech or does it not apply in Nigeria?
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by blacksta(m): 12:28am On Feb 10, 2011
abeg

have pity on beaf  - na wounded lion .   gej is forgone conclusion from one blunder to another

BEAF is only trying to salvage whatever LUCK that is left.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by fstranger3(m): 12:28am On Feb 10, 2011
jason123:

What about freedom of speech or does it not apply in Nigeria?

What about decorum in the public arena or does it not apply to Fashola?
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by ekubear1: 12:29am On Feb 10, 2011
Beaf:

As for lies, dude just look at every one of your posts; tell me which is not a lie and can be backed by fact. You've become absolutely shameless in your bigotry.
Everybody see's you as a bigot except yourself.
Bigoted against who? Name some names?

And since so many of my posts are LIES, surely it should be easy to point out at least one of them?

And the more intelligent peeps than yourself I was referring to? Nah, it doesn't include governors, its everyday types, carpenters, rewires, drivers, meat sellers etc.
Well, first of all, without trying to be an @ss about it, this set of people isn't very large, as a fraction of humanity. Second, why does their concern over the r.ape of Bayelsa by its governors mean that others should not be?
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On Feb 10, 2011
Jonathan has just lost it . . . I hope all Nigerians will pay attention to what is actually happening to them.
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by fstranger3(m): 12:32am On Feb 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Jonathan has just lost it . . . I hope all Nigerians will pay attention to what is actually happening to them.

Coming from you?

I dey laugh oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! by ekubear1: 12:34am On Feb 10, 2011
Alams. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: / ‘impeached’ Ondo State Deputy Governor Says He Is Still In Office / ADC's Dumebi Kachikwu's Presidential Bid Ruffles Feathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.